Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: MafiaScum
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 22:21 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Understandably distraught after stringing up another of their own, the surviving townspeople awake after a night of drowning their sorrows. Assembling in the town square, they are faced with the grim realisation that yet another of their number is missing. Myoptika is not with them.

Reluctantly heading to his house, they are faced with a horrible scene. Myoptica is sat in a chair, badly beaten. His feet are set in a block of concrete, a pistol round has been fired through each of his kneecaps, all his fingernails have been torn out [some people are starting to worry me with their descriptions - Ed], all his fingers are broken and there is a knife embedded in his brain through his forehead.

Searching his house, they find a large array of surgical equipment. The townsfolk are suprised, not having known they had another of the medical profession in their midst. They then find in his bookshelf a copy of that old favourite, "How to Make Pretty Pictures out of People's Entrails".

Myoptika was the Serial Killer

With 13 left alive, 7 votes are required to secure a lynch. Day 4 deadline is Sunday at midday.

Note - Malc has left us, for obvious reasons. I wish him well and would like to thank him for his participation thus far. GazChap has stepped up to take over his role.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 22:27 
Legendary Boogeyman

Jesus christ, myp got owned. Guess the mafia knew it was him after all.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 22:30 

That doesn't sound like a Mafia hit to me, that sounds more like myoptika went absolutely batshit crazy and killed himself ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 22:31 
Legendary Boogeyman

Welcome GazMalc, are you the mafia don?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 22:34 

I could attempt to be funny here and say something like "Fuck. Rumbled already."

However, that'll pretty much ensure that I get lynched before I've even had a chance to settle in.

It's a shame that the Doctor has already been offed, as (with Malc leaving) I could have made a big hoo-hah about having recently regenerated :D

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 22:40 
Gogmagog

Vote Mimi

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 22:41 
Paws for thought

Mr Dave wrote:
I personally look forawrd to lynching Myoptika. Twice.

Dammit people, how are we supposed to lynch him now?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 22:47 

Having read the thread, I'm suspicious of a couple of people. Not enough to form any conclusions though. However, I'm going to have to agree with MaliA and:

VOTE: Mimi

I have a niggling feeling that Mimi is the Godfather, although this is more than likely due to nothing else but the potential hilarity in Mimi's cute lion-hatted face being behind a terrible crime organisation. I'm also reminded of Al Capone's various speeches in The Untouchables and the public face he had to put on. This combined with Mimi's outspoken nature in the thread... well, it's the best I can come up with.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 22:47 
Awesome
Yes

So now there's only going to be one death a night. The plot thickens.

I must apologise for my absence these last couple of days. The stress of seeing so many bodies was too much for me, and I had to take some time off. I went to see my Sister in the next village over. I am glad that my absence coinciding with the serial killer taking a night off cannot now be construed as me being the serial killer though.

There are now only townspeople and mafia remaining (and possibly a roleblocker, who is now useless). Looking back through the previous days, I'm going to focus on those who seem to be a little too nonchalant about the whole voting process, and seem to only go with a majority, or who come in later on. To that end, I suspect Sheepeh, ComicalGnomes and Mr Dave as mafioso. In that order.

I will change my mind of more compelling evidence comes in, such as the fact that I missed one of them being killed off already.

VOTE Sheepeh

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 22:54 

Me? No, but I thought this might happen because of what I said about Kalmar, so it is my own fault because I was wrong. I KNEW Myoptika was the SK though.

I actually vote Joans. As soon as Kalmar's death was made final and announced that he was a townie I thought of quiet Joans. Sometimes around but saying nothing of import, staying in the background. But, I fear, my mistake will cost me. I should not play detective it seems, I am no Mark Sloane.

Did Kalmar or Myoptika leave a note or diary entry of some kind this time, Craster?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 22:55 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mimi wrote:
Did Kalmar or Myoptika leave a note or diary entry of some kind this time, Craster?

Er - not that you've found yet, but the house is pretty untidy, so it's possible one might 'appear' later on.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 22:55 
Legendary Boogeyman

If I was mafia I'd be so excited I don't think I'd care if you killed me or not, I'd have such fun penning seriously fucked up deaths for people, what we've seen so far is a bit tame. Slit Wrists? A bit of piano wire? I'd like to see people raped with a hot poker, or having their balls cut off and put in their mouth (neither of those for Mimi though, obv.). Stuff like that. Even the thought makes me grin like a maniac :D

Can't bear to lynch Mimi though, she seems too genuinely innocent. Someone who had moral qualms about taking £80 from a cash machine can't be a criminal mastermind.

Sheepeh has participated just enough to avoid suspicion but not so much that he's provoked any kind of interesting suspicion. He's either a boring townie or a cunning mafia man.

Vote: Sheepeh

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:00 

I would play the role if that were given to me, CG. It wasn't, but I must be honest enough to say that if I was the serial killer or the mafia then I would play that role. I don't think I'd think of things like piano wire, or read hot pokers, though! I'd just kill them softly with my song, or something.

I want to suggest people but I feel too nervous now because I was so vocal about the last one because I was so sure. I knew I was taking a risk because if i was wrong people would suspect me, but I was so sure! He just seemed to on the ball! He seemed to know and understand too much of what was goign on. Turns out he was just clever.

That's what we do to all our academics - string 'em up, hehe. ?:|

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:02 
Awesome
Yes

Hmm, so you CG are now also voting for Sheepeh. But I suspect you both. So you may only be voting for Sheepeh in order to divert suspicion.

If this is the case then I'll be watching for you switching your vote, which would prove an alleigance between the two of you. Oh yes!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:05 

Mimi wrote:
I knew I was taking a risk because if i was wrong people would suspect me, but I was so sure! He just seemed to on the ball! He seemed to know and understand too much of what was goign on.

For what it's worth, I don't suspect you because you were wrong. I suspect you mainly because of the irony of someone so blatantly sugary being an awful crim.

Talking about killing people with song doesn't help your case, mind ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:08 

I do not know if blatantly sugary is kind of cute or a bit of a dig :smug:

I think you'd be a great mafia guy because you are so tall, and would suit the name 'noodles'

:)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:09 
Legendary Boogeyman

It would be a bit of a giveaway, killing people in nice, polite ways. The question is, who's fucked up enough to kill people with gruesome descriptions? I suspect a few people on the board, like Meems, would just be like 'Kill myoptika please', whereas others would rejoice in grisley murder.

Obviously that includes me, because I just said as much, but it's a bit obvious and I'm but a humble townie. If Dimms was around I'd suspect him, particularly for the myoptika hit.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:10 
Paws for thought

Mimi just seems like someone who had a hunch and got it wrong. Moreover, she doesn't seem to have exhibited any un-mimi-esque behaviour - which is the biggest tell. Indeed, from that point of view, I'm now pretty much useless, as the only people I stood a chance of being able to read (Mr Chris, Grim..., Dimrill, Myoptika) are all out, whether officially or otherwise. And I was crap at reading them anyway. I'm not really used to having to spot people being dishonest.

Buggrit, I'll just hop of whatever bandwagon comes along, I guess (Although I would be reluctant to jump on a mimi lynching bandwagon, I get a good impression she's genuine) At least it's unlikely to be a mason burning wagon now, with the reduced numbers.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:13 
Awesome
Yes

Having just had a read back through the last few pages, I see that there's a good few people all claiming to be townies, which I would think would be a silly thing to do as the numbers dwindle. It's more likely to get the mob to focus on you, you see.

To that end, I'd like to come clean as the mafia Don.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:13 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Folks, I've left Dimmers in the game at this point. If he asks me to switch him out, I will, but he may either wish to return to the game or may not return to the forum before the game is over - I don't know.

Feel free to vote for him or not as you would anyone else. Obviously he won't be defending himself, but don't leave him out of consideration for out-of-character reasons.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:16 

Well, I will not take it personally if I was to go, today's lynching was my fault and my own mistake, and I lost a townie from the game because of my suspicions :(

If Kalmar's ghost is around i will understand if you rattle my curtains and stuff all night

(don't, though, because I am scared of windows in real life)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:17 

OK, Thanks Craster.

Craster, did either of the recently departed leave a note or anything?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:17 
Legendary Boogeyman

Mr Russ wrote:
Having just had a read back through the last few pages, I see that there's a good few people all claiming to be townies, which I would think would be a silly thing to do as the numbers dwindle. It's more likely to get the mob to focus on you, you see.

At this point the mob know who the townies are, it's everyone that's left!

But hey, if you want to admit to being the don that's great. Here, let me introduce you to this lynching rope.

UNVOTE. VOTE MR RUSS.

You're either telling the truth or being incredibly dense. Kill! kill! :D

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:18 
Paws for thought

Mimi wrote:

Oh Really. Muwahahaha.
\

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:19 
Gogmagog

Mimi, there's a branch with your name on it.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:20 

Mr Russ wrote:

But the mafia already know who the townies are, because they know who the rest of the mafia are, so whoever isn't a mafia person is a townie, no? or have I misunderstood your point?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:21 

Mr Russ wrote:

You're obviously not telling the truth here. It makes sense for the townies to out themselves now, as the only threat left to them are the Mafia. And with the Serial Killer gone, from the Mafia's point of view the only people left ARE townies, so their attention is already well and truly focussed on the townies anyway.

Given that the townies outnumber the Mafia by quite some margin, the more that out themselves, the more likely attention is to be turned towards the Mafia for the lynchmobs.

Although of course the Mafia can out themselves as townies too. However, whereas the Mafia still have a good reason to keep their identities secret, all of the townies can reveal themselves now anyway as with the Doctor and the Cop out of the way they're all essentially equal and thus all an equal bet for being whacked.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:22 
Awesome
Yes

My point is I want to make it clear to the townies that I am the Don. I crave power. The first of you to speak against me will be killed!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:23 

And, thinking about it further, with the Cop gone isn't the Mafia Godfather basically just another goon now?

Meaning of course that there's no logic to lying about being the Godfather to deflect attention from the real one.

Meaning that Mr Russ probably is the Godfather after all.

UNVOTE

VOTE: Mr Russ

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:23 
Paws for thought

ComicalGnomes wrote:
You're either telling the truth or being incredibly dense. Kill! kill! :D

Option 3) He's joking.

It's the most likely option.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:24 

No, really, I am. Especially at night.

I was in Snowdonia and walked past a window of my dormitory room which I was sharing with one other person and someone slammed their face up against the window as I went to close the curtains. I was about 15 years old. I passed out and they have frightened me ever since. I have to close all of the curtains as soon as it starts to get dark if Craig is not around.

Anyway. Eat the biscuits from my cookie jar or something, leave the curtains.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:25 
Awesome
Yes

I neveh joke about da family. Eeh?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:26 

Mimi wrote:

You're a Mac user too, aren't you? Don't you think that's taking this fear a little bit too far? :DD

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:26 

Maybe Mr Russ is making an elaborate double bluff?

And yes, Macs only, hehe.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:29 

I hope for the town's sake that Mr Russ isn't a double-bluffing townie - what the townies need right now is a bit of solidarity, not one of their rapidly decreasing number taking a gamble by putting their head on the proverbial chopping block.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:29 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mimi wrote:
OK, Thanks Craster.

Craster, did either of the recently departed leave a note or anything?

I answered you above. Nothing's 'turned up' since then.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:30 
Awesome
Yes

Well looking at who's online that's all the answers I'm going to get.

Yes, I'm a humble townie. Hopefully I'm the local inkeeper, or shopekeep or something, as it would truly be ironic.

My interntions as outing myself as mafia was to see how the real mafia would react. Would they say "he cannot be" as they themselves were mafia, and knew I was not? Would they reason "he is being silly to give himself away like this" because they were townies?

I don't know, but that was the plan, and those are the replies above me, so get detecting, people!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:31 
Awesome
Yes

GazChap wrote:
I hope for the town's sake that Mr Russ isn't a double-bluffing townie - what the townies need right now is a bit of solidarity, not one of their rapidly decreasing number taking a gamble by putting their head on the proverbial chopping block.

Oh GazChap..... "their"

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:32 

Sorry, did I ask more than once? I am a little worn out after today i am afraid.

i think i should go to bed now. See you all in the morning.

xxx

SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mimi wrote:
Sorry, did I ask more than once? I am a little worn out after today i am afraid.

i think i should go to bed now. See you all in the morning.

xxx

No worries :D

Paws for thought

Mimi wrote:
No, really, I am. Especially at night.

I was in Snowdonia and walked past a window of my dormitory room which I was sharing with one other person and someone slammed their face up against the window as I went to close the curtains. I was about 15 years old. I passed out and they have frightened me ever since. I have to close all of the curtains as soon as it starts to get dark if Craig is not around.

Anyway. Eat the biscuits from my cookie jar or something, leave the curtains.

I had a similar fear of lightbulbs and would do everything I could to keep me out of the line of sight of a naked lightbulb. For some reason, this was even worse with toilet lightbulbs*, where even a shade in the way wasn't enough. This did make going to the toilet very tricky when I wasn't at home. (And I remember an absolutely terrifying wicker bull lampshade in a french villa. I couldn't go in the lounge area because of that thing.) By about the age of 18, I'd eventually got over it. I have no idea where it came from.

* - Probably due to always being on my own then.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:35 

Mr Russ wrote:
Oh GazChap..... "their"

I'm going to great lengths to use as non-descript as possible ways of referring to both the townies and the Mafia.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:40 
Awesome
Yes

A likely excuse. But you're OK, because I'm still voting Sheepeh for the time being. Sticking with the courage of my convictions and all that.

Actually, now that there's only mafia and townies left, why do the town masons not out themselves? They can be confirmed by the other masons, and that way we'd have some people we knew we should definitely not vote for.

Getting rid of all the 'role'd players early may have made this game a lot simpler.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:45 

The Masons can't really confirm each other's identity though, as the other townies still can't trust the Mafia not to lie about being Masons to protect themselves.

Ironically if the Cop were still alive it might be simpler.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:48 

Mimi wrote:
Me? No, but I thought this might happen because of what I said about Kalmar, so it is my own fault because I was wrong. I KNEW Myoptika was the SK though.

I actually vote Joans. As soon as Kalmar's death was made final and announced that he was a townie I thought of quiet Joans. Sometimes around but saying nothing of import, staying in the background. But, I fear, my mistake will cost me. I should not play detective it seems, I am no Mark Sloane.

Please bear in mind Mimi's previous detevtive credentials before following up on them again. I knew that Myp was the serial killer as well, but I (as well as loads of others) followed you onto the Kalmar bandwagon.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:50 
Awesome
Yes

How did you know myoptika was the serial killer?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:51 

The same way that Mimi did.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:52 

To clarify, I took Mimi as meaning it in a "it's obvious in hindsight" kind of way. Like "I knew that was going to happen" sort of thing.

I should probably just go to bed now.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:53 
Paws for thought

Mr Russ wrote:
Actually, now that there's only mafia and townies left, why do the town masons not out themselves? They can be confirmed by the other masons, and that way we'd have some people we knew we should definitely not vote for.

I thought this earlier. I've changed my mind. Why? I'd hope you figure it out, as the mafia may not have thought of it. But as I said before, so again, it's a game about information. And as the masons can communicate within themselves (apparently, I didn't think they could), that makes them much better targets for the mafia - as it forces all information through mafia bendable communications.

In the case of a mason being potentially lynched, reveal one of them. They will likely die at the hands of the mafia, but at least not the lynch mob. If someone spuriously claims to be one, reveal one of them. A good price to pay for a mafia.

Whether you'd want to reveal how many there are when it becomes needed, I don't know.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 23:54 
Awesome
Yes

I'd laugh if there was only one mafia goon, and we already got him, and Craster was just toying with us now.

Reply to topic  [ 1422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next