Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unexplained Pasta Deaths
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 23:27 

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
WTB wrote:
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.... Everyone else, this is embarrassing.

Careful you don't hurt yourself climbing off the incredibly high horse you rode in on.

I thought ahead - you can cushion my fall.

Besides, a Shetland Pony would do looking at this mess.

Post subject: Re: Wino dead
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 23:29 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Decca wrote:
I can't stand people white knighting their own drug of choice, everything comes with a risk and side effects and you accept that but if you brush it under the carpet then younger people (you may find that a lot of 18 year olds today don't know who Leah Betts is) go into it blind.

I don't think AE's doing that, is he? Everything he's said reads more like an attempt at understanding the facts rather than promoting the use of E.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 23:33 
Excellent Member

That wasn't really aimed at him directly, the tone of the thread probably made it look like it was though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 23:37 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Fair enough. I'm sure you can understand that at this point I'm keen to avoid more confusion around 'he-said, she-said' :p

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 23:38 
Unpossible!

Oh, Johnny. It wasn't the same without you.

The best bit (aside from the personal abuse, natch) was when JC dogtoffee managed to get some PC pics in, right in the middle of a heated exchange. For that, he gets my vote as Hero Of The Thread

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 23:41 

Anyway, someone had to get on their high horse. Or were we planning to keep this going forever? This genuinely needs locking. If there are still things that need to be sorted out - grudges and arguments - start a new thread and keep it civil or something. I bet we're giving the 'silent observers*' a right good show. Pack it in!

*Those who watch from afar, delighting in our self-destruction.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 23:45 
Chinny chin chin

DavPaz wrote:
Oh, Johnny. It wasn't the same without you.

The best bit (aside from the personal abuse, natch) was when JC dogtoffee managed to get some PC pics in, right in the middle of a heated exchange. For that, he gets my vote as Hero Of The Thread

I forgot to post pictures of my epic new graphics card as well. Still here we go:

New and old card together.

Attachment:
quad.jpg

New card installed:

Attachment:
quad2.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 23:46 
INFINITE POWAH

"Your all gay"TM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 23:48 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

WTB wrote:
Anyway, someone had to get on their high horse. Or were we planning to keep this going forever? This genuinely needs locking. If there are still things that need to be sorted out - grudges and arguments - start a new thread and keep it civil or something. I bet we're giving the 'silent observers*' a right good show. Pack it in!

*Those who watch from afar, delighting in our self-destruction.

It calmed down ages ago, silly!

Also, you and your new thread obsession.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 23:49 
Hello Hello Hello

Decca wrote:
but so will drinking lots of alcohol while on E because of the combination of the two's magical spine and brain liquid draining properties. Clearly this was more of a problem in 89 when the shit was (ebenezer) good rather than the weak crap you get now.

'Spine and brain liquid draining properties'? Is this an episode of Brasseye?

I'm not being deliberately arsey here Decca because:

a) This thread has had quite enough of that already

and

b) You're clearly coming from the 'right place' as it were

But at the same time this is sensationalist nonsense that would be better off in the Daily Mail, along with the big fake pictures of people with 'holes in their brains'. THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON E!

Generally speaking I'd say most folks are better off without drugs most of time, but in the general scheme of things, MDMA is pretty low down on the harm scale IMO, and I'm not the only one who thinks so - http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/ ... -new-study

Quote:
There is no evidence that ecstasy causes brain damage, according to one of the largest studies into the effects of the drug. Too many previous studies made over-arching conclusions from insufficient data, say the scientists responsible for the research, and the drug's dangers have been greatly exaggerated.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/ ... -drug-list

Oooh blimey, ecstasy only made Number 18. Tobacco and alcohol managed far better though.

Quote:
1. Heroin

Class A drug. Originally used as a painkiller and derived from the opium poppy. There were 897 deaths recorded from heroin and morphine use in 2008 in England and Wales, according to the Office of National Statistics (ONS). There were around 13,000 seizures, amounting to 1.6m tonnes of heroin.

2. Cocaine

Class A. Stimulant produced from the South American coca leaf. Accounted for 235 deaths – a sharp rise on the previous year's fatalities. Nearly 25,000 seizures were made, amounting to 2.9 tonnes of the drug.

3. Barbituates

Class B. Synthetic sedatives used for anaesthetic purposes. Blamed for 13 deaths.

4. Street methadone

Class A. A synthetic opioid, commonly used as a substitute for treating heroin patients. Accounted for 378 deaths and there were more than 1,000 seizures of the drug.

5. Alcohol

Subject to increasing concern from the medical profession about its damage to health. According to the ONS, there were 8,724 alcohol deaths in the UK in 2007. Other sources claim the true figure is far higher.

6. Ketamine

Class C. A hallucinogenic dance drug for clubbers. There were 23 ketamine-related deaths in the UK between 1993 and 2006. Last year there were 1,266 seizures.

7. Benzodiazepines

Class C. A hypnotic relaxant used to treat anxiety and insomnia. Includes drugs such as diazepam, temazepam and nitrazepam. Caused 230 deaths and 1.8m doses were confiscated in more than 4,000 seizure operations.

8. Amphetamine

Class B. A psychostimulant that combats fatigue and suppresses hunger. Associated with 99 deaths, although this tally includes some ecstasy deaths. Nearly 8,000 seizures, adding up to almost three tonnes.

9. Tobacco

A stimulant that is highly addictive due to its nicotine content. More than 100,000 people a year die from smoking and tobacco-related diseases, including cancer, respiratory diseases and heart disease.

10. Buprenorphine

An opiate used for pain control, and sometimes as a substitute to wean addicts off heroin. Said to have caused 43 deaths in the UK between 1980 and 2002.

11. Cannabis

Class B. A psychoactive drug recently appearing in stronger forms such as "skunk". The subject of intense controversy over its long-term effects and capacity for inducing schizophrenia. Caused 19 deaths and there were 186,000 seizures, netting 65 tonnes of the drug and 640,000 cannabis plants.

12. Solvents

Fumes inhaled to produce a sense of intoxication. Usually abused by teenagers. Derived from commonly available products such as glue and aerosol sprays. Causes around 50 deaths a year.

13. 4-MTA

Class A. Originally designed for laboratory research. Releases serotonin in the body. Only four deaths reported in the UK between 1997 and 2004.

14. LSD

Class A. Hallucinogenic drug originally synthesised by a German chemist in 1938. Very few deaths recorded.

15. Methylphenidate

Class B drug. Brand name of Ritalin. A psychostimulant sometimes used in the treatment of attention deficit disorders.

16. Anabolic steroids

Class C. Used to develop muscles, notably in competitive sports. Also alleged to induce aggression. Have been blamed for causing deaths among bodybuilders. More than 800 seizures.

17. GHB

Class C drug. A clear liquid dance drug said to induce euphoria, also described as a date rape drug. Can trigger comas and suppress breathing. Caused 20 deaths and 47 seizures were recorded.

18. Ecstasy

Class A. Psychoactive dance drug. Caused 44 deaths, with around 5,000 seizures made.

19. Alykl nitrites

Known as "poppers". Inhaled for their role as a muscle relaxant and supposed sexual stimulant. Reduce blood pressure, which can cause fainting and in some cases death.

20. Khat

A psychoactive plant, the leaves of which are chewed in east Africa and Yemen. Also known as qat. Produces mild psychological dependence. Its derivatives, cathinone and cathine, are Class C drugs in the UK.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 23:54 
Chinny chin chin

21. Cake - Class A. Has an active ingredient which is a dangerous psychoactive compound known as dimesmeric andersonphosphate. It stimulates the part of the brain called Shatner's Bassoon. And that's the bit of the brain that deals with time perception. So, a second feels like a month.

Post subject: Unexplained Pasta Deaths
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 23:54 

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
WTB wrote:
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.... Everyone else, this is embarrassing.

Careful you don't hurt yourself climbing off the incredibly high horse you rode in on.

Even the horse is high?!

Oh, wait, was that an Amy Winehouse joke?

DoccyG, you should be ashamed!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 23:55 

Also, to JC and whoever else is watching, not everyone on this forum doesn't want you here, despite how it might look from this thread. You definitely haven't helped your cause today, but by the same token, I want you to stick around and I'm sure others do too. The people who've disagreed with you today are not the whole forum (although again, I don't necessarily condone today's behaviour - it's just that the people you were arguing with have previously argued with you as well).

Lurkers and outsiders - potential regular posters - see this forum and notice familiar names popping up in every thread - just because they post a lot and tend to know each other and agree with each other doesn't make it representative of the forum's opinions as a whole. I've moaned about it before I know, but the forum is too circle-jerky, in-jokey and exclusive if you don't 'fit in' or have the conviction to ignore that and dig in. Obviously this isn't going to change, so the best bet is to acknowledge that it is what it is and, well, try to ignore it like I do.

If anyone is wondering why I'm bringing this up again in a thread that has essentially been a slanging match, have a read of it all and try to imagine yourself as a prospective first-time poster. Fucking hell.

I know we're proud of our hands-off approach to moderation, and I'm not suggesting anyone be banned, but if ever a thread should've been nipped in the bud a long time ago it's this one. It doesn't make anyone look good. And yeah, I might be on my high horse, but I don't see anyone else saying it and it needs to be said.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 23:55 

And wait... Are you suggesting that WTB had sex with Amy Winehouse?

This thread is confusing...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 0:02 
Chinny chin chin

I wish WTB had stood as a mod and won. He'd be like a modern day blue jesus. But more right.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 0:07 

But in-keeping with the thread, and in order to make it perfectly clear that I've jumped down off my horse (landing cushioned by an Gaywood):

Chinny, I don't have a problem with anyone on this forum, yourself included generally, but you really can be a massive twat at times to the severe detriment of this community. It'd be a much better place if you weren't.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 0:13 
baron of techno

Mimi wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
WTB wrote:

Even the horse is high?!

Oh, wait, was that an Amy Winehouse joke?

:DD It wasn't but it is now.

Alternative joke: it's only a relatively high horse.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 0:14 
Chinny chin chin

WTB wrote:
Chinny, I don't have a problem with anyone on this forum, yourself included generally, but you really can be a massive twat at times to the severe detriment of this community. It'd be a much better place if you weren't.

Forget the election. Can we just put you in charge?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 0:24 
Excellent Member

@AtrocityExhibition

I believe the dehydration thing because I have spoken to real life people who do science and stuff about it, they may be wrong, they may be right, the underlying problem is not enough research. It could be that whatever they were cutting early MDMA with reacted with the drink, or it could very well have been bad E knocking about. Sad thing is back then we could have done with the E testing kits you can buy in holland (kits that literally test the pills to see if they are bad or not) but our govenment would never allow that sort of thing over here.

One a related point - the NHS would save a hell of a lot of money if they gave out those drinking straw caps that go on bottles which make it imposable to have your drink spiked.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 0:24 
Peculiar, yet lovely

That attitude really doesn't help.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 0:26 
Excellent Member

:(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 0:45 

Alberto wrote:
This is the thread where Beex finally died for me. And I thought the "terms and conditions" were pretty simple. Oh well :shrug:

Heed my words: This forum is doomed.

Utterly and inevitably.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 0:51 
Awesome
Yes

Anonymous X wrote:
Alberto wrote:
This is the thread where Beex finally died for me. And I thought the "terms and conditions" were pretty simple. Oh well :shrug:

Utterly and inevitably.

Yeah. I think actually I'll take some time off.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 0:52 

sinister agent wrote:
That attitude really doesn't help.

Assuming you are talking to me and not Chinny, I know, but why does it have to be people like me who act accordingly whilst others are allowed to basically be complete arseholes to people 24/7 without anyone so much as batting an eyelid. Dare to challenge said person for being an arsehole and you're bombarded with a load of 'hilarious' 'joke' posts from his mates instead of any kind of sincere response.

But if you were talking to Chinny, fair play.

The people who make interesting and varied contributions to this forum are being whittled down by the day. Fuck knows what'll happen when the last one finally leaves and all you have to take the piss out of is each other. A black hole, I imagine.

(I'm not talking to you by the way, Sinister Agent, in case it seemed like I was. I was talking to 'the room', before anyone gets offended.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 0:58 
Chinny chin chin

Anonymous X wrote:
Alberto wrote:

Utterly and inevitably.

Of course it is. Nothing lasts forever. I'm just surprised people think a small userbase web forum with no feeder site is anything other than transient.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:00 
Peculiar, yet lovely

I was talking to Chinny :kiss:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:01 

chinnyhill10 wrote:
Anonymous X wrote:
Alberto wrote:

Utterly and inevitably.

Of course it is. Nothing lasts forever. I'm just surprised people think a small userbase web forum with no feeder site is anything other than transient.

This is the attitude though. You've said it before but I ignored it. You're ruining this forum with that attitude. Your whole opinion is 'this place is doomed, so I'm going to act like a twat whilst the ship sinks'. Seriously, fuck off if that's how you're approaching it. Some of us want this place to grow. Cancer of this forum, you are.

Do you not realise that in the way you conduct yourself on here towards people, you're driving them away? You believe the forum is doomed, but by being a twat to people you're the one actually dooming it. Can't you go back to being nice?

You have a ridiculous number of posts on this forum. You pop up in pretty much every thread, and you have a lot of chums who join in with your jokes. It's undeniable that you have a massive influence on the forum generally. If you're acting like a twat to people, it can genuinely feel to that person that they're fighting an army rather than one guy sat at his desk. It needs to stop. Both you being a twat when you feel like it, and your chums letting you get away with it, chiming in with jokes when anyone stops to say "hang on a minute, that's not on". I'm not placing the blame solely on you, Chinny, but you're definitely one of the horsemen of the BETEO apocalypse.

Please stop being a twat to people.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:01 

sinister agent wrote:
I was talking to Chinny :kiss:

:D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:24 
Chinny chin chin

WTB wrote:
Cancer of this forum, you are.

Have you ever considered setting up your own forum? You know where you can impose your views on other people without having to face any pesky questions or people answering back? Where everyone can live up to your high moral code?

You clearly want to. Not only do you view yourself as some kind of forum moral guardian and unelected moderator, but you now go around labelling posters as a "cancer".

Forums come and forums go. This forum will not last forever. You can stick your head in the sand about this but all but the biggest forums have their day. What will kill the forum is a lack of a feeder site and frankly Up To Jump didn't work. It may be a year it may be five. Who knows? But hey, I must admit I've done fuck all for this forum. I'm just here to sponge. It must be nice for someone like you to know you are constantly trying to put something back.

I salute your righteousness. For when the rapture does come I'm sure you'll be saved and I'll be burning in hell, cancer that I am.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:33 

chinnyhill10 wrote:
WTB wrote:
Cancer of this forum, you are.

Have you ever considered setting up your own forum? You know where you can impose your views on other people without having to face any pesky questions or people answering back? Where everyone can live up to your high moral code?

You clearly want to. Not only do you view yourself as some kind of forum moral guardian and unelected moderator, but you now go around labelling posters as a "cancer".

Forums come and forums go. This forum will not last forever. You can stick your head in the sand about this but all but the biggest forums have their day. What will kill the forum is a lack of a feeder site and frankly Up To Jump didn't work. It may be a year it may be five. Who knows? But hey, I must admit I've done fuck all for this forum. I'm just here to sponge. It must be nice for someone like you to know you are constantly trying to put something back.

I salute your righteousness. For when the rapture does come I'm sure you'll be saved and I'll be burning in hell, cancer that I am.

See? Surely everyone must agree that this guy is at least a bit of a bellend, right? You can focus on my cancer metaphor and try to make me seem like a meanie for making such a choice of words if you like, but that doesn't change the fact that you're a major contributing factor to this forum's ever-downward spiral. The worst bit is that you're not even doing it unknowingly - you're deliberately fucking steering us there.

If you honestly think I get some kind of kick out of being "moral guardian" and knowing that I'm "constantly trying to put something back", then you're dead wrong. I get a kick out of talking to people about stuff. Games, TV, etc. The stuff we talk about on here. The stuff we talked about on WoS. My only agenda is to try to make that possible. I'm not here to win the adulation of some invisible internet crowd by being "righteous" or whatever. You're standing directly in the way of this forum's progress, and I'd like it if you took a few steps in either direction.

For the record, I don't think you've "done fuck all for this forum", and in fact I think you're fucking hilarious frequently. But in the last year or so you've developed this attitude that the forum is dying, "so fuck it", which is naturally a self-fulfilling prophecy. Unfortunately (in my opinion), you're such a popular guy on the forum (and rightfully so based on what you used to be like), you have a lot of friends here who are happy to let you be a twat to people.

BETEO, a show of hands: Am I in the minority wanting this place to succeed? If I am, I'll gladly fuck off and be done with it. Does everyone else honestly side with Chinny on the future of this forum?

edit: I'd like to add, I apologise for calling Chinny a "twat" multiple times. And a bellend. I was annoyed and those words were good shorthand. Although I did tend to say "being a twat" rather than outright calling him a "twat", which is different. The "bellend" bit was a pure name-call, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:41 

WTB wrote:
BETEO, a show of hands: Am I in the minority wanting this place to succeed?

I'm on that side, whether it ends up being a minority or not. Perhaps one can argue that this and other Internet communities have their natural lifespans, but I so no point in artificially hastening the end.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:51 
Noob as of 6/8/10

WTB wrote:

BETEO, a show of hands: Am I in the minority wanting this place to succeed?

No.
Quote:
If I am, I'll gladly fuck off and be done with it. Does everyone else honestly side with Chinny on the future of this forum?

No.

I thought it was generally ticking over quite nicely, with the odd bit of flaming from time to time, but then I have been known to miss these things in other forums in the past. This thread has been exceptional and I haven't participated because I didn't feel strongly about Amy's death or what anyone else felt about it. I did think it was sad, but I didn't know her background so I just chalked it up as another tortured celebrity death, but as her music didn't particularly appeal to me I personally felt no great loss, but I'm sure other people did.

I'm aware that some people have left this forum because of disagreements they've had with other members, but I've seen that happen on lots of forums (and mailing lists as well, in the olden days). It's bound to happen sometimes. As I said elsewhere, recently, some people in a forum will not get on with each other, just like they won't IRL. The difference in an on-line community is that you can flame away to your heart's content and then leave, which is something a lot of people would not do IRL, as it could well end up with physical violence.

I certainly found this place to be more welcoming than some others, e.g. b3ta, where I was flamed out of existence for expressing an opinion that didn't fit in with what appeared to me to be a huge clique, but maybe I just posted unwisely. I still lurk there, but don't post in the forums.

To sum up my feelings about BEEX, generally I've found it to be a fun place, but it's not vital to my existence and if it should implode I'll be sorry, but I'll just move on elsewhere. However, I would prefer it to succeed, but things can't be unsaid and some people may well feel that it will never be the welcoming place it once was.

[edit] Incidentally, I haven't been around today as I've been on an induction course for my new job. And I'm on it on 27 and 28 July as well, so in case you're wondering, I haven't flounced, I just don't have access to the net during the day [/edit]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:15 
Chinny chin chin

What I am enjoying here is WTB's employment of divide and conquer tactics. Avoiding anything else anybody has said to focus in on me, the cancer of the forum. Vote for WTB because Chinny will have you all killed. He said so!

I don't ask or want anybody to stand in my corner because I don't see there is a corner. Yet again an opinion gets cast against someone for a posters own agenda. I'm not up for the fight. Although I would like to point out it was suggested by me at election time that WTB stand as a moderator on a "reform" ticket. He declined.

I'd like to think I've put as much into this forum as my post count justifies. Be that articles for the site, reviews, finding quirky links, trying to ensure we keep a strong retro gaming theme, and the various gaming challenges. I don't ask for recognition for it, I just do it because it's fun.

As a community perhaps it is time for a changing of the guard. Certainly we've lost posters or people have cut back posting, incidentally not always because of the reasons outlined above but because of natural circumstances such as peoples lives changing. Peoples lives do change as do forums. People do also leave forums for a variety of reasons. I've been around since the days of Usenet and BEEX has nothing unusual about it and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Outside of professional forums where people are remarkable well behaved, it's fairly normal, although perhaps slightly more insular due to the nature of its birth.

Perhaps it stopped being fun a while back and it's just been pottering on like a middle aged couple who now hate each other but can't bring themselves to divorce. Perhaps I tried to wean myself off under the pretence of being busy yet kept on coming back because there were things I wanted to do and posters I wanted to interact with.

Worst of all, perhaps people want BEEX to be just another generic internet forum where people just babble on about shit and viewpoints can't be challenged or horizons expanded. Perhaps the fact that we can no longer have a reasonable adult discussion about a dead pop star who had a drug habit says it all. But perhaps that's because the forum has changed and I am swimming against the tide?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:20 

If you genuinely think we've lost a lot of our good posters because of real-life circumstances, you're deluded. I mean, it's all here under te search button. People saying 'fuck this, I'm off'.

As for me standing for moderator, how is that relevant? As was said at the time - which you chose to ignore - the moderators on BETEO don't fucking do anything other than attempt to maintain the peace, get rid of spammers and split off-topic stuff out into new threads. Other than that they have no more power for 'reform' than you or I. What is it about this that is so difficult for you to understand? Or is it just more convenient to ignore fact and be able to periodically refer to it and make out as though I 'didn't have the balls to stand for mod and make a change'?

Quote:
Worst of all, perhaps people want BEEX to be just another generic internet forum where people just babble on about shit and viewpoints can't be challenged or horizons expanded. Perhaps the fact that we can no longer have a reasonable adult discussion about a dead pop star who had a drug habit says it all. But perhaps that's because the forum has changed and I am swimming against the tide?

This is fucking precious! I'm all up for adult discussion and expanding horizons, just as soon as you are. I mean, admit it, you get bored and troll the absolute fuck out of this forum sometimes - more frequently with each passing day it seems.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:43 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

8)

Right, this can stop now until the mods have a chance to discuss it.

Anyone who whines about that or carries this on in another thread will be given a week off to get over the hurt I'm no doubt causing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:08 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

There's been enough arguing with little value in this thread. It's worth noticing that while this has been going on, precious little has been posted in other threads, and I don't think that's of value to anyone.

So, this thread will be unlocked now. Want to debate the issues related to Amy Winehouse in it, go ahead. Personal attacks and abuse will get the poster a cooling off ban with no further warnings.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:25 

AtrocityExhibition wrote:
And if someone dies of dehydration, then they've died of dehydration, not an ecstasy 'overdose', because an ecstasy overdose doesn't exist. .

Yes it does, as we've already discussed:

http://thedea.org/technicalFAQ.html

Although it's pretty much unheard of as the dose needed is very high.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:02 
baron of techno

Locking while splitting.

OK, go. Again

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:08 

Please do split it. I don't have a clue what is going on now.

[edit, cheers, I'm slow]

Also, I had a weird dream a bit like the Temptation of St Anthony this morning. I reckon that was the 'high horse' comment!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 13:14 
Unpossible!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/14289518

Quote:
Xbox360's official Twitter account, tweetbox360, posted a message urging people to pay tribute to the star by using Microsoft's online store to buy her album.

It read "remember Amy Winehouse by downloading the ground-breaking 'Back to Black' over at Zune".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 13:16 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

A little bit of a cynical cash-in, I would suggest.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 13:17 
UltraMod

Craster wrote:
A little bit of a cynical cash-in, I would suggest.

It is - or was - splashed over the front page of the Zune Marketplace on my phone too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 13:23 

iTunes had a rotating banner ad pushing her music, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 13:27 
UltraMod

I don't see what the fuss is, to be honest. When Kurt Cobain and Michael Jackson died people went out in droves to buy their music. They're just making it more easily accessible by pointing people in the right direction.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 13:30 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I said it was a bit cynical, not that it was the vile act of a humanless corporate machine with no moral compass.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 13:31 
UltraMod

Craster wrote:
I said it was a bit cynical, not that it was the vile act of a humanless corporate machine with no moral compass.

I know what you said, but I also know what you meant deep down.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 13:33 

With relatively little back catalog to her name (two albums, right? And a few appearances on other songs and stuff?), it's hard to imagine how big a sales surge this would cause. Surely anyone who liked her enough to care already had those songs?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 14:17 
Unpossible!

We have another thread for this discussion. I'm going to move these posts. Please stand by

edit: Please continue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 14:47 

That other thread, for any who are lost: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7521

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 14:57 
Unpossible!

Nik wrote:
That other thread, for any who are lost: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7521

Nik for Mod!

Reply to topic  [ 613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next