Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
 Post subject: Why is Education Necessary?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:37 
Excellent Member

Every human being needs oxygen to survive in the world. Education is as important as this because education gives people the knowledge and skills they require. Education is important to people of all ages and it has no limit. Children require education in order for them to learn how to speak and to write. Students in higher education level require knowledge in order to gain valuable information regarding what they are studying about. Managers in companies require education to improve them in decision making and adapting to changing environment. One cannot say that they do not need any further education no matter how smart they are because the quality of education is always improving.

This is the reason why education is becoming increasingly important and it has now become a necessity to everyone. In the past two decades or so, parents did not see education to be important for their child as they believed that their child only needs knowledge on certain issues. If parents still have the same mentality today, their child will find it difficult to make a living in today's world which has become very competitive. Even in lower education level, students are already competing with each other to determine who will get the highest grade in class. If these students are already so competitive in school just imagine how competitive would they be when they move on to higher education and after that, work.

With the standard of education getting higher, an organization's demand for an individual's level of education is also getting higher. Many years ago, a fresh graduate is able to apply for any job they want with a high school certificate. A few years on, expectation grew and the minimum requirement was a diploma certificate. Today, many students with degree level certificate are unemployed unless for those are holding certificates from prestigious universities. Imagine, if degree holders are already missing out on jobs, how those with only high school or diploma certificate fare? The level of standard and expectation of education has grown to a level where one cannot afford have insufficient education. This has how important education has become.

With once ounce of joy we replace a thousand sorrows. Through faith in our self, we enable the world around us to give back to us. Through our belief in our self, we create our world, our life, our potential.

What amazing mods we have
Hurrah for the mods!

Post subject: Re: Why is Education Necessary?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:40 
Gogmagog

Thank you for that. I am now considering myself enlightened.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:51 
Because without education we'd click on spambot links?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:44 
Can you dig it?

Hey! Teacher!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:45 
Excellently Membered

FAIL :belm:
Quote:
education has grown to a level where one cannot afford have insufficient education.

EDIT
Quote:
With once ounce of joy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:46 
Isn't that lovely?

itsallwater wrote:
FAIL
Quote:
education has grown to a level where one cannot afford have insufficient education.

There's one in the sig too.

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:46 
Excellently Membered

... and yes this is coming from Mr Illiterate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:53 
Unpossible!

Sir Wrapsalot wrote:
Hey! Teacher!

Leave those forums alone!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:54 
Gogmagog

Fortunately , I already have a large supply of educational books in my mighty ship. Would you like to know more?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:59 
Noob as of 6/8/10

A university education isn't necessary, or even desirable, for everyone. If you don't go to university, it doesn't mean you're a failure. A lot of very successful people didn't go to uni.

We need plumbers, electricians, carpenters and joiners, etc. etc. and we've suffered from the running down of the apprenticeship system in previous generations. Thank goodness it's been restarted in recent years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:40 
Excellently Membered

Your mum was well educated !!! :hat:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:58 
Peculiar, yet lovely

MerryXmasWarIsOver wrote:
A university education isn't necessary, or even desirable, for everyone. If you don't go to university, it doesn't mean you're a failure. A lot of very successful people didn't go to uni.

And me! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 13:15 
MR EXCELLENT FACE

ladyyaya wrote:
Every human being needs oxygen to survive in the world. Education is as important as this because education gives people the knowledge and skills they require.

Oxygen is irrelevant as that is a requirement. Education is not. Primitive man did ok without schools. He didn't do ok without Oxygen. (see: any bog body ever).

Quote:
Education is important to people of all ages and it has no limit.

Education has a limit. There's only so much knowledge that can be taught to someone else. Unless you define your own research as a form of education. Also: a 99 year old on the verge of death no longer has a use for education. It is not important to them.

Quote:
Children require education in order for them to learn how to speak and to write.

A child, or anyone, does not need a formal education to do this. How else did language first start? Arguably listening to your dada and muma when you're a wee babby is 'education', but I would qualify education as being taught something, which is different to merely learning something.

Quote:
Students in higher education level require knowledge in order to gain valuable information regarding what they are studying about.

Tautological circular reasoning. Students study because they're studying?

Quote:
Managers in companies require education to improve them in decision making and adapting to changing environment.

They might require it but they never seem to take it...

Quote:
One cannot say that they do not need any further education no matter how smart they are because the quality of education is always improving.

Not if you live in bible belt America, it isn't. I don't think the fact that education is improving has any relation to how smart someone is nor their need for further education.

Quote:
This is the reason why education is becoming increasingly important and it has now become a necessity to everyone.

What is the reason? The fact that education is improving? That has nothing to do with the reason why someone should be educated. This is a non-sequitur. [How do I prononuce this?]

Quote:
In the past two decades or so, parents did not see education to be important for their child as they believed that their child only needs knowledge on certain issues. If parents still have the same mentality today, their child will find it difficult to make a living in today's world which has become very competitive.

I expect mr spam bot didn't mean a decade, given that I'm 2.5 decades old and the world was certainly competitve back then and education was defiantely seen as important. Maybe they meant millenia?

Quote:
Even in lower education level, students are already competing with each other to determine who will get the highest grade in class. If these students are already so competitive in school just imagine how competitive would they be when they move on to higher education and after that, work.

With the standard of education getting higher, an organization's demand for an individual's level of education is also getting higher.

This it tautalogical but sadly true of the current workplace. Has mr spam bot unearthed the propblem with today's society? That every man and his dog must have a degree because that's what everyone else has?

Quote:
Many years ago, a fresh graduate is able to apply for any job they want with a high school certificate. A few years on, expectation grew and the minimum requirement was a diploma certificate.

Denied. Some jobs have always required a university education in some form since Universites began. A good example would be a Physics professor ;) Though I imagine you could probably be one if you just read loads of books without gonig to uni. Even so, I don't think a yanky high school diploma would get you into every job in the 50s.

Quote:
Today, many students with degree level certificate are unemployed unless for those are holding certificates from prestigious universities.

This has less to do with the uni and more to do with the degree in my eyes. Got a degree in xyz engineering? JOB FOR YOU. Dead easy to find. More prestigious universities will make it easier for you to get a job, but as long as you know what you're doing you will be fine. History of art? Doesn't matter where you went you won't be getting a job. I used to undervalue Teeside as a bit of a noddy place, but most of their graduates seem to be very pragmatic system programmers. (obvs I'm talking about a few degrees here).

Quote:
Imagine, if degree holders are already missing out on jobs, how those with only high school or diploma certificate fare?

Depends if they can arc weld or not, I imagine.

Quote:
The level of standard and expectation of education has grown to a level where one cannot afford have insufficient education. This has how important education has become.

Once again the standard of education is irrelevant to the reason why one should be educated. Infact, I don't think the spammy thing even really qualified WHY one should be educated, meerly claiming that one must be educated because the standard of education is very high. I hear the quality of some restaurants is very high; must I eat there? Is it a requirement to my life?

OBVS I realise that post wasn't real, but I felt like replying. Mostly because it read like a year 7 essay.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 13:20 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Pod, you're arguing with a banned spambot. Props for the effort, mind.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 13:21 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

POD!!! :DD Brilliant, can we bring the spambot back please? I want to see its arguments.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 13:56 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Pod wrote:
Quote:

[...]Also: a 99 year old on the verge of death no longer has a use for education. It is not important to them.

Not if that piece of education is "Ethel, look out, there's a car coming".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 14:03 
What-ho, chaps!

Quote:
Also: a 99 year old on the verge of death no longer has a use for education. It is not important to them.

*Political cartoon of devil-Pod gleefully throwing a tearful professor's books into a furnace as he pleads on his deathbed for his favourite book.*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 14:14 
MR EXCELLENT FACE

Crasmas Pudding wrote:
Pod, you're arguing with a banned spambot. Props for the effort, mind.

I know! But there were too many disjointed random statements. I COULDN'T HELP IT.

I wonder who originally authored the piece.

Grim... wrote:
Pod wrote:
Quote:

[...]Also: a 99 year old on the verge of death no longer has a use for education. It is not important to them.

Not if that piece of education is "Ethel, look out, there's a car coming".

99 year olds don't dare even use the pelican crossings.

MrD wrote:
Quote:
Also: a 99 year old on the verge of death no longer has a use for education. It is not important to them.

*Political cartoon of devil-Pod gleefully throwing a tearful professor's books into a furnace as he pleads on his deathbed for his favourite book.*

I'll allow him 1. But it won't be a physics book, it'd be a snoopy cartoon inside a physics-looking dust jacket. He'd never know. It's a well known fact 99 year olds can't read.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 14:45 
Isn't that lovely?

Pod wrote:
I'll allow him 1. But it won't be a physics book, it'd be a snoopy cartoon inside a physics-looking dust jacket. He'd never know. It's a well known fact 99 year olds can't read.

I'll ask my Grandad in 18 months time...

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 15:02 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mrs Grim... had a great(repeat as necessary) -aunt who was 103 when she died in 2001, so that means she was born in the 19th Century, lived throughout the whole of the 20th, and died in the 21st.
The things that were invented while she was alive boggles the mind.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 15:17 
Chinny chin chin

Grim... wrote:
The things that were invented while she was alive boggles the mind.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 16:43 
baron of techno

I have images turned off but I'm going to guess that's an Amstrad product.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 16:52 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

A CPC464, I believe :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 17:10 
Chinny chin chin

Grim... wrote:
A CPC464, I believe :)

EPIC FAIL!

That's blatantly a 664 as it has a floppy drive and the curser keys in a weird place. The 664 was only sold for 6 months before being replaced by the 6128. They are fairly rare beasts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 17:16 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I'm not convinced it's epic, to be honest.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 17:17 
Chinny chin chin

Crasmas Pudding wrote:
I'm not convinced it's epic, to be honest.

Your judgement is impaired. Next you'll be confusing Speccy +2's and +2a's.

WHERE WILL IT ALL END?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 17:19 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

chinnyhill10 wrote:
That's blatantly a 664 as it has a floppy drive and the curser keys in a weird place.

If you press one of these keys, does it swear at you?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 17:28 
Excellent Painter

Grim... wrote:
chinnyhill10 wrote:
That's blatantly a 664 as it has a floppy drive and the curser keys in a weird place.

If you press one of these keys, does it swear at you?

:DD [edit] "you're fucking fired"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 17:43 
Noob as of 6/8/10

One of my very first experiences with a computer was with a Commodore Pet at our training centre in Sheffield, aeons ago and the first program I used was called 'Insulter.'

It simply responded to any statement you typed in with an insulting response. One of the psychologists at the centre claimed to have written it as a tool to improve people's keyboard skills on the basis that you'd type your responses faster if you were replying to an apparently intelligent computer. It was great fun, even though its responses were very limited and my typing speed was a lot faster after 15 mins of trying to outwit the thing.

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]