Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Courier Rage
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:20 
Legendary Boogeyman

I've bought something on ebay (see bargains thread) for £16, however the seller has told me their courier will cost £25 to send it to me. Since this sounded like bollocks to me, I told them I'd try to organise a courier myself, and indeed I can for about £7.99+VAT.

Major problem is that they've told me they work in London and commute every day, so any parcel pickup would have to be after 8pm on a weekday. Is there any fucking courier in the world that does this? I'm worried they're giving me impossible criteria to fulfill in order to justify the stupid charge.

So, courier RMD please, ones that either pick up late, or pickup on a saturday and don't cost 25-fucking-quid. Ta.

Post subject: Re: Courier RMD
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:13 

No idea, just want to point out this is what you get for bidding on ebay auctions that don't specify postage :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:27 

£8+VAT, that leaves you about £15 before you're "over budget".

Get one of the helpful BeEx Londoners to pick up the package for you in exchange for a crisp tenner, and they can accept collection from your courier at a more convenient time ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:34 
Legendary Boogeyman

ha, I'll hold that option in reserve gaz ;)

The cheapest and most probable I've found so far is good ol' royal mail. Standard parcels will cost me about £14.20, if I can just make them go to the post office. In the worst case scenario I'll direct them to post it on Saturday. I'd rather wait a week than spend a tenner unnecessarily, it makes it much less of a deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:14 
Legendary Boogeyman

Well I'm still being dicked about by this useless seller. After letting this drag for a couple of days he's replied to say he will do royal mail, and has sent me an ebay invoice, however it's for £14 and not the £12.24 sending the package will cost. He mumbled something about 'having to go to the post office'.

I can't fucking stand sellers who try to charge you for the effort of POSTING the item you've bought. If I could find them, I'd cave in their heads. If you're not willing to POST something without extra compensation then for fucks sake don't list the damn item. Isn't this against eBay's policy anyway?

If he insists on this 'having to post it' charge, I'll tell him to get fucked and leave negative feedback; this has taken too long to sort out already.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:21 
Part physicist, part WARLORD

He could at least have said the extra couple of quid was for the packing part of P&P. Man, people just don't think their scams through these days.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:31 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
I can't fucking stand sellers who try to charge you for the effort of POSTING the item you've bought. If I could find them, I'd cave in their heads. If you're not willing to POST something without extra compensation then for fucks sake don't list the damn item. Isn't this against eBay's policy anyway?

Do you not value your time, then?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:52 
Legendary Boogeyman

Sure, but if you buy something off me I'll be extremely generous and go to the post office for FREE.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:03 

And if you do it for your livelihood? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:06 

GazChap wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:

Do you not value your time, then?

Yes, but that's part of the item cost, not postage. Your profit is your payment.

If you bid on ebay and they added £20 randomly because the post office is a little out of the way you'd think that was fine?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:18 

No, I wouldn't, as £20 would clearly be unreasonable.

But he's not added £20 randomly, he's added £1.76 on top of the £12.24 that ComicalGnomes has found that the package will cost to send. £1.76 is not an unreasonable charge for the time taken to go to the post office and the packaging materials.

The item cost is just that, the item cost. What if you wanted to come and pick it up in person? If the "time to go to the post office" was included in the item cost and not postage, then you'd be paying over the odds for a local pickup.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:22 
Legendary Boogeyman

I don't charge anything for p&p materials, as any box I use is invariably second hand anyway, and has cost me NOTHING. As for the brown tape to pack it up, the cost is so minimal I wouldn't bother to charge for it. Since I'd like to sell the item and get decent feedback, I'd take it to the post office for FREEEEEE.

I've had this issue with people in the past, where I've been charged £5 postage only to have it turn up in a second-hand jiffy bag with postage that cost 96p. If this seller wants his item sold he'll just have to get off his arse and go to the post office, or face negative feedback. Hurrah for buyer bias.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:28 

Increasing an agreed price in unreasonable.

So you'd pay extra in GAME if they had to go out the back to get something?

Post subject: Re: Courier Rage
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:06 
Legendary Boogeyman

ARARARAGHGHAGA *explode*

Yesterday, a fucking 'DHL@Home' (which basically means, self-employed non-employee of DHL, who delivers shit on their behalf) left me a 'You were out' slip yesterday, which said 'I am required to obtain a signature for your parcel', and also left a mobile number with a scrawl saying 'CALL TUESDAY'.

I picked this slip up at 4pm yesterday and immediately rang the number. Turned off. Rang it several times that night, still turned off. Rang it a couple of times this morning - turned off. Finally managed to get through to the dumb bitch about 20 minutes ago, who told me she'd already tried to redeliver it today and has now left it with a neighbour two doors down.

When I said 'I don't know who lives two doors down', she said 'No problem', and then hung up.

DHL are the worst fucking company in the fucking world. Despite having a delivery box with a unique pincode on the inside AND INSTRUCTIONS telling them to take the unique number as proof of delivery, DHL never manage to use it, and always leave a fucking card, because they insist they need a signature.

Is this for a security reason? If so, WHATS THE FUCKING POINT IN LEAVING IT WITH MY CUNTING NEIGHBOUR? For all they know my neighbour hates me, is a scally cunt, or an outright theif who could very easily claim no knowledge of my parcel when I go to try and pick it up later. And I bet my fucking life if I were to ring DHL and complain they'd just say 'but we obtained a signature for it' and attempt to wash their hands of the problem.

You can't call DHL directly either, of course, because they're cunts, so instead I've emailed the 'Ever thought about becoming a DHL@Home Courier? email address on the fucking delivery card.

Fucking fuckity fuck. Fucking dumb cunt bitch arse fuckers shit cock twat.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:10 
UltraMod

So I take it you're mildly irked by this turn of events?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:14 
Legendary Boogeyman

Minimally peturbed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:24 

Dudley wrote:
Increasing an agreed price in unreasonable.

There hasn't been an agreed price. On the original eBay listing, it goes to great pains to say that it's for local pickup only (no postage) but that, and I quote, "COURIER DELIVERY CAN BE ARRANGED, AT AGREED COST".

The seller wanted to charge £25 for courier delivery. Whether you think that's reasonable or not is irrelevant, Comical has tried to arrange his own courier to collect and deliver. Comical hasn't agreed to pay this £25, so that's not an agreed cost. The seller has now offered to send it for £14 via Royal Mail. Comical has found that it would cost £12.24 to send, but this is irrelevant as the seller has offered it for £14 not £12.24.

Whether you think he's in the right or wrong for doing this is irrelevant, it clearly says in the eBay listing that you pay for postage separately.

If Comical doesn't want the seller to post it to him for £14, he can try and knock him down to the £12.24, collect it in person, or continue trying to find a cheaper method of getting his hands on it.

Personally, for the sake of £1.76 I'd go with the £14 and keep my 100% feedback record.

Oh, and to quote Comical earlier in the thread:

Quote:

If you're (as in, eBayers in general) not willing to pay extra for postage when the listing CLEARLY says that you will be expected to, then for fucks sake don't bid ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:07 
Sitting balls-back folder

No, he's clearly said he's willing to pay for postage, just not postage and some random other money on top of that. I'd be happy to pay for packaging on top of the postage, mind - but £1.76 is a lot of packaging. And the seller's declared it's a charge for "dragging self down to the post office" anyway, which should really be dealt with in the reserve if you're that bothered by it.

I hate eBay, have never used it, and will never use it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:13 

If it costs £12.24 to send, it weighs between 8 and 10kg. And if the picture's correct on the eBay listing there are multiple items that need to be packaged.

Meh, I dunno. £1.76 for packaging and time taken to package it and post it is more than acceptable in my eyes, guess I'm just a weirdo :p

You pay for postage and packaging when you buy from pretty much any mail order company, eBay or not. At least the eBay guy's being honest about what the money is for ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 14:23 

If I'm compensating them for their time, they need to compensate me for "my" time. I.e - the time required to find their auction, bid, pay and find that courier.

I think £1.76 would be fair.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 17:31 
Chinny chin chin

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Well I'm still being dicked about by this useless seller. After letting this drag for a couple of days he's replied to say he will do royal mail, and has sent me an ebay invoice, however it's for £14 and not the £12.24 sending the package will cost. He mumbled something about 'having to go to the post office'.

I've worked it out. You aren't really Comical Games, you are in fact the split personality of (Linda Barker - Ed). When the new forum started the original (Linda Barker - Ed) was so furious that his body shattered into 12 pieces and split across time and space. One part became Hitler, another Ghengis Kahn while another part found it's way to our forum...........

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 17:46 
Legendary Boogeyman

Meanwhile this whingy cunt is now saying:

Quote:
You are only paying £12.24 for the postage, not allowing for our packaging costs, or the drive to the post office, which as we listed we was not originally prepared to do. We have spent a lot of time on this item at a time we are moving house. I have rounded the overall cost of this item up to £30.00, which i think is fair.

Cry me a fucking river about you and your house move. Unless he's sending me the item in brand new fucking boxes he can fuck right off. Fuck fuck, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 17:56 
Chinny chin chin

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Meanwhile this whingy cunt is now saying:

Quote:
You are only paying £12.24 for the postage, not allowing for our packaging costs, or the drive to the post office, which as we listed we was not originally prepared to do. We have spent a lot of time on this item at a time we are moving house. I have rounded the overall cost of this item up to £30.00, which i think is fair.

Cry me a fucking river about you and your house move. Unless he's sending me the item in brand new fucking boxes he can fuck right off. Fuck fuck, etc.

Can't you just fuck him over via Ebay? I thought everything was now skewed against the seller?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 17:58 
Legendary Boogeyman

I can leave him a negative and he can't reciprocate, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 18:11 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

You can.
What is it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 18:14 

ComicalGnomes wrote:

I always post stuff in brand new boxes because I don't keep old boxes around the house. This, coupled with petrol costs to drive to the post office (which, as he said in his e-mail AND his auction listing, he wasn't originally prepared to do) and I see £1.76 as being more than reasonable.

I can see your point here dude, but I do think you're being a bit arsey for the sake of £1.76.

In all honesty, if you were to leave him a negative and he complained to eBay I honestly think they would side with him in this instance, you're being unnecessarily difficult.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 18:22 
Legendary Boogeyman

I always start digging my heels in when people start talking about their 'valuable time going to the post office'. Had he just quoted £14 postage I'd have been ok with it, but as it is I've had to spend my 'valuable' time researching and sending him the post office price.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 19:02 
Excellent Member

Hmmm. I've ordered plenty of things online, as I'm sure we all have, and I don't think I've ever been asked to shell out extra specifically for somebody's "time and effort". If I were to sell all my stuff on eBay, and stuck an extra couple of quid on the postage each time because I couldn't be bothered to go to the post office, I would soon be making a tidy profit.

This seems like the height of arrogance to me. It's the post office, not the bloody Moon!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 19:11 
Legendary Boogeyman

Also, I checked, based on his postcode, to see how far his nearest post office was. 0.5 miles.

So his arguments about time and petrol can fuck right off. Negative feedback left. Hey-ho.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 19:18 
Gogmagog

LOL EBay.

Frankly.

It's almost as bad as facebook.

I still don;t see why people get so het up about it. It's easy enough for me DON'T PAY AND DON'T BUY.

End of.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 19:21 
Excellent Member

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Also, I checked, based on his postcode, to see how far his nearest post office was. 0.5 miles.

So his arguments about time and petrol can fuck right off. Negative feedback left. Hey-ho.

Maybe he's got no legs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 19:23 
Legendary Boogeyman

Give it time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 19:24 

So he's charging you £5 for having to spend 5 of his surfing minutes replying to messages from you. Surely eBay has post-auction extortion rules? It has shitty, lop-sided rules for everything else...

MaliA: I knew from when the original ebay.com (ie US only) launched it would be pit of despair and anger, so I've stayed away. It still manages to make me angry and table-headbutty by proxy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 19:30 

Where are you getting £5 from, Bik?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 19:57 
making out to faces of death

People's sense of entitlement never ceases to amaze me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 20:35 

GazChap wrote:
Where are you getting £5 from, Bik?
Er, a misreading, now I look more carefully.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 21:19 
Excellent Member

And assuming you're not paying, he'll file a non-paying bidder notice and get his fees refunded.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:33 
UltraMod

Royal Mail are fucking useless. I get a card popped through the post on Friday telling me that they tried to deliver a signed-for package and that it had been taken to the Bulwell delivery office.

I trundle down there on Saturday morning for them to tell me that it's still at the Beeston sorting office (the other side of Nottingham). I ask if I can go and get it and they tell me that I have to wait until it's been redelivered to Bulwell.

So, I ask them to deliver it to my local Post Office (on the main road near my house, about a two minute walk) as the delivery office is only open until 2pm. I confirm the Post Office address, he duly obliges and tells me it'll be ready to pick up on Tuesday.

I get home from work yesterday to find another red card on my doormat. They'd tried to redeliver it to my house! As the sorting office closes at 2pm I wasn't able to ring them until this morning. I've asked them to send it to my local PO again - he says it'll be there Friday.

Shall we see if I get my parcel on Friday? Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:38 

I'd keep your eye out because they only keep recorded items for 7 days before returning to sender, and they seem incompetent.

Royal Mail are rubbish.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:39 
Lurker

DHL have managed not only to deliver two packages at the time requested (well, "as early in the morning as possible" was requested, so 9.30am isn't too shabby), but the woman delivering them was also quite cute. DHL = best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:40 
INFINITE POWAH

As with British Rail, they were better when they were a proper nationalised industry, and the whole stupid system hadn't been opened up to competition.

Stupid Tories. Stupid Labour. Bah.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:41 
Not to be confused with elbow

We are probably going to start using a new courier as all ours are shit now. Pink Pig Couriers! I also embroidered them a flying piggy ^.^

I hated it when I was sending the stuff I'd made to ebayers and Royal Mail never delivered any-duuuh

EDIT: I also pray the courier (or however the hated thing is coming) doesn't deliver the eight-legged-evil to Gaz tomorrow, pleeeeeease

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:45 
Honey Boo Boo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:47 
That Rev Chap

I really need a poo, but DHL are coming to pick up an important document and I'm alone in the office today, so I can't go in case they turn up while I'm on the toilet.

I am getting very uncomfortable.

And they probably won't be here until, like, four o'clock or something.

Help!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:49 
Honey Boo Boo

Shit in the bin, and give them that to take as well if they're late.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:58 
That Rev Chap

I'm gonna have to soon! Also, I need some food.

Yesterday's pick up, when the office was full, was before 9:30am.

Fuckers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:00 
UltraMod

I bet your bum was empty, as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 20:09 
Engorged Member

The Rev Owen wrote:
I'm gonna have to soon! Also, I need some food.

Yesterday's pick up, when the office was full, was before 9:30am.

Fuckers.

Shit in a jiffy bag, then freeze it and send it to DHL with the following disclaimer:
This turd was frozen on despatch. The Rev Owen Ltd accepts no responsibility for the frozen (or otherwise) nature of this turd upon receipt.
If you have received this turd in error, please return to,
DHL Express UK Limited
178-188 Great South West Road
Orbital Park
Hounslow
Middlesex TW4 6JS

Xbox 360 60Gb
Acer 5920G - Core2Duo T7300. Geforce 8600M. 4Gb RAM
Apple iPhone 3GS
Worcester Bosch 240RSF
Hotpoint WF541 (Graphite)
Beko ZA630 (Graphite)
Centurion CLN-155S
Sharp R209

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 20:21 
Legendary Boogeyman

It occurs to me now this thread has popped up again that I never completed my story. I left the original seller horifically negative feedback, and the stupid shit left me positive feedback thanking me for fast payment. Obviously he made a second chance offer and then left feedback for me by mistake. Ha-fucking-ha! :DD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 20:26 
What-ho, chaps!

Never bid on anything unless the postage is agreed first. EVER.

Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next