Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Scum Trek Day Five
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:49 
Sleepyhead

There's blood everywhere. It seems like the engineering desk has been turned into a battlefield.

First they find myp it. His head has been severed by a Klingon Batleth. Blood cakes the console next to him, and has dried on the floor next to his body, and the body of another.

The other body is KovacsC. He has also been killed by the Batleth, driving it through his own stomach in the ultimate gesture of regret.

myp it was a Civilian
KovacsC was Lt Worf

But that's not all. Next to them lies another body, in a Starfleet uniform.

It's DavPaz. He's a scrawny little wretch of a person, and he's been shot in the face with a phaser.

DavPaz was Wesley Crusher

But wait! What are those wires sneaking out of him? Ewwww, he's been Borged!

DavPaz was also a Borg Drone.

[playerlist]
Bobbyaro
Slightly Green
Malc
Joans
TheVision
NervousPete
Craster
gospvg
[/playerlist]

With 8 players remaining, 5 votes are needed to give someone the old heave-ho through the airlock. 6 votes would be required for an inexplicable nolynch.

This day ends on Thursday at 9pm.

Post subject: Re: Scum Trek Day Five
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:54 

I guess we do have borg then.
At least 1 romulan left
Up to 4 borg.
I guess if there were 4 borg, and they'd infiltrated the romulans it would be game over now, so either they haven't managed to recruit every night, or there's at least one non-borg romulan.
I don't even know where to look anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:00 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Mr Russell was a Romulan and Malc's last minute vote for him makes me even more suspicious.

Carrying on the work that Trooper left off.. [vote:Malc]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:08 
Isn't that lovely?

TheVision wrote:
Mr Russell was a Romulan and Malc's last minute vote for him makes me even more suspicious.

Carrying on the work that Trooper left off.. [vote:Malc]

Crazy...

If I hadn't have voted for him, then I would have been suspicious for not voting for him!

You are still my number one suspect!

However, the fact that people had the chance to vote for Mr Russ and didn't is more suspect imo.

Craster decide to vote for me right at the end, I presume he was trying to get a deadlock, so the day would time out...

So [vote:craster]

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:10 
Excellent Member

He could very well be. But I fear the Borg more. They are after all the scariest villains of Star Trek, not including the fashion designers.

A borgified Wesley. *shudder*

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 13:29 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Did Wesley know who the other crew were? Pete's comments are true, a borged Wesley, nothing scarier!

Right:
TheVision's arguments against Malc, I initially thought they were a bit silly, because Malc was suspect romulan for killing trooper, and is suspect for voting off Mr Russ. Is The Vision suspect of malc for being romulan again? The argument yesterday still holds true, killing trooper was silly if malc is a romulan.
However, Malc's argument against Craster holds weight, he could well have been going for a deadlock. Except, it wasn't the last minute, it was 4 hours before the end of the game.

Basically, I don't know, so back to my list:
Bobbyaro wrote:
People what I suspect:
Slightly Green
Myp it
Craster
KovacsC
Gospvg
DavPaz
TheVision
Malc
Joans
NervousPete
Mr Russell

In that order.

[vote: Nervous Pete]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 13:37 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

What makes me most nervous right now is the idea that the Borg could have assimilated Romulan goons, or even the Romulan leader.

Rule clarification please - if a Goon gets borgified, can they still talk to the other Romulans as a sleeper? Can the borg change the target if they have a borgified Goon on the payroll, and he gets sent out to kill?

If the above are true, the Borg turn from a cult into cult/mafia, which is a bit frightening.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 13:44 

Craster wrote:
What makes me most nervous right now is the idea that the Borg could have assimilated Romulan goons, or even the Romulan leader.

Rule clarification please - if a Goon gets borgified, can they still talk to the other Romulans as a sleeper? Can the borg change the target if they have a borgified Goon on the payroll, and he gets sent out to kill?

If the above are true, the Borg turn from a cult into cult/mafia, which is a bit frightening.

My interpretation is this:
If the borg get any of the Romulans, then that Romulans win condition becomes borg, but he will remain in contact with the with the rest of the Romulans as if nothing had happened. They would still keep their night action, so if they got the leader, they would obviously be able to influence who was killed/roleblocked, but if they got the killer/roleblocker, they wouldn't be able to utilize them as the orders come from the Romulan leader.
Once the borg have one romulan, it would be in their best interest to get all of them, and presumably the borg/romulan would tell them who the rest of the other romulans are. This does lead to a bit of a grey area in the rules, because if they happened to get a goon, then it's in the goons best interests to make sure the leader doesn't order a kill/roleblock on the borg. Obviously, the easiest way to do this would be to say "don't kill any of the following people... we'll all be borg in a couple of days".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 13:49 

On the plus side for us townies, if they got a Romulan, they will target them, so there may be more federation left than thought, however, they got Wesley, so that seems unlikely. Especially, if he was able to tell them who the other federation are.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 13:50 

Wesley was an ensign, right? So he's not part of the Star Fleet crew that can talk to each other.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 13:53 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

No, but does he know whether his overnight guesses were correct?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 13:55 

Craster wrote:
No, but does he know whether his overnight guesses were correct?

Good point, but he was (apparently) roleblocked on two of the nights.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 13:56 
Isn't that lovely?

Bobbyaro wrote:
Did Wesley know who the other crew were? Pete's comments are true, a borged Wesley, nothing scarier!

Right:
TheVision's arguments against Malc, I initially thought they were a bit silly, because Malc was suspect romulan for killing trooper, and is suspect for voting off Mr Russ. Is The Vision suspect of malc for being romulan again? The argument yesterday still holds true, killing trooper was silly if malc is a romulan.
However, Malc's argument against Craster holds weight, he could well have been going for a deadlock. Except, it wasn't the last minute, it was 4 hours before the end of the game.

Basically, I don't know, so back to my list:
Bobbyaro wrote:
People what I suspect:
Slightly Green
Myp it
Craster
KovacsC
Gospvg
DavPaz
TheVision
Malc
Joans
NervousPete
Mr Russell

In that order.

[vote: Nervous Pete]

I don't think that Wesley knew who the crew were, otherwise he would have won and left the game. Although as soon as he was borged he wouldn't have kept his win condition, so I don't know what would have happened there...

As for craster not voting for Russ, it may well be entirely innocent, and he thought I was dirtier than Russ, but he could have killed Russ if he wanted. He obviously didn't want to, I didn't realise it was 4 hours before hand, I thought it was closer than that (about 90 minutes or so) and given how sporadic the posting has been, he might have thought he could have saved his team mate.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:01 
What's this bit for exactly?

*Ping! - Q appears, carrying a large bag of popcorn*

Poor Worf. Or should I say 'Bad Doggie!' Hahahaaa!

*Looks around at the shocked & tired faces...*
Anyone?

Anyone?

*Shakes head in disgust*
Oh well, suit yourselves.

Mortals, eh? No sense of humour...

*Pop*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:02 
Isn't that lovely?

It was made quite clear that Wesley doesn't know who is whom, until he gets the 5 right.

Craster is moving further up my guilty list!

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:09 
Sleepyhead

For clarification, anyone taken over by the Borg is given a new win condition, but keeps their old 'role'. A borged Goon would have to carry out the Romulan Leader's orders, even if that meant killing the Borg Queen.

Should a Goon be assimilated, said Goon could tell the Leader to wait and they'll Borg him, but I would consider that to be against the spirit of the game and would discourage it as an option.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:13 
Excellent Member

Craster wants a rule clarification on how to be a borg?

HMM.

[vote: Craster]

Of course I could be hugely wrong. But until I find a better reason for someone el...

Moe the Barkeep: "SOMEONE ELSE!"

Mob: "SOMEONE ELSE! SOMEONE ELSE!"

etc.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:26 

Ok, let's try some good old analysis...

Day 1 - Final votes
kalmar: 12 (zaphod79, nickachu, Trooper, Bobbyaro, Malc, Mr Russell, KovacsC, DavPaz, TheVision, Craster, Alarm, Slightly Green)
Known Romulans Nickachu & Mr Russ voting for Kalmar there. Still alive are Bobbyaro, Malc, The Vision, Craster & Slightly Green.
Still alive, but didn't vote for Kalmar, you've got me (voted for Hero of Excellence), Pete (Zaphod) & Gospvg (didn't vote).

Day 2
mr dom: 10 (nickachu, myp it, ElephantBanjoGnome, Slightly Green, Malc, gospvg, zaphod79, DavPaz, Trooper, TheVision)
Only Nickachu voting for Mr Dom (Mr Russ voted for HOE), perhaps there's another romulan in the Mr Dom voting - Slightly Green, Malc, gos or the Vision?
Other votes - Bobbyaro (Gnomes), Me & Pete (both HoE), Craster (didn't vote)

Day 3
flis: 8 (Malc, Mr Russell, gospvg, DavPaz, nickachu, Craster, NervousPete, TheVision)
Again Russ & Nickachu voting together.
Bobbyaro voted for Trooper, me & Slightly Green didn't vote.

Day 4
mr russell: 4 (myp it, Slightly Green, Bobbyaro, Joans, Malc, Davpaz, TheVision)
Is there a goon trying to hide in that list?
Otherwise Gos & Craster voted for Malc, Pete didn't vote...

Not sure what conclusions you want to draw from that. Obviously finding the Romulan(s) is not as important as getting the borg, but if we can work out who might be Romulan, then it narrows the field a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:29 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

NervousPete wrote:

Duh. I'd have just PMd Curio if I didn't think it was important information for all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:33 
Isn't that lovely?

Craster wrote:
NervousPete wrote:

Duh. I'd have just PMd Curio if I didn't think it was important information for all.

Someone said yesterday, that people talking about roles, tend to be talking about their own role.

If that's the case, then are you a borgified romulan?

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:34 
Excellent Member

Craster wrote:
NervousPete wrote:

But borg only communicate collectively. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:37 

Seeing as Davpaz was hit by the Romulans, it's safe to say the Romulan leader isn't a borg (unless they got him last night).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:43 
Isn't that lovely?

Joans wrote:
Seeing as Davpaz was hit by the Romulans, it's safe to say the Romulan leader isn't a borg (unless they got him last night).

Ah yeah, I was going to mention that, but then what if the romulans/borg wanted people to think (for some reason that I can't fathom) that, and so allowed the kill anyway.

We could be up to 4 borg by now, so unless we get one in the vote, and then all non borg vote for them, and then the romulans kill another one (or Data blocks them) tonight, then I think they've won.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:47 

Don't really know if this means anything, but looking at the final votes for each day, Malc & The Vision were always voting for the person that got lynched, almost like they didn't care who died, just as long as it was someone. Hey look, Davpaz did that as well.
Obviously, not all three of them could have been borg from day 1, but it's the best I've got.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:51 
Isn't that lovely?

Joans wrote:
Don't really know if this means anything, but looking at the final votes for each day, Malc & The Vision were always voting for the person that got lynched, almost like they didn't care who died, just as long as it was someone. Hey look, Davpaz did that as well.
Obviously, not all three of them could have been borg from day 1, but it's the best I've got.

Me and TheVision arguing in plain site, it would be intruiging, and it's certainly the sort of thing I might do, but I can say this time, that I a cannot communicate with him in any way shape or form, apart from in here...

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:53 
Isn't that lovely?

Just checking back, I guess there could be up to 4 romulans as well (although I think that's unlikely as 6 from 22 would be over 1/4!), so there are probably 3 left of them.

So in the worse case scenario (unless queen borg was blocked) I'm the only goodie left! yikes!

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:53 

If there are 4 borg left we're in trouble. All they need to do is not vote for their own and hope they can find the remaining Romulans before the Romulans find the queen, and the odds are firmly in their favour.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:54 
Isn't that lovely?

Joans wrote:

Also, that's quite simplistic,

I know I finished Russ of yesterday, but I don't think I've done that before, I don't think I've done that much bandwagon jumping to be honest...

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:56 

VOTE UPDATE

malc: 1 (TheVision)
craster: 2 (Malc, NervousPete)

Not voted: 5 (bobbyaro, slightly green, joans, craster, gospvg)

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

So Bobby's vote didn't count, (intentionally) and there's a lack of people jumping on the Craster bandwagon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:57 

Sorry, I meant to put (intentionally?), I've no idea whether or not it really was intentional.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:59 
Isn't that lovely?

Joans wrote:

Let's give bobby the benefit of the doubt, do we have the borg team there?

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 15:02 

Malc wrote:
Joans wrote:

Malc

If that's the borg team, why don't they all vote for you and finish the day?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 15:19 

No, it wasn't intentional, I just put a space in his name by mistake, to be honest, I've got nothing. I am more suss over NP now he ignored my vote for him, but I can't really blame him for doing that as my vote was silly. I think your malc/TV logic is sensible, but I have another question, have you Mr Joans received a single vote so far this game?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 15:22 

Russ voted for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 15:27 
Isn't that lovely?

Joans wrote:
Malc wrote:
Joans wrote:

Malc

Maybe they are not as big as we think they are?

I really don't know, you'd think if there were 3 or 4 borg, they would all pile in as soon as they could, to win the day, and possibly the game.

3 people voting for me or craster would surely secure it. Which implies there are less than 3, and that one of them is craster.

My logic may be flawed, but it's the best I can muster.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 15:32 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

that makes no sense whatsoever. Surely the fact that there isn't already a vote means that the people who haven't voted are less likely to be a voting block?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 15:47 

Busy night
We need to make sure we vote for the correct person today

I'm going to stick with my vote from yesterday for now

[vote: Malc]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 16:22 

Joans wrote:
Malc wrote:
Joans wrote:

Malc

gospvg wrote:
Busy night

Did he REALLY just do that?
[vote:gospvg]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 16:30 

Bobbyaro wrote:
Joans wrote:
Malc wrote:
Joans wrote:

Malc

gospvg wrote:
Busy night

Did he REALLY just do that?

So because I am one of the not voted, you automatically assume that makes me borg?
Sorry to disappoint but I'm not.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 17:03 
Excellent Member

Bobbyaro wrote:
No, it wasn't intentional, I just put a space in his name by mistake, to be honest, I've got nothing. I am more suss over NP now he ignored my vote for him, but I can't really blame him for doing that as my vote was silly. I think your malc/TV logic is sensible, but I have another question, have you Mr Joans received a single vote so far this game?

I just couldn't find it in my heart to hate you for it.

No, I noticed. But no one else seemed to be fussed and I was more afraid of others so I let it slide, reckoning I'd accidently make myself more suspicious if I immediately retaliated. Besides, I honestly don't think you're a baddy. Yet.

I still suspect Craster. And I'd say those who haven't voted yet are MORE likely to be a voting block, as the group is probably bickering about who to lynch.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 20:13 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Hey all, (sorry have had a bit of a family emergeny after a nighmare day at work), have caught up with the day quickly and am still not trusting malc, so [vote: Malc].

Will hopefuly be able to get back on later and explain why later.

SG

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 21:14 
Isn't that lovely?

I think all the people voting for me are probably borg, as gospvg has someone on him already,

I urge all non-borg to join me in this vote.

We really need to bag-a-borg today!

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 21:38 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

You seem obsessed with Borg Malc... Trying to divert our attention maybe?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 22:02 
Isn't that lovely?

TheVision wrote:
You seem obsessed with Borg Malc... Trying to divert our attention maybe?

We should all be obsessed with them, they are going to win the game unless we are very careful, we really need to kill them all, especially the queen.

My suspicion of you grows all the time, and it started pretty big.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 22:14 

Malc wrote:
I think all the people voting for me are probably borg, as gospvg has someone on him already,

Sorry so because you said earlier that the people who have not voted must be borg, we are supposed to go with that?
5 Borg players?

I don't think there is 5 borg players at best I think there is probably 2 left because DavPaz died overnight.

Over the last few days you have managed to divert attention off yourself onto other players & yet overnight we have one civilian & Lt die.

Sorry I think you are the Romulan Leader.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 22:15 

VOTE UPDATE

craster: 1 (NervousPete)
gospvg: 2 (Malc, Bobbyaro)
malc: 3 (TheVision, gospvg, Slightly Green)

Not voted: 2 (joans, craster)

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 22:29 

The borg are almost certainly the biggest threat at this stage to the extent that killing the Romulan leader could finish the game. To say there are probably only 2 borg left is ridiculous. Davpaz was roleblocked twice and Trooper once, then the romulan roleblocker died. So unless the queen tried to recruit Q before he died and Riker, then there are almost certainly 4 borg in the game and that is who we need to concentrate on.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 22:29 
Isn't that lovely?

gospvg wrote:
Malc wrote:

Sorry so because you said earlier that the people who have not voted must be borg, we are supposed to go with that?
5 Borg players?

I don't think there is 5 borg players at best I think there is probably 2 left because DavPaz died overnight.

Over the last few days you have managed to divert attention off yourself onto other players & yet overnight we have one civilian & Lt die.

Sorry I think you are the Romulan Leader.

I don't think there are 5 borg, I said that within the group of people I mention you would find the borg, I clearly said I think there are fewer than 3 borg. However, they are the biggest threat.

You might think I am the romulan leader, (I am not) but you should not vote out the romulan leader, you should vote out the borg queen, or failing that at least one of the borg.

If you think I am Romulan, stop voting for me, and start voting for whomever you think the borg are.

Malc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 22:36 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Malc wrote:
If you think I am Romulan, stop voting for me, and start voting for whomever you think the borg are.

Are....are you going for the Curio defense here? I'm a Romulan, but the Borg are a bigger threat!?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 22:43 
Isn't that lovely?

I'm doing no such thing, I am saying, if you think I'm romulan (which is what gospvg has stated), then you should stop voting for me, and instead vote for someone you think is borg.

Malc

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next