Beex, Yo.
YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN!
Bits and Bobs - Fourteen
Something witty
Page 22 of 60 [ 2976 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 60
Battlestar Galactica... The New One.

If I were wanting to watch this, do I need to watch the mini-series first?
You want to pre order MaliA, won't his wife object?
MrDavPaz wrote:
Can I pre-order?

EDIT: @ MaliA

It's subscription based.
MrDavPaz wrote:

Ideally as the first episode of Season 1 directly follows on from the ending of the mini series.

Besides which, the mini series is really good.
What mini series?
Zio wrote:
MrDavPaz wrote:

Ideally as the first episode of Season 1 directly follows on from the ending of the mini series.

Besides which, the mini series is really good.

It's not a problem, just wanted to know if it was skippable. Ta.
As an option, the entire of BS:G is skippable. FYI.
Images representative of gameplay:

Here, a player is confronted by a higher PC and must make quick decisions to ensure survival. PVP is non consentual.
MaliA wrote:
What mini series?

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/157769/B ... oduct.html
Grim... wrote:

I'm too busy with my programming.
Grim... wrote:

Ordered a Playtrade copy for peanuts. Cheers Grimster
Images Representative of Gameplay:

NPC represent one avenue for players to gain XP by fighting them. Significant resources were place on the development of the NPC AI.
Mali, can you do the graphics for my new game?
Zardoz? You're fired.
Grim... wrote:
Zardoz? You're fired.

We need a weeping Burtank dimlie
Grim... wrote:
Zardoz? You're fired.

I don't do the graphics, I do the programming. here is the art team:

*sends CV to S.T.A.G.*
Is that still going?
Parcel guaranteed by 1pm. No parcel, no note. Workshy cunts.
KovacsC wrote:
Is that still going?

I don't know what you're talking about.
Zardoz wrote:

*sends CV to S.T.A.G.*

:this:
KovacsC wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

*sends CV to S.T.A.G.*

:this:

Where's that stompy boots guy?
:boots:
Ah, there he is.
Did you mean myp or the emoticon?
Mmmm beer.
Bobbyaro wrote:
Mmmm beer.

Git.
Malabar Front wrote:

Oh, turns out it's not Royal Mail, it's City Link. Still, the Amazon service I paid for said 1pm and I've now emailed them asking for a refund on my delivery costs. I'm not paying for a service I'm not getting.

I'm not being a twat here, am I?
Not in the least.
Bobbyaro wrote:
Mmmm beer.

Do beer
Mmmm beer
Ba doooo, yeah yeah...
Speaking of Booze...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8345940.stm

£100,000 worth of Vodka destroyed.
Does that mean that prices will go up?!
Malabar Front wrote:
Malabar Front wrote:

Oh, turns out it's not Royal Mail, it's City Link. Still, the Amazon service I paid for said 1pm and I've now emailed them asking for a refund on my delivery costs. I'm not paying for a service I'm not getting.

I'm not being a twat here, am I?

Is this amazon prime? I did that, and then double checked and it is next day delivery in the fine print, but I am sure t stated 1pm in the original details.
Bobbyaro wrote:
Is this amazon prime? I did that, and then double checked and it is next day delivery in the fine print, but I am sure t stated 1pm in the original details.

No, it's their "Order in the next X minutes and get it guaranteed by 1PM tomorrow" express delivery. Surely they can't just contradict that in their T&Cs.
It may well have a statement along the lines of, "given normal quality from a courier who are not part of Amazon." OR some such bullshit. Worth a try though.
Bobbyaro wrote:
It may well have a statement along the lines of, "given normal quality from a courier who are not part of Amazon." OR some such bullshit. Worth a try though.

They claim all over the place that the 1PM is guaranteed, and that they'll refund the cost if your item doesn't arrive by then. The only bit of small print I can see over-riding this is:

Quote:
Does not apply in the event of service interruptions or failures caused by events beyond Amazon.co.uk's control.

Either way, I've sent the email off. It's 2 hours late now. We'll see how it goes. £8 that delivery cost me.
I'm pretty sure any action the courier take that stops the package arriving on time is beyond amazon.co.uk's control, so that's one hell of a disclaimer.
Craster wrote:
I'm pretty sure any action the courier take that stops the package arriving on time is beyond amazon.co.uk's control, so that's one hell of a disclaimer.

Indeed. We'll see.
I think you are well within your rights to push for a refund on delivery, malabar. Their disclaimer is horrid, and basically absolves them of all responsibility unless they are hand-delivering you the object, but that's not exactly putting the customer first. I'd complain - you can't lose anything by doing so, can you?
personally, I'd send them the email, then if you get the refund, awesome. If not, it's not worth getting upset over.
Mimi wrote:
I think you are well within your rights to push for a refund on delivery, malabar. Their disclaimer is horrid, and basically absolves them of all responsibility unless they are hand-delivering you the object, but that's not exactly putting the customer first. I'd complain - you can't lose anything by doing so, can you?

They could send round some hired goons, I guess.

MaliA wrote:
personally, I'd send them the email, then if you get the refund, awesome. If not, it's not worth getting upset over.

Pretty much. I'd be interested to hear why they don't think I'm entitled to one if so, mind.
*knock knock*
"Who is it?"
"Goons"
"Goons?"
"Hired Goons"
"Ok, wait a sec"
zaphod79 wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Zardoz? You're fired.

We need a weeping Burtank dimlie

Burttank never cries. He just turns away from camera.
I couldn't get into Assassin's Creed, as every time I started enjoying myself it then made me spend fifteen minutes or more wandering around a plastic box. I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR TERRIBLE STORYLINE IN THAT PLASTIC BOX! LET ME FRIKKIN' DO SOMETHING!

I might play it more if people can assure me that the 'second storyline' kinda thing doesn't keep interrupting in a terrible "REMEMBER YOU'RE PLAYING A VIDEO GAME" kinda way.
Isn't the sequel based on another of Desmond's ancestors? So... more plastic box I'm afraid.
How most peculiar. I was listening to music on my iPhone as I am wont to do when I've got shitloads of work to do and don't want to be distracted by Beex (ooops!), when suddenly I get a voicemail. Didn't ring or anything, just got a message alert and a voicemail. Anyway, the message was a lady wanting someone to do some tiling for them. This 'tiling' thing seems a most alien concept to me, so I am clearly not the intended recipient.

In the spirit of community spirity-somethingness, I decided to call this lady back and inform her that her intended recipient would never recieve her message as she'd called the wrong person. I informed her she'd called 075$_ZIO_NUMBER. She informed me that she most certainly didn't, she'd dialled 079$_COMPLETELY_DIFFERENT_NUMBER.

What's that all about then?
Zio wrote:
How most peculiar. I was listening to music on my iPhone as I am wont to do when I've got shitloads of work to do and don't want to be distracted by Beex (ooops!), when suddenly I get a voicemail. Didn't ring or anything, just got a message alert and a voicemail. Anyway, the message was a lady wanting someone to do some tiling for them. This 'tiling' thing seems a most alien concept to me, so I am clearly not the intended recipient.

In the spirit of community spirity-somethingness, I decided to call this lady back and inform her that her intended recipient would never recieve her message as she'd called the wrong person. I informed her she'd called 075$_ZIO_NUMBER. She informed me that she most certainly didn't, she'd dialled 079$_COMPLETELY_DIFFERENT_NUMBER.

I hope she used protection... sounds like a voicemail server screw up to me
she is stupid and can't work a phone.
oh, and my flat smells of gas. May be due to the fact the flame went out on my hob.
Zio wrote:

You're obviously a tiler then. Think about it.
MrDavPaz wrote:
I hope she used protection... sounds like a voicemail server screw up to me

Must be... the number she claimed to have dialled was totally different to mine except for the 07 bit at the start, and I'd hope she wasn't that cack-handed.
Page 22 of 60 [ 2976 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 60

Active Topics