YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN!
Bits and Bobs 30
XXX
Page 53 of 60 [ 2972 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 60
A white hole?
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
kalmar wrote:
Oh dear, looks like another cake contest at work. I did quite well last time, but had to borrow inspiration from here.

A unicorn?

A fairy cake?

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
kalmar wrote:
Oh dear, looks like another cake contest at work. I did quite well last time, but had to borrow inspiration from here.

A unicorn?

Correct answer. Well, that, or an Eskimimi.

edit: LOLZ at Zardoz.
A ginger cake?

kalmar wrote:

I present to you... inspiration.

Attachment:
IMG_2443.JPG
Mmm... toxic-y
A rose with a thorn?
Richard Blackwood
Zardoz wrote:
A ginger cake?

Carrot cake, fool.
Richard Gaywood.

Aaaand.. relax.
I've decided that Adventure Time is the greatest cartoon series ever made.
Zardoz wrote:
I've decided that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the greatest cartoon series ever made.

I knew it!
Bit of a mixed bag so far today...I have a day off so naturally I was up at 5:20am to go to the gym, passed 3 of my work mates on the way back at 7:40am :D I'd forgotten I even had today off until Saturday night so they were probably wondering where I was going, especially as I had to drive passed our site on the way home. Did a bit of housework and then popped out to the chemist, which is when my day got worse.

Some mental tiny woman reversed her bigass Mitsubishi saloon car right into me while I was driving along.

Attachment:
Bash1.jpg

Looks pretty bad :S Quite a bit of damage to the rear door. The only damage to her car was the fact my paint was on her bumper and one of the caps that covers fixing/parking sensor holes was twisted half off. She admitted fault, too right, I couldn't get out of the way for a start. Bit annoying that it's happened within 4 weeks of passing my test, it automatically looks bad on me but it could've happened to anyone I guess.

Attachment:
Bash2.jpg

She got out of her car before I did and I was crazy mad (I may have slight anger issues sometimes) but I kept my cool. I think she shit herself a bit when I got out, 6' tall and looking like I wanted to murder someone....Rang the office and I've got to go in tomorrow and fill in some forms, then take it to the body shop to get a quote.

So anyway...came home, cut the youngest boys hair, sent the eldest one off out on the bus to see his mates, fed the youngest and now we're playing MW2.

Zardoz wrote:

I really like Chowder, that's pretty random too and The Adventures of Flapjack. I'm pretty sure the tv shows that were on when I was little weren't as much complete nonsense as some of the ones on now! But then, to a child, they're probably sensible.
Chowder is awesome....

Bad luck about the motor
It's because your car is red, everyone knows that red cars have more accidents.
Bummer :(
Wait a minute, you were driving to the gym at 5.20 AM? What the hell, woman?
kalmar wrote:

Not quite, I was driving to the gym at about 5:40! I have to go be there by 6am because I need to be on my way to work by 7:30am. Today I had to be back home before rush hour started and before Ramsea went to work, going after work isn't really an option every day as I wouldn't get home until about 7, which is way past feeding time for the children! And I have to drive because we live over 20 miles from the gym I use!
Sorry to hear about that, Flis.

At least no one was hurt though.

Yeah, Chowder and Regular Show are good but Adventure Time seems like it was made for me.
flis wrote:
kalmar wrote:

Not quite, I was driving to the gym at about 5:40! I have to go be there by 6am because I need to be on my way to work by 7:30am. Today I had to be back home before rush hour started and before Ramsea went to work, going after work isn't really an option every day as I wouldn't get home until about 7, which is way past feeding time for the children! And I have to drive because we live over 20 miles from the gym I use!

rush hour? isle of man? Really?

Also, glad you are okay. Word to the wise; company car + someone else's fault = not worth getting upset about.
Bobbyaro wrote:

Hey, when all eight car meet at the one set of traffic lights it can get pretty hectic.
Squirt wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:

Hey, when all eight car meet at the one set of traffic lights it can get pretty hectic.

Zardoz wrote:
Yeah, Chowder and Regular Show are good but Adventure Time seems like it was made for me.

Are you my kids?

Sorry to hear about your crash Flis

Malc
My girlfriends daughter is 7, so I get to watch a lot of cartoons, but the disney ones with people in need to die in a fire. Pair of kings and all of them like that
KovacsC wrote:
My girlfriends daughter is 7, so I get to watch a lot of cartoons, but the disney ones with people in need to die in a fire. Pair of kings and all of them like that

One of the guys from Pair of Kings really did die in a fire.

Harsh, dude.
EXCITING EMPLOYMENT LAW NEWS WITH STATISTICS!

Quote:
The ET and EAT statistics for 2010-2011 have been published and can be found here.

They show an 8% fall in claims received when compared with 2010 but a 9% rise in the number of cases disposed of. The number of single claims received has fallen 15% and the number of multiple claims has fallen 4%.

Whilst the number of unfair dismissal and redundancy pay claims has fallen slightly, claims under the Part Time Workers (Prevention of Less Favourable Treatment) Regulations almost trebled and Age Discrimination claims have risen 32%.

With regard to compensation, the median award for unfair dismissal was £4,591. The medians for discrimination claims were around £5,000-£6,500 (excluding age where the median award was £12,697). The highest award for unfair dismissal was £181,754. This is in excess of the statutory cap and it is likely that the dismissal was related to a complaint of whistleblowing or health and safety. The highest award for discrimination was £289,167 (sex) compared with £729,347 (disability) in 2009-2010.

The statistics also reveal a slight increase in the number of appeals received by the EAT, while the number of appeals disposed of at a full hearing fell by comparison with 2009-2010.
Sorry to hear about the car, Flis, I'm sure it'll be OK in the end.
Malc wrote:
Are you my kids?

Yes. Buy me a PS3 and some Lego.
Bobbyaro wrote:

Also, glad you are okay. Word to the wise; company car + someone else's fault = not worth getting upset about.

It's all relative dude! The time of the day when roads are busiest is still a pain. Especially when you get stuck behind idiots doing 25mph in the fog because they're belms. No fun at all. But yeah, whatevs.

Thanks guys, it's just the annoyance factor, the despair at other people and the fact it was so unavoidably not my fault but I'll still have to justify it to everyone. Admittedly, the annoyance is minimal because it's not my problem to sort out....My first thought was "omg, Big G is going to kill me" which was quickly followed by "I wonder if he'll get me a Scirocco now..." HR girl actually said to me "Just be thankful the boss is on holiday". Urgh.
Need pics of HR girl
MaliA wrote:
Need pics of HR girl

Um...I really don't think you do. Ramsea will confirm.
flis wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:

It's all relative dude! The time of the day when roads are busiest is still a pain. Especially when you get stuck behind idiots doing 25mph in the fog because they're belms. No fun at all. But yeah, whatevs.

Thanks guys, it's just the annoyance factor, the despair at other people and the fact it was so unavoidably not my fault but I'll still have to justify it to everyone. Admittedly, the annoyance is minimal because it's not my problem to sort out....My first thought was "omg, Big G is going to kill me" which was quickly followed by "I wonder if he'll get me a Scirocco now..." HR girl actually said to me "Just be thankful the boss is on holiday". Urgh.

You shouldn't have to justify it to anyway, the damage is quite clearly on the side of the car, so unless you have magic wheels that allow you to go sideways there is no way you could be at fault. I had this when a teenager ran into the side of my car, yes the side. His parents were convinced it was as much my fault, go figure.
Did you hand brake turn into him?

:DD
Got a call from the woman insurers....

"Hi, we will repair your car free of charge and give you one to drive in the meantime".

8)

I'm shocked by the speed and ease of the resolution of this. Told him I'd get HR girl to call him and sort it out, pleased with that outcome! :DD
flis wrote:
Got a call from the woman insurers....

"Hi, we will repair your car free of charge and give you one to drive in the meantime".

8)

I'm shocked by the speed and ease of the resolution of this.

You're new to this, aren't you. Good luck though, you never know ;)
5 boxes packed. I'm very happy to say that all the DVDs and console games fit into fewer boxes than the books did from the living room. Should be done by Thursday night, then I can spend Friday chilling out a bit, in preparation for the trip.

I also found time to make a moussaka, which will be ready in a a bit. Yum yum.
TheVision wrote:
In other news... Does anyone fancy coming to see Motley Crue, Def Leppard and Steel Panther with me at the LG Arena?

Where is that arena? I fancy seeing Motley Crue and Def Leppard.
Has anyone else who has Sky found that their box has now decided that Yorkshire TV is the best TV to watch? And how do I make this different? Is it because I've told them we're moving?
Zardoz wrote:

Hey, I literally watched that for the first time last night! I love it! Only watched the witch's garden one, but I loved it!

It has actually just finished [purchasing - Ed] now.

Want to start watching Sym-bionic Titan, too. This all started when I went on a Samurai Jack kick on Saturday. Cartoons~!
It's in Birmingham... Further details can be found here http://www.lgarena.co.uk/

I'd like to go but I don't have anyone to go with. This doesn't bother me massively as I don't mind going on my own but I thought I'd open it out to the forum. :metul:
MaliA wrote:
Has anyone else who has Sky found that their box has now decided that Yorkshire TV is the best TV to watch? And how do I make this different? Is it because I've told them we're moving?

I think sky link your channel options to the postcode on your account, so this sounds probable. I also think it's probably difficult to change the default, but the other channels are there.
My brain just broke.
It's bigger on the inside.
throughsilver wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Hey, I literally watched that for the first time last night! I love it! Only watched the witch's garden one, but I loved it!

Want to start watching Sym-bionic Titan, too. This all started when I went on a Samurai Jack kick on Saturday. Cartoons~!

You're in for a treat with Adventure Time.

I binged on Samurai Jack when we first had Sky installed, never seen it repeated either.
Zardoz wrote:
throughsilver wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

You're in for a treat with Adventure Time.

I binged on Samurai Jack when we first had Sky installed, never seen it repeated either.

I actually bought the first three seasons of Samurai Jack on DVD, years ago. Never watched them. I should really back them up. Nothing will compare to the time I first saw it, stoned and aged 20. I think he was on an underwater trek, and ended up in a bubble or something. No speech for absolutely ages. Gorgeous, it was.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
MaliA wrote:

I think sky link your channel options to the postcode on your account, so this sounds probable. I also think it's probably difficult to change the default, but the other channels are there.

Thank you.

In a bizarre gravity related incident, the box containing the 'ornamental' wooden ducks MrsA's mother loves to buy us, as she knows I'm particularly fond of them, seems to have fallen down the stairs.And then returned to the top and dropped again. Twice.
I've just seen 'It Came from the Nightosphere'.

It's the pinnacle of human artistic achievement.
throughsilver wrote:
I've just seen 'It Came from the Nightosphere'.

It's the pinnacle of human artistic achievement.

Moreso than Pizza rolls?
I consider human artistic achievement a separate realm to human culinary achievement.

But yes.
throughsilver wrote:
I consider human artistic achievement a separate realm to human culinary achievement.

I'm a sucker for folded cheese
*unzips*
Page 53 of 60 [ 2972 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 60

Active Topics