Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 79  Next
 Post subject: Re: Animal Crossing Switch
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 15:08 

Does anybody have either of these recipes, perchance? I’m looking for some garden benches. Will
Send materials in advance as I’m after four.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 15:32 
Comfortably Dumb

I've left four iron garden benches just by my airport that you can grab :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 15:47 

Thanks, DM! I think I missed your gate being open but I’ll keep an eye out and I’ve got the iron nuggets with me and will drop them outside your house x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 15:50 
Comfortably Dumb

Mimi wrote:
Thanks, DM! I think I missed your gate being open but I’ll keep an eye out and I’ve got the iron nuggets with me and will drop them outside your house x

Weird. Just checked on my Switch and as soon as I moved my character, it took me back to the airport with the gate closed. Reopened it now anyway :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 15:57 

Fab! Thank you so much. I’ve dropped the iron outside your house. Thank you. Taking these off to my new garden now! x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 17:01 
Excellent Member

I have the other resident, but I will need to stock up on wood first as it's the same wood I used for the dressers and Im low now

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 17:03 
Excellent Member

sorry to be over so short Rick but husband had dinner ready so had to dash

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 17:09 

miki wrote:
I have the other resident, but I will need to stock up on wood first as it's the same wood I used for the dressers and Im low now

I’ve got the benches now, @Miki (I only wanted one type or the other, not both) but so will mail you some wood. I was having a brain scramble yesterday and I think I gave you a load of hardwood whereas it’s the other wood (wood) that the dressers took, wasn’t it? I’ll mail you as much as I can. I don’t want anything made with it, but I have a house full of the stuff so you may as well have some!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 17:15 

It’s only let me send one letter with 30 pieces as I’d mailed you a cupboard earlier, but I’ll send you some more in the morning. I hope that was the right wood this time!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 17:37 
Excellent Member

Thanks mimi! very sweet of you!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 18:09 

I’m
Sorry I brought the wrong stuff over yesterday. I was sure it was hardwood, so I went smacking all my trees to get some (conversely, that’s the one I’m always a bit short of... ‘wood’ and ‘softwood’ I’m overrun with!), and it wasn’t until you said earlier that I re-checked and think I messed up. I actually think I messed a load of stuff up. I know I sent two identical beds to somebody else... trying to pay a bit more attention today.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 18:11 

Dimrill wrote:
Handy dandy guide for spotting art forgeries once Redd arrives.

This is perfect! I think a lot of those are the same forgeries as previous games. Has anyone actually got Redd today, or is he more likely to make an appearance after Earth Week?

I’m having fun making a little public garden next to my hybrid nursery today.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 18:38 
Excellent Member

it's all good, I wrecked a nook island ;-)

so this is my fist time playing any animal crossing game and Im loving it, but there are things I have absolutely no clue on
and I'm used to googling something and learning, but my main things I don't know how to do are customisation and landscaping
but if I google any variation of "how do I use landscaping" I get a million hits for how to unlock it. yes I have unlocked it and yes I have the customisation thing
but I have made 1 design for a sign that says 3 words and it took me like half an hour and looks completely crap and I have fixed one little thing in a river and that took like half an hour
and all Im looking for is an explanation of HOW you make a path and HOW I can make myself an Eleanor t-shirt
I have seen a million youtube clips with lovely designs ppl have made and wonderful tips but not HOW
can anyone point me to an idiots guide?
I dont have the sisters shop yet so no booth in the shop, just the nook app but I did buy the upgrade though I have no idea what/how it does
thanks for listening

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 18:56 
Comfortably Dumb

As C.J is on my island today, I thought I'd relax with a bit of fishing. The stamp for getting 100 in a row was bugging me, so I've finally got that one now and a couple of nice new fish along the way too.

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 7901224962

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 19:01 
Participant in dramatic games

Ah that famous stamp @devilman, i seem to mess up around the 80 mark all the time... my daughter is a far better fisherman than i am..

@miki.. Thanx fir the dresser <3, can make my kitchinette now.. (and just learned i need to make some more ironwood for the theme bonus) and kudos for talking dutch to me
https://twitter.com/RomanistaSwitch/sta ... 8783869952

@mimi, i have the bench.. decorated my museum square with it [edit: you've bene helped now i see

I got the book now too, how ironic that it is immediately out of dat with the update... really hoping Redd will sail soon now, to open the museum floor.... did i tell you guys that i love the museum already ;)

Tomorrow the new nook will open, another important day in my island's history!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 19:01 
Skillmeister

miki wrote:
all Im looking for is an explanation of HOW you make a path

LT to open your Nook Phone - Construction App (Mine's the middle icon on the middle line) - then + to switch between what paths you want to lay down - A to do the tile in front of you. You can buy more path types with Nook Miles at the Kiosk in Resident Services.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 19:07 

@Miki the design app is a very time-consuming tool. There are lots of people who WILL invest the time and energy, but it’s really not everyone’s idea of fun. However you can still utilise it in a few ways, even if you don’t want to draw things pixel by pixel.

There is a tool here: http://www.acpatterns.com that allows you to upload a picture, crop to a square, and convert that into a QR code you can use in-game. You can also use it as a desktop pattern design interface, which you may find easier than using the in-game creator.

Once you have something scanned in that you like, convert it to a QR code and use the Nintendo app that you use to chat whilst playing the game.

In there you’ll see a tool called ‘designs’, use that to scan the wrong code.

Next, open up the Designs up on your Nook Phone, on the switch, and select ‘import’. That will allow you to add it to the designs in the game.

Alternatively, you can search online for ‘animal Crossing QR codes, to use other people’s designs, and now you can use the little screen interface at the tailors to enter creator and design codes like this one, from other people:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 19:09 

Dimrill wrote:
miki wrote:
all Im looking for is an explanation of HOW you make a path

LT to open your Nook Phone - Construction App (Mine's the middle icon on the middle line) - then + to switch between what paths you want to lay down - A to do the tile in front of you. You can buy more path types with Nook Miles at the Kiosk in Resident Services.

You can also open up the design app on your nook phone, select one of your own designs, and choose ‘display on floor’ to lay single tiles of your own design.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 19:10 
Skillmeister

IMHo Nook's Island is a better pattern site.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 19:21 

That looks great!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 19:25 
Excellent Member

Rick I'm a Dutchie in Nederland, married to an Brit boy so Im used to mixing

Dimrill and Mimi, thanks for your help, I know I should just experiment with the path but Im good at overthinking and second guessing myself

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 19:27 
Skillmeister

Mimi wrote:
That looks great!

It's a rabbit hole that I'm currently trapped in again!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 19:54 

miki wrote:
Rick I'm a Dutchie in Nederland, married to an Brit boy so Im used to mixing

Dimrill and Mimi, thanks for your help, I know I should just experiment with the path but Im good at overthinking and second guessing myself

The path/cliff/water scaling tool is new to this game. I cleared an area of trees and flowers and just had a play with the idea that I’d be able to flatten/undo everything once I had an idea of how it worked. I still find it a bit fiddly (placing the squares of cliff/water/path exactly and then chopping the corners off to round them out (accidentally building another square, trying to delete it but chopping away another) but eventually I get the shape I’m after more or less.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:57 

Today’s tune is I Love You if anyone wants a disc sending. No fossils matching up today, but if anyone else has a fossils wanties list list it up so I can keep an eye out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:30 

Redd is in my town today! Leif isn’t around, but I bought a few extra shrubs yesterday in case Eco points depended on them (not today, I just had to place a picked flower down)

Also, in case you didn’t realise, if you speak to Nook he’ll give you an eco week(o) gift (a recipe to make your own hedges, for me). I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere and happened to speak to him (because I paid off my second floor and am now getting my basement :D)

Edit: ah, the crafted hedge behaves like a fence. Does everyone know this already? I think I may have just lumped hedges and shrubs together as the same thing in my mind.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:26 
Excellent Member

Im so HAPPY because Leif is here today and I bought some of everything he had and now I have 3 colour mums and and 3 colour cosmos and azaeas and olives?

and I've done some landscaping around the rivers so I have jump bits and dont need the stick anymore and Im replanting trees and yay!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:40 
sneering elitist

Was I supposed to be giving someone something? I have had a MANIC week and I have a sudden feeling that I'm forgetting to pay someone or send nuggets or something. Apologies if that is the case :S

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 13:21 
Skillmeister

Olives?! Yes please! :D Can I pop across and buy some Miki?

My Leif is selling Azaleas and Hibiscus if anyone wants some. aaaand! Roses!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 13:30 

Who whooo!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 13:32 

Oh no! I did not realise that there were more than two types of bush! If I’d known I’d have bought a load up to send out. Grrrr. Sorry. I had axe lead and... clematis? Maybe... I can’t think now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 13:49 
Comfortably Dumb

Been buying a few bits from Leif - Azaleas, Hydrangeas, Cosmos and Lilies and planted a few bits on my lunch break. :)

Bought a painting and donated it to trigger the museum expansion too.

Today's shop:
https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 8924972032

Gate is open etc :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 13:50 
Participant in dramatic games

So i bought a painting from redd after razor sharp negotiations and gave it to a happy blather. He talks about permits. Anybody seen anything how it works. After 5 pintings he starts remodelling?” Or something?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 14:44 

romanista wrote:
So i bought a painting from redd after razor sharp negotiations and gave it to a happy blather. He talks about permits. Anybody seen anything how it works. After 5 pintings he starts remodelling?” Or something?

He just said to me that it was genuine and that he had to begin work right away. I took it to mean that he’d have the museum under construction tomorrow for a day or two. I think the permits talk it just Blathers blathering.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 15:24 
sneering elitist

Finally saw some shooting stars on my daughter's island last night (I was getting some flowers while she was in bed). Pressed the button loads for her and she's got somewhere in the region of 25 star fragments today! Am slightly jealous :DD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 16:12 
Excellent Member

Devilman I went to your island today and bought some flower seeds and shrubs and met some of your islanders, I love your shouty frog :D

I also bought the painting and gave it to blathers and have been happy as larry planting flowers and shrubs and moving trees and making hopping stones in my rivers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 16:33 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

https://nerdist.com/article/elijah-wood ... ip-prices/

https://twitter.com/directedbyrian/stat ... 2849276934

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 16:38 
Skillmeister

that's awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 16:49 
Skillmeister

Bit of a long shot, but has anyone got a yellow tricycle they can order for me? Looks like this:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 17:26 

miki wrote:
Devilman I went to your island today and bought some flower seeds and shrubs and met some of your islanders, I love your shouty frog :D

I also bought the painting and gave it to blathers and have been happy as larry planting flowers and shrubs and moving trees and making hopping stones in my rivers

:luv:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 17:26 

Dimrill wrote:
Bit of a long shot, but has anyone got a yellow tricycle they can order for me? Looks like this:

Sadly not in that colour :( I have one but it’s just black.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 17:41 
Skillmeister

Mimi wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

Sadly not in that colour :( I have one but it’s just black.

ooh! that'll do. Could you spoing one over and I'll be forever grateful. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 17:51 

Ohms course I can x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 18:54 
Skillmeister

Ta Best Meems!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 19:49 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

https://twitter.com/TheXboxVision/statu ... 9420191744

This was on the beach at the back of my island... Any idea who it belongs to?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 19:54 
Skillmeister

TheVision wrote:

Redd.

Ta Meems! I've finished my parking for Timmy and Tommy now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 20:04 
Excellent Member

@jem, maybe youre thinking of me because I made you an ironwood dressor
we kept missing eachother so I just sent it in the post to mimi, asking her to send it on to you
I hope we still meet soon, when you have an easier week :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 20:16 

Dimrill wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Redd.

Ta Meems! I've finished my parking for Timmy and Tommy now.

CUTE!! If I see the other colour I’ll send it over xxx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 20:35 
sneering elitist

miki wrote:
@jem, maybe youre thinking of me because I made you an ironwood dressor
we kept missing eachother so I just sent it in the post to mimi, asking her to send it on to you
I hope we still meet soon, when you have an easier week :)

Thank you so much :) sorry you got kicked off my island just, my connection dropped. :( Gate is open again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 20:44 
Excellent Member

Youre very welcome! thanks for the bath and I hope it's ok I took a bag of lilly seeds fro the free stuff beach
I loved meeting a lot of your islanders and your island looks amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 20:47 
sneering elitist

Absolutely, the free stuff is open to all :) thanks again for visiting!

Reply to topic  [ 3919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 79  Next