Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game IV - Day V
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 17:03 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Vote Update

curiosity: 1 vote (myoptika)
dimrill: 1 vote (vegetables)
grim...: 1 vote (dimrill)
mr chris: 1 vote (grim...)
mr russ: 1 vote (lacesensor)
myoptika: 1 vote (bluecup)

Not voted: curiosity, joans, kalmar, mr chris, mr dave, mr russ, rodafowa

With 13 players alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch and 10 votes for there to be no lynch.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 17:04 
INFINITE POWAH

Mr Russ wrote:
laceSensor has roleclaimed as Van Halen. Nobody else has countered this or also said they were Van Halen, so we must assume that he tells the truth and is the only one. Even though he did go after me quite vociferously initially.

I think he's telling the truth about his role, but has just been off the mark quite a bit with his accusaitnos.

Quote:
Mr Chris is suspicious, but is acting petulant after you have voted for him.

Petulant? You cheeky so and so.

Quote:
I think this is his way of proving his innocence, as he's not the type of man to beg for his life (like I am).

My relative in another town squirmed and begged and pleaded for his life as they were dragging him to the gallows. He *was* a mass murderer though.

Quote:
Mr Dave, if he were the SK drew lots of attention to himself and nearly got lynched, which would be a stupid move. It DID work for him when one of his relatives in another town was mafioso though.

Quite. hiding in plain sight. There was definitely something suspicious going on there, and more so as he never epxlained himself. I think he MUST explain himelf now, as there are no vamps to get him. WE're basically on teh last day, as far as a town win is concerned, so iit's now or never for Dave. If he doesn't come up with a satisfactory explanation for everything I'd be putting him at the top of my supect list.

Quote:
Myoptika has been slipping under the radar, and this is the type of person we should be looking for. As has vegetables to a certain extent. If I were to go with my gut instinct though, I'd vote for Grim... he's one of the first people I voted for one Day 1 (when you're going by instinct alone), and I've never seen anything to lower that suspicion of him.

Not usre about myp and veggie - I'm loathe to hang anyone just because they're not postin gmuch. Grim...'s pure evil anyway, as he drives a range rover.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 17:09 

Grim... wrote:
I've done nothing to raise it though, have I?

Exactly. I think.

I'd like to know why Dimrill suggested Mr Russ?
He got KevR and Craster from Mr Chris, but I thought Dimrill might have done some spying of his own to see Mr Russ PMing (that's why I wondered if he could have been in Van Halen).
I'm wondering now if he didn't finger Mr Russ as someone that we'd voted for a few times before and could be easily led to lynch in favour of the real SK. I don't really think that Dimrill is the SK, but this is a bit suspicious. Why Mr Russ, Dims? ?:|

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 17:11 
Skillmeister

He was my original suspect on Day 1. I really didn't read Day 2 or 3 that much as it was so boring.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 17:12 
Sleepyhead

I think the SK has shown himself to be quite adept at the game. He's killed someone apparently at random (Bobby), and then has then managed to take out Townie Power Roles at an alarming rate, whilst staying under the radar.

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but Myoptika's family have, in the past, not grasped things particularly quickly with regards to events such as these.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 17:12 

Dimrill wrote:
He was my original suspect on Day 1. I really didn't read Day 2 or 3 that much as it was so boring.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Good job we lynched Craster then.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 17:14 
Skillmeister

"Ignorance is strength" - Fenriz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 17:22 

Curiosity wrote:
I think the SK has shown himself to be quite adept at the game. He's killed someone apparently at random (Bobby), and then has then managed to take out Townie Power Roles at an alarming rate, whilst staying under the radar.

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but Myoptika's family have, in the past, not grasped things particularly quickly with regards to events such as these.

He took out a Vamp (Runcle) on night 3, but he's still hitting the power roles with alarming accuracy.
I've tried looking back over Zardoz's posts, but I can't see anything that outs him as a priest, so that might have just been luck.

Looking at Runcle's defence of KevR and Dudley's massively obvious-in-hindsight clues could have been picked up by anyone.

We've pretty much established it has to be one of Grim..., Kalmar, Mr Chris, Mr Dave, myoptika, vegetables.
Where do we go from here?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 17:25 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Apparently we're not going to our party yet.

Mr Chris wrote:
Quote:
I think this is his way of proving his innocence, as he's not the type of man to beg for his life (like I am).

My relative in another town squirmed and begged and pleaded for his life as they were dragging him to the gallows. He *was* a mass murderer though.

Er, that's bullshit. He shouted abuse, then lied about being the Mafia roleblocker.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 17:25 
Paws for thought

myoptika wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:
Bluecup wrote:
But up to today you have only made 25 posts. You never questioned, you never pondered. You literally be a sheep all game.

That could be because it's been a it dull up to now.

Bingo bango.

Here's a thought: if Grim... is right and we have no loon (if we do then he's rubbish), then Curiosity is lying about being the Psychiatrist (Lord Gaywood himself inferred that having a Loon without a Shrink would make for a shit game).

Therefore: [vote:Curiosity]

Poor reasoning.

Long post to follow in a moment.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 17:37 
INFINITE POWAH

Grim... wrote:
Apparently we're not going to our party yet.

Mr Chris wrote:
Quote:

Er, that's bullshit. He shouted abuse, then lied about being the Mafia roleblocker.

That *was* his idea of begging and pleading. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 17:53 
Paws for thought

Right, day 3. Hard to explain, as there were about 1001 different things going on and I'm rubbish at explaining things like this, as it all seems so obvious to me, but can't put it into a linear explanation.

We were one vote away from a no lynch. Which would've been a huge fudging mistake. The only possible path really was to get you to pause and think for a bit. How to do that? Accuse someone else? No, because I had only a few inklings of who might the the correct targets. Get them to look at me? Better. But only if there's some benefit other than lynching me instead of noone. So get some information out in the process.

How to do it? Tricky, but maybe putting the bad guys on edge would be a good idea. Hint at knowing something (While still having another, perfectly valid reason). See who responds and how. Townies would be keen to know it, but fairly peaceable and confused. Those that aren't... Would want to know and would be more aggressive. In all that worked out, of those that I picked up as aggressive (KevR, Runcle, Mr Chris, Grim..., Craster and later Rodafowa) 3 turned out to be just what I was looking for. Then, a bit closer to death, if it had gone that far, I had a post waiting detailing who I thought needed to go, and either die and be proved innocent, or die at night, taking the blow away from someone potentially more important.

That I was blase about dying was because vanilla townies have less to lose by dying. I would not have done as I did if I were vampire or SK, because a single person is vastly more important to them, and we get an advantage in numbers only if we use it.

Things I didn't do... I was close to falsely claiming a bite on day 4. Again, to see what reaction I'd get, but also as with one vampire remaining, if he wasn't originally the sire, he might not know who had been bitten, depending on whether the sire trusted his new accolyte. 1/3 chance, and again, more information. Didn't do it in the end, as it would distract Mr VH.

--

Current claims...

Bluecup - mason
Curiosity - psych
Dimrill - townie (Not loon)
Grim... - ?
Joans - Joans (Not loon)
kalmar - ?
LaceSensor - VH
Mr Chris - ?
Mr Dave - Townie (Not loon)
Mr Russ - ? (Not SK)
myoptika - Townie
Rodafowa - Mason
vegetables - townie

--

Curiositys job has been made easier by today then.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 18:00 

Mr Dave wrote:

Current claims...

Joans - Joans (Not loon)

--

I'm just playing myself. :p

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 18:06 
Paws for thought

Oops, that's meant to be townie. I hope 'Joans' isn't a special role that involves bumming, else I've got a bone to pick with you, I still can't walk properly.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 18:09 

Mr Dave wrote:
Oops, that's meant to be townie. I hope 'Joans' isn't a special role that involves bumming, else I've got a bone to pick with you, I still can't walk properly.

*Checks BeexScum thread*
Nope, that's still the 'Dimrill' role. If you're still sore you might want to take it up with him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 18:13 
Awesome
Yes

Mr Dave. I have claimed as Vanilla Townie.

My vote for now is going to go with Mr Chris though. I'm really sorry if you are townie, sir. [vote:Mr Chris] I didn't mean to call you petulant earlier, just your character </digs>.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 18:15 
Awesome
Yes

Although it's worth noting that kalmar and vegetables (out of the list on the last page from Joans) are whom I would consider the cleverest players.

I just think that they've demonstarted love for the town more convincingly.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 19:29 
Sweet Potato

Mr Russ wrote:
Although it's worth noting that kalmar and vegetables (out of the list on the last page from Joans) are whom I would consider the cleverest players.

Say what? I don't think I've been playing very well at all; my heart hasn't been in this game.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 19:29 

Looks like we're at a bit of a stalemate for now then. We've got until 9 tomorrow night to come up with someone, so if anyone has any theories, get posting.

I'm off out now, so if you're going to lynch anyone while I'm gone, try to make it the right person. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 19:30 

vegetables wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:

Say what? I don't think I've been playing very well at all; my heart hasn't been in this game.

But have you taken anyone elses heart out this game?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 19:34 
Sweet Potato

Joans wrote:
vegetables wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:

But have you taken anyone elses heart out this game?

Metaphorically Mr Russ', just there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 20:49 
UltraMod

Would I be less suspicious if I posted more then? I'm happy to fill this thread full of crap, if so.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 0:52 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

The music at this party is crap but the DJ is the fittest itinh you have ever seen. Did we lynch anyone yet?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 0:54 

Very much no

(also pissed)

Vote Update

curiosity: 1 vote (myoptika)
mr chris: 2 votes (grim..., mr russ)
mr russ: 1 vote (lacesensor)
myoptika: 1 vote (bluecup)

Not voted: curiosity, joans, kalmar, mr chris, mr dave, rodafowa

With 13 players alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch and 10 votes for there to be no lynch.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:23 
UltraMod

We've got to move this along. I'm going to vote for Mr Chris simply because he has more votes than anyone else.

[vote:Mr Chris]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:30 
baron of techno

Evenin dudes

Tis apparentl;y the time for\imbibing wood alcohol.

[vote:myoptika]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:44 
Excellent Member

[vote: Mr Chris]

donthave timetoread wholethread onfriends laptop antisocially,

he still seems bad

I amDEFINITELY Van Halen dontworry.

\I knew the Rev Owen was a PReist, I was trying to get attention away from me onto Grimwhen I noticed the Rev being obvious,and grim picking up onit.

I rthought the rev woulkdhave beentargeted by the vamps, so i pretty much outed him andimplicated grim as van halen to save my own ass, aND I THOUGHT GRIM WAS VANILLA

SORRY TYPING ON A MAC AND ITS WIERD AND I DONT HAVE TIME TO FIX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:46 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Ahh, fuckit. I'm voting for Mr Chris simply because I know I'm not gujilty, and that makes it a 1/11 chance.

[vote:mr chris]

Frankly I don't have a clue who to vote for, and it's quite clear that the rest of the village don;'t either.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:11 

Vote Update

mr chris: 4 votes (grim..., lacesensor, mr russ, myoptika)
myoptika: 2 votes (bluecup, kalmar)

Not voted: curiosity, joans, mr chris, mr dave, rodafowa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:21 

myoptika wrote:
We've got to move this along. I'm going to vote for Mr Chris simply because he has more votes than anyone else.

What? No other opinions? Just going with the majority again.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:41 
Sleepyhead

For some reason I'm going to go for Grim... - not entirely sure, but he's one of the 4 or 5 people it could be.

[vote:Grim...]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:44 

I'm pretty stumped. I reckon it's probably Mr Chris or Grim..., but I've got a nagging feeling it could be Kalmar or vegetables.
It's probably Dimrill though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:42 

Just over five hours to go people. Tick, tock.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:53 
baron of techno

Apparently we need to bang this up a gear.

Is that a correct assessment of the situation? :
"We've only got a 1/13 chance of hitting the SK, and if we don't, he's won"

For now I'm going to go with Dimrill because he was right last time, and [vote:Grim...] looked at me funny once.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:54 
baron of techno

Although, did he write those descriptions?
I think Mr Chris is sick enough, not sure about anyone else :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:30 
Skillmeister

I don't believe Mr Chris is guilty. My tummy says no.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:32 
Paws for thought

kalmar wrote:

What?

kalmar wrote:

For now I'm going to go with Dimrill because he was right last time, and [vote:Grim...] looked at me funny once.

We've got better odds than those, but our safe bets will disappear one by one every night.

I am torn.

Think it'll have to be the wench Chris, really.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:40 
baron of techno

Mr Dave wrote:
kalmar wrote:

What?

kalmar wrote:

We've got better odds than those, but our safe bets will disappear one by one every night.

I'll need to go back and count up, but I don't think we have that many nights left (well, one in fact): once the SK bags five, he's won the game!

If that's the case then it's all or nothing now, we can't hedge our bets.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:40 
Skillmeister

Bluecup wrote:
myoptika wrote:

What? No other opinions? Just going with the majority again.

Salient point! Except I still think it's the bellowing bear.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:41 
baron of techno

Dimrill wrote:
I don't believe Mr Chris is guilty. My tummy says no.

You are sick enough though!

*suspicious glare*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:42 
Skillmeister

*hangs out sign in front of taxidermy shop*
"I WILL LEAD YOU UNTO GLORIOUS TIMES"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:48 
Sleepyhead

Sure, the SK gets his win condition if he gets five kills, but that doesn't mean that the town loses. We just don't win as much. Also, I was under the impression that the game would continue until we get the bastard one way or another... but I could be wrong.

Either way, we've killed the nasty vampires and all that jazz.

Hurrah for town!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 13:16 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Gosh, my head is a bit funny today.
Anyway, we're concentrating on Mr Chris and to a lesser extent myself, but some people from the "possible" list are being ignored completely, namely Vegetables and Kalmar.
Neither of them are setting alarms off in my head, both are normally quite quiet, especially Vegetables.
I've still got the niggles for Mr Dave, and it occured to me that we're not going for Dimrill because he fingered the two vampires, but of course he didn't - Mr Chris did. Dimrill just shouted about it.

Still, I'm no more than 'slightly suspicious' of anyone. Were this a normal day I would be tempted to let it time out, but of course it's not a normal day.
I'll stay with Mr Chris for now, because he is 'slightly suspicious', and he's acting in almost exactly the same was as h('is SK brother' - Ed) did in that other village a while back.

I'm also starting to get nervous that we might actually run out of time if people don't turn up today.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 13:19 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

There were some excellent drunken posts last night, but this is my favorite:
LaceSensor wrote:

donthave timetoread wholethread onfriends laptop antisocially,

he still seems bad

I amDEFINITELY Van Halen dontworry.

\I knew the Rev Owen was a PReist, I was trying to get attention away from me onto Grimwhen I noticed the Rev being obvious,and grim picking up onit.

I rthought the rev woulkdhave beentargeted by the vamps, so i pretty much outed him andimplicated grim as van halen to save my own ass, aND I THOUGHT GRIM WAS VANILLA

SORRY TYPING ON A MAC AND ITS WIERD AND I DONT HAVE TIME TO FIX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 13:34 
Paws for thought

Grim... wrote:
I've still got the niggles for Mr Dave, and it occured to me that we're not going for Dimrill because he fingered the two vampires, but of course he didn't - Mr Chris did. Dimrill just shouted about it.

I'd be less inclined to think Dimrill, as the SK was really quite good with their targetting, and Dimrill wasn't paying much attention during days 2 and 3. But there you go.

Quote:
I'm also starting to get nervous that we might actually run out of time if people don't turn up today.

Which is another reason I went for Chris.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 13:45 

If we get the SK today, we win.
If we don't, he gets his win condition and we carry on, presumably until we catch him. This will also give the loon/psychiatrist a chance to fulfil their win conditions.
We need to lynch somebody today, but it's not the end of the world if we get the wrong one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 13:59 
baron of techno

Hmm, I'm just wondering if win condition = game over, because it does usually..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 14:00 
baron of techno

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 14:03 

1 more then, shall I finish this?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 14:04 

The game will end tonight whether you find the serial killer or not, as all the win conditions will have been decided then.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next