Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 13:54 
Legendary Boogeyman

I think early on in this game you lost to a couple of good Priest moves and it's severely biased you against the class ever since. There are at least two generic cards I can think have that have 'stealing' properties (Mind Control Tech, Faceless), and yet in every other hand that's considered fine and legitimate.

Trump says he wouldn't play a F2P priest simply because it would be too hard. The Priest needs to be spiced up with some kind of legendary to even give it a chance which you can't really do F2P. So rather than anything, the card copying, while being sometimes good, sometimes bad, and somewhat informative as to what you're up against, clearly isn't OP. There's nothing 'cheaty' about it, it's merely the legitimate mechanic of the game which you don't like. There's nothing objectively wrong with it otherwise. No more wrong than the ability to Buzzard/hounds. It's annoying, but it's class specific and legit, so I'd really recommend just GETTING OVER IT :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 14:32 
ugvm'er at heart...

Priest is difficult to play as it has three main disadvantages.

It lacks outright damage capabilities.
Its main play mechanism of card stealing can be either good or bad or neither, it isn't predictable.
Its card removal is either below 3 or above 5, yet arguably the 'best" cards in game are all 4 attack...

It is distinctly underpowered rather than overpowered in any way! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 14:36 
Hello Hello Hello

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
I think early on in this game you lost to a couple of good Priest moves and it's severely biased you against the class ever since. There are at least two generic cards I can think have that have 'stealing' properties (Mind Control Tech, Faceless), and yet in every other hand that's considered fine and legitimate.

We've had this one before, the difference with the Faceless and Tech is that they're neutral cards so everyone has access to them. Plus they're both pretty crap in Constructed anyway, I'd never use the Tech in Constucted (he's good in Arena though) and the Faceless is a dead card for too many games (again he's good in Arena though), there are better options to fill a card slot with.

Quote:
Trump says he wouldn't play a F2P priest simply because it would be too hard.

Yes, I know, that was my point!

Quote:
The Priest needs to be spiced up with some kind of legendary to even give it a chance which you can't really do F2P. So rather than anything, the card copying, while being sometimes good, sometimes bad, and somewhat informative as to what you're up against, clearly isn't OP. There's nothing 'cheaty' about it, it's merely the legitimate mechanic of the game which you don't like. There's nothing objectively wrong with it otherwise. No more wrong than the ability to Buzzard/hounds. It's annoying, but it's class specific and legit, so I'd really recommend just GETTING OVER IT :P

I've said about FIVE MILLION TIMES that I don't think the abilities or the class are OP :p (As witnessed in my last game where all the cheaty stealy stuff, if anything, actually brought about the priest's own demise rather than helping him.)

I just personally find the mechanics of them peculiarly annoying, it's my emotional reaction to what is obviously the intended behaviour of the class and the cards.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 14:39 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
Priest is difficult to play as it has three main disadvantages.

It lacks outright damage capabilities.
Its main play mechanism of card stealing can be either good or bad or neither, it isn't predictable.
Its card removal is either below 3 or above 5, yet arguably the 'best" cards in game are all 4 attack...

It is distinctly underpowered rather than overpowered in any way! :)

No one's arguing that the class or the cards are overpowered, this is what I said on the last page of this thread!

Quote:
I agree with EBJ that priest needs spicing up and/or a bit of buffing, but they could make a good start down that road by sorting out the class's card draw mechanics IMO.

I think they're a naff class and the card stealing mechanic is a horrible random chaotic element in a game where a lot of the skill is actually in neutralising random chance and getting the game and the cards to 'do what you want them to' as it were.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 14:49 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Hearthly wrote:
horrible random chaotic element in a game where a lot of the skill is actually in neutralising random chance and getting the game and the cards to 'do what you want them to' as it were.

All of the classes have some randomness to them but the other character that seems to have much more of this is obviously the other one you hate who can draw a random beast , hit a random minion (or two) , etc :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 15:24 
Hello Hello Hello

IMPORTANT ARENA NOTE:

Playing an Aldor Peacekeeper on a Lightspawn does the grand total of ABSOLUTELY FUCK ALL.

I was wondering to myself, 'Hmmm, will this work....'

NO IT DOESN'T.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 15:28 
Legendary Boogeyman

Say 'chaotic' one more time motherfscker, I dare you, I double dare you.

Indeed, the lightspawn 'ALWAYS EQUAL TO HEALTH' is one that is overides any other attack modifier. It wouldn't be buffed by, say, a Raid Leader either. It needs a health buff.

If it gets silenced to a 0/5, you can always reactivate it with a Inner Fire but then that just works like a regular buff, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 15:30 
Legendary Boogeyman

I've always thought a 0-cost to 'Raise or Decrease a minion's attack by 1' would be a great neutral card.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 15:32 
ugvm'er at heart...

Speaking of tricky priest stuff, this is quite amusing and not something I thought of!

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/com ... instakill/

Steal ancestral healing (heal minion to full) from a shaman and use it while you have your soulpriest (healing is now damage) out and it will instakill anything :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 15:36 
Hello Hello Hello

Indeed, the lightspawn 'ALWAYS EQUAL TO HEALTH' is one that is overides any other attack modifier. It wouldn't be buffed by, say, a Raid Leader either. It needs a health buff.

If it gets silenced to a 0/5, you can always reactivate it with a Inner Fire but then that just works like a regular buff, etc.

Yeah I didn't think it would work, but it would have been such an elegant solution had it done, and I've never tried it before, so I thought I'd take a punt on it :D The card text did read to me like it wouldn't work, in all honesty.

Still won the game in the end (just!) but that turn really threw me right off track, but Arena can be so chaotic sometimes can't it :o

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 15:45 
Legendary Boogeyman

Trooper wrote:
Speaking of tricky priest stuff, this is quite amusing and not something I thought of!

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/com ... instakill/

Steal ancestral healing (heal minion to full) from a shaman and use it while you have your soulpriest (healing is now damage) out and it will instakill anything :D

Ahem, I found this out directly in that exact scenario where I tried to use the healing on my Gurubashi, and it killed it.

I did think that might happen, but thought it might not as it's worded 'restore' rather than a 'heal'. It might have been interpreted as merely setting the health to max rather than applying the healing affect. Lesson learned that it does not!

Health-related buffs are not affected by the Soulpriest also.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 15:48 
ugvm'er at heart...

Not sure what I think about that. So if you shield someone with your soulpriest out, it still adds 2 health, rather than taking it away?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 16:03 
Hello Hello Hello

The rather ugly results when an opponent fails to realise the risk an Imp Master/Flesheating Ghoul combo can represent in Arena until it's far too late, and also doesn't manage to take care of a minion with Blessing Of Wisdom on it..... :D

He seemed insanely interested in bashing my face in during the early game (I was down at 8 health at one point, but recovered a bit with a Truesilver) and didn't seem to understand what was on the way, ignoring minions that can get rather dangerous if you leave them alone.....

Attachment:
ugly.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 16:16 
8-Bit Champion

Trooper wrote:

Not sure what I think about that. So if you shield someone with your soulpriest out, it still adds 2 health, rather than taking it away?

Correct and the +3 from the temple guys works , and of course double heath doubles the health (not 1/2 or anything else like that)

I did have a Paladin try to cast the spell to change my Lightspawns attack to 1 and it did not do anything (which i think surprised them)

Again a basic trick but i do like having someone 'silence' my lightspawn (turns it into a 0 / 5) and just leave it there so i can double its health twice and then make attack and health the same for a 20/20

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 16:45 
Legendary Boogeyman

zaphod79 wrote:
Again a basic trick but i do like having someone 'silence' my lightspawn (turns it into a 0 / 5) and just leave it there so i can double its health twice and then make attack and health the same for a 20/20

This is why, unless you have lethal, you always clear out those 'harmless' minions if you have the chance.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 17:22 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:

This is why, unless you have lethal, you always clear out those 'harmless' minions if you have the chance.

Absolutely, I make it a priority to kill a 0/5 Lightspawn even if I've removed the immediate danger by silencing it.

I learned the hard way early on in my Hearthstone career that, wherever possible (and unless you have lethal), leave absolutely fucking nothing alive on your opponent's side of the board if he's a priest.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 17:29 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
I learned the hard way early on in my Hearthstone career that, wherever possible (and unless you have lethal), leave absolutely fucking nothing alive on your opponent's side of the board

FTFY :-)

Actually I have left enemies alive but frozen sometimes when as a mage I did not have enough to take them out - and of course they can unfreeze them - at the weekend I was playing a mage and they froze my sea giant and only did two damage - i played a spellbreaker to silence the giant (which removed the ice) and then smashed him in the face to finish him off :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 17:40 
Hello Hello Hello

Does something happen to this game after all the kids get home from school?

I swear to god you get far better, varied and more interesting games during the day, and then all of a sudden from about 4pm-5pm in the afternoon it's just wall-to-wall brainless aggro decks for a few hours.

It's getting to the point now where I decamp from Hearthstone for the late afternoon and early evening, and maybe dip my toes back in around 9pm.

WoW used to be the same as well when it came to random groups, there was a definite change in the people you were grouping with based on the time of day and indeed what day it was.

The best time to play WoW for random dungeons was at ridiculous times in the early morning, you tended to get a lot of chilled out stoned Dutch guys to play with :D I remember one healer apologising after a wipe on a very basic pull saying he was too stoned to see properly and would have to leave the group :metul:

Anyway, off to the Wii U for a bit I think.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 20:32 
Sleepyhead

Got rubbish choices for my class in arena. Druid (just did one, didn't go well), Warrior, Hunter.

So I went for Hunter. Got two Eaglehorn bows so went for all the secrets I could see, and all the beasts. Got loads of buzzards and hyenas, but no freaking UTH! Gah!

Still, surprisingly balanced deck at the moment. At 2-0, though mostly on the strength of the hero power, the regular cards (Yeti, etc) and the 'Random Beast Companion', which is always worth the 3 mana at the very least.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:02 
Hello Hello Hello

Had a pretty tawdry time in Ranked last night, although can't complain about the quality and variety of opponents (unlike the 5pm zerg of rush decks). Got knocked back down to Rank 15 :(

A few satisfying wins in there, notably against a priest who had an 8/8 on the board by Turn 3 and that was before he'd even played his card for that turn.... Fortunately I top-decked a Spellbreaker on Turn 4 which put it back down to a 0/4 where it belongs.

Even so it wasn't an easy game past that point but the finishing screen where he conceded says it all.

Let's see what today brings! (I really should be doing more productive things with a week off, but meh, fuck it.)

Attachment:
priestshit.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:12 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

It's great that you guys are having a brilliant time playing this, but this thread really does read like Rimmer telling stories about playing Risk ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:14 
ugvm'er at heart...

Leaked Naxx images!

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/com ... _on_a_bbs/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:30 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:

I'm properly cracking out a stiffy of anticipation, if they flesh out the campaign side of things (which it looks they are doing) then all the better.

HEARTHSTONE FOREVER :luv:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:30 
Hello Hello Hello

Cras wrote:
It's great that you guys are having a brilliant time playing this, but this thread really does read like Rimmer telling stories about playing Risk ;)

Give it a go!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:31 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Cras wrote:

Smeg off, dogfood face

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
:kiss:

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:18 
Legendary Boogeyman

Cras wrote:

It's ok, I find the turn-by-turn recollection of other people's games a bit dull too, but I haven't said that until now ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:34 
Hello Hello Hello

It's ok, I find the turn-by-turn recollection of other people's games a bit dull too, but I haven't said that until now ;)

Each to their own I guess. Personally I like reading the tales of other people's Hearthstone exploits and as such present mine in this thread for people to read or ignore as they see fit :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:00 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I jest, of course, but the Risk comparison was too much fun to not bring up :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:34 
Sleepyhead

Cras wrote:
I jest, of course, but the Risk comparison was too much fun to not bring up :)

Hell, I do it and every time I type it down all I can think of is, "And you'll never guess what happened next... ANOTHER SIX!"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:39 
Legendary Boogeyman

Hearthly wrote:
Each to their own I guess. Personally I like reading the tales of other people's Hearthstone exploits and as such present mine in this thread for people to read or ignore as they see fit :)

I'm not that bothered and I'm not complaining. I do appreciate a fun plan or a quirky bastard combo, but I'm quite put-off reading a giant wall of text about the turn-by-turn. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 15:31 
Hello Hello Hello

Lots of these bloody freeze mage decks about, I was wondering where the popularity was coming from and it turns out some dude won a $10,000 tournament with one.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/63979-rd ... ack-winner

Also if you read the comments on that page there is INTRIGUE AND SCANDAL around one of the players being tipped off with cryptic messages from his friends via PM to indicate what his opponent had in his hand (Who Wants To Be A Millionaire coughing style stuff).

The freeze mage deck itself is a seriously tough one to beat if they get the right card draw, although I did just manage to beat one down with my warlock deck just now, which finished off with the mage Pyroblasting himself in the face :D Amazingly the critical card for the last turn was a humble Voidwalker I got down, which stopped his Water Elemental hitting me and freezing me (which is when those Ice Lance things become deadly).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 15:53 
Legendary Boogeyman

You're talking about RDU and discussion about that has been done to death. All parties involved are seemingly content he did not cheat, and did not elicit any help from anyone on his friend list. The 'cryptic message' you refer to at one point was someone saying something like 'hi mom', and the other, more blatant message (which said something like 'he has a bow and something else') was deemed not to have affected the outcome of the match... probably.

Hotly debated, but the guy still played great. I watched the match and I'm content it wasn't a cheat. The guy got to the last match of the final without any help, so it's silly to presume he had an elaborate scheme to try to win.

Of course, the most sensible thing to do in these tournaments is merely provide the players with two All-card accounts to build their decks with with no friends list. I can't believe they didn't anticipate this with a live streaming event, which is just plain damn dumb.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 19:27 
Hello Hello Hello

You're talking about RDU and discussion about that has been done to death. All parties involved are seemingly content he did not cheat, and did not elicit any help from anyone on his friend list. The 'cryptic message' you refer to at one point was someone saying something like 'hi mom', and the other, more blatant message (which said something like 'he has a bow and something else') was deemed not to have affected the outcome of the match... probably.

Hotly debated, but the guy still played great. I watched the match and I'm content it wasn't a cheat. The guy got to the last match of the final without any help, so it's silly to presume he had an elaborate scheme to try to win.

Of course, the most sensible thing to do in these tournaments is merely provide the players with two All-card accounts to build their decks with with no friends list. I can't believe they didn't anticipate this with a live streaming event, which is just plain damn dumb.

You seem to know an awful lot about it, can you account for your movements on the night of the championship? :hat:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 20:06 
Hello Hello Hello

Just had a horrible game against a wanker shaman who was taking the full amount of time for EVERY SINGLE TURN, even Turn 1 where he did nothing.

He was also emoting away so I squelched him before the end of Turn 2.

Controlled him down well with my warlock deck but it was taking a lot of cards to keep hold of the board, but I was pretty chilled, all I needed to do was get my Jaraxxus out with a bit of time left to get him dialled up (Jaraxxus takes a couple of turns to get going due to his hero power), as my opponent had burned all his good cards in the first 2/3 of the game.

Literally the LAST CARD OUT OF MY DECK is Jaraxxus, my health goes from 29 to 15 when I play him, (and of course from the next turn I'm taking fatigue), and I've also played both my Oozes out of the need to control the board down because my Jaraxxus won't appear, and he then plays a Stormforged Axe and then just as that expires top decks a fucking Doomhammer!

Even with that awful, appalling bad fortune I had him down to 2 health, but conceded as with his damage next turn and then my fatigue, I was dead.

I wouldn't mind so much (his actual play was good enough) but he was such a horrible time wasting cunt, which made losing to him really quite annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 20:08 
Legendary Boogeyman

Do you not have dual screens? I always have something to do on the second screen during downtime, so the timewasters don't even register for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 20:16 
Hello Hello Hello

Do you not have dual screens? I always have something to do on the second screen during downtime, so the timewasters don't even register for me.

I've got one very high-res screen, so yes I was noodling around several browser tabs whilst waiting for him to play his turns, and just clicking back into Hearthstone when I had something to do.

The thing is it was actually a good game, he was playing well against my deck which is very control focused but arguably can lack punch to the face sometimes if I need do a lot of control (which is required against shamans with all those totems which a Bloodlust and/or Flametongue and/or Windfury etc can suddenly make very dangerous, and their legendary does crop up sometimes too, their burst can be quite frightening). Honestly, me drawing Jaraxxus ANYTHING OTHER than 30th out of my deck would have done the job.

Plus he was one of those arseholes that emotes all the fucking time which of course can be squelched away (which I did) but in my head I got beaten by a trash talking time wasting wanker - it's that emotional reaction thing again, same as I have with priests when they steal things off me :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 20:27 
Sleepyhead

Effing Shaman.

I think I'm doing well. He has 7 mana, no minions, but Doomhammer equipped. I have 20-odd health and several minions.

Rockbiter x2, 16 damage from his weapon.
Bluegill warrior for 2 damage
1 mana for 3 damage zap x2.

24 damage.

Ouch.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 20:54 
Hello Hello Hello

Went into Arena with a bad head on me, put together a shocking Druid deck, went down 0-3.

I conceded before I even played a turn in the last game, a Mage did that Mana Wyrm > Coin > Mirror Image nonsense, and I just thought 'I can't even be arsed trying to work through this' - concede.

TO THE NINTENDO WII-U A TRON!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 22:59 
Hello Hello Hello

Back into Hearthstone and I'm getting sure there's some sort of 'semi-hack' thing going on, I've seen it maybe three or four times now and it's always the same thing - has anyone else had this? I'll try to explain it as best I can..... (The game is unique of course but the 'hack' is always the same.)

I was playing against 'OMGoxx', he as a hunter and me as my warlock.

Decent game, tough game, but I got him on the ropes and was very close to lethal and that was before I even played my Jaraxxus - it was game over for him.

Then he played a minion onto the board (can't even remember what it was, something crap like an Ooze) and ended his turn, but you know that big red arrow that comes up when you're focusing on something? That stayed there from the end of his turn and into my turn, a solid red animated arrow from his hand to the minion he'd just played. And then it was like the board was 'locked' for my turn, what I actually wanted to do was Mortal Coil his crappy minion (I had a Drake out so it would have done 2 damage and drawn a card), but every time I tried to drag the card out it sort of pinged back into my hand.

I tried to drag the Mortal Coil out several times and every time it just pinged back, and all the time that big red arrow was focused from his hand solidly to the minion he'd played before he ended his turn, I wasn't getting any board animations of my own.

After a short while I tried to drag something else out, (can't remember what it was but nothing too disastrous), and that had the same effect of pinging back to my hand, tried the Mortal Coil again, same thing, and then all of a sudden the board 'unlocked' and I played a fucking Hellfire which wiped the entire board including my three minions!

As soon as my Hellfire played and the minion that the arrow was locked to was destroyed the arrow disappeared, I ended my turn with an absolute 'WTF?' and he just picked up as normal. (Me having just lost the game effectively.)

Now I know I'm not imagining this, I've played a LOT of Hearthstone over the last few months and I've seen this on a handful of occasions. It's always when you've basically won a game, it's always when the turn passes to you, and it always seems to stop you playing a card with that big red arrow locked to something from their hand side, I think it's always to their side but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Now admittedly in the past I have stuck with the card I want to play and the board has eventually 'unlocked' and I've been able to play it, so it was kind of my own fault for trying a different card maybe, but there is no way on god's good earth I'd have played a Hellfire into that board, and it's not even like it was next to the Mortal Coil in my hand, it was three cards over from it.

Tinfoil hat time I know......

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 23:20 
ugvm'er at heart...

It's a known bug in the game that people are using to force wins.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 23:22 
Sleepyhead

They're out to get you!

Lots of ice mages around at the moment.

Just played a miracle rogue though who was terrible! He had all the cards and knew how to get amazing card draw, but not what to do with it! By the end I still had 30 health, and he had a hand full of cards (and had thrown several away from drawing too many).

Fool!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 23:30 
Sleepyhead

Hah!

Just used 'Bane of Doom' to end a game. It deals 2 damage and summons a demon if it gets a kill.

It summoned me a 6/6 Infernal thingy after the game had ended :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 23:31 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:

Eh? Is there anything official anywhere about this?

If it was some random kind of 'the game goes weird and freaky sometimes' deal then fair enough, but on the handful of occasions it's happened it's always been in the same circumstances.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 23:32 
ugvm'er at heart...

Hearthly wrote:
Trooper wrote:

If it was some random kind of 'the game goes weird and freaky sometimes' deal then fair enough, but on the handful of occasions it's happened it's always been in the same circumstances.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/for ... 3019852228

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 23:42 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
Hearthly wrote:
Trooper wrote:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/for ... 3019852228

>:(

Motherfuckers!

(Cheers for the link :))

EDIT - And I'm not buying that it's a random bug either, this shit happens when you've got lethal coming up and never any other time in my experience.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 0:00 
Legendary Boogeyman

It's an exploitable bug, rather than a hack. It's a shittycunt thing to do, to be sure. Cheerfully it's only happened once or twice for me, and ironically priest is one of the few classes with a targetable hero ability that you don't have to cast to clear it.

So basically as long as you can do anything that creates your own target arrow, that'll clear it. If you can't, you either need to use your hero power (which I think works), or you're just fucked.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 0:07 
Hello Hello Hello

It's an exploitable bug, rather than a hack. It's a shittycunt thing to do, to be sure. Cheerfully it's only happened once or twice for me, and ironically priest is one of the few classes with a targetable hero ability that you don't have to cast to clear it.

So basically as long as you can do anything that creates your own target arrow, that'll clear it. If you can't, you either need to use your hero power (which I think works), or you're just fucked.

Cheers for the confirmation EBJ, I knew I wasn't imagining it but at the same time you do have to wonder if you're going a bit tinfoil hatty...... 8)

So what the hell do they do then? Obviously their client has to have a connection to your client to pass information, but surely all via Blizzard's servers so there's no possibility for one client to fuck with another client? (So the fuckery happens somewhere inbetween?)

I just wish I'd known how to clear it at the time, because it had been a seriously tough game for me to get myself into the position I was at :(

I had minions on the board so obviously I could have generated an arrow that way (but there was nothing I wanted to do with my minions on the board so I guess I didn't try that), I must have done something by accident that triggered the Hellfire.

I know Blizzard are never exactly forthcoming with stuff like this but is there any information about how this gets exploited? I guess it's something as daft as they manage to hit the end turn button at the same time as maintaining the targeting arrow or something, Blizzard are definitely lying when they say it's just a 'bug' though - because it's invokable.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 0:29 
Hello Hello Hello

Decent explanation on Reddit.

Come on Blizzard, it's a fucking card game dudes.

Attachment:
reddit.JPG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 0:33 
Hello Hello Hello

Fuck me!

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/com ... teresting/

Attachment:
TR9p5Jx.png

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:42 
Legendary Boogeyman

The explanation of what they did was really confusing, but if I'm reading it right, you play a minion with battlecry, but instead of targeting the battlecry you wait until the turn ends.

The bug makes the minion seem like it's still on the board, but the opponent can't see it, and you can't use it? Not quite sure how the 'storing beyond 10 mana' bug works with that.

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 72  Next