Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game V Chat Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:02 

Oh god, just what we need, some more roleclaims.
What? You're a cop, you say? Well, I never.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:07 
That Rev Chap

You know, I was really looking forward to running this game. Like, really, really, really. A lot.

I put an awful lot of work into the rules, running through scenarios, trying to balance things, all that.

And all people can do snipe at each other and go on about that fucking screenshot. It was a stupid thing for Lace to do, but I still think a modkill would have been unduly harsh. I didn't do it when I was at my most angry, I still don't wish I did it now. I think a stern warning was the right thing to do.

I just wish people would play the game in a better spirit, because right now it's just getting me down. There's all this bad feeling and if I can let it go, so should everyone else.

I tried Hungry Hungry Hippos. I tried group hugs. I'm out of ideas and I'm just really down about the whole fucking thing right now.

I think need a break for a bit. Apart from sleep and travel to and from work - and a big poo - I've basically been at the PC for days now, checking all the time. I've even been eating lunch at my desk this week, just in case anyone needed a vote count or a rule clarification.

I lost my temper on the first day, I know, but I've tried to run a good game.

I dunno.

I'll feel better soon, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:19 
Paws for thought

Joans wrote:
Oh god, just what we need, some more roleclaims.
What? You're a cop, you say? Well, I never.

A roleclaim of guard would be less sensible though if you were trying to hide a role (1) two have already died and (2) It's obvious when every guard has died. We need those that are quiet to come in and actually do something.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:22 

Rev, feel free to take my post on the last page and put it in the thread (you can claim it as your own if you like).
I'd originally started ranting about how LaceSensor had completely changed the face of the game and the night kills could have been different, and only being day 1 it had pretty much ruined the game. Then I realised that (as long as he's telling the truth), it didn't really make any difference. If he'd been killed, then you'd have a dead cop, as it is you've got a live one, but people know who he is and there's still enough different groups in the game that even if he did fake the screenshot, somebody will still want him dead. The major effect it's had on the game is the sour taste it seems to have left in peoples mouths, although I don't blame them for that in the slightest.

Edit - It's been said, but you're doing a good job running it. I still haven't really read through all the rules although it was a game I'd like to have played because it's so different to the ones we've already done. Although I appreciate that peoples circumstances can change, I'll be a bit annoyed if I've dropped out only for someone to get modkilled because they weren't taking part.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:37 
Paws for thought

In the original mafiascum game, we had two substitutions rather then just flat out modkills. It's just a matter of whether this thread acts too much as a spoiler.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:41 

They were both pretty drastic circumstances though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:45 

Runcle wrote:
I think in the case of lacesensor I think God tell us if hes a good guy or not as the sceenshot has created way too much confusion. I know the bad guys might have a problem with this especially if he is in their group but I think you all should have a open vote in this day thread to decide if lace should stay or not.

What does he think the lynch is? ;)

Rev - Are you prepared to tell us whether Lacey is really a cop? I suspect so given your reaction.

No-one's pushed the Mimi is joker angle which I find interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:54 
That Rev Chap

Dudley wrote:
Rev - Are you prepared to tell us whether Lacey is really a cop? I suspect so given your reaction.

I'm keeping quiet, sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 21:31 

Now similar people are going after Bobbyaro, the most vocal anti-runkite.....

I'm leaping to conclusions!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 21:40 

KevR wrote:

How exactly would we have known if the Penguin turned against us and started feeding us misinformation?

Oh come on Kev... For a start the fact you lynch someone and he's lying would be a pretty fucking good clue. Secondly, why the hell WOULD he? If he had a doctor protecting him he'd have precisely 0 motivation too.

Kev's leapt from nowhere to look rather suspish today.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 13:04 

How is there not more of a run on runcle? He was trying to kill Malc, then he did kill me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 13:10 

Great, now we've all got to enter the lottery twice. Just in case. :attitude:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 13:23 
Paws for thought

Dudley wrote:
How is there not more of a run on runcle? He was trying to kill Malc, then he did kill me.

For much the same reason Comical got off in game 2.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 14:10 

As a forum we're all a bunch of mindless fools?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 14:22 
Paws for thought

Very easy to redirect a group of people if you want to, so long as you do it before any momentum builds up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 19:48 

Oh look, someone I said was innocent gets lynched and was innocent, having been voted for by all 3 of the people I said were evil.

It's almost as if they didn't listen to me at all despite the fact that everything I said that was verifiable as truth, has in fact been verified as truth.

I am allowed to play against my win condition now I'm dead? Because I'm starting to really hope these idiots lose, they deserve nothing better.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 19:58 
That Rev Chap

Dudley wrote:
I am allowed to play against my win condition now I'm dead?

Go right ahead.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 20:52 

In that case I hope they lose badly.

Then again, it's mostly the fault of whomever Azrael is. I shall reserve a special insult for them.

If you're reading this later Azreal, "you twazzocking bastarded face moronpigmy".

In other news.

hi Bobbyaro, how they got away with basically lynching you for agreeing with me AFTER THEY FOUND OUT I WAS RIGHT I'll never know.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 23:50 

Dear Townies,

You might want to stop lynching, because you're shit at it (unless you get some metadata to point you in the right direction).

Cheers,

Joans.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 0:08 

And if only someone had provided compelling evidence of the identity of some of the mafia and had provided not 1 but 2 possible mechanisms for foolproof finding out of more of them eh?

Hope they all turn into plants.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:15 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Dudley wrote:
And if only someone had provided compelling evidence of the identity of some of the mafia and had provided not 1 but 2 possible mechanisms for foolproof finding out of more of them eh?

Hope they all turn into plants.

What's the betting that not one of them goes back over what you and babby said and considers it in the light of knowledge of your roles, eh?

It's a great game, this. Amazing how easily people can be directed and how silly they can be when they're isolated in the dark.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:42 
That Rev Chap

The night actions I've got so far are very interesting. I'm having to read the rules carefully to see what's going to happen. And in the unlikely event that I ever run another GothamScum game, I think there's at least one change I'll make.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:10 

Banning ComicalGnomes?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:17 
That Rev Chap

Nah, I want to change the Dr Quinzel night action slightly.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:48 

Day 3 makes for some pretty terrible reading.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 13:05 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

What a bunch of arse.

These townies are rubbish. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 14:40 

Hi Bobb!

So, who do you think is mafia? :P

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 14:58 
Paws for thought

Bobbyaro wrote:
These townies are rubbish. :(

We'd spotted.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 15:18 

To be fair, we were really subtle at pointing it out in this thread though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 15:45 
That Rev Chap

Hang on to your hats, day four coming up!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 15:46 

Woo!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 15:48 

Quick, where's my hat?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 15:49 
Paws for thought

Seriously, if they were going to hit anyone, go after someone who voted for Dudley in day 2.

So any of : "comicalgnomes, craster, curiosity, grim..., lacesensor, mr russ, plissken, pundabaya, runcle, spinglo sponglo!, zardoz"

A list which conspicuously lacks the person they did vote for. Foolish townies.

But then again, the next list contains... pretty much the same people "comicalgnomes, craster, goddess jasmine, kevr, lacesensor, plissken, pundabaya, runcle, zardoz"

It may be entirely wrong, but if the townies don't spot an emormous stench coming from that...

Interestingly, Pundy is in both, and after Day 2 was too quick to play to a Robin like persona.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 15:52 

Given I pointed out both the correlation between the voting on lacesensor (when mostly proven to be townie) and Malc (exactly who he said he was) and me (exactly who I said I was) and they ignored it.

I'm not confident. Runcle and Zardoz carry most stink of those , I actually suspect Veg may be the don.

And I still really, REALLY hope Mimi is the joker.

If (when) the townies lose this, they only have themselves to blame, it's rivalling Comical. Grim and me pulling off a cult victory for sheer "They're all fucking morons"ness.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 15:55 
Paws for thought

Yeah, that was daft, but it's quite how obviously the bad guys would've wanted you killed which just makes it utterly unforgivable for them to then ignore who actually killed you.

Especially considering how duff their arguments were for lynching you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 15:58 

Especially the ones who switched from malc TO me, as I pointed out when I still had a couple of votes to go.

Then Azrael killed Malc. I REALLY want to know who that is, the buffoon. I think it was pretty obvious Malc was telling the truth simply because there was no gain in not doing so, he'd be found out so very quickly.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:03 
Paws for thought

But what if the mafia had constructed some huge scheme whereby they gave away two members for little gain, and with a cover story which wouldn't hold up for more than a day (i.e. It'd be very hard to hide that the mafia weren't trying to kill the pair of them).

No, that's right, it's utterly preposterous that anyone entertained that at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:06 

So before owen posts it, who do we think got killed?

I suspect the Mafia's managed to get a remaining power townie. They know (or can reasonably expect) comical and Lacesensor are normal townies (although I suspect Comical of being batman), they know who the mafia are... so there's very few people to choose from, especially given the inmates are not azrael or batman, obv. They have to be careful because killing townies will actually make them slightly more obvious, if that's even possible. They don't want the joker dead just yet either, because while there's more townies, the joker is likely to hit one rather than them.

I predict the mafia or joker got one of Azrael or batman last night, hence Owen's studying of action orders.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:06 

Wow, this is such an honest game. CG really was a cop and Pundy really was Robin.
If only a few people would admit to being mafia the town could still win this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:07 

Mr Dave wrote:
But what if the mafia had constructed some huge scheme whereby they gave away two members for little gain, and with a cover story which wouldn't hold up for more than a day (i.e. It'd be very hard to hide that the mafia weren't trying to kill the pair of them).

No, that's right, it's utterly preposterous that anyone entertained that at all.

Yeah I'm loving that 11 people who can apparently dress themselves and don't regularly soil themselves in public somehow managed to think that more likely that the Penguin had spotted a superb way to win the game and that deal being offered was mutually beneficial for us too. (certainly for me, if we'd all lived, just robbing malc was half the money for my win condition).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:10 

Heh, so no they didn't but that's two more townies gone and if the joker didn't attack pundy, as the description implies, he got batman and robin sacrificed himself, batman is dead tomorrow.

So in short, we continue to see everything I said was true, is probably true. Will they realise today? Will they fuck, they'll lynch lacesensor.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:11 

Jelly? cubes?

That's another not-unlike-mimi's style death isn't it?

Will they notice? Will they bollocks. I'm not saying it's right but if no-one's spotted the Zombee reference in Mr Dave's death then they're not spotting this?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:13 

If it's someone else trying to set Mimi up, you'd have thought they'd have pointed it out by now. Maybe she really is the joker.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:14 
Paws for thought

Joans wrote:
If it's someone else trying to set Mimi up, you'd have thought they'd have pointed it out by now. Maybe she really is the joker.

If it was me, I wouldn't draw attention to myself like that. Plus it's a whole lot better to have a decoy alive and well than dead.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:15 

Plus if it was a set up I think it'd be more blatant. It doesn't read like a setup it just reads like her..... style as it were.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:22 
Paws for thought

If Runcle is not evil, evil scum, he's really bad at this game.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:24 

Runcle: Whoops sorry guys, I've been on every bandwagon so far and they were all wrong. Still let me try again.
vegetables: vote:AnyoneButRuncle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:25 

ahahaha, 2 scum immediately voting for pretty much the 2 least suspicious people in the entire game to try and get a bandwagon going on one of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:43 

Dudley wrote:
Jelly? cubes?

That's another not-unlike-mimi's style death isn't it?

I read that as being that Robin was eating jelly (because he's an emo teenager) when he was attacked, thus he hurriedly dropped them to defend himself.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:53 

Craster wrote:
One down, but Robin is a sore loss. I need to look through the last few days and see who RG looked like he was siding with.

Yes, that's easily the best lead you have. Good work.

Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next