Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: In The Flesh
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 15:24 

I've not seen any mention of this anywhere here, which has surprised me somewhat since I know some of you were into Being Human.

Basically 'In The Flesh' is a 3-part TV series which has just finished on BBC Three (last episode was on Sunday), but I'm reasonably sure all 3 episodes are still available on iPlayer until this Sunday.

The premise is fairly simple: Britain has recently survived a zombie outbreak after scientists have found an effective cure for zombification. Zombies have been rounded up and captured, then had chemicals injected into their brains that both sate their need to consume human flesh and restore all the cognitive function of that brain - effectively restoring that zombie to the person they were before, albeit now undead.

'Cured' zombies are referred to as 'Partially Deceased Syndrome' sufferers and are being slowly rehabilitated into society.

In particular, the show focuses on 18-year-old Keiren Walker, a zombie who has been cured and returned to his parents, who sadly live in a small rural town which is also a stronghold of the Human Volunteer Force - a volunteer group of anti-zombie fighters. Naturally, the locals aren't too trusting of PDS sufferers.

Anyway, if you haven't seen it, I strongly urge you all to check it out whilst you still can. It's basically 3 of the best hours of telly I've seen in a very, very long time.

Obligatory :zombie: dimlie.

Post subject: Re: In The Flesh
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 15:29 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I watched the first half hour or so of the first episode of this and thought it looked interesting but I had a problem with the fact that the zombies were "too human". Basically just kids with makeup.

But maybe I wrote it off too early? I might take another look if I get the chance.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 15:45 

TheVision wrote:
I watched the first half hour or so of the first episode of this and thought it looked interesting but I had a problem with the fact that the zombies were "too human". Basically just kids with makeup.

But maybe I wrote it off too early? I might take another look if I get the chance.

It's good, well worth watching.

The 'cured' zombies are meant to look that way as they're taught in the rehab centres how to apply make-up and so on to look more human and blend in easier.

To be honest though, the zombies are barely the point - there's a lot in there about discrimination, mental illness and dealing with bereavement. A scene towards the end of the first episode and the actual finale were incredibly touching, I thought.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 16:45 
Decapodian

We watched the first part and then kind of forgot about it. I've got it recorded, but didn't feel all that motivated to carry on.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 16:51 
ugvm'er at heart...

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
We watched the first part and then kind of forgot about it. I've got it recorded, but didn't feel all that motivated to carry on.

:this: found it a little boring

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]