Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 8701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 175  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 16:55 
Excellent Member

Also: nice to have you back dude.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 16:55 

Regarding the magnet links - do they work with uTorrent?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 17:00 
Isn't that lovely?

yes

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 17:01 

Coolio! Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 17:05 
Unpossible!

Malc wrote:
yes

Malc

More than doubled your typing for that signature, you fool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 17:06 
Unpossible!

Do you think the devs at utorrent get annoyed that no one uses the proper name?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 17:10 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Should have picked a first letter that's valid in a domain name, if they do.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 17:12 
Isn't that lovely?

DavPaz wrote:
Do you think the devs at utorrent get annoyed that no one uses the proper name?

I can't see that, as it's very hard to get a micro (µ) symbol from a regular keyboard without knowing the ascii code for it.

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 17:13 
Isn't that lovely?

DavPaz wrote:
Malc wrote:
yes

Malc

More than doubled your typing for that signature, you fool

I don't really count my name when I type, it's just something I type at the end of messages, If I have to stop myself at work when writing call notes, or bug reports!

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 17:35 
Unpossible!

:hug:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 17:44 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

WTB wrote:

Yes they do, but if you like to pick and choose the files that you download from within the torrent then you can't do that with magnets (or, if you can, I don't know how).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 17:58 

Oh, that changes things!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 18:02 
Awesome
Yes

Grim... wrote:
WTB wrote:

Yes they do, but if you like to pick and choose the files that you download from within the torrent then you can't do that with magnets (or, if you can, I don't know how).

Click magnet link. Torrent loads up. Set priority to Do Not Download for unrequired files (final step may vary by client)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 18:17 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Huh, I've just given it a try and it's working fine now. It wouldn't do it earlier. Maybe it just went a bit screwy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 19:29 
Excellent Member

It can only offer you a choice of the files inside a torrent after it's downloaded the metadata (i.e. what would be inside the .torrent file had you actually used that) and it doesn't always do that instantly so sometimes you can't see inside the torrent straight away but if you check it a few minutes later it's fine. I'm not actually sure what allows/triggers the metadata download; maybe only after it's managed to get a response from a single peer or something?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 20:11 
Decapodian

gospvg wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
gospvg wrote:
That's a relief, I worry when watching a new show for fear of it being killed off early.

I didn't too too badly for new shows last year - a couple got dropped but nothing too upsetting. Some years, nearly everything new I liked got canned.

I tend to now avoid all new shows until I have confirmation they have been renewed for Season 2. Thankfully what helps now is that I don't torrent or usenet anything. It is all Netflix or Lovefilm so that gives me plenty of time to wait.

I don't have the willpower to wait that long. I spot S01E01 in the place I get my TV shows from and if it sounds interesting I'll bite.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 14:37 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

I missed this last week but the people who were responsible for blocking some of these sites got things wrong and sent out the details to block a number of legitimate sites as well (like Radiotimes.com)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23699681

Quote:
Radio Times caught up in Premier League's piracy fight

Internet users have been prevented from accessing the Radio Times and hundreds of other websites as a result of the Premier League's battle with an unrelated copyright infringing site.

The accident occurred because the sites share an internet protocol address with First Row Sports, which offers unauthorised streams of football games.

Internet providers had been ordered to block the IP address.

The Premier League only became aware of the issue when the BBC contacted it.

The problem only occurred if users typed in "radiotimes.com" rather than the full "www.radiotimes.com" address, or likewise dropped the "www" ahead of the other sites affected.

The editor of the Radio Times expressed anger at the news.

"It's outrageous that our website has been suddenly switched off and our users wrongly informed that it's to protect against copyright infringement," said Ben Preston.

"The Premier League seems to be behaving like the worst sort of blundering striker who's forgotten the first rule of football - check you're at the right end before you shoot."

The football body said it was "urgently" looking into the matter and stressed that it had not meant to block other sites.

The High Court has ordered ISPs to prevent access to a growing number of sites including The Pirate Bay, EZTV, Fenopy, and Newzbin2 after rights-holders complained of copyright infringement.

Last month the Premier League added First Row Sports to that list - a Swedish-based site offering video streams to football games from around the world.

The way the system works is that the rights-holders are responsible for identifying which IP addresses are being used and then sending the details to the ISPs.

The court specifically said that ISPs are "wholly reliant" on the rights-holders "accurately identifying" which IPs should be blocked and had "no obligation" to check them themselves.

In addition to Radio Times, several football clubs - including Blackburn Rovers, Reading and Brentford - as well as the Notes from Nature science project and Galaxy Zoo space education site have been affected.

Virgin Media confirmed its subscribers had flagged the issue last week - following discussion about it on the Thinkbroadband forums - and added it had taken action to rectify the problem.

"As a responsible ISP we obey court orders when addressed to the company," said a spokesman.

"However, we do not believe the instruction to block this particular IP address meets the criteria of the court order against First Row Sports so we have stopped blocking it and are writing to the Premier League."

Virgin acknowledged this meant that in some cases users might be able to access First Row Sports again.

BT added it was taking similar action.

"Under the terms of the court order to block First Row Sports, it is the Premier League's responsibility to provide BT with IP addresses to block that relate only to First Row Sports," a spokesman said.

"The Premier League is currently looking into whether the IP addresses provided to BT included any IP addresses that related to radiotimes.com. BT has suspended blocking of the IP addresses in question in the meantime".
Blackburn Rovers website Visitors who did not type in Blackburn Rovers' full web address have also been affected

Telefonica - which has sold the Be Unlimited network to Sky, but continues to run the operation - said it had also unblocked the IP address, but planned to use another way to prevent subscribers accessing The First Row site.

"We anticipate that this will be actioned shortly," added a spokesman.

BSkyB added that it had already unblocked the IP address for subscribers to its Sky Broadband network and had discussed the issue with the Premier League.

TalkTalk said it was not aware of the problem.

The Premier League said it had never intended legitimate sites to be affected. But it also expressed concern at the idea that the ISPs were taking unilateral action.

"The court order that requires internet service providers to block this website clearly states that any issues they have in implementing the block must be raised with the Premier League before taking any further action," said a spokesman.

"This is the first we have heard of this issue and are looking into it as a matter of urgency.

"The fact remains that the High Court has ordered an injunction requiring ISPs to block First Row Sports and we will continue to implement it and expect the ISPs to respect the ruling."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 14:39 
UltraMod

Merely but a taste of things to come, sadly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 19:46 
baron of techno

Under The Dome - anyone watching that?

it's a Stephen King 'em up and the usual formula is in place, but the first episode has grabbed me. Features Hank!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 19:50 
ugvm'er at heart...

kalmar wrote:
Under The Dome - anyone watching that?

it's a Stephen King 'em up and the usual formula is in place, but the first episode has grabbed me. Features Hank!

Watched the first one, haven't watched any since.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 19:56 
Bad Girl

It's on telly tonight, isn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 20:41 
Isn't that lovely?

Saturnalian wrote:
It's on telly tonight, isn't it?

Just checked, episode 2 is on 5HD at 22:00 and it looks like episode 1 is on 5usa at 21:00

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 13:45 

I spent some time over the weekend looking at the shows I watch & trying to find out how to watch them now that I am not downloading them.

Mentalist - Channel 5 - November 2013 new season

Hell on Wheels - ITV 4 are currently showing season 1 have rights for all three seasons. No date yet poss 2014 for Season 3

Justified - possible March 2014 for season 5 on 5USA

Breaking Bad - last season on Netflix

Sons of Anarchy - 5USA Jan/Feb 2014

Big Bang Theory - E4 - November 2013 Season 7 start.

Revolution - Sky will have to wait for Netflix/Lovefilm

Game of Thrones - Sky so will have to get from Lovefilm

The Walking Dead - Channel 5 currently showing season 3 so expect season 4 in 2014. Maybe possible Netflix/Lovefilm

Person of Interest - Channel 5 expect in 2014

Rectify - Not picked up for UK yet season two renewed not sure how I am going to watch this?

Under the Dome - Channel 5 - Currently airing.

Doctor Who - 23 November 2013

Sherlock - Winter 2013

Any other TV shows that I should add to the list?

Marvel Shield - Will add this to the list, I think Channel4 have won the rights now.
Arrow - Is this any good?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 13:53 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Surprised by how good Orange Is The New Black is. It's a Netflix series about a middle class woman who goes to prison. Very entertaining with an excellent performance from Captain Janeway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 17:36 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

gospvg wrote:
Arrow - Is this any good?

Its a fairly standard 'hero' type show with the villain of the week and a little of the backstory revealed and then a big finish to the season , I enjoyed it but its nothing special

Other simple ones which I'm watching just now

Perception - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perception ... _series%29 - College professor has schizophrenia and 'sees' people and things which are not there , however he still helps the FBI solve unusual cases - its a 'case of the week' type thing but quite well done and some of the puzzles at times can be interesting, although it often can be slow at times

Unforgettable - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unforgetta ... _series%29 - US Cop has an Eidetic memory and uses it to help spot and remember small clues - I enjoyed the first season and it was cancelled but then got a reprieve , the new season has a lot fewer cast but still can throw in some interesting episodes

Both are near the end of their second season so you can see if either interest you.

We also cant be far from the new season of Elementary which started slow but picked up near the end of the first season (US take on Sherlock Holmes with Johny Lee Miller) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elementary_%28TV_series%29

Actually 26th of September for the new season so around 2 weeks off -and that prompted me to check on Castle which also starts near the end of September (23rd)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 19:43 

New Boardwalk Empire next week.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 22:14 
chewbacca -future arc welder

Cras wrote:
Surprised by how good Orange Is The New Black is. It's a Netflix series about a middle class woman who goes to prison. Very entertaining with an excellent performance from Captain Janeway.

:this: im watching with mrs.W and we think its lots better than weeds.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:17 
Excellent Member

For those of you that can't wait the first episode of S3 of Homeland has been leaked.

Its ok quality wise but they haven't done the green screen effects so some things are well green!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:41 

That's me watched the entirety of Legit (no the shitey Scottish one), nearly laughed myself inside out. Rodney is probably my favourite happy wee bastard ever :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 20:39 
Time Out for Fun

Wullie wrote:
That's me watched the entirety of Legit (no the shitey Scottish one), nearly laughed myself inside out. Rodney is probably my favourite happy wee bastard ever :)

I loved that episode where they go to the baseball game.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:13 
Awesome
Yes

We blitzed through the American remake of House of Cards on Netflix last week.

Absolutely brilliant stuff, really gripping. Can see why MaliA kept praising it on here.

I then queued up the British version, and I'm sad to say it wasn't as good in comparison, which I was a little saddened by.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:48 
Excellent Member

Yeah, House of Cards US was pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 15:04 

Runcle wrote:
Wullie wrote:
I loved that episode where they go to the baseball game.
Billy was a massive cunt in that one :DD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 15:42 
Gogmagog

New series of Gray's Anatomy starts 26th sept in the US kissyfur will be pleased to know.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 15:53 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Virgin have blocked a load of torrent sights..... the buggers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 15:54 
Awesome
Yes

KovacsC wrote:

Google > '[nameoftorrentsite] proxy' > Search

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 16:02 
Time Out for Fun

Virgin have even blocked the proxy I was using for EZTV, this one works though.

http://unblocksit.es/unblock/eztv.it/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 16:09 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Mr Russell wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 18:15 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mr Russell wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Or install one of the many browser extensions that do it for you automatically.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 22:56 
One program that I've been watching a fair bit on discovery here is river monsters.

I find it really interesting, this fisherman guy goes to remote places after getting leads on strange fish in the water, like killer fish and that. Really interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 23:17 
Gogmagog

I love river monsters.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 23:19 
It's bloody brilliant isn't it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 23:59 
INFINITE POWAH

Mr Russell wrote:

Absolutely brilliant stuff, really gripping. Can see why MaliA kept praising it on here.

I then queued up the British version, and I'm sad to say it wasn't as good in comparison, which I was a little saddened by.

There was a British version?!

I knew we did State of Play and the Yanks ballsed it up, but House of Cards...Man, I can't imagine that as anything other than Spacey and Princess Buttercup...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:08 
Awesome
Yes

Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

There was a British version?!

I knew we did State of Play and the Yanks ballsed it up, but House of Cards...Man, I can't imagine that as anything other than Spacey and Princess Buttercup...

Yes with Ian Richardson.

His asides to camera are far more Britishly scathing, but after the depth and pace of the US version, it didn't stand up, and we gave up before episode 1 was finished. Might try again when the US one isn't so fresh in my head.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:28 
Sleepyhead

Heh. Suits is cool.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:23 
Best
Board Mother

Curiosity wrote:
Heh. Suits is cool.

Joans and I are just watching this to bring him up to speed before season two. I'm enjoying it even the second time around.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:26 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Suits is brilliant. Harvey is awesome.

Post subject: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:33 

Harvey is brilliant. He always looks a bit Ill to me, though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:40 
ugvm'er at heart...

Mimi wrote:
Harvey is brilliant. He always looks a bit Ill to me, though.

Yeah boy, Wid dose suits he luks like totally sick man. Respec

(throws sign) brap brap

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:14 
Best
Board Mother

Grim... wrote:
Suits is brilliant. Harvey is awesome.

:this:

Reply to topic  [ 8701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 175  Next