Bits and Bobs 51
Where IS area 51?
I have to go to a customer site on Tuesday in Crewe, I have to go outside :)

I better check my work clothes fit
It's in Crewe, I really wouldn't worry.
Bobbyaro wrote:

I don't want to scare the locals
KovacsC wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:

I don't want to scare the locals

He clearly wasn't following your train of thought.
Well I have never been to a bullet factory before, i can cross that of a bucket list.
KovacsC wrote:
Well I have never been to a bullet factory before, i can cross that of a bucket list.

Shirley you mean a bullet list.

Lists often DO have bullets, after all.
KovacsC wrote:

I hope when you went to the onsite bar you got a round in.
Warhead wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Shirley you mean a bullet list.

Lists often DO have bullets, after all.

Visiting a bucket factory is on his bullet list.
GazChap wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

I hope when you went to the onsite bar you got a round in.

Shots for everyone!
I reckon Kov would have paid for the drinks, man of his calibre.
Grim... wrote:

Ha! He'd do that thing of rifling through his pockets
MaliA wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Ha! He'd do that thing of rifling through his pockets

What, even though he's loaded?
Yeah, paying for things is one of his triggers.
Poor kov, being the butt of all these jokes.
We're definitely scraping the barrel a bit now.
We should aim higher.
Agreed, we should take stock of what we're doing.
I’m choking with laughter st these terrible puns.
Puns? What puns? We were just talking about Kov at the bullet factory and how he should shell out for drinks.
It has started to feel like you're all sniping at him now
I'm keeping my powder dry for now.
Good, don't want to go off half cocked
Don't be a dum-dum about it.
The blue dot marks the spot where I am lunching today, on the road to Holmfirth

Attachment:
Screenshot_20210624-124347_Maps.jpg

and ....... Wait for it........ IT'S FOGGY. :DD

Attachment:
20210624_124408.jpg
I've ridden down that on my bike. Bloody terrifying.
Love the Woodhead Pass, been over it in all weathers. Often all at once
I was hoping for a quiet day, but that's not likely now. Each box represents a repair, not just a delivery, and the round trip to all sites is about 150 miles.
Attachment:
20210626_081148.jpg
Terrible choice of place to stop for lunch today. I'm on the road out of Bury to the M66. I've stopped here several times in the past and it's been acceptable, but today the traffic is relentless. I had to wait several minutes until I thought it was safe to open the van door and get my scran out of the back. Where the hell are they all going? It's like a mass evacuation to avoid some kind of catastrophes.
Attachment:
20210627_132631.jpg
Warhead wrote:
Terrible choice of place to stop for lunch today. I'm on the road out of Bury to the M66. I've stopped here several times in the past and it's been acceptable, but today the traffic is relentless. I had to wait several minutes until I thought it was safe to open the van door and get my scran out of the back. Where the hell are they all going? It's like a mass evacuation to avoid some kind of catastrophes.
Attachment:
20210627_132631.jpg

Answer in bold.
Findus Fop wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Attachment:
20210627_132631.jpg

Answer in bold.

Good point, well made, but why do they have to do it when I'm on my break.
Had to have a call with people from Disney at work today and my cat was being really fussy and making her usual mrrrp noises.
If Disney introduce a new cartoon cat that sounds like her, I want royalties.
I now officially hate cats... just went to move my recycling boxes as they have been emptied. There was next doors cat in it, I am not sure who got the biggest shock.... bloody cats!!
KovacsC wrote:
I now officially hate cats... just went to move my recycling boxes as they have been emptied. There was next doors cat in it, I am not sure who got the biggest shock.... bloody cats!!

:D
KovacsC wrote:

obligatory footage of Kov's neighbour

What? No mention of Andy Murray's return to Wimbledon?

First two matches were certainly entertaining, and no easy ride for him. How long can he keep it up, when he's not really match fit?
So I send an invoice that was to be paid by the 28th June on it. I wrote on the invoice that this was the case and the person acknowledged that they'd received said invoice.

It's July the 1st today and it's still not been paid so I send an email saying 'please can you pay this. It's late'. They reply saying it'll be paid by tomorrow.

Honestly... I've done the work, just bloomin' pay me you fuckers!

And don't get me started on the invoice for a small job I did to help the local school out which is even later. I can't call them fuckers though as they look after my kids all day.
Do you charge a percentage up front?

One of my usually good payers is late paying for June and I'm more offended by that than the habitually late ones.
Penalty clauses, changing payment terms etc... I tried it all back in the day. The reality is all you can do is keep contacting them and be really annoying in a polite way, and bitch about them to other people :D
"If I don't receive payment by tomorrow I'll need to charge the statutory interest rate of 8% on top" (or whatever the % is) sorts the wheat from the chaff.

Of course, they could also decide not to give you any future work, but no-one wants to work for people that don't pay on time ;)
I just am really grumpy today..... tooooooo many idiots

I am on leave next week, I have been telling people I am on leave. If I need to approve anything it needs to be with me today. One Project manager has set a call for 6pm today, and is surprised I said no, so he has re-arranged it for Monday. He will be disappointed.
KovacsC wrote:

Hey, you've been a member of this forum for years, you should know what it's like by now.
Squirt wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Hey, you've been a member of this forum for years, you should know what it's like by now.

This forum are my fav idiots.
Jem wrote:
Do you charge a percentage up front?

Normally yes. This was a rush job though so I didn't in this instance but that's not normal for me.

Trooper wrote:
Penalty clauses, changing payment terms etc... I tried it all back in the day. The reality is all you can do is keep contacting them and be really annoying in a polite way, and bitch about them to other people :D

Yep. Polite email after polite email. I do get annoyed though. I ended my last email with just 'Thanks' instead of 'Many thanks'. I hope they realised.

GazChap wrote:
"If I don't receive payment by tomorrow I'll need to charge the statutory interest rate of 8% on top" (or whatever the % is) sorts the wheat from the chaff.

Of course, they could also decide not to give you any future work, but no-one wants to work for people that don't pay on time ;)

I agree but I have worked with them before and, while they do pay late, they do eventually pay and are quite generous so I can't really afford to tell them to get stuffed.

But anyway, it's a moot point because they've paid me this morning after my email yesterday.

Thanks for listening everyone.
Jem wrote:

Yep. Polite email after polite email. I do get annoyed though. I ended my last email with just 'Thanks' instead of 'Many thanks'. I hope they realised

Hit them with a krgds next time.
TheVision wrote:
I ended my last email with just 'Thanks' instead of 'Many thanks'. I hope they realised.

:DD

My late payer paid this morning too, woohoo
TheVision wrote:
I ended my last email with just 'Thanks' instead of 'Many thanks'.

Fucking harsh.
I was very happy to get a sneaky second parkrun of the year in (they have restarted in NI, but not yet England, Scotland or Wales).

But imagine my joy on being told that we had a celebrity in our little car park overlooking the sea, where I had headed for cake!?! Kinbane Castle, on the North Coast of Northern Ireland.

I know, the picture is terrible, so you'll have to take my word for it, but that blue blob in the middle is none other than ...

Attachment:
IMG_20210703_134933.jpg

Edwin Poots!

I didn't identify him myself, the Irish lady I was talking to told me. You might question her judgement, she had previously given me her phone number within 5 minutes of arriving, but I'm pretty sure she was right.

It also looks a bit like a fuzzy Johnson is making his way to the toilets, but that isn't him.
Looks more like Mary Whitehouse going to the karzi, to me.

Is Mr Poots a car park attendant now?
Page 24 of 64 [ 3169 posts ]