Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game VII Day 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 19:30 

And in my last post I was answering Comical why it was still being debated.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 19:31 
Time Out for Fun

Joans wrote:
Craster wrote:
Joans wrote:
If we kill him and he's the SK, what exactly do we do for the rest of the game?

Go after the next bad guy. Have you played this before?

Although, to be honest, if we go after him and he is the SK, I guess I pretty much walk up to the block myself.

Ah yes, with our awesome power of one lynch a day, while every night we're being killed by the mafia and recruited by the cult.

:this:

we'll be fucke by day 4 if we kill him now. possible 6 people down from our townie numbers, maybe more depending on what are lynching is like on day 2 and 3.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 19:31 
UltraMod

Vote Update

comicalgnomes: 5 votes (bluecup, bobbyaro, curiosity, joans, kalmar)
curiosity: 8 votes (comicalgnomes, craster, dudley, gazchap, plissken, spinglo sponglo!, squirt, zardoz)
dudley: 2 votes (mrak, runcle)
mr russ: 1 vote (goddess jasmine)
zaphod79: 2 votes (lacesensor, zaphod79)
zardoz: 1 vote (sheepeh)

Not voted: mr russ

With 20 players alive, 11 votes are required for a lynch and 15 votes for there to be no lynch.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 19:35 
Excellent Member

Craster wrote:
Not unless you've got a better choice of target, and as I stated, any of the names on my list could as easily be a misguided townie as a bad guy, except Curiosity.

No man I've got nothing more than has been presented.
I understand your stance fully now, makes sense - still niggling doubts though as has been discussed all day in circles it seems.

Havent been able to give my full attention today as I am about to hand my notice in, and its also end of year review time /real life stuff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 19:39 

Runcle wrote:
Joans wrote:
Craster wrote:
Joans wrote:

Although, to be honest, if we go after him and he is the SK, I guess I pretty much walk up to the block myself.

Ah yes, with our awesome power of one lynch a day, while every night we're being killed by the mafia and recruited by the cult.

we'll be fucke by day 4 if we kill him now. possible 6 people down from our townie numbers, maybe more depending on what are lynching is like on day 2 and 3.

And once again we're ignoring that we might lynch a mafia, the cult might try to recruit a mafia and the mafia might off a cultee.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 19:43 

Dudley wrote:
Runcle wrote:
Joans wrote:
Craster wrote:
Joans wrote:

And once again we're ignoring that we might lynch a mafia, the cult might try to recruit a mafia and the mafia might off a cultee.

Also, I may win the lottery. :)

I don't think we're ignoring it, it's just less likely than the cult being successful and the mafia killing a townie. It's all about the odds, and sheer luck. Oh hey, we're back to the lottery again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 19:44 

If we're playing it like that, why not keep Curiosity alive, then we might kill two mafia.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 19:44 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

@ Dudley: And likewise the MAfia might kill the real SK if Curiosity is lying we may lynch the real SK .;...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 19:45 

Bobbyaro wrote:
@ Dudley: And likewise the MAfia might kill the real SK if Curiosity is lying, or we may lynch the real SK .;...

fixed for clarity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 19:59 
Awesome
Yes

Ooh, all of you are buggers. Twenty hours I've been stuck under that ash out there!

A great big bloody volcano erupts, and everyone says "oh yeah, we've not seen Mr Russ" about, but no bastard actually goes and starts a search party, or comes and digs through the mountain of ash on top of my house! (Ahem - not been on the net since Tuesday, Myoptika could confirm if pushed that his PM to me has been sitting unread in his outbox if necessary).

Good job the town scribe or someone thought to jot down all your arguments on the town noticeboard though so I could catch up.

Here are my thoughts:

The main crux of today rests on whether we believe Curiosity is the Serial Killer or not. I am leaning towards believing that he IS the serial killer, but with the amount of roleblockig, protecting, mafia killing, and Seer-ing that could go on tonight, there's too much that COULD happen. I suggest we cut down on the number of potential things that we aren't sure about by killing the serial killer.

I like the idea of trusting a SK, but was it malc in the Batman game who turned out to be The Penguin after saying he would help the town? (I may be mis-remembering this, but there was someone who used this as a plea).

If we didn't know who the serial killer was, we'd be gunning light bastards trying to find out who it was and kill them, so why not now? I am going to side with those saying that we should get rid of a KNOWN bad guy. If there is the small chance that he turns out he's not the SK then what real role is he protecting by claiming SK? [vote:Curiosity]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:03 
Legendary Boogeyman

Bless you Russ.

Two more.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:07 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Craster wrote:
Not unless you've got a better choice of target, and as I stated, any of the names on my list could as easily be a misguided townie as a bad guy, except Curiosity.

Except earlier you stated that you *knew* everyone on the list was mafia

re-read page 19 :

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2091&start=540

And despite the fact that you've been quick with every other comeback it took you almost 2 hours to come up with "oh my god - Zaphod has called my bluff therefore he's "misguided"" ?

And you still didnt reply to my earlier post which asked why you claimed i changed my vote when i didnt :p

I *dont* see a no-lynch as 'my side' of the argument winning - the town need to lynch , if we dont and curio isnt the SK or he's blocked we're in the same state as if we just lynched him at the start of the day.

Again - i dont want to go over the same arguments again and again (as we've done most of the day) - right now we need the night players to come in and make their mind up

To summarise (please correct me if i'm wrong) :

Your argument :
Curio is bad therefore must die *NOW*
He's a loose cannon and has as much of a chance of killing a townie as anything else *OR* he's actually mafia and is playing us all like a fool

My argument :
Curio is bad and must die *later* , the town has much bigger concerns (namely the cult and mafia) he can die at any point

The Cult and mafia want him gone because he's dangerous to them - in some ways he's more dangerous to them than the rest of the town because hes not as easily swayed.

For the town we want as many people as possible 'fishing' for the cult leader , otherwise by about day 3 - get your robes on cause the cult will rule the world :-)

So :

We kill curio - cult and mafia probably get stronger

We kill someone else and curio and the mafia target other people - thats 3 chances of hitting the cult leader - thats the best chance we have of stopping them.

We kill someone else - mafia block curio and kill someone else - we have 2 shots at the cult leader and the mafia 'waste' their block on curio

You do seem to have changed tune from your earlier "your scum" to just about everyone who opened their mouth - why is that ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:07 

Interesting you mention GothamScum there Russ, in that game Dudley was all for keeping an evil person (himself) alive with an offer to help the town. It didn't work and he was lynched. Now he's voting for Curiosity.

Also, I'd say crux of today doesn't so much matter on whether you believe that Curiosity is the serial killer, but whether, knowing that he's a bad guy, we should try to use him to our advantage.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:08 
Awesome
Yes

I nearly wrote it in the original post, but it's mainly your arguments that convinced me.

Joans is also very convincing, but he's arguing against you!!

My main reason for choosing to kill Curiosity, whilst believing that he is the serial killer, is because he's coming across as very, very clever, and I do not trust him to play with the town, especially when he doesn't know who the town members are, and so can just as easily be swayed by mafia peoples when someone just happens to agree on a target for him to nominate.

As much as we like it, we cannot rely on him to do our bidding, no matter how much he promises.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:09 
UltraMod

Vote Update

comicalgnomes: 5 votes (bluecup, bobbyaro, curiosity, joans, kalmar)
curiosity: 9 votes (comicalgnomes, craster, dudley, gazchap, mr russ, plissken, spinglo sponglo!, squirt, zardoz)
dudley: 2 votes (mrak, runcle)
mr russ: 1 vote (goddess jasmine)
zaphod79: 2 votes (lacesensor, zaphod79)
zardoz: 1 vote (sheepeh)

Not voted

With 20 players alive, 11 votes are required for a lynch and 15 votes for there to be no lynch.

Awesome
Yes

My last post to Comical.

21 pages. :(

No we can't, but we can pull the plug at any time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:10 

My last post to Russ's post before his last one. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:10 
Awesome
Yes

I choose to pull the plug straight away. That's CONCRETE information.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:11 

It would make the game simpler I guess if we take out a variable.
[vote:Curiosity]

However I'm not happy that people who have like posted next to nothing (like Sheepeh or Squirt) have been able to fly under the radar though all this noise. Those are the people I'm watching.

UltraMod

12 hours and 50 mins left!

Mr Russ wrote:
My last post to Comical.

To save me re-reading 21 pages as my head may fall off, can you point out where Comical has argued something more convincingly than "ZOMG he's a baddie, why haven't we killed him yet"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:12 

*downloads cult application form*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:13 
Awesome
Yes

Joans wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
My last post to Comical.

To save me re-reading 21 pages as my head may fall off, can you point out where Comical has argued something more convincingly than "ZOMG he's a baddie, why haven't we killed him yet"

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&author_id=151

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:13 

The only way I can see this being to our benefit is if Curiosity is the cult leader. I guess it's possible, that he's lied to save himself, and he can at least get one recruit in and keep the cult going before we lynch him tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:14 
UltraMod

All joking aside, anyone trying to play against their win condition to get signed up for the cult will make me a bit cross.

Awesome
Yes

Sorry, that was supposed to highlight all the posts where he's mentioned Curiosity, rather than just list all of them.

Legendary Boogeyman

I've never before seen Joans & co so vehemently defend their view.

I can only assume this is because Curio is actually scum, and all those rallying to his defense are desperate to see him not lynched because it'd point large scummy arrows at them, thusly scuppering the entire game for the mafia.

If not, I'll be genuinely surprised/baffled.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:15 
Legendary Boogeyman

Also, one vote required, cheers Bluecup :kiss:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:16 

Mr Russ wrote:
Sorry, that was supposed to highlight all the posts where he's mentioned Curiosity, rather than just list all of them.

I guess it was this one, yes? http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=112475#p112475

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:16 

ComicalGnomes wrote:

I can only assume this is because Curio is actually scum, and all those rallying to his defense are desperate to see him not lynched because it'd point large scummy arrows at them, thusly scuppering the entire game for the mafia.

Well wih you being genuinely surprised/baffled and Gaz having to eat his own testicles, I'm quite looking forward to the end of this game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:17 

myoptika wrote:
All joking aside, anyone trying to play against their win condition to get signed up for the cult will make me a bit cross.

Sorry sir. :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:17 
8-Bit Champion

ComicalGnomes wrote:

Its really just down to two opposing viewpoints - neither side can really see why the other is so opposed to their view of the events.

For what its worth although both you and Cragster are auspicious I do actually think neither of you are scum because its almost too much of a tell to argue this much at the start - however I think 'our' side of the argument has lost because one more vote and its curtains for curio and at least we'll find out if he is telling the truth or not.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:18 
8-Bit Champion

zaphod79 wrote:
both you and Cragster are auspicious.

Should have read "suspicious" - damn spell checker !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:18 
Awesome
Yes

I think that even if he is telling the truth we've still killed the serial killer. That's a fucking good result for day one, comapred to lynching a random townie, and then being a man down.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:19 

ComicalGnomes wrote:

I guess I'll take this opportunity to point out that I won't be around much tomorrow, so if I'm still alive I won't be vehemently defending my views much. Don't want you to all think I've gone into hiding because Curiosity has been outed as scum or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:20 

Mr Russ wrote:
I think that even if he is telling the truth we've still killed the serial killer. That's a fucking good result for day one, comapred to lynching a random townie, and then being a man down.

It's a fantastic result for day 1, but what exactly do we do for day 2 onwards. We're getting picked off by the cult and the mafia and we've only got 1 lynch per day to do something about it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:21 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Russ wrote:

Thats pretty much what all the arguments are about - I dont think it is - i'd rather "know" where the SK is and that we have at least a chance of battling the cult and mafia by going for someone else - I dont see why its as important to kill the SK (who's standing in the middle of the room with a noose around his neck) when we have other fish to fry :-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:22 
Legendary Boogeyman

Joans wrote:
It's a fantastic result for day 1, but what exactly do we do for day 2 onwards. We're getting picked off by the cult and the mafia and we've only got 1 lynch per day to do something about it.

That IS how it's supposed to be, Joans.

In my game had the SK revealed themselves and started going on with this 'helping the town' bollocks, I'd have modkilled for playing against win condition. Admiting who you are assures your death at some point, and that isn't the idea.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:26 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Joans wrote:

In my game had the SK revealed themselves and started going on with this 'helping the town' bollocks, I'd have modkilled for playing against win condition. Admiting who you are assures your death at some point, and that isn't the idea.

I wouldn't say he was playing against his win condition. He was on the edge of death with zero chance of winning. Claiming gave him a 1% chance of winning. Better than nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:27 

Ah, so we're killing him in the interests of fairness. Why didn't you say so hours ago?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:27 
Legendary Boogeyman

Joans wrote:
Ah, so we're killing him in the interests of fairness. Why didn't you say so hours ago?

What?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:29 
baron of techno

zaphod79 wrote:

You do seem to have changed tune from your earlier "your scum" to just about everyone who opened their mouth - why is that ?

Perhaps because someone noticed he'd included a verifiable role townie on his hit-list..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:29 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Joans wrote:

What?

We're killing him because you don't think it's fair that the town should have the chance to use the SK as an extra weapon (albeit an unpredictable one). You said the town is only supposed to get one kill per day, so I guess you're just trying to be fair to the cult and mafia?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:30 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Joans wrote:

Err, what? Is there a script I missed somewhere? You are sounding like a cultist!! When CG says foretold, it's time to get him! :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:31 
baron of techno

ComicalGnomes wrote:

Err, admitting who he was assured his survival for half a day extra, which is presumably the idea. I fail to see how this was playing against the rules at all, but personally I'll leave it up to the admin :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:31 
Legendary Boogeyman

Joans wrote:
We're killing him because you don't think it's fair that the town should have the chance to use the SK as an extra weapon (albeit an unpredictable one). You said the town is only supposed to get one kill per day, so I guess you're just trying to be fair to the cult and mafia?

Gibberish. You were somehow inferring that without the SK the town suddenly has no chance, whereas actually they have a much better chance than they would if Curiosity hadn't claimed to be the SK and started all this 'I'll help you' nonsense. Assuming we kill him, obv.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:33 
UltraMod

Just to clear it up, Curiosity has not broken any rules of the game, in letter or spirit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:34 

See, you're saying it again, but I've never seen you give any reasoning for it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 20:34 
Legendary Boogeyman

myoptika wrote:
Just to clear it up, Curiosity has not broken any rules of the game, in letter or spirit.

I never said he had. I was talking speculatively about my old game, not your current one. S'all down you to myp.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next