Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 2
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 20:46 
Excellent Member

Stuart Lee looks very pleased with himself there.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 21:05 

kalmar wrote:

The woman on the left looks like she is wearing a pair of normal knickers undr a pair of those giant Marks and Spenders 'super control front knickers with hidden tummy panel' that are always alongside the till.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 21:06 

Also, nice bling.

;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 0:28 
Kindly deeds done for free

kalmar wrote:

Katie Puckrik :luv: :luv:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 0:33 
Skillmeister

:this:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 15:26 
Gogmagog

Crikey. This new telly is excellent. COD4 looks amazing in 1080. Looking forward to trying the rest.

Watching TdF atm, just been crash over a roundabout.

Also, this morning, I saw "Man on Wire" which I recommend as it is brilliant. Bonus points for the man 2 seats down cracking open a bottle of red wine at 1045am.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 15:47 
Chinny chin chin

Jesuslaptop Pro arriving Monday so I can work away from the office. Found a refurb model on the Apple site which knocked 200 quid off. Also hope to get further money back by flogging this laptop.

And no I can't really afford it, but since an editor will cost me £300 a day upwards if I get 1 day done each weekend over the next month then it's paid for itself.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 15:48 

tossrStu wrote:
kalmar wrote:

Katie Puckrik :luv: :luv:

I saw her, pre-Word, as a dancer on the 1991 Pet Shop Boys tour. In the subsequent book about the US leg of the tour, there was a quote from Liza Minnelli complaining about the revealing nature of some of the costumes, saying something like "no one wants to see Katie's pubes!".

I think this thread goes some way towards proving her wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:30 
Skillmeister

I'd like that as the tag strap to this site. "BETEO: going some way towards proving Liza Minelli wrong"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:53 
Honey Boo Boo

My DS's battery light has just gone to red, and I've a further two hours in work. Grrrr!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 17:06 
Best
Board Mother

Mimi wrote:
Aaaaahhhhrgghrgghh!

Really araraggghhh arrargghh arrrrghggh!

Annoying stupid stupid printer of utter stupidity - why why why?!

*sob*

:this: >:(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 17:46 

MetalAngel wrote:
My DS's battery light has just gone to red, and I've a further two hours in work. Grrrr!

2 thoughts

1) With screen brightness on min it'll probably survive that long.

2) You're not going to get huge sympathy for not being able to play DS games at work for a whole hour :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 17:54 
Honey Boo Boo

I know, I know... do I get sympathy for the fact that I am currently on day 6 of 11 consecutive days in work? And that during the weekdays I don't finish until 9pm?

EDIT: Never mind! My lovely colleague has just arrived and given me her charger to use. In 15 or so minutes I can resume ending the world with me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 19:54 
Legendary Boogeyman

Fun. I just called sky to cancel my subscription. I'm not overly keen to cancel, but I'd also be happy to see the channels gone so they don't distract me as much.

As I'd hoped, they started offering me free stuff. First they offered me a Sky+ box for just £50, and when I said 'no thanks, I won't use it', they offered it for free, so I agreed. They're also installing it for free and I'm under no obligation to keep it, I can still cancel at any time. Sounds good to me.

If you have had sky for more than 12 months, I recommend giving them a call and going through the motions, sounding very reluctant to keep your sub. Also, since I was on hold for 25 minutes, I further recommend you use the geographical customer service number provided c/o saynoto0870.com :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 20:40 
lazy eye patch

I've just learned that the fellow who played Buffalo Bill in 'Silence of the Lambs', Ted Levine, also plays Stottlemeyer, the boss of Monk on the TV series 'Monk'. I am most familiar with both, and so, my mind is severely blown today, yo.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 23:52 
Time Out for Fun

whats robotron like? I know I could download the xbla demo and also put in the 25 digit code for my free voucher but I fancy being cabbaged until the album Im listening to is finished. If it sounds like Ill like it Ill download the demo but if it doesnt I might put it up for a prize on the forum. cue massive 'its shit put it up for competition for this thing im mint at' or something.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 23:55 
lazy eye patch

Robotron is Top Bollocks / The Tits, and I do heartily recommend it. Not only because (pre-friends list wipe) I was #1 on the leaderboards. Being better than RevStu at it (according to the leaderboards) is most gratifying ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 0:54 
Skillmeister

Unfortunately RevStu has almost doubled your score on my leaderboards.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:03 
lazy eye patch

What? THIS CANNOT DO. Must be recent. Perhaps out of ire at seeing that flouncer CUS beating him. Said Titler, good-naturedly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:12 
That Rev Chap

My wife made a teddy bear based on plans Mimi posted for her.

His name is Homer.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:21 

Aaw, I am glad she liked the pattern!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:26 
Honey Boo Boo

His sparkly nose charms me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:29 
Excellent Member

CUS wrote:
Oh, in *their* names? Oh, sigh.

@nervouspete: that would be the album she's recorded with 4AD artist M. Ward, after he was impressed with her voice in the movie Elf? There are two pages about in the newest issue of either The Word* or Mojo.

* my favourite music mag, and sir, if ever there was a magazine that seems perfect for the nervouspetes of the world, it'd be this one.

Forgot to reply to this. Hmm, The Word is the best music mag, and I did really enjoy it when it first came out, now though, not so much.

Y'see it's caught that dread disease of Uncutitis. Though not as bad as Uncut, it's beginning to do a wee too many features on boring old white men like Paul Weller, or interviews with boring old white men talking about boring dead white men. The Humphrey Lyttleton obit was pretty wonderful though, and he is excepted from the above rule. But still, I think there should be a law forbidding music mags from talking about the following:

Bob Dylan
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
The Eagles
Bruce Springsteen
Paul fucking Weller
The Who
The Beatles
The Rolling Cocking Stones
Jimi Hendrix
The Jam
Elton John
Pink Floyd
Radiohead
U2
The Doors
Led Zeppelin
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

I except David Bowie because I usually find something highly amusing about in a feature.

If music mags were forced to ignore the above then we might get some decent journalism for once, rather than reheated old articles, glaringly obvious 'buy the new book I've released!' teasers and tedious collect 'em all varient covers 'n' articles for collector arseholes. There's a bajillion great bands out there they're not talking about because they're catering to lazy people and can't be arsed to try and think of new things to write about.

Music journalists are largely scum, and the editorial slant racist and sexist. /important hat and pipe.

I do like their actual reviews and regulars, like the Top 20/Bad 20 and 'Hey Famous People tell us Things You Like!' stuff. Now if they can only stop giving Paul Weller a page every time he releases a 'Last year's Paul Weller album was a bit mediocre, but this is a storming return to form!' rated album.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 13:00 
Gogmagog

nervouspete wrote:
CUS wrote:
Oh, in *their* names? Oh, sigh.

@nervouspete: that would be the album she's recorded with 4AD artist M. Ward, after he was impressed with her voice in the movie Elf? There are two pages about in the newest issue of either The Word* or Mojo.

* my favourite music mag, and sir, if ever there was a magazine that seems perfect for the nervouspetes of the world, it'd be this one.

Forgot to reply to this. Hmm, The Word is the best music mag, and I did really enjoy it when it first came out, now though, not so much.

Y'see it's caught that dread disease of Uncutitis. Though not as bad as Uncut, it's beginning to do a wee too many features on boring old white men like Paul Weller, or interviews with boring old white men talking about boring dead white men. The Humphrey Lyttleton obit was pretty wonderful though, and he is excepted from the above rule. But still, I think there should be a law forbidding music mags from talking about the following:

Bob Dylan
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
The Eagles
Bruce Springsteen
Paul fucking Weller
The Who
The Beatles
The Rolling Cocking Stones
Jimi Hendrix
The Jam
Elton John
Pink Floyd
Radiohead
U2
The Doors
Led Zeppelin
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

I except David Bowie because I usually find something highly amusing about in a feature.

If music mags were forced to ignore the above then we might get some decent journalism for once, rather than reheated old articles, glaringly obvious 'buy the new book I've released!' teasers and tedious collect 'em all varient covers 'n' articles for collector arseholes. There's a bajillion great bands out there they're not talking about because they're catering to lazy people and can't be arsed to try and think of new things to write about.

What about 'The Travelling Wilburys' then? eh?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 13:05 
That Rev Chap

I agree with nervouspete. Uncut started out ace and I subscribed for a bit, but there just seems to be a set of "legends" who are in a strict cover story rotation. The Word's been like that for a while, too. I just see some boring old fart on the covers and give them a miss.

I read the NME every week for ten years, then only now and again when I lived abroad, then read it for a year or two after I got back to this country, but now I find the number of words in it has decreased dramatically and the words that are in their are in some foreign language I no longer understand.

These days I only find out about new music from iTunes and flicking through the music channels on Sky when I'm bored.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 13:07 
lazy eye patch

The Rev Owen wrote:
I agree with nervouspete. Uncut started out ace and I subscribed for a bit, but there just seems to be a set of "legends" who are in a strict cover story rotation. The Word's been like that for a while, too. I just see some boring old fart on the covers and give them a miss.

I agree regarding Uncut. However, I'm amused that you are literally judging a book by its cover ;)

So, do you only buy games based on the cover art?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 13:14 
Excellent Painter

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Fun. I just called sky to cancel my subscription. I'm not overly keen to cancel, but I'd also be happy to see the channels gone so they don't distract me as much.

As I'd hoped, they started offering me free stuff. First they offered me a Sky+ box for just £50, and when I said 'no thanks, I won't use it', they offered it for free, so I agreed. They're also installing it for free and I'm under no obligation to keep it, I can still cancel at any time. Sounds good to me.

If you have had sky for more than 12 months, I recommend giving them a call and going through the motions, sounding very reluctant to keep your sub. Also, since I was on hold for 25 minutes, I further recommend you use the geographical customer service number provided c/o saynoto0870.com :)

Hmmm, I may employ this tactic as our sub is up soon now. I'd dearly love to bin the sodding internet connection I have with them, however, as it is inconsistent at best and brokenly slow at worse. What's freesat like?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 13:25 
That Rev Chap

CUS wrote:
The Rev Owen wrote:

I agree regarding Uncut. However, I'm amused that you are literally judging a book by its cover ;)

So, do you only buy games based on the cover art?

No, but I do judge a magazine by the articles listed on the cover.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 15:09 

Greatest boxart ever?

Also, greatest RTS character ever? That's an armoured fighting bear people.

She's an elite psionic Japanese schoolgirl commando. Video.

Source.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 15:16 
Honey Boo Boo

richardgaywood wrote:
Greatest boxart ever?

(stunning Russian filth)

(impossible Japanese hotness)

She's an elite psionic Japanese schoolgirl commando.

*masturbates furiously*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 15:24 

15:16 Email from housemate to say that the couriers had been around to pick up my broken computer

15:18 Email from my mother, at the other end of the country, to say that couriers had been around to pick up my broken computer.

I guess they had to cover all their bases...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 16:11 
Hibernating Druid

You had 2 broken PCs or has your working PC has been carted off too?

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 16:21 

Just one broken one. In two locations, in seems. Write your own joke about the Copenhagen School of Quantuum physics...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 18:12 
Paws for thought

I hope it was in one of those locations, rather than with you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 19:48 

OH NO!

I have been cooking my baked potato for an hour and a half, and I went to take it out and it seems I did not put the oven on 200 degrees - I put it on 60 degrees.

Barely warm, raw potato.

Yum. :'(

I best have a quick pizza :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 22:23 

My girlfriend is going to house-sit a giant, err, house in rural Ireland for a week in August.

Unfortunately, I can't arrange plans to come too, as the owners have loads of pet cats, and some horses in the stables that need feeding and caring-for. Guess who's massively allergic to cats and horses? :spew: :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 22:44 
Skillmeister

Take a dog and deeply inhale from its fur as you walk past the cats and horses. The dog pollen will chase all other animal pollen out of your body.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 22:49 

*Crawls out from under rock*
There's a new X-Files movie?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 23:29 

Dimrill wrote:
Take a dog and deeply inhale from its fur as you walk past the cats and horses. The dog pollen will chase all other animal pollen out of your body.

Guess who's terribly phobic of dogs, due to bad childhood experiences with his grandmothers pets?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 23:31 
lazy eye patch

Prince Harry?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 23:43 
baron of techno

:DD

Take Prince Harry?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 23:53 

In the naivety of his youth, he never suspected that Corgis could be so savage!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 0:50 
Skillmeister

Or inspect gas meters.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:41 
Gogmagog

Awoke 40 mins ago.

Feels like someone is inside my chest, constricting my airways. I have a very runny nose and a tummy ache due to snot being in my tummy. I've taken an antihistimine and feel shitty.

Current suspects are:

The Chile con carne a la Mali i had last night
Red wine.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:27 

Check your flat for any dead facehuggers, you don't have much time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:35 
Excellent Painter

MaliA wrote:
Awoke 40 mins ago.

Feels like someone is inside my chest, constricting my airways. I have a very runny nose and a tummy ache due to snot being in my tummy. I've taken an antihistimine and feel shitty.

Current suspects are:

The Chile con carne a la Mali i had last night
Red wine.

Apart from the runny nose, those could be symptoms of red wine allergy, funnily enough. I reckon you have the dreaded summer lurgy. Have you been snogging the Gaywood? He has it too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:09 

Lotus have properly, properly unveiled their 'Project Eagle' car this morning and it is to be called the Lotus Evora. Daft name aside, I would very much like one if either Father Christmas or Grim... are reading?

http://www.lotusevora.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:12 
INFINITE POWAH

"True character in a faceless world", says car manufacturer making yet another car that looks like an Elise.

They have also failed to capitalise on the in-car wash and blow-dryer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:27 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Uh - why didn't they just call it the Eagle?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 13:25 

Craster wrote:
Uh - why didn't they just call it the Eagle?

Why didn't Nintendo just call the Wii, the Revolution?

Who knows what the fuck goes on in the minds of marketing people.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 60  Next