And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: 10 Billion to Spare?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 23:48 
Excellent Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17790831

Not sure I get this really

Every god damm thing is costing more, we are bled dry on "easy tax" like fuel, VAT, Gas, beer, fags etc etc

Yet we have 10 billion to lend to any country that wants it. Maybe a bit more for Greece or another 3rd world shit hole we don't even know about?

My thinking is that the UK should stop thinking it still runs 75% of the world and ask the IMF for a cheap 40 billion loan instead of chucking 10 billion in we can't afford

Post subject: Re: 10 Billion to Spare?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 15:10 
Terrible Human Being

As the government points out nobody has ever lost money lent to the IMF in 67 years of it operating, just like all those financial services companies that nobody lost money on until they did. As long as they only lend it to sensible places like Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Spain and Italy I'm sure we'll get it back with interest as promised, and we won't be paying off our own loans with more loans to the IMF.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 21:13 
Excellently Membered

Also it's how it's lent. I think in this case it's just agreeing to guarantee a 10bn. We'd only have to pay it if who ever was borrowing it defaulted on the repayments or something like that. So basically we'd only pay back up to 10bn of what the IMF couldn't get back from the lender.

So it's not actually coming directly out of our pockets like if our mates asked us for a tenner.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 18:09 
Isn't that lovely?

Yeah, it's more like 3 mates.

Mate A lends Mate B some money, on the proviso that Mate C will pay Mate A any shortfall if Mate B cannot pay it all back.

Mate A - IMF
Mate C - The UK
Mate B - Whomever

Malc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 18:43 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

itsallwater wrote:
Also it's how it's lent. I think in this case it's just agreeing to guarantee a 10bn. We'd only have to pay it if who ever was borrowing it defaulted on the repayments or something like that. So basically we'd only pay back up to 10bn of what the IMF couldn't get back from the lender.

So it's not actually coming directly out of our pockets like if our mates asked us for a tenner.

Except the IMf lends Greece $1000000000000000bn and only gets back $5.50 and a bottle of Mythos.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 22:22 
Excellent Member

Yes then once Greece don't pay the IMF ask us for another 10 Billion as it’s in all our interests to keep 3rd World countries in Europe afloat so that all their inhabitants can retire at 31 on finale salary pensions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:36 

Amusingly, the EU itself is asking for a 7% budget increase. I'm sure that's going to be popular.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 
Excellently Membered

Bobbyaro wrote:
itsallwater wrote:

Except the IMf lends Greece $1000000000000000bn and only gets back $5.50 and a bottle of Mythos.

Sounds like a awesome deal. I'm IN!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:12 
Excellent Member

Kern wrote:
Amusingly, the EU itself is asking for a 7% budget increase. I'm sure that's going to be popular.

I know, they are so detached from reality on the one hand, then there is the need to stop the whole Euro bubble from bursting.

Germany get to sell all their stuff to Europe and France get the bulk of the money to ensure fizzy piss made in one area (Sorry Champagne) is always expensive

My Aunt lives in France and has a well-paid job. She is sick of the stress so has arranged a deal where she hands over for 6 months from home and then gets a redundancy package of 3 months’ pay. Not bad as she wanted to leave and the company asked her to stay.

On top of that the French social security will pay her 80% of salary for 2 years. Furthermore if after 2 years she wanted to start a business this payment could be extended for the first year of setting the business up.

Now my Aunt had work for 10 years or more for this company and paid her taxes, point is so have I and so have lots other UK people and we don’t get anything like this. If I was laid off and then paid most of my salary for 2 years I wouldn’t be in a hurry to look for a job.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]