YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN!
Bits and Bobs 33
The highest degree in Masonry
Page 34 of 60 [ 2974 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 60
MaliA wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
MaliA wrote:
So, we paid the letting agent a security bond for previous house. This went into a deposit protection scheme. The deposit protection scheme thinks this amount is £50 less than what we paid. I've emailed the landlord, asking him if I should contact them about this error.

Isn't that illegal, not putting the full amount in I mean.

I don't know, to be honest. I'm not surprised, but an MP is going to get an email. Possibly the Telegraph and Argus as well.

Turns out that is was a mistake on behalf of the agent that was rectified a couple of days later. MrsA spoke to the landlord and he wasn't terribly happy over my email, but tehse things happen.
Just setup my new online account for my new credit card. Slightly taking the piss when it comes to account security!

10 digit randomly generated account ID
8-16 digit password (with accompanying rules on acceptable passwords)
5 digit passcode (with accompanying rules on acceptable passcodes)
2-64 character pass phrase
choose a picture out of a list
3 memorable questions

So i've done the only sensible option to give me any chance of remembering all that, I've written down all the answers on a piece of paper...
Trooper wrote:
So i've done the only sensible option to give me any chance of remembering all that, I've written down all the answers on a piece of paper...

Don't forget to put them on a post it note next to your computer!
There's 47 days between Ash Wednesday and Easter Sunday. This is because Sundays don't count. Things I learn at work...
What a thoroughly lovely day. Beaming sunshine, cool breeze and happy, half naked students roaming the halls.
DavPaz wrote:
What a thoroughly lovely day. Beaming sunshine, cool breeze and happy, half naked students roaming the halls.

It's overcast here, but I'm going for a curry in 20 minutes.

Forecast accuracy is good, and everyone is pleased.
Mr Russell wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Don't forget to put them on a post it note next to your computer!

Good point, otherwise I would lose the bit of paper. I've labelled it "bank account details" so I don't forget what they are.

Seriously though, it's a credit card account, what's the worse that could happen? Somebody changes my direct debit payment details?
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Just looking out the window and saying it is overcast, isn't a forecast dude...
I've just eaten a slice of cake that someone made and brought in. Chocolate and courgette 8) it was really nice.
Trooper wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Depends how far he can see.
Zardoz wrote:
Trooper wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Depends how far he can see.

I can't see as far as Horsforth.
I feel perhaps the most relaxed and content that I have done for a while, you know. Must be the change in environment.
What about Hawsforth?
Zardoz wrote:
I've just eaten a slice of cake that someone made and brought in. Chocolate and courgette 8) it was really nice.

Mrs T used to make crazy shit like that on her uni course (nutrition degree). I always found them nice enough, but never as good as a proper cake.
Curry was very good, it was the place (where Rick Stein went). I had a japatty (which is a type of bread)instead of cutlery. I had a dopiaza, three bits of japatty and a poppadom. It was £5.80
japatty? Don't you mean chapati?
Yeah, a japatty sounds like some kind of racist McDonalds special.
And it didn't come on a plate! It was a strange cupped receptacle called a pohl.
Jap pâté?
See, I'd pronounce that Jayp Pait.
Haha, japatty. I love how MaliA took our uncultured hands and guided us with "which is a type of bread".

:DD
Dimrill wrote:

See, I'd pronounce that Juh AY(!) pp AY(!) tuh.
It is pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove".
Dimrill wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

See, I'd pronounce that Juh AY(!) pp AY(!) tuh.

See, I'd pronounce that juh URGH ah yuh phhhp ah yuh tchooghhhghgh.
:cthulhu:
Japatty is phonetic Indian flat bread, as any fule no.
Dimrill wrote:
japatty? Don't you mean chapati?

No it was made from raw fish.
Curry for lunch and curry for dinner and several beers whilst eavesdropping on business conversations makes me happy. MrsA, less so.
Warhead wrote:
Japatty is phonetic Indian flat bread, as any fule no.

This, basically. I've never had one before, and I didn't look at the menu and that is how it was said. I know it as roti, but northern accents are still odd to me. I'm pleased I caused some amusement, anyway.
Japatanese business men?
Trooper wrote:
Just setup my new online account for my new credit card. Slightly taking the piss when it comes to account security!

10 digit randomly generated account ID
8-16 digit password (with accompanying rules on acceptable passwords)
5 digit passcode (with accompanying rules on acceptable passcodes)
2-64 character pass phrase
choose a picture out of a list
3 memorable questions

... and it turns out after all that, that i'm going to cancel that card anyway, as I have found a better one that will give me more cashback over a year! :D
I also find northern accents amusing
MaliA wrote:
Curry for lunch and curry for dinner and several beers whilst eavesdropping on business conversations makes me happy. MrsA, less so.

Why does MrsA make you less happy?
Curiosity wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Why does MrsA make you less happy?

I've been somewhat flatulent as a result.
You're flatulent as a result of MrsA?
Craster wrote:
You're flatulent as a result of MrsA?

"Healthy food week" she calls it. Hence my, heh, dirty protest today.
Hey, Big Z! BeeXpedition to Yorkshire Three Peaks when we've enough light?

EDIT: Post April 1st.
Yeah, been meaning to do this. I think Pupil talked about this at the last Tinkers meet too.

We might have to carry MarkG though.
My man flu (cold) has subsided so I can actually breath!
Zardoz wrote:
Yeah, been meaning to do this. I think Pupil talked about this at the last Tinkers meet too.

We might have to carry MarkG though.

Excellent. I'll get some practice in. MrsA has been making noises about purchasing a tent slightly larger than my £12.99 LIDL one, and we intend to go to the Lakes over weekends a fair bit soon. When were you planning Tinkers 2012? i'd love to come, but am busy over August Bank Holiday.
He'll wait until the BeexBeeQueue is organised, then arrange it for that weekend.
:this:
MaliA wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
When were you planning Tinkers 2012? i'd love to come, but am busy over August Bank Holiday.

It won't be August Bank Holiday, it gets a bit silly up there that weekend. We've normally gone late Aug / early Sep.

You have to have a Techno Tent if you want to go now, it's how we roll.
dashes in
*waves

I've been insanely busy recently, new years resolution was to walk the dogs whatever the weather and eat proper food rather than snacks at my desk all day and dinner at night and it's eating up my internet time.

dashes back out
Weather looks decent enough at the weeknd so I've cancelled the day trip to York and, instead, going to go over to Malham Tarn for a walk and stuff like that. The beer siren is only one hour and thirty eight minutes away.
I went to the supermarket earlier. It's half-term. Never have I wanted to kill some many children. I got walked into about half a dozen times, and then in the queue for the check-outs there was lots of screaming going on, I got my foot stepped on twice, I got head butted in the arse, I got elbowed in the thigh...

This hi-vis vest clearly doesn't work and I should try being generally less invisible and small. OH WAIT. Fuckers.
Maybe they thought you were the lollipop lady?
Zardoz wrote:

It is Flis , perhaps they were just trying to make her swear loudly at them.
zaphod79 wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

It is Flis , perhaps they were just trying to make her swear loudly at them.

All I could manage was a scowl. The offending 'child' was quickly shepherded away by its 'mother'. She well gave me a look too...
flis wrote:
I went to the supermarket earlier. It's half-term. Never have I wanted to kill some many children. I got walked into about half a dozen times, and then in the queue for the check-outs there was lots of screaming going on, I got my foot stepped on twice, I got head butted in the arse, I got elbowed in the thigh...

This hi-vis vest clearly doesn't work and I should try being generally less invisible and small. OH WAIT. Fuckers.

:( I get this all of the time. Every time I go out someone walks through me. I think I am the most invisible person in the world :'(

*hugs Flis*
Page 34 of 60 [ 2974 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 60

Active Topics