Coma-inducing.
:DD

We carried on until 4am. :metul:
Things I need to hire this van:

Passport, driving licence paper bit.

Things I can't find:

Passport, driving licence paper bit.
I literally have nothing to say today.

Apart from to say that I have nothing to say.

And to say "Apart from to say that I have nothing to say."

And to say "And to say "Apart from to say that I have nothing to say.""

Obv.
I really don't want to be in work, got 3 urgent solutions to do, but no motivation to do any...
I still hate my job, had no success in getting a new one and have zero motivation to put up with the idiots that surround me all day.

In other news... Does anyone fancy coming to see Motley Crue, Def Leppard and Steel Panther with me at the LG Arena?
Are we aware of this yet? http://www.gigaliving.com/ It is vaguely relevant to our interests.
Also #gigaliving, for snark.
It's utter, utter brilliance.
On weird news, 5 months since my BS flare up, bloods are normal and I am off meds again...

I am being refereed by my GP for tests.
Pft... I've been gigaliving for years.

*browses internet*
kalmar wrote:
Are we aware of this yet? http://www.gigaliving.com/ It is vaguely relevant to our interests.

Soooo many blog posts with no comments :0)
Passport found!

Counterpart still MIA and Old Man Afterthought has just phoned me saying "My bicycle has arrived but the handlebars aren't attached to the frame, there's something that looks like a condom on the end of the stem".
kalmar wrote:

Isn't gigaliving something that bands do?
kalmar wrote:

My word... he's hilarious!
Mrs T and I joined The National Trust yesterday! Gosh, we are getting old...

Mainly because we wanted something to do on Sunday, and it was either Warwick Castle or Waddesdon Manor. Waddesdon won out, but at £34 to go in for the both of us, it seemed better value to join the NT at £55 for the year, so we got a "bargain" :D

It was nice enough, but got absolutely fucking drenched walking back to the car! :DD
kalmar wrote:

Much as I am loathe to join in the rllmuk equivalent of a mob kicking a puppy merely for existing... he really doesn't help himself, does he?
Trooper wrote:

Mainly because we wanted something to do on Sunday, and it was either Warwick Castle or Waddesdon Manor. Waddesdon won out, but at £34 to go in for the both of us, it seemed better value to join the NT at £55 for the year, so we got a "bargain" :D

It was nice enough, but got absolutely fucking drenched walking back to the car! :DD

We joined English Heritage for that reason :)
Trooper wrote:

MrsA and I have been members for a while now. We often go to Waddesdon for a walk about the grounds, and have a look at the aviary, before having a cup of tea.

Claydon is also very nice place to look around. And Stowe Landscape Gardens remains on of my favorite places on this earth.

Jeez, makes us sound really old, doesn't it?
Counterpart found! I can relax again now, and await the arrival of my £50 of cardboard boxes which I'm still bitter about. Old Man Afterthough has somehow assembledhis bike (A Dawes Discover 201, with mudguards and stuff) and he is quite happy with that. And I ordered this yesterday as I don't have sufficient yellow clothes.
MaliA wrote:
Counterpart found! I can relax again now, and await the arrival of my £50 of cardboard boxes which I'm still bitter about. Old Man Afterthough has somehow assembledhis bike (A Dawes Discover 201, with mudguards and stuff) and he is quite happy with that. And I ordered this yesterday as I don't have sufficient yellow clothes.

I was in Decathlon and looked at these.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/leisure-mtb-3964962/

I am not sure if I should get 5.1 or a 6 or are they too cheap?
MaliA wrote:
Trooper wrote:

MrsA and I have been members for a while now. We often go to Waddesdon for a walk about the grounds, and have a look at the aviary, before having a cup of tea.

Claydon is also very nice place to look around. And Stowe Landscape Gardens remains on of my favorite places on this earth.

Jeez, makes us sound really old, doesn't it?

Ta, we'll probably pop along to those two at some point, and certainly head back to Waddesdon to have a wander round the grounds. It was a little bit wet for doing that yesterday :D

As a kid we had the family membership to both NT and EH, and our holidays consisted of holiday camps and visiting castles and properties. I always though EH was much better, as they have loads of ruined castles :D NT is all fuddy-duddy houses and gardens, which were no good to a 10yr old.
This place is a 20 minute walk from my house. I've taken some great pictures there, such as...

Speke Hall - 10th April 2011 by MrDavPaz, on Flickr

and it has a short walk which gives you a grand view of the runway at Liverpool Airport (I must go back with a better camera)
Liverpool Airport by MrDavPaz, on Flickr

and best of all, beacuse we live nearby, it's free. :)
Been there! About 25 years ago. All I can remember is there's a secret passageway beside one of the fireplaces. Ace.
KovacsC wrote:
MaliA wrote:

I was in Decathlon and looked at these.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/leisure-mtb-3964962/

I am not sure if I should get 5.1 or a 6 or are they too cheap?

Depend what you want to do with them, to be honest. I'd say any bike that can do what you want it to do is good enough, some just do it with less mass than others. Take a squizz around the car park on one, and if it feels OK, go for it. Or, as I've said before, eBay.

There is a school of thought that says "if it doesn't cost more than £300, it's shit" but then MBUK took a £299 bike down Cap d'Ail downhill course and nothing broke and the person didn't crash, so y'know, there's moral to that story somewhere.

I've got enough frames and bits in the garage (except forks) to build up a bike for you and Trooper to fight over, but I don't have the time right now, so sorry about that.
I've spent the night here before (because gf of the time used to live there, looking after the place) and it was pretty awesome.
MaliA wrote:
I've spent the night here before (because gf of the time used to live there, looking after the place) and it was pretty awesome.

"See a kitchen ceiling last cleaned in 1612."

Awesome! That is on the list!
Thanks Mali, I have not been on a bike for years and want to check I still can ride and I like it.
Trooper wrote:
MaliA wrote:

"See a kitchen ceiling last cleaned in 1612."

Awesome! That is on the list!

Yeah, the lazy cow.
KovacsC wrote:
Thanks Mali, I have not been on a bike for years and want to check I still can ride and I like it.

:hat:
Zardoz wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

:hat:

Wait... :DD
Eeep!
I am having one of *those* days.
Mimi wrote:
I am having one of *those* days.

What have you glued to yourself this time?
Nothing, yet.

I'm thinking about it, though... :P
Have a stroopwafel.
I could very, very much go for a stroopwafel about now.
I eat those.
That Freddie Mercury Google thingy is awesome.
I have to go to Barrow again in a few weeks... :(
Zardoz wrote:
I eat those.

All the cool people do.
I've never tried them.

Oh...

BUT! I am going to Holland at the end of the month. I will eat them then and become cool.
I am in a small lab with a guy who has really smelly feet. :eurgh:
It's amazing what they can do with gene splicing these days.
Oh dear, looks like another cake contest at work. I did quite well last time, but had to borrow inspiration from here.
Boxes have arrived, I don't think I've ordered enough.
MaliA wrote:

What did they arrive in?
kalmar wrote:
MaliA wrote:

What did they arrive in?

A van?
kalmar wrote:
Oh dear, looks like another cake contest at work. I did quite well last time, but had to borrow inspiration from here.

A unicorn?

This year you should do a cake based representation of someone whacking their todger against a biscuit tin lid and strategically mooing for two and a half minutes
Page 52 of 60 [ 2972 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 60

Active Topics