Cookie problems?
If you find yourself repeatedly logged out of this site, make sure you are visiting the .com version, and not the .co.uk.

The .com address is http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/forum/

This is a temporary problem that should be resolved in a day or two.
Grim... wrote:
If you find yourself repeatedly logged out of this site, make sure you are visiting the .com version, and not the .co.uk.

The .com address is http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.co.uk/forum/

This is a temporary problem that should be resolved in a day or two.

The .com address is the one ending in .co.uk? I don't know if that's a typo or is some technicality that I don't understand
/me whistles innocently
Ah, I wondered what was happening.
I have cookie problems.

I was saving my special biscuit for a long time...
Mimi wrote:
I have cookie problems.

Did you find it, in the end?
Wasn't me mods. Was Kalmar
I am gewtting logged out all the time, but it could be because I am using explorer 8
kalmar wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I have cookie problems.

Did you find it, in the end?

Never did, actually. It must still be under a piece of furniture I cannot see beneath or is to heavy to lift. At least it is in a wrapper.
won't stop the mice :)
Kovacs Caprios wrote:
I am gewtting logged out all the time, but it could be because I am using explorer 8

Hmm, IE8 should be fine - have you got your security settings wound up high?
Does the same thing happen on Bill and Ted (link in the footer of the page)?
Grim... wrote:
Kovacs Caprios wrote:

ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS LEADER.
Well, if the mice want it they've had about a year to enjoy it :) Mice don't bother me - I used to catch them in buckets and whatnot in the farmhouse all of the time, take them away and let them go. Spiders I am not fond of, though.

Heya Grim... :)
I've been back a few times when people have had problems - it's still my job to look after the upkeep of this place. Be calm ;)
Grim... wrote:
Kovacs Caprios wrote:

Thanks Grim... I will try to night when I get home
I felt an awesome disturbance in the force... what happened?
Mr Chris wrote:
*swoons*

He's mine, you harlot!
DavPaz wrote:
I felt an awesome disturbance in the force... what happened?

The sound of hundreds of people screaming "GRIM..." at the same microsecond.
Do you owe me money?
One of you owes me money...

/looks around like that chap in Doom

This one: Image
Ask CG. He got 81p yesterday.

Also I can picture you doing that with the muzzie twiching.
No no no, I sold a universal remote and a magic 'switch of your perhiperals when your PC goes off' plug at the last BBBC meet, and only got paid for one of them...

HAPPY NEW YEAR GRIM...OTHY
Grim... wrote:
No no no, I sold a universal remote and a magic 'switch of your perhiperals when your PC goes off' plug at the last BBBC meet, and only got paid for one of them...

I definitely gave you the £25 for it, the only bit I didn't do (from memory) was buy you a beer which was a part of the deal. I did offer later in the night, but you declined :P
Wasn't Curio the other person to buy something from you?
Grim..., while you're in the mood for forum problems, there's one which bugs me occasionally:
Every time I get the "someone else has posted since you did" thing, when I subsequently angrily ignore it and press "submit" again, I get a small red message saying "the submitted form was invalid".

Then, I have to add some line-feeds or spaces randomly, and press submit again. Sometimes this doesn't work first time either. By the time I've done that, some other bastard has posted and I have to start all over again. On a busy thread this can go around several times until I give up in disgust.

Any idea what causes that, and is there a way to fix it? I'm on Firefox 3.0.5 if that makes any difference.

Failing that, would anyone be against considering switching off the "someone else has posted since you did" thing?
kalmar wrote:
Grim..., while you're in the mood for forum problems, there's one which bugs me occasionally:[...]

Hmm - the "someone else has posted" thing has been the subject of discussion before, and generally been agreed to be a good thing (once everyone got used to it). No-one's reported problems before, though - I'm not having any and I'm using the same browser.

I'll see if I can switch it off just for you.
Grim... wrote:
Hmm - the "someone else has posted" thing has been the subject of discussion before, and generally been agreed to be a good thing (once everyone got used to it). No-one's reported problems before, though - I'm not having any and I'm using the same browser.
I've seen this problem, just occasionally. The text in the text box (i.e. what I'm trying to post) looks the same, but I think it's got some manky hidden characters or wonky encoding added by the roundtrip to the "new posts have been made" and back again.

I wouldn't give up the "new posts have been made" screen to fix it though.
It doesn't happen if you 'fast reply'.
Craster wrote:
It doesn't happen if you 'fast reply'.

True, but in a fast moving thread I want to be able to quote.
Grim... wrote:
kalmar wrote:
Grim..., while you're in the mood for forum problems, there's one which bugs me occasionally:[...]

I'll see if I can switch it off just for you.

I'd appreciate that, ta. If everyone else is happy with it, that's cool.
I get that red text now and again. I just copy what I've written and go out of it-then go back in and post it once again then all is fine :)
Shin wrote:
I get that red text now and again. I just copy what I've written and go out of it-then go back in and post it once again then all is fine :)

Yeah, but it's got to be quite annoying.
it was doing it all the time on one particular thread-I'll see if I can remember which it was
kalmar wrote:
Grim..., while you're in the mood for forum problems, there's one which bugs me occasionally:
Every time I get the "someone else has posted since you did" thing, when I subsequently angrily ignore it and press "submit" again, I get a small red message saying "the submitted form was invalid".

Then, I have to add some line-feeds or spaces randomly, and press submit again. Sometimes this doesn't work first time either. By the time I've done that, some other bastard has posted and I have to start all over again. On a busy thread this can go around several times until I give up in disgust.

Any idea what causes that, and is there a way to fix it? I'm on Firefox 3.0.5 if that makes any difference.

Failing that, would anyone be against considering switching off the "someone else has posted since you did" thing?

I've had this a few times (not enough to be annoying though). I can't remember whether I've ever had it when getting the "someone else has posted since you did" screen, but I've definitely had it in other situations (at least once when I was sending a PM), so it's not directly linked to that.
Page 1 of 1 [ 37 posts ]