Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Day 5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 15:07 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

It is morning once again. Birds chatter on the rooftops as the townsfolk look around to see what carnage has been wrought overnight. One unfortunate is missing. Days later he would be found, purple-faced and rotting in a storm drain, but for now he's simply MIA.

KovacsC was a Townie.

With 4 players left alive, 3 votes are required for a lynching.

[playerlist]
Joans
JBR
Mr Russell
zaphod79
[/playerlist]

Day 5 will end 8pm Tuesday

Post subject: Re: Day 5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 15:11 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Craster wrote:
With 4 players left alive, two votes are required for a lynching.

*cough*

Also: Whoooooo-oooooooo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 15:12 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Errr only one dead ?

2 votes required for a lynch so *DONT* vote until its agreed - as it seems there are still bad people around and a wrong vote they jump on and its game over.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 15:13 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Yeah, my bad - it's 3 votes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 15:17 
Soopah red DS

Quite right, Zaph. If there's more than one bad guy then, crikey. If only one, then whoever it is has at some point voted for their own, or it's Joans.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 15:20 

This does look pretty open and shut, but I assure you it's not and if we kill the wrong person today then it's a mafia win.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 15:22 
8-Bit Champion

Okay no vigilante kill last night (i'm assuming the MIA kill is mafia?) means there are 4 people left , 1 mafia , 1 vigilante , and 2 townies.

If there was more than one mafia then today doesnt need to happen as there cant be a majority of townies - the mafia wins.

Not sure why the vigilante didnt kill last night as even if they got it wrong it would have been 1 townie , 1 mafia and them left (still a winning position if the townie voted with the vigilante).

If we as the town get it wrong today and dont get the vigilante (3 people left) then overnight could get very complicated and end up with 1 person left alive to win (depending on who kills who)

If we get it wrong and pick the vigilante then the mafia kills one overnight and then there cant be a majority vote so they kill again for the win.

Or if we get it right and pick the mafia then we win :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 15:28 
Soopah red DS

zaphod79 wrote:
Okay no vigilante kill last night (i'm assuming the MIA kill is mafia?) means there are 4 people left , 1 mafia , 1 vigilante , and 2 townies.

If there was more than one mafia then today doesnt need to happen as there cant be a majority of townies - the mafia wins.

Not sure why the vigilante didnt kill last night as even if they got it wrong it would have been 1 townie , 1 mafia and them left (still a winning position if the townie voted with the vigilante).

If we as the town get it wrong today and dont get the vigilante (3 people left) then overnight could get very complicated and end up with 1 person left alive to win (depending on who kills who)

If we get it wrong and pick the vigilante then the mafia kills one overnight and then there cant be a majority vote so they kill again for the win.

Or if we get it right and pick the mafia then we win :-)

Or there could be two mafia but they are therefore only equal in number and still need to off the vigilante - but they'd win tonight for sure, with today still having to happen but with them just wanting it to dribble past. I agree that one last lurker is the most likely.

And I like your optimism. If we can make it three in three then we'll all retire for tea and medals. Errrr. Mr Russell or Joans are my shortlist, with Mr R having credit for aiming straight at Bluecup. Unless that was cunning double-bluff.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 16:25 
8-Bit Champion

I really doubt there are any more mafia if theres one more that makes 4 from the start which is quite a lot when there were only 14 players (if you count Mr Dom)

Playerlist from day 1 :

Mr Dom - Mafia roleblocker - killed on night 0
Bluecup - Mafia - lynched on night 4

Joans - alive
bobbyaro - Mafia - lynched on night 3
superdupergill - Town witness killed on night 1
Kalmar - Town bodyguard - killed on night 1

Grim... - Townie - killed on night 2
KovacsC - Townie - killed on night 4
The Rev Owen - Townie - killed on night 3

JBR - Alive
Mr Dave - Townie - killed on night 3
Mr Russell - Alive
zaphod79 - Alive

Curiosity - Townie - killed on night 2

And i'm going to be really really clever and say that the person running the game didnt just put people in the list in little blocks (looks pointedly at Joans)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 16:27 

Well, the player list on day one didn't include Mr Dom, so you just put him there to fit your theory.
Also, wouldn't that have made Grim... the vigilante?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 16:31 
8-Bit Champion

Joans wrote:
Well, the player list on day one didn't include Mr Dom, so you just put him there to fit your theory.

I actually put him there first before anyone else so i could remember he was there , but your right he's not in the first list , it was *not* done to prove my theory as when i made the list i didnt actually have a theory :-)

Joans wrote:
Also, wouldn't that have made Grim... the vigilante?

I'm *not* saying we should lynch you as the remaining mafia person on the reasoning that the person running the game put you in a particular position on the first day.

I'm just saying its an interesting pattern we have there.

I'm going to look back at posts made / people voted for and see if there are any other patterns in there ....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 17:21 
8-Bit Champion

My take on the days so far.

Quote:
Day 1 :

There is a little run of votes for JBR with none cast by people we know are bad (Bobby and JBR voted for Grim...)
However lots of people didnt vote at all (me / Bluecup / Joans / SDG / Kovacs / Russ)
No lynch

Quote:
Day 2 :

Bluecup votes for Kovacs
Bobby votes for Curiosity
Bluecup votes for Curiosity (unusual 2 mafia voting for the same person at this stage?) - doing so pushes attention away from JBR?
Curiosity votes for Bluecup then changes instantly to JBR so he has 2 votes
Grim... joins in the votes for Curiosity , Mr Dave unvotes
No lynch

Quote:
Day 3 :

JBR says we're stuffed
Russ votes for Mr Dave and says he suspects me and Owen
Bobby says hes suspicious of Mr Dave / Owen and "the quiet ones" - singling out Kovacs and Bluecup (Interesting that he added bluecup since he was bad (and bobby knew that) and everyone else on the list was good)
Russ and I have a few comments about why Owen and I are suspicious
Owen is suspicious of Russ as he's trying to be helpful
JBR says that the mafia are trying to be quiet and votes for Kovacs
Bluecup questions my comments but votes for Kovacs
Mr Dave points out that Bluecup / Joans / Kovacs have not said much and votes for Bobby
Mr Russ asks why Dave is ignoring the quiet ones
Bluecup suggests there are 2 mafia goons (although we now know 3?)
JBR votes for Bobby
Bobby has a go at Mr Dave and mentions he understands JBR jumping on this as he's "at the top of peoples lists"
Mr Dave questions this thought that JBR is suspicious.
Bobby doesnt really answer
Owen votes for Mr Dave
Russ votes for Owen
Bobby votes for Mr Dave
JBR comments that the mafia are not jumping on any bandwagons
I vote for Bobby
Owen votes for Bobby
Russ votes for Bobby
Bobby has a bit of a rant and again mentions "2 mafia left"

Quote:
Day 4 :

My first comment "at least 1 mafia"
JBR's first comment "2 mafia" ?
JBR votes for Kovacs as bobby 'defended him'
Bluecup votes for Kovacs
I ask for calm , and Joans backs me up (? - i think he's done this a few times i will need to go back through but i seem to remember me posting and then Joans saying "we should do what Zaphod said")
Bluecup says he's voting for Kovacs because he's silent and Deadly
Kovacs claims he's a townie and votes for JBR
Russ quotes some of Bobbys posts and points the finger at Bluecup (with a vote) plus a strong FOS at Joans if bluecup is not the last mafia
JBR hopes Russ is right and wonders if he is then he's doing it to provide cover for himself.
Kovacs votes for Bluecup
I vote for Bluecup
JBR switches votes to Bluecup to finish him off.

So from that lot.

I trust Russ , I dont think he was casting doubts on Bluecup to cover for himself.
JBR i'm not sure about , he has done things which make me suspicious but nothing has really screamed 'bad' at me and the switch to vote for Bluecup at the end of yesterday was positive (however although i dont think Russ voted to cover himself i think JBR may have)
And i'm suspicous of Joans , for not really doing very much for the whole time and that feeling that he was backing me up when i said stuff (i'm going to go back and re-read some of these again to check) , and that Russ had him as his number 2.

Comments from anyone else ?

Russ why else did you suspect Joans yesterday, and what are your thoughts on JBR
JBR do you have anything to say ?
Joans do you have anything to say ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 20:00 
Awesome
Yes

BOOM! I am shit hot! I bloody re-read the whole days and worked out Bluecup was a mafia from proper psychology! I hope I've made poor, dead Mr Dave happy, as I feel bloody chuffed about that one.

Now to re-read this thread properly, and give my next considered opinion!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 20:17 
Awesome
Yes

Right. The game has not ended so there must be one more mafioso, yes?
Theoretically, there could be two, as JBR said (1 vig, 1 townie, 2 mafia) which would mean nobody could gain a majority today, and the overnight kills would be 1 x mafia, 1x vig. The mafia would kill townie or vig, and the vig could kill townie or mafia and the game is won or lost there.

I therefore bloody hope there's only one mafia left. If we had got them all, the game would be won for townies already.

In reply to Zaphod - I was only suspicious of Joans yesterday because of his quietness. Bluecup and Bobbyaro have clearly said in PMs that as mafia people normally keep quiet, they should make some bluster in the thread. HOWEVER, they referred to this too often in the main thread for my liking, and this piqued my suspicion, which turned out to be correct. IF I was on this team, I would have made some talkies, and a real quiet one to continually slip under the radar, of which Joans fits the bill.

I wonder why Kovacs was killed last night. He was a quiet player, which would suggest mafia to me, but the mafia would therefore not have tried to kill him. The vigilante would. Can we have confirmation that it was the mafia, not the vig that offed Kovacs, Craster?

B'oh!!! What if the vigilante and the mafia both went for Kovacs? It would explain only one kill if the vigilante isn't a pussy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 20:41 
Soopah red DS

Hmm. Well, I do have much chuntering to say. In my defence, as soon as I've had an idea someone was mafia (Bobbyaro) or that they might be and we need a lynch (Bluecup), I've been in like Flynn. Bobby I was on to thanks to Mr Dave, but think that the reason Mr Dave spotted him was because he knew straight off that Kalmar had killed the vig - therefore that Gill was offed by the mafia. The kills were distinctive, of course, but it still wasn't absolutely sure and it was unusual for them not to be attributed first.

Quote:
Awww crap. Gilly! Couldn't you have given us something!!!
Did Kalmar say anthing to give himself away, and if so, why would the vigilante go after him?

So I was very happy to off him and went straight for him. At the mo I am thinking Mr Russ has either been very clever or absolutely trustworthy in finding Bluecup, Zaph safe because you've either chatted a lot and put yourself out there and always voted the right way, which only leaves us with Joans. Or me, if you like, but I would recommend not me for the town's sake, I really would.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:06 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Russell wrote:
I wonder why Kovacs was killed last night. He was a quiet player, which would suggest mafia to me, but the mafia would therefore not have tried to kill him. The vigilante would. Can we have confirmation that it was the mafia, not the vig that offed Kovacs, Craster?

B'oh!!! What if the vigilante and the mafia both went for Kovacs? It would explain only one kill if the vigilante isn't a pussy.

Your right , he was quiet with that hint of menace , if i was the vigilante that says 'mafia' , and if i was the mafia that says 'vigilante' so i guess your right that they both targeted him.

If there are *two* mafia left right now (plus the vigilante) then that would mean we started the game with 5 of them (out of 14 players) which seems overkill to me (actually 4 looks overkill but if you think that Mr Dom dies straight off then its basically '3' for the game).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:07 
Awesome
Yes

JBR Day 3: At the moment, all the mafia need to do is stay quiet and they'll win. Should we target someone even quieter than the rest of us and see what that shakes out? Vote [KovacsC]

JBR Day 3: Looks like a classic scummy "let's turn the attention back on him" job. But there don't seem to be enough lynchers to sway things either way, and the mafia are, I think, doing a good job of not jumping on any bandwagons.

JBR Day 4: I am only feeling happy about those who voted for Bobbyaro, they're the only relatively-guaranteed to be good ones we have.

BUT. JBR was the one that threw in the final vote for Bluecup, when there was only Bluecup or Joans who could otherwise vote. So, this could be two things: JBR changed his vote to stick Bluecup out to pasture, thereby cementing his place as an innocent if pushed about this later on (see quote three above). OR he's a proper innocent, and has just been sounding dodgy a lot.

At the minute I'm leaning towards voting for JBR, but first I want to hear similar reasoning from JBR about why someone else must be the mafia (not just self defence) and also for Joans to say who he thinks the mafia are.

Zaphod, at the moment I suspect you the least.

As I have been typing, JBR has put up a very reasoned post above mine (although I assume that's meant to say killed BY the vig) which uses the same type of reasoning as me. I am therefore very keen to hear an expanded theory from Joans.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:22 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Russell wrote:
Can we have confirmation that it was the mafia, not the vig that offed Kovacs, Craster?

Nope.

Quote:

And that's why. I ain't tellin' you nuffink.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:27 
Soopah red DS

Also, if I were scummy I would have stayed schtum yesterday rather than cementing Bluecup's fate - it would still have been debatable, and with it being only 8 mins before time out a no-lynch would have been fairly safe. Joans is going to struggle to defend himself with regard to previous posts so I'm hoping all is as it appears - me, MrR and Zaph are safe, one of us is the vig and Joans needs a doing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:38 
Awesome
Yes

It would be a massive bluff on your part JBR to vote for Bluecup when a timeout was imminent, but if Joans is the innocent one could you have risked him coming in and voting for Bluecup, leaving you and Bluecup as the only two to not have voted for Bluecup (yes obviously he couldn't have voted for himself).

I really need to get some input right about now Joans!!

Also Craster is a big smellyhead for not confirming his kills.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:45 

I'm not really sure what to say. Having read your post yesterday Russ, I thought you might be right about Bluecup, but also had a feeling about Kovacs. I was going to vote this morning, but real life intervened and I didn't get a chance to do anything before the deadline.

From past games, I'm going to assume that the vigilante and remaining goon both went for Kovacs last night, and unless the rules have changed, I think there can only be one goon left otherwise it would be game over. I guess if there was 2, you'd only really need the night phases? I'm not sure how that would work.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:47 
Awesome
Yes

Joans wrote:
I'm not really sure what to say. Having read your post yesterday Russ, I thought you might be right about Bluecup, but also had a feeling about Kovacs. I was going to vote this morning, but real life intervened and I didn't get a chance to do anything before the deadline.

From past games, I'm going to assume that the vigilante and remaining goon both went for Kovacs last night, and unless the rules have changed, I think there can only be one goon left otherwise it would be game over. I guess if there was 2, you'd only really need the night phases? I'm not sure how that would work.

If there were two left then yes, this day phase would be a bust, as nobody would lynch for a majority (unless one of the last two mafia was pulling a MASSIVE bluff).

So Joans, who do you think the mafia person is, and are you the vigilante?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:49 
Soopah red DS

Mr Russell wrote:
It would be a massive bluff on your part JBR to vote for Bluecup when a timeout was imminent, but if Joans is the innocent one could you have risked him coming in and voting for Bluecup, leaving you and Bluecup as the only two to not have voted for Bluecup (yes obviously he couldn't have voted for himself).

True, but that would have needed veins of ice that I don't have! I've just happily plumped for apparent mafia/reasonable suspicion as soon as I've been happy with the reasons. My style if Mafia and voting for my own would be to get in there early, which is the only reason I can drum up any lingering suspicion of Zaphod. Otherwise all roads point to Joans for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:49 

Looking back, I'm the most obvious candidate, which isn't much help really.
If I had to choose someone, I'd probably go for JBR, but I'm by no means certain.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:52 
Awesome
Yes

Joans wrote:
If I had to choose someone, I'd probably go for JBR, but I'm by no means certain.

Why not me?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:53 

Mr Russell wrote:
Joans wrote:

Why not me?

Well, exactly, why not you? You asked who I thought and I gave you an answer.
Is it you? :p

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:56 
Awesome
Yes

Joans wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
Joans wrote:

Why not me?

Well, exactly, why not you? You asked who I thought and I gave you an answer.
Is it you? :p

Mngh! I'm just trying to get you to open up and say WHY to something. The closest you've come is to saying JBR but you're not certain.

What about JBR has piqued your suspicion-o-meter?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 21:58 

Nothing really, but it's got to be someone.
As for why not you, if you really want an answer, I think you might be the vigilante.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 22:09 
Awesome
Yes

Crikey. I've been pushing you and pushing you for an answer and you've still not given it. I can't decide if that means you're so confident, or you're running scared.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 22:14 

Mr Russell wrote:
Crikey. I've been pushing you and pushing you for an answer and you've still not given it. I can't decide if that means you're so confident, or you're running scared.

Well it's not me and I don't think it's you, that leaves it as 50/50 for the other two, and I think JBR shades it a little. I just think Zaphod seems a bit more like a townie.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 22:21 
Soopah red DS

I think he's got nothing. Anyone happy to vote for Joans with me? Be good to have some sort of consensus.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 22:23 
Awesome
Yes

Well I'm now going back to re-read zaphod's posts.

He's been under everyone's radar all game, so I'm going to re-read assuming guilt, and see what occurs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 22:24 

JBR wrote:
I think he's got nothing. Anyone happy to vote for Joans with me? Be good to have some sort of consensus.

Of course I've got nothing, I don't know anything for sure, hence my uncertainty.
Having read back, you voted for Bluecup with a timeout imminent, so I've changed my mind about you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 22:26 
Awesome
Yes

Joans wrote:
JBR wrote:

Of course I've got nothing, I don't know anything for sure, hence my uncertainty.
Having read back, you voted for Bluecup with a timeout imminent, so I've changed my mind about you.

It's this that's throwing me to be honest. Only 8 minutes left until a timeout would have hit.

What irks me is that JBR pointed this out himself, which doesn't dissuade me from the massive bluff angle.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 22:28 
Soopah red DS

Joans wrote:
JBR wrote:

I did do that, yes, but only because that's when I got back and spotted that we had a chance of a lynch. The timing could certainly have been better. Bobby, though, I was right in there and doing what I could - which was chuff all, but I was saving the evidence I quoted earlier in case Mr Dave's FOS wasn't enough to swing it. These things often go on momentum so that would have been more useful in case of waverers, rather than lost in the general chat (not that there was much of that, but still).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 22:31 
Soopah red DS

This post of Zaphod's is the one that I'm happiest makes him a happy townie. Day 3 (or "The Day it Started to go Right for Ma Town").

Quote:
I'm not sure how much i'll be around before the timeout today so i'm going to

[vote: bobbyaro]

Reasons are that i (generally wrongly) trust Daves instincts , and the comments from Bobby around "everyone knows that" (related to JBR is *obviously* at the top of the bad list) sound slightly out of place.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 22:43 
Awesome
Yes

Right. I think at this point I'd be happy to vote Joans.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 22:44 
Awesome
Yes

If we don't get a lynch today, and it goes overnight, I would like a rule clarification.

If the vigilante and the mafia both try to kill each other, what will happen?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 23:02 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Both die, Town win.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 23:12 
Awesome
Yes

Craster wrote:
Both die, Town win.

Just the one mafia then. Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 23:18 
Awesome
Yes

Fuck it. [vote:Joans]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 23:22 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I hate you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 23:24 
Awesome
Yes

Craster wrote:
I hate you.

BELM!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 23:48 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Modkill.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:36 
8-Bit Champion

Okay I dont see any defence from Joans so :

[vote:Joans]

And to go over the posible options :

We kill Joans and he's the last mafia - Town win
We kill Joans and he's the Vigilante - Mafia win (remaining mafia kills a townie overnight leaving 1 town plus 1 mafia)
We kill Joans and he's a townie - it then depends on the vigilante overnight
The Mafia will kill either the remaining townie or the vigilante
If the vigilante targets the remaining townie - Mafia Win
If the vigilante targets the Mafia - Town win

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:45 
Soopah red DS

Okay. I'm happy it's Joans.

[Vote: Joans]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:49 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

VOTE UPDATE

joans: 3 (Mr Russell, zaphod79, JBR)

Not voted: 1 (joans)

Confident in their decision, the townsfolk turn on Joans and stab him. And stab him and stab him and stab him!

Joans was a Mafia Thug

Congratulations, town! JBR was your vigilante.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:09 
8-Bit Champion

Errr.....Town Wins ?

Not sure what that means , dont think i've seen it before :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:10 
8-Bit Champion

And the town lynched 3 people and they were all Mafia ?

The universe is broken , has someone handled out more than 1000 banana's for something ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:18 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Yeah - that's insane.

Made up for by the world's worst vigilante, of course :kiss:

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next