Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wasabi Coated Peanuts
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 17:32 
Legendary Boogeyman

Recently while on holiday I had some wasabi coated peanuts. They were awesome. Now I'm back I've been trying to find some locally.

The best place I can find them is here, but I can't quite justify the £7 P&P for a £1.50 jar of peanuts.

Would someone, or many someones, also like to try some of these (or indeed, anything else for sale on this site) and go in proportionally on the postage? Think WoS-sweetorama, except there's less profiteering involved ;)

Post subject: Re: Wasabi Coated Peanuts
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 17:36 

CG - there's quite a good Chinese and Japanese food shop in Lancaster that might well stock these. I'll have a look if you like - the shop is extremely cheap and will probably work out at quite a saving if they have them there.

If there are some I can happily post some to you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 17:43 
MR EXCELLENT FACE

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Recently while on holiday I had some wasabi coated peanuts. They were awesome. Now I'm back I've been trying to find some locally.

The best place I can find them is here, but I can't quite justify the £7 P&P for a £1.50 jar of peanuts.

Would someone, or many someones, also like to try some of these (or indeed, anything else for sale on this site) and go in proportionally on the postage? Think WoS-sweetorama, except there's less profiteering involved ;)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=samsi+ ... =firefox-a

Done.
ps: It's on Portland street, I think. Or just round the corner from there. It's in that area.
Also: You could go to the big chinese supermarket in chinatown. They might have it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 17:44 
Legendary Boogeyman

Might be an option, thanks Mimi :)

Although this particular brand is very potent, I've tried more than one and the other ones weren't nearly as sinus-clearing :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 17:46 

My boss had some on Wednesday, they sell them in the Japanese food shop here in Cardiff. Well, not peanuts, but peas. Deep fried wasabi[1] coated legumes are a popular snack.

[1] It's not real wasabi, it's a chemical copy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 18:08 

ComicalGnomes wrote:

If you're ever in "that London", "As Nature Intended" do these for ~60p/100g as a loose item.

http://www.asnatureintended.uk.com/

They also have a store in Hale, Greater Manchester.

Meems - If you're in Ealing they have a branch on the High Street just down from the Post Office if you want some.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 20:13 
Excellent Member

Chinatown or the big place on upper brook street most likely will stock them.
obviously involves going and getting them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 20:16 

Dudley wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:

If you're ever in "that London", "As Nature Intended" do these for ~60p/100g as a loose item.

Meems - If you're in Ealing they have a branch on the High Street just down from the Post Office if you want some.

I have not been to Ealing for a while now, actually. I almost came down there today to look for a suitcase but managed to find one in Wembley and I was feeling icky and decided that the bus journey would probably not do me any good. Is there a 'Works' there do you happen to know?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 20:19 
Legendary Boogeyman

LaceSensor wrote:

What a redundant statement.

Actually I was looking for this particular brand.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 20:23 
Hibernating Druid

I want a local source of Tobasco Olives. I got through 2 big jars on my last holiday in Spain.

I'd love to try those Wasabi peanuts.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 21:05 

Mimi wrote:
Dudley wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:

I have not been to Ealing for a while now, actually. I almost came down there today to look for a suitcase but managed to find one in Wembley and I was feeling icky and decided that the bus journey would probably not do me any good. Is there a 'Works' there do you happen to know?

I have no idea what a "Works" is, so probably not.

There's an ANI in Chiswick too if that helps, I can just vouch for the Ealing one having large levels of interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 0:58 
Excellent Member

ComicalGnomes wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:

What a redundant statement.

YOU ARE ACE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:00 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

When I came back from holiday demanding exactly the same item I just bought five cans, thus making the postage seem not so bad. They keep forever.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]