Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: What are your real Xbox 360 stats?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 21:27 
Honey Boo Boo

Shamelessly nicked from a Eurogamer comments thread.

1. How many Xboxes I've had due to breakdowns - technically one, but as it got sent in with RROD I think it's a bit Trigger's Broom now.

2. How many times I've started up my Xbox - no idea but I reckon at least 1,000.

3. How many games have turned out so crap I've given up after one evening. - I don't rent games and only buy ones I like, but close call with CivRev. I'd forgotten XBLA games initially, but Undertow, Small Arms, Spyglass Board Games, Zuma, Street Figher II HF.

4. How many pads I've broken out of frustration - One (playing my rival in Top Spin 2 - cheaty twat). And one headset (controller hurled again, Saints Row 2).

5. How many times I wanted to punch the idiot who created Avatars in the face - Seven. Once when they were announced, again when I actually saw what they looked like, again when I saw the Avatar Marketplace, and four times for each time I've played 1 vs 100 and their idiotic, charmless, stupid facial expressions and animations.

6. How many times I've wondered why we're charged to play online - Twice. Once when signing up, and again during the whole UT3 dedicated servers/PSN/etc argument.

7. How many times I've met teamkillers - Ain't a number high enough for that.

8. How many cushions surround my Xbox to muffle the noise - None, though it did used to sit on a big futon (atop DVD cases to maintain airflow)

9. How many times I wished I owned a Playstation. - Nil.

Post subject: Re: What are your real Xbox 360 stats?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 21:36 
1. How many Xboxes I've had due to breakdowns - 1 flashing red light - it came back fixed

2. How many times I've started up my Xbox - lots

3. How many games have turned out so crap I've given up after one evening. - Halo 3 and army of two, came with xbox, I really didnt like either

4. How many pads I've broken out of frustration - None

5. How many times I wanted to punch the idiot who created Avatars in the face - None really

6. How many times I've wondered why we're charged to play online - None, I just paid and got on with it

7. How many times I've met teamkillers - 18 days worth of CoD4 online..... and bobby of course

8. How many cushions surround my Xbox to muffle the noise - Fuck! I didnt think of that. None

9. How many times I wished I owned a Playstation. - Haha fuck off

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 21:44 
Paws for thought

1. How many Xboxes I've had due to breakdowns - Got one, it broke, got another, got the first fixed, sold it.

2. How many times I've started up my Xbox - Many.

3. How many games have turned out so crap I've given up after one evening. - Two Worlds.

4. How many pads I've broken out of frustration - None, although I did lose headphones to some floor humping lizardmen in SCIV.

5. How many times I wanted to punch the idiot who created Avatars in the face - I just ignore them.

6. How many times I've wondered why we're charged to play online - None, really. I know why.

7. How many times I've met teamkillers - Don't play with randoms.

8. How many cushions surround my Xbox to muffle the noise - None.

9. How many times I wished I owned a Playstation. - I own one. So obviously at least once. Don't regret it either (so long as I don't think of PS home)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 21:44 

1. How many Xboxes I've had due to breakdowns - 1 RROD

2. How many times I've started up my Xbox - No idea. A lot

3. How many games have turned out so crap I've given up after one evening. - Oh dear. CoD2 I haven't even played, CoD4 I played once, Crackdown a couple of times, Dead Rising not many, Eternal Sonata never, Gears of War once, Kane & Lynch twice?, Mercs2 not much, Mirrors Edge once or twice, Soul Calibur IV not a lot, UTIII never played. I would have added Wartech: Senko no Ronde to that list but I've been whoring it over the last few days. In conclusion, I am a tosser with money. :(

4. How many pads I've broken out of frustration - None

5. How many times I wanted to punch the idiot who created Avatars in the face - Don't really care, just created one as quick as possible

6. How many times I've wondered why we're charged to play online - I don't play online that much, but I ran straight to the shops when my live sub expired last year. No objection to paying (it's only one or two of those games that I've hardly played)

7. How many times I've met teamkillers - Don't tend to get them in Rock Band :p

8. How many cushions surround my Xbox to muffle the noise - I'd be afraid of it overheating

9. How many times I wished I owned a Playstation. - 0. I loved my PS1 and 2, but I'm not getting a PS3 until they get round to releasing some good games. I'm not holding my breath.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 22:01 
EvilTrousers

1. How many Xboxes I've had due to breakdowns 2

2. How many times I've started up my Xbox Shitloads

3. How many games have turned out so crap I've given up after one evening. Perfect Dark Zero, Saints Row 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance - All Goozex trades so I felt no guilt in shipping them on quick for points.

4. How many pads I've broken out of frustration None - having a family makes for better venting.

5. How many times I wanted to punch the idiot who created Avatars in the face I don't really worry about them. Better than the God Awful PS3 Home equivalent Gap zombies.

6. How many times I've wondered why we're charged to play online Hardly any.

7. How many times I've met teamkillers Never

8. How many cushions surround my Xbox to muffle the noise My new Elite is super quiet - the old Premium is still noisy as fuck. PS3 is miles quieter though so most fillums / series are watched off that.

9. How many times I wished I owned a Playstation. I do - but it gets 10% of the use the 360 does.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 22:22 
I forgot about this - how vain

1. How many Xboxes I've had due to breakdowns - sent it back due to E74. So It's got a new motherboard + DVD drive.

2. How many times I've started up my Xbox - I'm not mental, so I've no idea.

3. How many games have turned out so crap I've given up after one evening. - The majority of the 10 free XBLA games I got with my console. Tosh the lot of them. Also Saints Row 1 seemed deeply unpleasant after an hours play so I doubt I'll go back to it too.

4. How many pads I've broken out of frustration - Again none. It boggles the mind that people might do that. But then I really like N+/Splosion Man/Trials/Mirror's Edge style 100 attempts type games...

5. How many times I wanted to punch the idiot who created Avatars in the face - Despite popular opinion I still like Nintendo (DO YOU SEE WHAT I DID) - the money for tat stuff really depresses me though.

6. How many times I've wondered why we're charged to play online - I'm pretty frustrated with the Gold system. Specially every time my GF wants to play online with me. Mario Kart Wii shouldn't be able to teach the 360 how to do online for fucks sake.

7. How many times I've met teamkillers - Only once actually (on CoD:WaW)

8. How many cushions surround my Xbox to muffle the noise - DDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUHHH!

9. How many times I wished I owned a Playstation. - A few times. The new Team ICO game. The Demon Souls game. A couple of PSN games.

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 22:23 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

1. How many Xboxes I've had due to breakdowns Technically one as the one I have now was fixed after RROD

2. How many times I've started up my Xbox ALmost every day since I've had it!

3. How many games have turned out so crap I've given up after one evening. Possibly none.. I do however have loads still in the wrapper. I even enjoy bad games sometimes!

4. How many pads I've broken out of frustration None. I'm calm.

5. How many times I wanted to punch the idiot who created Avatars in the face Just once... but the feeling hasn't gone away.

6. How many times I've wondered why we're charged to play online I prefer it this way! It makes me feel part of an elite club! Plus.. once a year? I hardly think of it!

7. How many times I've met teamkillers Who?

8. How many cushions surround my Xbox to muffle the noise PARDON? YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP.. THE XBOX IS ON!!

9. How many times I wished I owned a Playstation. I do. It's small and grey and all the disks are black on one side.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 22:31 
Comfortably Dumb

1. How many Xboxes I've had due to breakdowns - Still on the first one. No doubt it'll RROD tomorrow.

2. How many times I've started up my Xbox - Too many.

3. How many games have turned out so crap I've given up after one evening. -
(Looking at the shelf behind me)
GTA4
Smash Court Tennis 3
Beowolf
Virtua Fighter 5
Shaun White Snowboarding
Amped 3
Two Worlds
Smackdown Vs Raw 2007
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Bullet Witch
The Outfit
DOA Xtreme 2

4. How many pads I've broken out of frustration - None. Much too placid for that.

5. How many times I wanted to punch the idiot who created Avatars in the face - Just initially when I saw how they'd tried to rip off the Mii.

6. How many times I've wondered why we're charged to play online - None.

7. How many times I've met teamkillers - None.

8. How many cushions surround my Xbox to muffle the noise - None. Mine doesn't seem too noisy.

9. How many times I wished I owned a Playstation. - None. Not yet, anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:20 
Chu Jung?

MetalAngel wrote:
8. How many cushions surround my Xbox to muffle the noise?
Can't be bothered with a load of leading questions that only the supremely bored would ever want to know my answers to, but I wonder whether the reason I've never had the RROD is because I've never obstructed the ventilation on my 360 with cushions?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:29 
UltraMod

1. How many Xboxes I've had due to breakdowns - Just the one, but it's been to Germany and back again.

2. How many times I've started up my Xbox - Loads. Especially when I had to boot it up twenty times in five minutes when it kept glitching.

3. How many games have turned out so crap I've given up after one evening. - I'd never give up on a game in one evening, but here's a list of games I've bought/rented that I've thought were turds:
Kane & Lynch
Race Driver GRID
Unreal Tournament III ;)
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008
Pure
Alone in the Dark

4. How many pads I've broken out of frustration - None, but I spilt Guinness on one and the X button got all mungey.

5. How many times I wanted to punch the idiot who created Avatars in the face - None - I quite like them and make sure my hair and beard are up to date. I also change the clothes I'm wearing depending on the season. :S

6. How many times I've wondered why we're charged to play online - Never. Worth every penny.

7. How many times I've met teamkillers - Only when playing with Mr Chris.

8. How many cushions surround my Xbox to muffle the noise - !?

9. How many times I wished I owned a Playstation. - Once, in a moment of weakness, but it seems to have passed.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]