Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Day V
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 13:46 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

The town assemble after rising and, as has become their custom, perform a headcount. To their surprise, everyone is present and accounted for. This probably means something - but what?!

Day 5 deadline is Tuesday midday. With 10 players alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch.

[playerlist]
vegetables
ComicalGnomes
Sir Taxalot
Dimrill
Dudley
Grim...
JBR
Gazchap
Mr Chris
richardgaywood
[/playerlist]

Post subject: Re: Day V
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 13:48 

Crikey.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 13:51 
Skillmeister

*gibbers* I did nowt wrong yesterday good townsfolk! *curls into a ball in the corner of the post office, shielding his head*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 13:51 
Skillmeister

GET OUT STRANGEr!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 13:52 

Dimrill clearly lied yesterday. He claimed to be the voyeur and that he knew Sheepeh was the SK. As the voyeur, he could only have known that if he'd spied on Sheepeh one night and been told Sheepeh targetted one of the SK's victims. However, if that were the case the SK's kill attempt would have failed as Sheepeh would have protected them. So either Dimrill lied about what he knew or who he is.

Theory: Dimrill has been recruited by the cultists who wanted to off Sheepeh. They used him as a sacrifical pawn (guessing he'd get offed today) to lead the charge against Sheepeh. However, they couldn't have known he was the doctor, as they would have recruited him instead. It only makes sense if they thought he was mafia... Hmmm. More thinking needed.

With that out of the way... no deaths? What does that mean?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 13:54 

Well I'm just confused now. I'd target someone but I'm pretty much afraid to move. I'll probably kill another remaining townie just by breathing in.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 13:55 
Skillmeister

No, good Welshy! I am innocent of these accusations. I suspected Sheepeh, surely, but I never watched him. I... watched you the first two nights... then Dudley, then Comical last night. Each night I saw nobody but them. Except the first night due to Grim... and his stupid tap dancing shoes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 13:57 

You like to watch gay wood.

*snicker*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 13:57 

Dimrill wrote:
I am innocent of these accusations. I suspected Sheepeh, surely, but I never watched him. I... watched you the first two nights... then Dudley, then Comical last night. Each night I saw nobody but them.
Are you saying that on nights 2, 3, and 4 you watched me, Dudley, and ComicalGnomes and none of us did anything on any of those nights?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 13:59 
Legendary Boogeyman

No kills is certainly baffling. We must continue to assume that there is at least one killing mafia man, a possible roleblocker, and a serial killer.

So, perhaps the mafia know who the SK is, and blocked him? But then why no mafia kill? Did they opt our, were they roleblocked (by who? Grim...?), or was their target protected?

Dimrill seems a likely candidate for evil, but currently I'm too fucking stumpted to vote for anyone at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:00 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
So, perhaps the mafia know who the SK is, and blocked him? But then why no mafia kill? Did they opt our, were they roleblocked (by who? Grim...?), or was their target protected?
Apart from the Mafia roleblocker, Grim... is the only explanation I can see now the doctor has gone. If he really is the scientist he needs to tell us what he's been doing. I consider his silence these last two days very suspicous, perhaps he has been recruited. Of course, neither the SK or the mafia are obliged to kill and they may be playing some sort of headgame.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:01 
Skillmeister

richardgaywood wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
I am innocent of these accusations. I suspected Sheepeh, surely, but I never watched him. I... watched you the first two nights... then Dudley, then Comical last night. Each night I saw nobody but them.
Are you saying that on nights 2, 3, and 4 you watched me, Dudley, and ComicalGnomes and none of us did anything on any of those nights?

*cries into postal beard* I can't say that! My role only lets me know if they had been targetted that night! And they weren't! *continues sobbing* I'm not the tracker character man. WAAAAGHHH!!!! *crumples to knees*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:03 

Ahh. Dimmers (and the nod from Craster, thank you) is correct, I had voyeur backwards. OK, in that case, my above analysis is void; this doesn't mean Dimmers is evil. Doesn't mean he isn't either of course.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:07 
Legendary Boogeyman

I don't know what to think at the moment, but it'll come to me. I often have this problem when I'm doing some problematic DIY, so I'll just sit there and look at it, mulling slowly. At some point I'll have a magical realisation about something or other.

The people left have been *somewhat* active over the last couple of days, but haven't said much of anything. Since the talkative ones have swiftly been lynched and found to be innocent, I'm more suspicious about those that have kept to the shadows. Who... who.....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:07 
Skillmeister

*wails* I just like to watch!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:09 
INFINITE POWAH

So taxalot and vegetables are likely baddies, then, comical?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:09 
INFINITE POWAH

And jbr, by that token too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:11 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Since the talkative ones have swiftly been lynched and found to be innocent, I'm more suspicious about those that have kept to the shadows. Who... who.....
I'm leaning the same way. Did you notice Mr Chris hasn't actually voted at all, for example? He's done votes, and swayed people with arguments, but always unvoted before the final tally. The likes of Sir Taxalot, JBR, Gazchap: I belive our cult leader is there somewhere. And I certainly think we need to go after the cult leader before they become too strong. Don't forget there may not even be any Mafia left (started with 1-4 goons and 0-1 roleblocker, and two goons are dead), and the SK and the cult are natural enemies anyway (as the cult cannot recruit the SK and the SK can kill cultists).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:11 
Legendary Boogeyman

I need more evidence at this point. It would be awesome if the tracker would reveal anything he knows, like WHO THE FUCKING SK IS, PLEASE.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:13 
Skillmeister

*snaps head up sharply*
You!
*points at Mr Chris*
You big shit!
*waggles finger*
You're a lawyer and not stupid, so why did you make me completely out myself in incredibly obvious fashion 2 days ago?! You're playing a game here, Mr Misdirection.. I smell a cultist when I see one.
[vote:Mr Chris]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:14 
INFINITE POWAH

richardgaywood wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Since the talkative ones have swiftly been lynched and found to be innocent, I'm more suspicious about those that have kept to the shadows. Who... who.....
I'm leaning the same way. Did you notice Mr Chris hasn't actually voted at all, for example? He's done votes, and swayed people with arguments, but always unvoted before the final tally.

That's cos you fuckers always finish the day too quickly. I managed to get my vote in today, of course, as I happened to be on the PC writing a statement for my nephew's Special Ed Needs Tribunal. I got accused of voting too quickly today by you as well, remember. Hmm - what are you up to?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:17 
Legendary Boogeyman

richardgaywood wrote:
Don't forget there may not even be any Mafia left (started with 1-4 goons and 0-1 roleblocker, and two goons are dead), and the SK and the cult are natural enemies anyway (as the cult cannot recruit the SK and the SK can kill cultists).

Fuck me Richard, you're right. For the last two days I've been assuming there's been at least one mafia killer left, but after Pundy died there have been no mafia hits. I've been gibbering on about possible blocking and whatnot but I've overlooked the simple fact they might have only been two goons!

In that case, there's just, at best, one mafia roleblocker left and he's completely impotent with the exception of blocking the SK, which we must assume happened last night. If the SK is the only killing night role left, he'd be silly to not to kill.

RIGHT THEN.

If what I've said is true, then it's already impossible for the mafia to win. With 1 player, you cannot win a majority, can you? Craster? If that's true, then he'd be better to reveal who he is, and who he's successfully blocked, if anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:18 
INFINITE POWAH

Oooooh - good reasoning, comical. C'mon Craster, explain all.

I've been saying it for days, and I'm still convinced that Comical is playing some sort of head game. So I'm going to [VOTE:ComicalGnomes] and this time I'm not going to sway. I realise that Comical is now going to vote for me in retaliation, but I'm not particularly fussed. I've got a clear conscience.

Mr Chris wrote:
That's cos you fuckers always finish the day too quickly. I managed to get my vote in today, of course, as I happened to be on the PC writing a statement for my nephew's Special Ed Needs Tribunal. I got accused of voting too quickly today by you as well, remember. Hmm - what are you up to?
Well, previously I believe it could have chartitably been described as "straw clutching". It was nothing more than a shot in the dark and I'm happy to agree it's always hard to gauge how much importance to attach to people's activity levels, particularly when people have newborns etc. On the other hand; wowzers, that was a vicious riposte. Have I touched some sort of nerve there?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:19 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

ComicalGnomes wrote:
In that case, there's just, at best, one mafia roleblocker left and he's completely impotent with the exception of blocking the SK, which we must assume happened last night. If the SK is the only killing night role left, he'd be silly to not to kill.

RIGHT THEN.

If what I've said is true, then it's already impossible for the mafia to win. With 1 player, you cannot win a majority, can you? Craster? If that's true, then he'd be better to reveal who he is, and who he's successfully blocked, if anyone.

If there is a roleblocker, it would be impossible for him to win at this stage, but he could force a draw if it came down to just him and one other.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:20 

Although I've now just seen Comical's post there, and his reasoning is certainly sound. I hadn't considered that there may only be the roleblocker left. Hmm... [VOTE:unvote] until I've had a bit more of a think.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:22 
Legendary Boogeyman

I can't believe it only just occured to me.

I'd like to hear from the tracker and/or the roleblocker, please.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:24 
INFINITE POWAH

richardgaywood wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:
Well, previously I believe it could have chartitably been described as "straw clutching". It was nothing more than a shot in the dark and I'm happy to agree it's always hard to gauge how much importance to attach to people's activity levels, particularly when people have newborns etc. On the other hand; wowzers, that was a vicious riposte. Have I touched some sort of nerve there?

Hardly vicious, mate. I'm just fed up with the days ending before I've had a chance to play. As detailed in my whinge on the gamechat thread. And then further irritated that it appeared that the fact that you lot kill off townies before I can play was being used by you as a reason for me to be strung up by the neck until DEAD DEAD DEAD. Cuh. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:24 

hmm....

Some nights have taken a very long time.

This one went past very quickly.

I think that means something.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:25 
INFINITE POWAH

Wheree on earth is Grim..., then? He must have used his night action (as the night wouldn't have ended until tomorrow otherwise), yet he's been suspiciously silent on here. BURN HIM.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:27 
Skillmeister

Stop attempting to misdirect you culting cultist chris! *burns all your parcels*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:27 
Legendary Boogeyman

Assuming Grim... has been pushing his roleblocking button every day for the last few days, then its either him or the mafia roleblocker who have blocked the SK.

Perhaps Grim... knows who the SK is, or will do when he fucking logs in. C'mon! araragh!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:28 
INFINITE POWAH

Did grim roleblock the first day, then?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:29 
Legendary Boogeyman

He said he roleblocked Dimrill, no?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:30 
Skillmeister

I was certainly blocked from seeing Richard's goodies that night. I just had to rifle through his bins instead.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:31 
Legendary Boogeyman

[quote="Grim... from Day 2]I did, however, choose who to aim it at, and I chose Dimrill (for no real reason). So if he has been roleblocked, swapped or whatever, it was him that took it.[/quote]

Ok, so Grim is a roleblocker. Where is the beardless wonder?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:31 

Which was really fucking stupid wasn't it, we could have used that info now but then I thought dim was the SK at that point, Grim... presumably agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:33 
INFINITE POWAH

So is grim the scientist or the mafia roleblocker? Cos the latter is equally likely seeing as his magic box hasn't done anything since - which you would expect it to have if he were pressing the other buttons to see what they did.

Mr Chris wrote:
Did grim roleblock the first day, then?
He said that he did, yes. I don't think he said who though.

Mr Chris wrote:
Wheree on earth is Grim..., then? He must have used his night action (as the night wouldn't have ended until tomorrow otherwise), yet he's been suspiciously silent on here. BURN HIM.
I too want to know why he's been so quiet. It's very odd. Assuming he wasn't lying about being the scientist the cult would surely have recruited him by now. I'd say that was enough of a reason to vote for him, actually, but I'm not sure we don't have bigger fish to fry here.

Mr Chris wrote:
Hardly vicious, mate. I'm just fed up with the days ending before I've had a chance to play. As detailed in my whinge on the gamechat thread. And then further irritated that it appeared that the fact that you lot kill off townies before I can play was being used by you as a reason for me to be strung up by the neck until DEAD DEAD DEAD
Alright, fair enough etc. It can't be easy with the new born etc.

Unless we can make a more concrete identification of someone more suspicious, e.g. if the potential roleblockers or trackers want to reveal themselves (although we don't know for sure we have either amongst us), I urge
[VOTE:Grim...]
as we need to reduce the cult's power bloc. He's bound to be a cultist by now. I will change this vote later if anything turns up.

I just heard from a ghost, he narrowed his eyes at chris ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:36 
INFINITE POWAH

richardgaywood wrote:

Mr Chris wrote:
Hardly vicious, mate. I'm just fed up with the days ending before I've had a chance to play. As detailed in my whinge on the gamechat thread. And then further irritated that it appeared that the fact that you lot kill off townies before I can play was being used by you as a reason for me to be strung up by the neck until DEAD DEAD DEAD
Alright, fair enough etc. It can't be easy with the new born etc.

Still, I'm genuinely sorry if you thought I was being proper nasty or anything, the "you fuckers" was a continuation of a general whinge rather than directed at you specifically.

Quote:
Unless we can make a more concrete identification of someone more suspicious, e.g. if the potential roleblockers or trackers want to reveal themselves (although we don't know for sure we have either amongst us), I urge
[VOTE:Grim...]
as we need to reduce the cult's power bloc. He's bound to be a cultist by now. I will change this vote later if anything turns up.

I agree. Either because he's almost certainly a cultist or because he is, as I've suggested above, actually the mafia roleblocker, as his magic box has carried out none of its other 5 functions since night 1's roleblock of dimmers.

[vote:Grim...]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:36 
INFINITE POWAH

Dudley wrote:
I just heard from a ghost, he narrowed his eyes at chris ;)

:rollseyes:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:37 
Legendary Boogeyman

I'm waiting this one out a bit. I want to see if anyone else offers up more info.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:38 

Oh come on it was far too good a chance to miss.

I want to hear what Grim did last night before I vote for him, I'm getting very wary of Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:44 

Mr Chris wrote:
I agree. Either because he's almost certainly a cultist or because he is, as I've suggested above, actually the mafia roleblocker, as his magic box has carried out none of its other 5 functions since night 1's roleblock of dimmers.

Don't forget that at least 2 of those 5 functions won't be immediately obvious.

Still, given the deaths so far the Cult have got to be getting pretty strong by now. Unless Grim... has been bluffing all along about his sciencey-ways, I'd say Comical is probably the cult leader and has now recruited Grim..., hence the latter's silence.

So, I'm going to [VOTE:ComicalGnomes] again in a bid to stop the Cult growing further.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:47 
Legendary Boogeyman

Sigh Gaz, I can't decide if you're the lone mafioso who is keen to off me for some reason, or you're just an unwise townie.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:48 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Vote Update

comicalgnomes: 1 votes (gazchap)
grim...: 2 votes (mr chris, richardgaywood)
mr chris: 1 votes (dimrill)

Not voted: vegetables, comicalgnomes, sir taxalot, dudley, grim..., jbr

With 10 players alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:52 

[vote:Mr Chris]

It's you or Grim... I'll change if his excuse is shit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 14:57 
Sweet Potato

I won't vote yet, given what happened yesterday, but Mr Chris' posting style has noticeably changed, which I think makes it likely that he has been culted. That's probably where my vote will go.

CG is right, I think. Even if he's not the cult are almost certainly the biggest threat to the town now, and we should focus on trying to hit them today.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next