Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Papo & Yo
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 20:30 
Bad Girl

What the hell was that about? It's utterly charming.

Like a playful African storybook dream. It's got a great unique style all of its own. Loved it.

£12?

Well I don't know about you but I've got 40 odd hours of Xenoblade Chronicals to get through, otherwised I'd be all over this like a dog on hot chips.

Post subject: Re: Papo & Yo
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 22:48 
Excellent Member

Cross-posting my own earlier thoughts from the PSN thread:

I've just played the demo for Papo & Yo and I'll definitely be picking it up. I suspect (and the reviews confirm) that it'll be short and pretty easy but I was utterly charmed by it and a few of the techniques that popped up during the demo put a smile on my face as I realised what was happening. Also, the demo ends with just the rumble and shadow of the approaching Monster without spoiling the reveal which I thought was a nice touch.

Background for anyone that hasn't read about it: your companion in the game, Monster, is a massive and generally placid beast that helps with some of the puzzles throughout. Monster though is addicted to eating the frogs that you find hopping around certain parts of the game and it's this addiction you're searching for a cure to. Whenever Monster eats any of the frogs he flies into a rage and will turn violently on your character. The entire game is based on the developer's experience with his alcoholic father as a child and it's this that forms the emotional core of the game. I'm sure this all sounds very wanky to some of you but I'm a sucker for stuff that tries to be a bit more interesting and, as I say, I was thoroughly charmed by the demo.

Anyway, Eurogamer review here if anyone's interested.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 23:17 
Bad Girl

If anyone's interested, don't read that Eurogamer link. I didn't realise the wider concept and wish I didn't. I'm definately picking this up now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 20:24 
Bad Girl

Almost finished and I need a break to reflect. I might be wrong but this might have the most adult theme in a game ever.

Creepy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 21:07 
Bad Girl

Finished.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
So, um, his dad liked his sister's coconuts, right? Forking hell.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]