Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game VII Day 3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 22:05 
baron of techno

ComicalGnomes wrote:
kalmar wrote:
Dude, I've mainly voted for you (on both days now) because you're quite infuriating and a lot of your arguments don't stand up, or you don't have arguments but only bluster.

Dude, my arguments are solid, you're the one voting for me without a scrap of evidence. You're the staunch defender of scum, not me.

But I'm not voting for you. Your adamance (is that a word?) is suspicious by itself. And you're the staunch hanger of innocent townsfolk. It's a tossup, innit.

Could we work together to eliminate the bad guys now please?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 22:08 
Legendary Boogeyman

Sure thing, vote for yourself and we'll get this cooking. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 22:34 
baron of techno

Man alive! <Shakes head wearily>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 22:41 

Ok, you want to kill the bad guys, pick them out of this lot.

Let's see what people make of this lot (yes, this is another post by me, yes it's long, I'm sorry ok :'( )

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Bluecup:
Day 1 - Voted ComicalGnomes when he was on 0 votes, voted Curiosity when he was on 9 votes (after the SK reveal)
Day 2 - voted Sheepeh when he was on 0 votes, voted Zaphod79 when he was on 9 votes
Killed by the SK

Bobbyaro:
Day 1 - voted for GazChap when he was on 2 votes, then ComicalGnomes when he was on 2 votes
Day 2 - Didn't vote
Day 3 - Not voted so far

ComicalGnomes:
Day 1 - Voted for Curiosity when he was on 0 votes.
Day 2 - Voted for me when I was on 0 votes, voted for Zaphod79 when he was on 4 votes
Day 3 - Voted for me when I was on 0 votes, voted for himself when he was on 5 votes, back to me when I was on 2 votes

Craster:
Day 1 - voted for Zardoz when he was on 0 votes, voted for Curiosity when he was on 7 votes,
Day 2 - voted for Zaphod79 when he was on 0 votes
Did something silly and had to modkill himself.

Curiosity:
Day 1 - Voted for Mr Russ when he was on 0 votes, voted for GazChap when he was on 1 vote, voted for ComicalGnomes when he was on 4 votes
Lynched

Dudley:
Day 1 - Voted for Curiosity when he was on 7 votes (after he said he was the SK)
Day 2- Voted for Kalmar when he was on 0 votes
Day 3 - Not voted so far

GazChap:
Day 1 - Voted for Curiosity when he was on 9 votes (I can't be bothered to check if this was after he claimed to be the SK)
Day 2 - Voted for me when I was on 1 vote, voted for Zaphod79 when he was on 6 votes
Day 3 - Voted for ComicalGnomes when he was on 3 votes

Goddess Jasmine:
Day 1 - Voted for Curiosity when he was on 6 votes, unvoted after he claimed to be the SK, voted for Mr Russ when he was on 2 votes, voted for Curiosity when he was on 10 votes
Day 2 - Voted for Zaphod79 when he was on 8 votes
Day 3 - Not voted so far

Joans:
Day 1 - Voted for Zardoz when he was on 1 vote, voted for Curiosity when he was on 7 votes (after the SK reveal), unvoted, voted Dudley when he was on 0 votes, voted ComicalGnomes when he was on 1 vote
Day 2 - Voted for Zaphod79 when he was on 2 votes
Day 3 - Voted for ComicalGnomes when he was on 1 vote

Kalmar:
Day 1 - Voted Curiosity when he was on 1 vote, voted Zardoz then he was on 3 votes, voted Curiosity when he was on 2 votes, unvoted when he was on 10 votes, voted GazChap when he was on 0 votes, voted Mr Russ when he was on 1 vote, voted ComicalGnomes when he was on 3 votes.
Day 2 - voted ComicalGnomes when he was on 1 vote, voted for Sheepeh when he was on 3 votes
Day 3 - voted for ComicalGnomes when he was on 2 votes, unvoted when he was on 6, voted Mr Russ when he was on 0 votes, voted ComicalGnomes when hes was on 4 votes, voted LaceSensor when he was on 0 votes.

LaceSensor:
Day 1 - Voted Mrak when he was on 0 votes, unvoted, voted Zaphod79 when he was on 0 votes
Day 2 - Voted Zaphod79 when he was on 1 vote, voted Sheepeh when he was on 4 votes, voted Zaphod79 when he was on 3 votes
Day 3 - voted for me when I was on 1 vote

Mr Russ:
Day 1 - voted for Curiosity when he was on 8 votes (after the SK reveal)
Day 2 - voted for Runcle when he was on 0 votes, voted for Sheepeh when he was on 3 votes
Day 3 - Not voted so far

mrak:
Day 1 - voted Dudley when he was on 1 vote
Day 2 - voted Zaphod79 when he was on 4 votes
Killed by the mafia

Plissken:
Day 1 - Voted for Curiosity when he was on 4 votes
Killed by the SK

Runcle:
Day 1 - Voted for Zardoz when he was on 2 votes, voted for GazChap when he was on 3 votes, voted for Dudley when he was on 0 votes
Day 2 - voted for Zaphod79 when he was on 7 votes
Day 3 - Voted for Mr Russ when he was on 0 votes, voted for ComicalGnomes when he was on 4 votes

Sheepeh:
Day 1 - voted for Zardoz when he was on 4 votes
Day 2 - Didn't vote
Day 3 - Not voted so far

Spinglo Sponglo!
Day 1 - Voted Curiosity when he was on 1 vote
Day 2 - Voted Zaphod79 when he was on 1 vote
Day 3 - voted me when I was on 0 votes

Squirt:
Day 1 - Voted Curiosity when he was on 8 votes (before the SK reveal)
Day 2 - Didn't vote
Day 3 - Not voted so far

Zaphod79:
Day 1 - Voted Curiosity when he was on 3 votes, unvoted after the SK reveal, voted GazChap when he was on 4 votes, voted Mr Russ when he was on 0 votes
Day 2 - Voted Sheepeh when he was on 1 vote
Lynched

Zardoz:
Day 1 - Voted Craster when he was on 0 votes, voted Curiosity when he was on 5 votes,
Day 2 - Voted ComicalGnomes when he was on 0 votes, voted Sheepeh when he was on 2 votes
Day 3 - Voted ComicalGnomes when he was on 0 votes

Conclusions: Malc is a man that knows who he wants dead, Goddess Jasmine likes to put the boot in at the last minute, Kalmar is a voting machine. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 23:01 

CG is always a danger. Trouble is, he may very well be a danger on our side and with the town possibly already in a game-minority, if not a game-lost-minority (if you see the distinction) that would be really fucking useful right now.

I still think Kalmar is dodgier than an East London kebab but apparently I have little support there. Joans could be, but like with Zaphod (correctly as it turns out) I'm just not convinced enough to do the square brackets of spooky doom.

Consider this an FOS:Comical and Joans and I'm absolutely willing to be swayed. I'm swaying towards Joans because if he's not mafia, he could well be a good cult recruit, whereas I'm pretty certain CG is only likely to be cult.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 23:49 
Awesome
Yes

Kalmar is ringing massive alrm bells for me, but Joans has pointed out that he does a lot of vote switching, which would show in my book that he's convinced by different people's arguments at different times, which I reckon makes him town.

The fact that Joans has posted such in depth information smacks of Mr Dave-ism, which was all he did as mafia. HOWEVER, the main outspoken person against Joans is Comical Gnomes, who we are as of yet unsure of. If he is town, then he needs to be fucking sure of his convictions, which means he may have more info than we think. The only way this could happen is if he had been given a vision, or was watching Joans through CCTV. I would have expected him to speak up agaisnt Joans by saying this if he actually had that info though, so as to persuade others so: either he has more info than we do and isn't saying so because he doesn't want to be recruited, or is a regular townie who is potentially putting us at risk with bogus information.

FWIW I don't think he's cult, because he's too high profile a person to try and recruit. The chances of someone else going for him would be great.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 0:45 
Hibernating Druid

GazChap wrote:
Is the CCTV Operator ever going to give us useful information? Is anyone going to own up to having a vision?

I mean, come on guys, throw us a fricking bone here.

True. I'd totally forgot about that role.

I'm sticking with my CG vote, with Kalmar conveniently helping to sway the vote at the last minute he's the next neck for the noose.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:44 
baron of techno

Yeah, I might do that. If CG starts talking again I won't be able to stop myself.

Scores on the doors?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:26 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Man, I remember why I'm no good at this. I've just read through the last 3 pages of arguments and I have utterly no idea what is what. I need to go and re-read them and take copious notes this time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:40 
UltraMod

Vote Update

comicalgnomes: 4 votes (gazchap, joans, runcle, zardoz)
joans: 3 votes (comicalgnomes, lacesensor, spinglo sponglo!)
lacesensor: 1 vote (kalmar)

Not voted: bobbyaro, dudley, goddess jasmine, mr russ, sheepeh, squirt

With 14 players alive, 8 votes are required for a lynch and 10 votes for there to be no lynch.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:45 
Legendary Boogeyman

All the most active people have already voted and are spending all their time arguing in circles.

Come on, you unvoting fucking quiet people, VOTE and end this damn day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:49 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Fair enough.

[vote:Joans]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:53 

Looking at the vote list, I can't help notice that a good number of the people I'm suspicious of have voted CG whereas only CG has voted Joans of that list.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:58 

I'm nowhere near as suspicious of Joans as I am ComicalGnomes, and I can see it happening again where Comical uses his blind fury to "trick" people into voting away from him and let him go on to victory as a cultist.

For now, I'm sticking with CG. But, despite the potential for testicle-consumption, I'll lend my vote to the Joans-wagon if it helps. We're certainly not getting any useful information from anywhere else and the endless arguing isn't going to do much for us either, it'll just end in a stalemate and we'll be even more fucked.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:58 

Dudley wrote:
Looking at the vote list, I can't help notice that a good number of the people I'm suspicious of have voted CG whereas only CG has voted Joans of that list.

Hi Duds, good to see you :)

Please consider the following, and then tell everybody why you're not in the cult:
You're considered very good at this game and would certainly be an asset to them (look at the game 2 write up)
You've been very quiet this game, under the radar, you might say.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:59 
baron of techno

Factions it is then, let's even it up.

[vote:ComicalGnomes]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:00 
UltraMod

LaceSensor tells me he is having problems access this thread intermittently, just in case anyone is wondering where he is.

Vote Update

comicalgnomes: 5 votes (gazchap, joans, kalmar, runcle, zardoz)
joans: 5 votes (comicalgnomes, dudley, lacesensor, spinglo sponglo!, squirt)

Not voted: bobbyaro, goddess jasmine, mr russ, sheepeh

With 14 players alive, 8 votes are required for a lynch and 10 votes for there to be no lynch.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:01 
Hibernating Druid

I'm thinking along those lines too Gaz"kissykissy"chap. Only trouble is I don't want the ZOMG! block voter tag. I want a result soon though so I will switch if it will accelerate the game.

VOTE PEOPLE VOTE!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:02 
Legendary Boogeyman

If both of you switched instead of just talking about it we'd only be one vote away! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:03 
baron of techno

I'm not sure why Joans is coming under suspicion at all to be honest, other than being CG's target for most of the game..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:04 

We have enough non-voters left to secure a lynch either way. If it ends up on 7 votes each once everyone has voted, I'd say that at least one of the non-voters (bobbyaro, goddess jasmine, mr russ and sheepeh at time of writing) are cultists protecting their leader, who I'm reasonably sure is one of the two we're currently split on.

This is the make or break point I'm afraid.
I know Gnomes is wrong about me, but I could easily be wrong about him.
Lynch one of us and find out they're a townie, what do you do with the other one? What about the other people that voted along with him?

:'( ?:|

Hibernating Druid

ComicalGnomes wrote:
If both of you switched instead of just talking about it we'd only be one vote away! ;)

And you'd be nice and safe again... ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:05 

Joans wrote:
Dudley wrote:

Hi Duds, good to see you :)

Please consider the following, and then tell everybody why you're not in the cult:
You're considered very good at this game and would certainly be an asset to them (look at the game 2 write up)
You've been very quiet this game, under the radar, you might say.

I've been a little quieter because I've been loud in previous games and got lynched or killed but given that was true on day 1 I'm not sure that's evidence now is it?
I'm good at this game? You're kidding right? Look back through my predictions in the batman thread. I'm SHIT at this game.
I doubt a cult leader is going to consider me an asset given how often I nearly blew it in game 2. Maybe CG would have recruited me if he was the leader and once you go I'll be very tempted to vote to find out if he is.

Classic OMGYS post from you though ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:06 
Legendary Boogeyman

Joans wrote:
What about the other people that voted along with him?

Considering the ball-aching effort I've gone through to get just a couple of fucking people to vote for you, it's a safe bet that I haven't got any cult or mafia friends helping me out here.....

Still not the SK either. Whereas there's always been a ready 3 or 4 people to pile onto me at the first chace.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:07 
baron of techno

Joans wrote:
Lynch one of us and find out they're a townie, what do you do with the other one? What about the other people that voted along with him?

Exactly, it proves very little. This is why I am suspicious about the people suggesting a faction war in the first place.

Still, let's at least try to wait until a few of these lurkers come out shall we, or there's no chance of learning anything.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:08 
Hibernating Druid

Joans wrote:

That's the game I'm afraid. Guessing on who's bullshitting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:09 
Legendary Boogeyman

I think I'm going to have to text sheepeh and tell him to get his idling arse on here to vote one way or another...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:10 

I'm beginning to wonder whether Comical might be the Doctor. Obviously he doesn't want to die, but he doesn't necessarily want to reveal himself either. His previous tactic of shouting angrily at anyone who votes for him kept him alive in his cult leader game without forcing a roleclaim, and the chances of it happening again are surely pretty slim.

Hmm... For now, [vote:unvote]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:13 
Legendary Boogeyman

If anyone would like to pile onto Sheepeh instead for being 95% idle this entire game, then I'm all for that as an alternative :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:14 
Hibernating Druid

Good grief.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:14 
Legendary Boogeyman

yeah, go on then:

[vote:Sheepeh]

I'm sure we can all agree that an idling townie is as bad as a scummy scum person, and is historically the best way to hide in this game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:17 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
I'm sure we can all agree that an idling townie is as bad as a scummy scum person, and is historically the best way to hide in this game.

In the position that we're currently in, advocating the killing of roleclaimed townies isn't going to look favourably on you.

[vote:ComicalGnomes]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:18 

And yes, I'm aware that Sheepeh could still be as scummy as the tiling around my bath.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:18 
Legendary Boogeyman

Pffttt, I'm offering up an alternative to voting for one of two people, both of whom might end up being simple townies. At least if Sheepeh is a townie, he's a useless, idle one.

But hey, if nobody wants to go for that I'll switch back to Joans in an instant.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:19 

ComicalGnomes wrote:

Normally yes, but we're a little short of numbers here. If there's the maximum 4 mafia, a townie kill here and they could actually outnumber the town tonight depending on what the cult's been up to.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:22 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

[Vote:ComicalGnomes]

I dislike your attitude Sir.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:23 
UltraMod

Vote Update

comicalgnomes: 6 votes (gazchap, joans, kalmar, runcle, sheepeh, zardoz)
joans: 4 votes (dudley, lacesensor, spinglo sponglo!, squirt)
sheepeh: 1 vote (comicalgnomes)

Not voted: bobbyaro, goddess jasmine, mr russ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:24 
Legendary Boogeyman

Man I so knew you'd do that Sheepeh. If you turn out to be evil I'm going to look amazing.

[vote:Joans] though, to prevent my death, although at this point it would almost be a blissful release.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:29 
Legendary Boogeyman

I bet sheepeh 10m isk that Joans is a bad guy, but only if he switches his vote today so we can find out ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:31 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
I bet sheepeh 10m isk that Joans is a bad guy, but only if he switches his vote today so we can find out ;)

Sheepeh, if you want to switch and get back your money, I'll understand.
You will win this bet as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:32 
Legendary Boogeyman

If Sheepeh turns out to be bad I'll find his ship in EVE and asplode him. I've upgraded since our last little fight ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:33 

This is all making you look increasingly desperate to stay alive, Comical. I'm sure you'll say you are, because you're a townie who wants to get to the end of the game, but placing bets? Taking it too far, methinks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:35 
Legendary Boogeyman

It was Joans that lost Sheepeh the last 1m bet I made with him. Surely Sheep can't have too much faith in him :)

Dude I'm so a townie. Even if I get recruit overnight and I'm evil cult tomorrow, everything I've said will be seen to be totally true in retrospect.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:36 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
It was Joans that lost Sheepeh the last 1m bet I made with him. Surely Sheep can't have too much faith in him :)

Dude I'm so a townie. Even if I get recruit overnight and I'm evil cult tomorrow, everything I've said will be seen to be totally true in retrospect.

That's why I said it would get him his money back this time. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:37 
Legendary Boogeyman

If it gets to 7 votes for me I'll so just vote for myself to SHOW YOU ALL, as previously stated many exhausting times.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:39 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

I have no desire to be corrupted by your filthy, filthy ISK.

Even if I was completely idle and not just scrabbling for a PC to access inbetween Lordy Lordy Online sessions, if you're so sure I'm a townie then lynching me probably isn't the best way to proceed.

It looks a bit dodgy in my eyes you'd WANT to kill one of your own, which means I have to suspect you're not a Townie.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:42 
baron of techno

ComicalGnomes wrote:
If it gets to 7 votes for me I'll so just vote for myself to SHOW YOU ALL, as previously stated many exhausting times.

That's not exactly matching with a town win condition is it?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:42 
UltraMod

ComicalGnomes wrote:

LaceSensor can view the thread but cannot post at the moment (something to do with his work proxy). He's PMed me this:

LaceSensor wrote:
hey cg just said he will vote for himself if it reaches 7 votes, so id like to switch to test his bluff.

can you do this for me please?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:43 
Legendary Boogeyman

kalmar wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:

That's not exactly matching with a town win condition is it?

No but it's matching with an IN YOUR FACE condition.

What's the total now then myp?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next