Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wii iPlayer question
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 15:28 

I've just got in, avoided the F1 result, and put iPlayer on the wii to watch it, it's not on there despite programs on after it already appearing. Disgruntled, I go for a surf and on my pc it's there in iplayer. Checked back on the wii, still not.

Can someone confirm whether the F1 appears on wii at all? They've got the pre-race stuff on there so I'd assume so. Is it maybe a case of them using a different server for wii and being shit at keeping it up to date?

Post subject: Re: Wii iPlayer question
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 15:39 

GovernmentYard wrote:
I've just got in, avoided the F1 result, and put iPlayer on the wii to watch it, it's not on there despite programs on after it already appearing. Disgruntled, I go for a surf and on my pc it's there in iplayer. Checked back on the wii, still not.

Can someone confirm whether the F1 appears on wii at all? They've got the pre-race stuff on there so I'd assume so. Is it maybe a case of them using a different server for wii and being shit at keeping it up to date?

It has to go through a few extra hoops to be on the Wii, but it will be there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 15:42 

Thought so, cheers. Will watch it on the netbook then. Funny that the shows on after it have been through their hoops :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 15:42 
Comfortably Dumb

Just checked on mine and it's there. I went TV>Categories>Sport>Formula One and it's listed. Shame I don't like Formula One, really.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 15:47 

GovernmentYard wrote:
Thought so, cheers. Will watch it on the netbook then. Funny that the shows on after it have been through their hoops :(

Which shows? Pre-recorded shows are pre-delivered. Live shows obviously have to be transcoded. The F1 will be a fast transcode, but sometimes problems occur with one or more of the bitrates.

Not on shift today, so can't (and probabl shouldn't!) be more specific, I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 16:02 

Andrew Marr and that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 18:31 

Hmm odd then (AM's live isn't it?). I can only guess the fast transcode had problems for the Wii.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 20:18 

It was pretty entertaining on the PC as well - the F1 was in two parts, bbc 1 then bbc 2 coverage. On my 23" tv a laptop could display part 1 almost well enough to read the on-screen info, lap times etc when in fullscreen. Part 2 started looking better than actual tv, then ten minutes in went haywire, jumped forward to the defining moment of the race and spannering the tension for me, then settled into a resolution that made it look like the whole thing was being displayed by a ZX Spectrum. You couldn't tell which Ferrari you were looking at. Odd.

I've just turned the Wii back on as I knew it had the football league show and I'm getting error messages for that now, so I've concluded that you are the reason iPlayer works and are not allowed any more days off.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]