Beex, Yo.
YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN!
Bits and Bobs 30
XXX
Page 51 of 60 [ 2972 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 60
Just got back from watching the Red Arrows fly a tribute show to the pilot "Eggman" who died recently. They got one of there own to do commentary and then flew the routines with a gap where he normally flew. Chap on loudspeaker was barely holding it together, going back over the photos is really :'( There was a pant wetting moment for the poor bastard when they flew off out of sight and he lost radio contact, turns out that there was a radio issue that needed fixing.
Curiosity wrote:
Craster wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:
Sometimes it feels like its just me and DavSpaz's cast of wacky characters on this forum.

It's cute that you think you're real.

Pundabaya is, of course, Stewart Lee's sock puppet account.

There are no sock puppet accounts on this forum. :hat:
Quote:
Actioni contrariam semper et æqualem esse reactionem: sive corporum duorum actiones in se mutuo semper esse æquales et in partes contrarias dirigi

I've just had to explain this to MrsA, whilst watching TV, as to why the cannon didn't disappear after firing a cannon ball, but it recoiled out of camera shot, and I swear to Science, Ellen Page and the lass from Easy A, as I turned away, from the corner of my eye she was trying to light a BBQ using a hollowed out jug filled with charcoal whilst waving the keys to a Clio, and a hunk of waterbathed meat.

On the plus side, I'm with a lass who plays by late C17th rules, on the minus side, I've got her suffragette phase to look forward to.
I think I'll take her to the supermarket, I don't know why, but I'll have to start it somewhere, give her 15 bags of sugar, sit her in the trolley and let her work out her own way down the aisle.
sinister agent wrote:
Prescription obtained. Turns out that I was right all along, and those fucking fuckwits in Stratford should have treated me two years ago, as I've probably been ill my whole life, it's only going to get worse, and without treatment I'd probably end up dead in a decade or two. Morons.

But! Now I just take some tablets and the odd blood test, and all shall be well. God fucking damn, this just might be the month that I finally start to feel like I'm awake for the first time since the last milennium.

Apparently it might mean my libido goes mental, too. LOCK UP YOUR GOATS.

*Such* good news. Alright, I'm agnostic about the libido thing, but equally am probably not in danger. But otherwise - good, man, good.
KovacsC wrote:
throughsilver wrote:
Doing kettlebells then going out.

Where did you get this from?

Wrote it myself! ;)

But if you meant the idea of doing kettlebells, it was just a natural thing. I went to a gym years ago that had one of the then-rare kettlebell instructors. He's awesome. Then it was a case of learning that sportsmen that I massively respected, like Lance Armstrong and Fedor Emelianenko, use them. Then I took up kettlebell circuits at the gym I'm now at. Really tough and satisfying workout, so I got my own.
Every time you write kettlebell my brain sees cowbell.
As of seven minutes ago, I've been working for my current employer for a decade. Crikey.
Craster wrote:
As of seven minutes ago, I've been working for my current employer for a decade. Crikey.

Brr, I had that realisation earlier this year. Somehow managed to quit fairly shortly afterwards.
JBR wrote:
sinister agent wrote:
Prescription obtained. Turns out that I was right all along, and those fucking fuckwits in Stratford should have treated me two years ago, as I've probably been ill my whole life, it's only going to get worse, and without treatment I'd probably end up dead in a decade or two. Morons.

But! Now I just take some tablets and the odd blood test, and all shall be well. God fucking damn, this just might be the month that I finally start to feel like I'm awake for the first time since the last milennium.

*Such* good news. Alright, I'm agnostic about the libido thing, but equally am probably not in danger. But otherwise - good, man, good.

Cheers! I've been in a pretty good mood, though it's about bloody time. Been trying to sort this out all summer, and it may still be weeks or a few months before they get the dose right. Blah. But all shall improve from here.

My fambly are most amused at how happy I am to hear that I'll be on medicine for the rest of my life. But hey, better than being ill. The free prescriptions are nice, yeah, but honestly, seven quid a month to not feel concussed most of the time would be a bloody steal anyway.
JBR wrote:
sinister agent wrote:

Cheers! I've been in a pretty good mood, though it's about bloody time. Been trying to sort this out all summer, and it may still be weeks or a few months before they get the dose right. Blah. But all shall improve from here.

My fambly are most amused at how happy I am to hear that I'll be on medicine for the rest of my life. But hey, better than being ill. The free prescriptions are nice, yeah, but honestly, seven quid a month to not feel concussed most of the time would be a bloody steal anyway.
Went to Nickachu's last night, and then we went to the horses, where I failed to do anything other than lose, but good fun. Fuck knows why I am awake at this time though.
Craster wrote:
Every time you write kettlebel...

...I cryyy, a little.
Craster wrote:

Yeah, over a decade for me too. My role has changed enough to keep me interested though. And no one else will have me :'(
At the venture capital firm, ten years of services garners an employee a 3 month paid sabbatical and a present. One of the investment managers got a quad bike. Their staff retention rates were very high, from what I could tell. I think that it was probably the nicst place I've ever worked. <sniffs>

Happier news, it seems the Bingley music festival thing, going on this weekend is pretty cool, loads of bands that even I have heard of. My fear is now turning into excitement as the day draws closer and I'm getting more things done. Just need to sort out what I'm going to do with 2 pushbikes, 2 pushbike frames, two bike wheels, two motorbikes, 3 bodyboards and a mini-mal now. And all the garden furniture, as the new gaff doesn't have a garage or a garden.
I went to an event called Shropgeek last night, which Gaywood probably would have enjoyed :) A conference of sorts with three speakers (only one of whom I'd heard of before) - Alex Hardie, Chris Thorpe and Duncan Bloor (I've worked with the latter.)

Some very interesting stuff, about user centricity in applications, and how search data is being used at the BBC to help create worthwhile content etc.
How drunk do you have to be to bite a python? Twice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14771361
MaliA wrote:
Just need to sort out what I'm going to do with 2 pushbikes, 2 pushbike frames, two bike wheels, two motorbikes, 3 bodyboards and a mini-mal now. And all the garden furniture, as the new gaff doesn't have a garage or a garden.

<Pricks up ears> :hat:

You thinking of selling them? I still need a bike :D
Craig wrote:
How drunk do you have to be to bite a python? Twice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14771361

That is not nice! However, I wonder if
Quote:
Mr Senk was arrested on suspicion of unlawfully maiming or mutilating a reptile.

carries a worse sentence thanif it were a mammal?
Also, just been wandering around Umea market and bought a lb of smoked tenderloin for about £8. It is bloody fantastic!
Curiosity wrote:
Craster wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:
Sometimes it feels like its just me and DavSpaz's cast of wacky characters on this forum.

It's cute that you think you're real.

Pundabaya is, of course, Richard Herring's sock puppet account. There appears to be some bitterness.

FTFY!
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
devilman wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Perhaps now I might actually put the Arkham Asylum disc into my 360, had it almost since launch and haven't played it yet.

You should - it's a brilliant game. I watched Batman Begins yesterday and Dark Knight today and while they were both good (if over-long), it's made me want to play through Arkham Asylum again.

Also watched the first episode of Dexter this evening. Not sure if I'll watch the rest of the season though as it didn't really grab me. Maybe it's because if I want to follow the adventures of a socially inept workaholic, I don't really have to look too far.

I agree it's slow to start (we've just started re-watching them, well I have, Joans hadn't seen it before), I'd certainly give it until at least episode three before you give up on it.

I've watched five now and have decided it's not for me. It's all a bit too plodding and I don't like any of the characters. It's curious just how much I identify with Dexter himself though.. well, apart from the killing, obviously.

I might try Firefly next and see if that's any good. ;)
The final touch to the living room at New Kern Hall:
Futurama was acebest on Friday. These Fembots have illegal 5 speed groins. Brill. Some real laugh out loud moments.
Kern wrote:
The final touch to the living room at New Kern Hall:

Oh, jolly good work, sir.
10 bags of clothes have been placed into the charity bin by the shops. There are 4 holdalls of clothes ready to go into the now booked van (should have bought one, used it, and sold it again) and things are getting packed up. The 21st century rag and bone man has just been around, too, driving a flat bed lorry whilst the passenger rings the bell. Not seen one of those in years.
Today, no more beard! Happy birthday, me (for Monday).

I already regret it.
On the Cornmarket in Oxford this afternoon I saw a busker wearing a brightly coloured dress with a Madonnaesque conical bra dancing to techno wearing a Queen Elizabeth II mask. The sight will haunt my dreams for a long time to come.
TK-421 wrote:

I already regret it.

woah! how long did it take you to grow it?
Fourteen months! Though I did pay for a professional wet shave and it was fantastic, I'd gladly do it again. I'd called and and booked it early last week, walked into the barber shop this morning and declared "I'm here for a shave". The poor girl (really, really fit, mind you) looked at me and nearly shit herself.
TK-421 wrote:

I already regret it.

Don't regret it. Congratulations on your freedom from its bristly clutches.
Kern wrote:
On the Cornmarket in Oxford this afternoon I saw a busker wearing a brightly coloured dress with a Madonnaesque conical bra dancing to techno wearing a Queen Elizabeth II mask. The sight will haunt my dreams for a long time to come.

When I was in London the other week, there were 3 of those (and a couple of Maggie Thatchers too) on Westminster Bridge and the south bank...

Malc
Malc wrote:
Kern wrote:

When I was in London the other week, there were 3 of those (and a couple of Maggie Thatchers too) on Westminster Bridge and the south bank...

It's an invasion? RUN!
Does anyone know how good GAME are at getting pre orders out for the day of release?

I'm tempted by the Gears of War 3 ltd edition but only if I can get it on the day it comes out.
DJ Al's mash up CD has worrying amounts of Madonna in it.
It was a Madonna mashups round!
Craster wrote:
It was a Madonna mashups round!

I totally knew that.
It says "Madge's Mashups" on the CD!
Shh! You're making me look foolish.
:DD How did you not pick that up at the time?
Umm, Reavers?
In a pub with bobby in Sweden.90% of the customers seem to be English. As well as the English barman.

Just spent an hour and a half riding that thing around a woodland rally trek type course.

Awesome. Simply awesome. I don't know how they work, and frankly don't care - it's initially a bit disconcerting but once you get the hang of it it becomes like an extension of you, it requires no thought whatsoever, you just do what feels natural and you move.
Gazchap's identity revealed:

Bobbyaro wrote:
:DD How did you not pick that up at the time?

Beer.

:DD
\
"OK, I admit it. I am slightly camp."
Looks like a fair bit of effort has gone into Google's homepage today.
devilman wrote:
Looks like a fair bit of effort has gone into Google's homepage today.

That was pretty good. Someone is clearly a big fan.
GazChap wrote:

Oooh! when is the next horrible histories on!

Sailor Jerry Rum and Old Jamaica Ginger Beer = :metul: :luv:
Page 51 of 60 [ 2972 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 60

Active Topics