Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: iMac drive replacement program
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 0:00 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Not sure if its worth its own thread but i've seen nothing about it until someone gave me the link earlier and I've found out that mines is on the list so I need to back everything up and take it (heavy f*cking thing) to a genius bar where I assume they will simply swap the drive out

#lsrc.twt_macworld">http://www.macworld.com/article/2012134 ... t_macworld

Quote:
Apple quietly extends 1TB iMac Seagate replacement program

Apple has quietly extended its iMac 1TB Seagate Hard Drive Replacement Program through April 12, 2013. Last year, Apple acknowledged that certain Seagate drives in 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMacs could fail, for 1TB models sold between May 2011 and July 2011.

Now, however, Apple is broadening the window of affected iMacs: Any 1TB iMacs sold between October 2009 and July 2011 could be affected, the company says. The Replacement Program was due to conclude back in July of this year, but Apple has now extended the eligibility window for customers to obtain their free replacements until April 2013.

You can paste your iMac’s serial number into a form on Apple’s website to confirm whether your Mac is subject to the recall. Apple says it will perform the drive replacement free of charge for affected customers, and urges customers to take advantage of the offer “as soon as possible.” Of course, you’ll want to ensure your iMac’s data is backed up first, since the fix involves replacing your existing hard drive.

If you already replaced your drive before learning it was eligible for Apple’s Replacement Program, the company says you should contact Apple for a refund.

This is the link where you enter your serial number : http://www.apple.com/support/imac-harddrive/ and you find the number by apple / about this mac / more info

Post subject: Re: iMac drive replacement program
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:06 
ugvm'er at heart...

Carry my iMac into the shopping centre? Fuck that.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]