Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blind Scum 2 Day 2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:01 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

What time have we got till on today?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:02 
ugvm'er at heart...

TheVision wrote:
What time have we got till on today?

We've got till tomorrow lunchtime :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:02 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

I am a vanilla Townie and I have no fricking idea what you guys are on about? Am i supposed to read it whist standing on my head? Now I feel all stupid and that I am missing something glaring and obvious, but cant see a thing.

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:03 
Slightly Brackish

Trooper wrote:
Alberto wrote:
I question how some people actually go about the process of reading here; it's as if they read a bit, skip a bit, read a bit etc and have been doing so from the very beginning of the game.

Trooper: spell out the main thrust of your argument for Jasmine please. The only way I don't lynch you is if we vote for her instead and she turns out to be Mafia, but you'll have to convince me to try that approach.

I've read every other word, every other letter of various posts and i'm still none the wiser. Trying to tell me to use the code for you doesn't help when I don't know what it is dude :D

We can't just tell you, because then we can't distinguish good guys from bad guys by it any more; granted, now we have the problem of telling stupid good guys from bad guys, but at least that's a preferable problem. I hope you take it as a compliment when we say we consider you too smart to be a stupid good guy and therefore the odds are heavily on you being a bad guy... certain other players would cause us a real headache figuring out which they are!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:04 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Alberto wrote:
We can't just tell you, because then we can't distinguish good guys from bad guys by it any more

Unless Nick was lying, you couldn't ever - you could only tell vanilla from power roles.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:06 
ugvm'er at heart...

Craster wrote:
Alberto wrote:
We can't just tell you, because then we can't distinguish good guys from bad guys by it any more

Unless Nick was lying, you couldn't ever - you could only tell vanilla from power roles.

And even then, if you think I have a power role, then your system is broken, as I can guarantee 100% i'm vanilla townie.

This is all bullshit :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:07 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Craster wrote:
Alberto wrote:

This is correct.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:08 
ugvm'er at heart...

Alberto wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Alberto wrote:
I question how some people actually go about the process of reading here; it's as if they read a bit, skip a bit, read a bit etc and have been doing so from the very beginning of the game.

Trooper: spell out the main thrust of your argument for Jasmine please. The only way I don't lynch you is if we vote for her instead and she turns out to be Mafia, but you'll have to convince me to try that approach.

I've read every other word, every other letter of various posts and i'm still none the wiser. Trying to tell me to use the code for you doesn't help when I don't know what it is dude :D

We can't just tell you, because then we can't distinguish good guys from bad guys by it any more; granted, now we have the problem of telling stupid good guys from bad guys, but at least that's a preferable problem. I hope you take it as a compliment when we say we consider you too smart to be a stupid good guy and therefore the odds are heavily on you being a bad guy... certain other players would cause us a real headache figuring out which they are!

I'm telling you, if you have a system it is fundamentally flawed. Because i'm pretty OCD on particulars and I can't see it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:09 
Then you are not a vanilla troops.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:10 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

If you guys are utterly convinced that your little whatever it is means that Trooper is lying, then I'll have a piece of that action.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:10 
ugvm'er at heart...

nickachu wrote:
Then you are not a vanilla troops.

Ok, everyone vote for me please, I'll prove I am. At least this day will give a huge amount of info for the town tomorrow.

[vote: trooper] :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:11 
Slightly Brackish

Craster wrote:
I'm a little concerned that this entire strategy is going to end up with picking out people like the cop who rely on their anonymity and getting them lynched.

Well yes, that is the danger; but more power roles are bad than good, so it's a risk worth taking mathematically I feel. To be honest, the more townsfolk manage to identify themselves then the less need there'll be of a detective anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:13 
ugvm'er at heart...

If a power role can't see something a vanilla can, then this breaks our meta rules you know...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:14 
ugvm'er at heart...

Before we carry on, Curio, can you check this out and see if it breaks any meta rules.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:14 
Awesome
Yes

Seems to be balderdash and rot. I'm going to [vote:Grim...]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:15 
a creature of fathomless grace

Alberto wrote:
Craster wrote:
I'm a little concerned that this entire strategy is going to end up with picking out people like the cop who rely on their anonymity and getting them lynched.

Well yes, that is the danger; but more power roles are bad than good, so it's a risk worth taking mathematically I feel. To be honest, the more townsfolk manage to identify themselves then the less need there'll be of a detective anyway.

And the more quickly and easily the mafia can take all the townies out! I'm not sure I see that logic.

Erm, the counter, does that show just the posts from whichever day we're on, or posts since Day 1? Also, could someone give me the link to it please! I have another theory potentially bubbling

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:16 
Awesome
Yes

TheFireFaerie wrote:
Alberto wrote:
Craster wrote:

And the more quickly and easily the mafia can take all the townies out! I'm not sure I see that logic.

Erm, the counter, does that show just the posts from whichever day we're on, or posts since Day 1? Also, could someone give me the link to it please! I have another theory potentially bubbling

Blind Scum 2 Day 2
VOTE UPDATE

thefirefaerie: 1 (sdg)
goddess jasmine: 1 (TheFireFaerie)
thevision: 1 (DavPaz)
grim...: 2 (Malc74, Mr Russell)
trooper: 5 (Ian Fairies, nickachu, Grim..., Trooper, Alberto)

Not voted: 7 (malc, craster, kovacsc, bobbyaro, goddess jasmine, thevision, slightly green)

With 17 players alive, 9 votes are required for a lynch, and 9 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

ugvm'er at heart...

Mr Russell wrote:
Seems to be balderdash and rot. I'm going to [vote:Grim...]

[vote:grim...] of course taking out grim... will tell us either way if this is bullshit too.

Awesome
Yes

Oh, sorry you meant the post counter:

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/quiet.php

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:17 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

No point in voting for Trooper, I think he's going to asplode.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:18 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:
No point in voting for Trooper, I think he's going to asplode.

:DD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:19 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Alberto wrote:
Well yes, that is the danger; but more power roles are bad than good

This is, of course, the one type of game where we don't know that. We've already got a pair of lovers - add a few of the other usual suspects to that and you could easily have the same number of townie power roles as non-town ones.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:20 
Slightly Brackish

Craster wrote:
If you guys are utterly convinced that your little whatever it is means that Trooper is lying, then I'll have a piece of that action.

Not 100%, no, there is a not insignificant chance that he's just acting as a lightning rod by being uncharacteristically dim and exposing it by talking the most. Its only the fact that we think he's sharp and "OCD on particulars" to use his own words that makes it so hard to believe he's a vanilla townie. Most of the bad guys are going to be sitting around not getting drawn into this to be honest, they'll wait and hope we are proved wrong about Trooper knowing there's a good chance they can lead a march against 3 (4?) established vanillas who now look very suspect simply due to Trooper being uncharacteristically dense for a day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:21 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Trooper wrote:
Before we carry on, Curio, can you check this out and see if it breaks any meta rules.

It won't be anything like that because:

1) Curio wouldn't have the faintest idea how to set up anything forum-based to do that
2) He'd have to get Grim... or me to do it, which would render it somewhat pointless

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:22 
ugvm'er at heart...

Alberto wrote:
Craster wrote:

Not 100%, no, there is a not insignificant chance that he's just acting as a lightning rod by being uncharacteristically dim and exposing it by talking the most. Its only the fact that we think he's sharp and "OCD on particulars" to use his own words that makes it so hard to believe he's a vanilla townie. Most of the bad guys are going to be sitting around not getting drawn into this to be honest, they'll wait and hope we are proved wrong about Trooper knowing there's a good chance they can lead a march against 3 (4?) established vanillas who now look very suspect simply due to Trooper being uncharacteristically dense for a day.

Sorry to disappoint, I really am being as stupid as you think, or this is all bullshit and you're setting up deniability for tomorrow.

Sleepyhead

Craster wrote:
Trooper wrote:

1) Curio wouldn't have the faintest idea how to set up anything forum-based to do that
2) He'd have to get Grim... or me to do it, which would render it somewhat pointless

*bans Craster*

To be fair, there is only a few of us "talking" as such, looking at the chat counter, kovacs and gazchap have been very quiet. I'm not going to change my mind on trooper though, unless he comes out with some fantasical roleclaim, but still probably won't change my mind.

SupaMod
Est. 1978

Craster wrote:
Trooper wrote:

I dunno. I think it's well within the limits of what's allowed, but it is a bit meta-y. But then, so it saying that I always like to go for a no-lynch on day 1 (as that's information from outside this game, obv).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:23 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I also wonder if Curio actually knows what it is...

Anyway, as no-one else is going to ask - what are you, Cras?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:23 
ugvm'er at heart...

Craster wrote:
Trooper wrote:

No, but if it is something inherent in the forum that only shows up for vanillas and not for power roles, then using that is a bit off and shouldn't be allowed, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:24 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Curiosity wrote:
Everyone wakes on the second day since the murder. Well, not everyone.

Gazchap is not well. Specifically, the hole in his head that half his brains have sluiced out of seems somewhat painful, or at the very least lethal.

Gazchap is all sorts of dead. A quick search of his property gives us love poems and rom-com DVDs. Gazchap was one of the Townie Lovers.

@Nikachu.... Ahem. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:24 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Also, I spelt your name wrong there... Apologies.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:25 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

TheVision wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Gazchap is not well. Specifically, the hole in his head that half his brains have sluiced out of seems somewhat painful, or at the very least lethal.

Gazchap is all sorts of dead. A quick search of his property gives us love poems and rom-com DVDs. Gazchap was one of the Townie Lovers.

Lulz :)

It's not his fault - GazChap did post in the thread so the counter picked him up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:25 
TheVision wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Haha! oops. that'll teach me to read properly. How on earth has he posted then. or is the counter for all days?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:26 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Gaz wanted to be let into the dead thread.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:27 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Grim... wrote:

Anyway, as no-one else is going to ask - what are you, Cras?

Nothing terribly useful, and saying it would make it significantly less useful.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:28 
Slightly Brackish

You know, it's actually a valid observation that voting for one of the "club" yields worthwhile info... I hadn't thought of that approach. It's a cast-iron guarantee loss of a townie, but you then have at least 2 voices you can trust if only you have the sense to listen. So I'm open to sacrifice of one of us if it comes to that. Maybe that's even better, because if we're wrong about Trooper then you'll bump one of us off tomorrow and that'll be 2 consecutive days of townie lynches as opposed to just one, and as I say we can't be 100% sure of Trooper's guilt, he's merely our best guess.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:30 

Craster wrote:
Trooper wrote:

So that leads us to the possibilities...

a) it's total bullshit - they are i) having a laugh ii) mafia iii) special 'make up a game / lie' roles or something
b) they aren't mafia but they can talk privately (making them the cult maybe?) and have made up this little game to get people reacting
c) it's true, there are a lot of power roles given the I-can't-see-it townie claims, and Trooper is a filthy liar

other theory null and void, but thanks for the counter!

I'm with a) at the moment, so, [vote: Grim...] (rather than the other two, in order to get a lynch so we can get to the bottom of this!)

SupaMod
Est. 1978

I AM DOING NUMBERS.

We've got 20 people playing. At a guess, the power roles are something like:

Don x 1
Goon x 3 (at a guess)
SK x 1
Lovers x 2
Sibings x 1 (I'm counting the other as a goon)
Paranoid Cop x 1
Cop x 1 (I'm assuming there is one, as there's a paranoid one)
Roleblocker x 1 (Assuming GazChap is telling the truth)

We might also have a cult, which would probably have 2 people in by now.

Without a cult, that leaves ~11 vanilla townies.

We've got plenty of time anyway, so we don't need to rush into anything as such, still, I'm not changing my vote

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:32 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

nickachu wrote:
To be fair, there is only a few of us "talking" as such, looking at the chat counter, kovacs and gazchap have been very quiet. I'm not going to change my mind on trooper though, unless he comes out with some fantasical roleclaim, but still probably won't change my mind.

You see Nick, its your pushing for people to role claim on DAY 2 of the game that is making me think your full of bullshit as well as seeming like the loon. I am not going to vote for a band waggon started by people who say they can see it but i can't because i am either not a vanilla townie or am just thick, especially when some of the group pushing have you in it who seems very unstable. I am a vanilla townie. So I am left with either believing that you lot are full of shit or I am thick...will go with you lot being full of it for now.

Nick seems to be flailing around for both days now, trying to either get people to role claim or vote for himself...very odd behaviour.

Will re-read everything again later when I have time, am glad the deadline isn't until tomorrow.

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:32 

Alberto wrote:
You know, it's actually a valid observation that voting for one of the "club" yields worthwhile info... I hadn't thought of that approach. It's a cast-iron guarantee loss of a townie, but you then have at least 2 voices you can trust if only you have the sense to listen. So I'm open to sacrifice of one of us if it comes to that. Maybe that's even better, because if we're wrong about Trooper then you'll bump one of us off tomorrow and that'll be 2 consecutive days of townie lynches as opposed to just one, and as I say we can't be 100% sure of Trooper's guilt, he's merely our best guess.

Also, :this:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:33 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Grim... wrote:
I AM DOING NUMBERS.

We've got 20 people playing. At a guess, the power roles are something like:

Don x 1
Goon x 3 (at a guess)
SK x 1
Lovers x 2
Sibings x 1 (I'm counting the other as a goon)
Paranoid Cop x 1
Cop x 1 (I'm assuming there is one, as there's a paranoid one)
Roleblocker x 1 (Assuming GazChap is telling the truth)

We might also have a cult, which would probably have 2 people in by now.

Without a cult, that leaves ~11 vanilla townies.

However, I'm of the thinking that Curio's spent the last year or so coming up with 'power roles that would be hilariously entertaining in Blind Scum' so there could be literally anything on that list.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:34 
Slightly Green wrote:
nickachu wrote:

You see Nick, its your pushing for people to role claim on DAY 2 of the game that is making me think your full of bullshit as well as seeming like the loon. I am not going to vote for a band waggon started by people who say they can see it but i can't because i am either not a vanilla townie or am just thick, especially when some of the group pushing have you in it who seems very unstable. I am a vanilla townie. So I am left with either believing that you lot are full of shit or I am thick...will go with you lot being full of it for now.

Nick seems to be flailing around for both days now, trying to either get people to role claim or vote for himself...very odd behaviour.

Will re-read everything again later when I have time, am glad the deadline isn't until tomorrow.

Lynch me then, will just be a waste of another townie, and another night for trooper(the SK) to get another kill along with the mafia to get another kill, diminishing the towns chance of winning.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:35 
ugvm'er at heart...

Grim... wrote:

I'd like him to ask a member of the club what it is and decide if it is ok.

Actually, you seem to have got a number of people in your club, and it is pretty obvious who those people are. You, nick, alberto and sdg. You've basically outed the majority of the rest of the players as power roles, and you've said yourself that you don't know if they are good or bad, so the mafia are going to have a field day taking out the good ones, as they now know who are in the mafia, and who a lot of the vanilla town are. It doesn't take a genius for them to figure out who they should target :D

So why not just say what this thing is, and I can tell you why it is broken and why I cant see it if it is so obvious, even though i'm a townie. The town have almost certainly lost due to this, I expect anyway...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:37 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Trooper wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I'd like him to ask a member of the club what it is and decide if it is ok.

Actually, you seem to have got a number of people in your club, and it is pretty obvious who those people are. You, nick, alberto and sdg. You've basically outed the majority of the rest of the players as power roles, and you've said yourself that you don't know if they are good or bad, so the mafia are going to have a field day taking out the good ones, as they now know who are in the mafia, and who a lot of the vanilla town are. It doesn't take a genius for them to figure out who they should target :D

So why not just say what this thing is, and I can tell you why it is broken and why I cant see it if it is so obvious, even though i'm a townie. The town have almost certainly lost due to this, I expect anyway...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:38 
ugvm'er at heart...

:DD Well rebutted, you've convinced me it is all true!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:39 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

As our self-confessed Mafia Genius can't work out who's in and who isn't, I'm not so worried about the baddies for now.

You're the one that won't stop going on about it, anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:40 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Trooper wrote:
Craster wrote:
Trooper wrote:

No, but if it is something inherent in the forum that only shows up for vanillas and not for power roles, then using that is a bit off and shouldn't be allowed, I think.

What are you banging on about?
Why would you think that Curio would get Grim... to code in something into the forum, when he could just tell them in the role PM!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:41 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Er, wow quite few posts between me opening that page and reading it!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next