Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Non Geographic Phone Numbers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:39 
Chinny chin chin

Anyone have any experience of buying and using a non geographic phone number.

I might shortly be taking on a new office in a different area. I can keep my old number (Orange offer a service for £15 where I can transfer my existing landline to a mobile) but long term I'd like to fix a number down for my new location. However since I may only be there for a year I'd like to secure something more permenent. Also while a local code is appealing, there may be scope for attracting business from further afield with a non geographic number.

So some kind of non geographic number might make sense. However all the ones I see online seem to suggest I must pay some of the call costs!

Anyone have any idea? Anyone using such a service? Just need a number that I can perhaps administer via some kind of web interface and that doesn't cost the earth.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Non Geographic Phone Numbers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:43 
ugvm'er at heart...

My cousin runs a business that does precisely this sort of thing if you want an introduction?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:54 
Chinny chin chin

Trooper wrote:
My cousin runs a business that does precisely this sort of thing if you want an introduction?

If you have a URL that would be handy thanks. Don't want to speak to companies as yet, more interested in peoples experiences.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:55 
Isn't that lovely?

Be careful, I hate those, because I get free calls to normal numbers (from my mobile and from my land line) but not to non geographical ones.

I remember my work had loads of them, we used to make Xp a minute on them, but then a few years ago they changed them so they actually cost us Yp a minute, so we had to tell everyone to stop sending them out.

Not really of much help I know...

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:59 
Chinny chin chin

Malc wrote:
Be careful, I hate those, because I get free calls to normal numbers (from my mobile and from my land line) but not to non geographical ones.

I remember my work had loads of them, we used to make Xp a minute on them, but then a few years ago they changed them so they actually cost us Yp a minute, so we had to tell everyone to stop sending them out.

Malc

That's quite useful actually. Looks like me being billed for the cost of a call to me might be true then.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 13:02 
ugvm'er at heart...

chinnyhill10 wrote:
Trooper wrote:

If you have a URL that would be handy thanks. Don't want to speak to companies as yet, more interested in peoples experiences.

Cheers.

http://www.nexusuk.com/

This is the place but there is bugger all info on the website :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 13:05 
ugvm'er at heart...

chinnyhill10 wrote:
Malc wrote:

Malc

That's quite useful actually. Looks like me being billed for the cost of a call to me might be true then.

It depends on the number. I think for Kate's number it costs people 7.5p a minute to call the number, but we don't get charged anything.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 13:30 
ugvm'er at heart...

Trooper wrote:
chinnyhill10 wrote:
Malc wrote:

Malc

It depends on the number. I think for Kate's number it costs people 7.5p a minute to call the number, but we don't get charged anything.

Which turns out to be completely wrong! :D The 7.5p a minute is what it costs us to route to a mobile, it is free to route to a landline. Might have to re-look at that if the business takes off...

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]