Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Game V Day I: Cataclysm
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:20 
Legendary Boogeyman

myoptika wrote:
If we lynch LS and he's mafia, then you're next, you know that?

Having played and won this game twice before, this possibility had shockingly occured to me. There is no danger of it happening, however.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:21 
Excellent Member

myoptika wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:
To be honest I dont like your attitude and apart from calling people names ([generalising]which everyone does on here to some extent or another) I never got personal like you did. You dont know me. You know nothing about me, so feeling sorry for CG for having contact with me in real life? What do you base that on? Very little, thats what.

My comment about feeling sorry for CG was a joke. However, my comments about your attitude in this game were not.

Well thats convenient. Doesn't reallly matter now anyway.

100 mins to go.
been an interesting first day.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:24 
UltraMod

Convenient in what way? Are you a bit sensitive towards jokes, bwoy? I'll remember to put disclaimers in, in future, and t'ing.

I don't think we're going to lynch you today at any rate, which will be good for us townies (if you're telling the truth). I'm still sticking to my principles, however.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:24 

Just because I just ran the tool

Votematron wrote:
Vote Update

bobbyaro: 1 vote (kevr)
comicalgnomes: 3 votes (dudley, sheepeh, spinglo sponglo!)
grim...: 1 vote (vegetables)
lacesensor: 9 votes (craig, craster, grim..., mr dave, myoptika, pundabaya, runcle, tsumuch, zardoz)
mr russ: 1 vote (rodafowa)
pundabaya: 2 votes (lacesensor, mr russ)

Not voted: bobbyaro, comicalgnomes, curiosity, dimrill, goddess jasmine, mimi, plissken, richardgaywood

With 23 players alive, 12 votes are required for a lynch and 18 votes for there to be no lynch.

No danger of a no lynch, no real danger I suspect of lynching anyone but lacey.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:26 

Dudley wrote:
No danger of a no lynch, no real danger I suspect of lynching anyone but lacey.
No danger of a no-lynch by vote, no, but the game is heading for a no-lynch by timeout. Only one and a half hours left.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:27 
Legendary Boogeyman

I'm not really happy that Rev Owen 'jokingly' insintuated there'd be a bonus for killing Lace. I accept it's a joke, and not serious, but then it similarly wouldn't surprise me that someone killed him anyway just for TEH FUNNEZ, which otherwise might not have happened had the narrator jokingly suggested it. To my mind, that alters the game balance too.

fwiw:

[vote:nolynch]

Nobody is particularly suspicious at the moment, except, y'know, myoptika and Gaywood.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:29 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Nobody is particularly suspicious at the moment, except, y'know, myoptika and Gaywood.
:luv: Fuck you too :kiss:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:31 
Legendary Boogeyman

My welshy sense is tingling :ninja:

Ticket to Ride World Champion

Although I feel LS attitude towards people was a bit unnecessary, anyone voting for him now is silly.

Anyone actively campaining against him has a high chance of being scum.

[vote:myoptika]

Excellent Member

myoptika wrote:
Convenient in what way? Are you a bit sensitive towards jokes, bwoy? I'll remember to put disclaimers in, in future, and t'ing.

I don't think we're going to lynch you today at any rate, which will be good for us townies (if you're telling the truth). I'm still sticking to my principles, however.

I mean its convenient to call it a joke when it certainly didnt, and to me still doesnt, read like one. But thats cool, if its a joke, its a joke, no grudges and I'm certainly not after another argument. Im in enough hot water in this game as it is.

I'm actually trying to weigh up the best thing for the town to do now.
On one hand, there are a couple of people that have been FOS by a few people so far that could be good hits.

There is me, who lets assume IS trtuthful, and is a pro-town player.
If the town get rid of me, it evens the field again for tommorow (depending on what happens with the prisoners, and any night killing) but essentially the still alive people retain their anonymity.

If the town decide to lynch someone else, it may bring better info than a dead cop. However as Myoptika states it might lynch a "better" role than me.

What likelyhood do you think there is of the mafia / otehr killing roles wanting to kill the cops (assuming that they DIDNt know who the cop was - they might want to kill me now just because of spite / annoyance)...?

Persoanlly I think they would be more after Batman or Gordon or joker, who can do most damage against them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:35 
Excellent Member

Final word on the LaceGate incident:

If you GENUINELY beleive I am lying, then lynch me, as that will exhonorate CG I think if what people have said is true, and that would be the best thing of a bad situation.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:38 
UltraMod

LaceSensor wrote:
myoptika wrote:

I mean its convenient to call it a joke when it certainly didnt, and to me still doesnt, read like one. But thats cool, if its a joke, its a joke, no grudges and I'm certainly not after another argument. Im in enough hot water in this game as it is.

It was a joke, so let's draw a line under it. I'll [vote:unvote] as a gesture of goodwill.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:39 
PC Gamer

I'm sticking with the theory that since Mr. Russ was massively suspicious the first three games and was innocent every time, his inobtrusiveness this time is an indicator of guilt.

C'mon. Who's with me?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:40 

myoptika wrote:
It was a joke, so let's draw a line under it. I'll [vote:unvote] as a gesture of goodwill.

Now that's convenient!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:40 
Sleepyhead

ComicalGnomes wrote:
I'm not really happy that Rev Owen 'jokingly' insintuated there'd be a bonus for killing Lace. I accept it's a joke, and not serious, but then it similarly wouldn't surprise me that someone killed him anyway just for TEH FUNNEZ, which otherwise might not have happened had the narrator jokingly suggested it. To my mind, that alters the game balance too.

I don't think it alters the game balance as much as Lace's revelation. I'm 99% certain he's innocent, but doing it in a way that he has done makes this not a game of psychology, logic and bluffing; it makes it a game of Print Screen. I know which I find more entertaining.

Since Lacesensor did that (and Rev Owen pretty much confirmed it was legit with his response), that changed the game massively, as he was almost certainly going to get a bandwagon to the gallows.

Still, it's only a game, etc. Hopefully nobody will take anything personally. God knows enough people have called Mr Russ and myoptika names for the ways in which they have incriminated themselves whilst being innocent townies!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:44 
UltraMod

Bobbyaro wrote:
myoptika wrote:

Now that's convenient!

Is it? I only actually read your post after I'd replied. Fair enough if you think I'm guilty, but I just want the game playing in the right spirit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:45 
That Rev Chap

I think we should all learn from the parable of the Hungry Hungry Hippos and move on. Let's just have a fun, happy game of murder, lies and lynching.

And I'm certainly not going to confirm whether the badge Lace pulled out of his pocket and flashed at the crowd was a real police badge or not.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:47 

LaceSensor wrote:
Final word on the LaceGate incident:

If you GENUINELY beleive I am lying, then lynch me, as that will exhonorate CG I think if what people have said is true, and that would be the best thing of a bad situation.

No it won't and to say so certainly raises my suspicions.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:47 
Excellent Member

New suspicion-o-meter:

Bobbyaro.
Myoptika.
?:|
there seems to be some underlying interactions going on there, might just be clouded due to everything, but its all I've got to go on.

however [vote:nolynch] unless there is some compelling reasoning to do anything.
Theres probably no time now anyway, but right now I dont feel in the position to condemn anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:48 

myoptika wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
myoptika wrote:

Now that's convenient!

Is it? I only actually read your post after I'd replied. Fair enough if you think I'm guilty, but I just want the game playing in the right spirit.

Yeah, I thought as much. I am just trying to move the game on, rather than have 20 pages of bickering. It is a shame that this has affected the game, but at least he wasn't batman! I didn't exactly think everyone was going to run along and lynch you! :) Not even LS voted for you!

[vote:unvote]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:49 

The Rev Owen wrote:
And I'm certainly not going to confirm whether the badge Lace pulled out of his pocket and flashed at the crowd was a real police badge or not.
Dimrill keeps trying to show me a badge, but it's not his pocket he's reaching into.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:52 
Excellent Member

@ Dudley:

From the point of view that 3 or more people accused CG of being in cahoots with me from a Mafia standpoint. If you hang me and my badge is genuine, that would imply that perhaps CG isnt mafia at the very least?

I dont see whats dubious about that. If me saying it is dubious, then so is everyone else that agreed with the theory of hanging me and judging CG on the outcome.

I was just trying to make some form of peace and getting some useful info out of my impending death - because like I said, a dead cop doesnt tell the town anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:55 

Not Mafia certainly doesn't mean not suspicious.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:56 
Best
Board Mother

To be honest I reckon you'll get it in the neck tonight now anyway, so we might as well make our vote count on someone else.

Pundy seems to be in some sort of charactor, but I can't decide what.

Suggestions anyone?

Excellent Member

Im sorry I meant exhonorates him of being Mafia, more than likely.

He may well be someone else, naturally.

Legendary Boogeyman

Yeah, and as I've successfully demonstrated in previous games, the best way to avoid suspicion of yourself is to be enormously vocal about others. You're enormously vocal, Dudley.

UltraMod

I have no idea.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:57 

Rodafowa wrote:
I'm sticking with the theory that since Mr. Russ was massively suspicious the first three games and was innocent every time, his inobtrusiveness this time is an indicator of guilt.

C'mon. Who's with me?

Rodafowa has a good point, but I cannot vote.

But then, maybe Mr. Russ has just learned his lesson.

My gut feeling says GJ, but I do not know why, she has said nothing incriminiating so much that I have 'a feeling', but nothing to act upon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:59 
UltraMod

to Jazzers, obv.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:00 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Yeah, and as I've successfully demonstrated in previous games, the best way to avoid suspicion of yourself is to be enormously vocal about others. You're enormously vocal, Dudley.

I'm what?

I've made about 3 posts accusing people. I voted for you in my first post and haven't changed it.

I've only said a couple of things to Lacey because, quite frankly, I'd have modkilled him on the spot.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:01 
PC Gamer

Mimi wrote:
Rodafowa wrote:

C'mon. Who's with me?

Rodafowa has a good point, but I cannot vote.

But then, maybe Mr. Russ has just learned his lesson.

My gut feeling says GJ, but I do not know why, she has said nothing incriminiating so much that I have 'a feeling', but nothing to act upon.

True, he might have but I've got nothing better to go on unless we're going to punish LaceSensor for being a div, which I'm not really up for. Or ComicalGnomes for winning every time, which I might be up for.

I'm too dim to work out what message Pundy's trying to send us.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:01 
Legendary Boogeyman

You're talking a lot, but not about yourself. Say something that convinces me of your townie-loving innocence.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:03 
That Rev Chap

With less than an hour of daylight left...

Vote Update

lacesensor: 8 votes (craig, craster, grim..., mr dave, pundabaya, runcle, tsumuch, zardoz)
pundabaya: 1 vote (mr russ)
nolynch: 2 votes (comicalgnomes, lacesensor)

Not voted: bobbyaro, curiosity, dimrill, goddess jasmine, mimi, myoptika, plissken, richardgaywood

With 23 players alive and free, 12 votes are required for a lynch and 18 votes for there to be no lynch.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:03 
Excellent Member

@ Jasmine, you may well be correct but that depends what value the killing roles have on a cop. And of course if they beleive my identity.

There is always the option for someone to place me in Arkham or hand me over to the Commissioner.

If everyone thinks that whatever my true Id, im dead anyway, then we should definitely bandwagon someone else to the gallows in order to get info.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:08 
Excellent Member

Scenario 1 - Lynch me.
Night killing role of the mafia will be more informed, and better chance of killing one of their targets.
Couple this with any other night kills

Scenario 2 - Lynch someone else - very random, but may well get more info.
Night roles kill me. No loss their.

Scenario 2 seems more attractive to the town, because the randomness of a mafia hit is less than that of a lynch on day one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:20 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Morning, all! What a fucking commotion, eh?
[vote:unvote]

Quick point - If we're going for a "no metadata" rule, Comical needs to shut the fuck up about things he knows about LS in real life.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:43 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

With 20 minutes to go, it doesn't look like we're going to lynch anyone today. Can I ask that we all draw a line under today and start afresh tomorrow with none of the unpleasantness? Er - except for anyone murdered in their beds, natch.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:45 
Hibernating Druid

What Grim said.

We should only be going off info found in the game thread.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:48 
Excellent Member

Zardoz wrote:
What Grim said.

We should only be going off info found in the game thread.

Fair enough, but there are examples of where this hasnt been the case before...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:50 
Hibernating Druid

Well I have always played above board - and always killed off too.

*cracks open a speshy*

Fuck yers all...

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:54 
Best
Board Mother

Unfortunatly it seems that most of the first days discussion has been taken up by what should be in the general rules, so there hasn't been much gamer discussion and there isn't much to go on at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:57 
Sleepyhead

Let's hope that the night actions give us all some leads...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:59 
Best
Board Mother

Indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:03 
That Rev Chap

And so the day ends and night falls.

Vote Tally

lacesensor: 7 votes (craig, craster, mr dave, pundabaya, runcle, tsumuch, zardoz)
pundabaya: 1 vote (mr russ)
nolynch: 2 votes (comicalgnomes, lacesensor)

Not voted: bobbyaro, curiosity, dimrill, goddess jasmine, grim..., mimi, myoptika, plissken, richardgaywood

The Gothamites seem somehow relieved that the gallows weren't put to use. After a day of anger and frustration the fall of night seems to bring a new peace to the city. Without words, the survivors all come together for a giant group hug. Maybe if they just all work together they'll get through this okay. Gotham feels hopeful now, maybe more hopeful than at any time since it was founded.

The survivors wander off to get some sleep.

Surely nothing could spoil this wonderful feeling?

Night actions in by 10am tomorrow please, at the latest.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8