Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
 Post subject: Battlefield 4 is coming...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:36 

Glad I didn't shell out for the soon-to-be superseded (although some of it isn't even available yet) premium content.

Genuine luls. Not content with disappointing me with BF3, they're bringing another full-blown "sequel" out, probably next year. The Battlefield series is all downhill from here I reckon. I wonder if they'll bother to fix the problems that have plagued the games since Bad Company 1 this time or if they're just cobbling together new maps and a new campaign.

I wonder.

Post subject: Re: Battlefield 4 is coming...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:39 
UltraMod

This isn't made by DICE though, is it? They did the multi for the last MoH game, but not sure they're involved this time round.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:41 

You didn't read the advert properly!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:49 
UltraMod

The poster is very small on my phone. That's ridiculous - I'm done with Battlefield now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:50 
Honey Boo Boo

WTB wrote:
Genuine luls. Not content with disappointing me with BF3, they're bringing another full-blown "sequel" out, probably next year. The Battlefield series is all downhill from here I reckon. I wonder if they'll bother to fix the problems that have plagued the games since Bad Company 1 this time or if they're just cobbling together new maps and a new campaign.

I wonder.

Folks who bought Premium must feel even more like goons now, most of the expansions they paid for aren't even out yet but here's the sequel announcement.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:52 

Yup.

I wonder if it'll be 360 game or a 720 game...

If it's a proper next gen game, I might be persuaded. Maybe. But it still leaves a bitter taste. What happened to releasing a 2143 or whatever? Another modern military shooter to go with the rest, no doubt. A once great developer being buttfucked into average by EA.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:07 
Hello Hello Hello

metalangel wrote:
WTB wrote:

I wonder.

Folks who bought Premium must feel even more like goons now, most of the expansions they paid for aren't even out yet but here's the sequel announcement.

I don't know why you can't get your heads around folks like me and my mates who are absolutely content with our BF Premium purchases. It's £40 FFS, it's peanuts, I spend nearly a tenner a day on my fucking lunch.

'Sequel in development whilst DLC for current iteration still to be released SHOCK HORROR!' - nothing new as far as I'm aware.

Personally speaking I feel I've probably had about £40 'worth' of fun out of the Premium pack already, not least because we can all queue-jump onto our favourite servers, even if they're not running Premium content.

I will say one thing for the Premium-bashers here at BEEX though, it's given me an insight into what a crushingly boring drone my PC fanboydom must come across to others like :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:19 
Hello Hello Hello

WTB wrote:
Another modern military shooter to go with the rest, no doubt. A once great developer being buttfucked into average by EA.

I don't know how you can possibly classify BF3 as average.

Well actually, I do, it's because you've played the gimped 360 version from start to finish.

Stop blaming the game, it's the platform that's fucked BF3 for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:29 

Do I really have to go through why I think Battlefield 3 is shit AGAIN with you? I've told you a million times, YES, the console version is gimped, but there are plenty of reasons the PC version is shit as well. Seriously, do you have a selective memory or are you just daft?

Honestly, it feels like a fucking week ago max that I last had this conversation with you - and that was about the fifth.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:34 
Hello Hello Hello

WTB wrote:
Do I really have to go through why I think Battlefield 3 is shit AGAIN with you? I've told you a million times, YES, the console version is gimped, but there are plenty of reasons the PC version is shit as well. Seriously, do you have a selective memory or are you just daft?

As best I can recall pretty much all the 'problems' with BF3 are a result of how the game is structured/limited on the consoles.

I think you said you played the demo/beta on PC but never the full game?

Honestly, if you're going to come out with comments like 'the PC version is shit' then I have to question your sanity and/or taste in games.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:34 

Friday the 6th of July.

If you go back into the Battlefield thread, probably the third or fourth time I had this same argument with you, I explained, in great detail, why I think Battlefield 3 is shit. And those reasons are just as applicable to the PC version as they are the console version.

Nicer graphics, bigger maps and more players are nice, but they're not factors in why I think the game is a fucking husk of what Battlefield used to be and what I expected this to be.

But seeing as you're clearly not willing to interpret anything I'm saying beyond "mnnnnngh Battlefield is shit! PCs are shit! Mnnnnngh!" I give up and kneel to your superior opinion. OPINION.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:37 
Hello Hello Hello

WTB wrote:
Friday the 6th of July.

You just said it was rubbish and that you didn't want to play it alone.

I've still yet to see any kind of real constructive criticism of BF3 that holds true for the full-fat PC experience.

The fact that your mates aren't on the PC isn't any fault of the game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:43 

Page 2 of the Battlefield thread is the first time I talk about it. And I definitely remember giving it a multitude of "other goes" and complaining about those as well. All of which are detailed in that Battlefield 3 thread. Sometimes on multiple occasions in response to AE banging the same drum over and over again!

Yes, the PC version is objectively better. I still think it's a terrible Battlefield game created by a developer in a rowing boat with one oar that doesn't understand what made their games so good in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:46 
Hello Hello Hello

WTB wrote:
Friday the 6th of July.

If you go back into the Battlefield thread, probably the third or fourth time I had this same argument with you, I explained, in great detail, why I think Battlefield 3 is shit. And those reasons are just as applicable to the PC version as they are the console version.

Nicer graphics, bigger maps and more players are nice, but they're not factors in why I think the game is a fucking husk of what Battlefield used to be and what I expected this to be.

But seeing as you're clearly not willing to interpret anything I'm saying beyond "mnnnnngh Battlefield is shit! PCs are shit! Mnnnnngh!" I give up and kneel to your superior opinion. OPINION.

But you also said you stopped playing the game months ago.

It's had some major balancing/patching work done to it in the last few months, and also of course, you have no idea how awesome the stuff the new Close Quarters expansion added is. Gun Master mode in particular is a work of genius.

I'm not trying to be arsey here WTB, and obviously you're entitled to your opinion on the game, but the fact remains that you:

1) Only ever played the gimped version (not having experienced the large 64 player maps in particular will have denied you a big chunk of the 'real' BF experience).

2) Stopped playing it months ago, before DICE put a lot of work in on balancing, and have added a wicked expansion as well.

To just write it off as 'shit' off the back of that is silly.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:51 
Hello Hello Hello

WTB wrote:
Page 2 of the Battlefield thread is the first time I talk about it. And I definitely remember giving it a multitude of "other goes" and complaining about those as well.

Seriously dude, every single thing you listed on Page 2 of the thread either:

1) Isn't the case on the PC (I mean, you actually say '24 players aren't enough' which is a crippling limitation on a BF game that ONLY applies to the console versions).

and/or

2) Has been fixed.

You main complaint there seems to be the small maps and CoD style gameplay, but then again, it will be when you're limited to 24 fucking players on small maps.

I really do feel you're unfairly maligning this game based on an incomplete and out of date experience.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:55 

So anyway, Battlefield 4 is coming!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 13:04 
Hello Hello Hello

WTB wrote:

Well having re-read the BF3 thread - (and I note that I did take the time to respond to all the 'ZOMG THIS GAME IS SHIT' posts time and time again, and point out that people were complaining about stuff that's effectively native to the console versions) - I suggest you'd probably be best advised to do yourself a favour and steer clear of BF4.

Seriously, the BF3 thread is just a wall of moaning about platform deficiencies, and very little that's fundamentally wrong with the GAME. Oh yes and lots of moaning about things costing too much. Again, that's not a fault of the game, that's a case of people not having enough money to buy things with. (Or making a PRINCIPLED STAND against the evils of EA trying to, y'know, make a profit.)

I don't think Ferraris are shit because I can't afford one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 13:10 
Paws for thought

AtrocityExhibition wrote:
WTB wrote:

Well having re-read the BF3 thread - (and I note that I did take the time to respond to all the 'ZOMG THIS GAME IS SHIT' posts time and time again, and point out that people were complaining about stuff that's effectively native to the console versions) - I suggest you'd probably be best advised to do yourself a favour and steer clear of BF4.

Seriously, the BF3 thread is just a wall of moaning about platform deficiencies, and very little that's fundamentally wrong with the GAME. Oh yes and lots of moaning about things costing too much. Again, that's not a fault of the game, that's a case of people not having enough money to buy things with. (Or making a PRINCIPLED STAND against the evils of EA trying to, y'know, make a profit.)

:facepalm:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 13:21 
Hello Hello Hello

Mr Dave wrote:
WTB wrote:

:facepalm:

Meh, whatever. I've just re-read the entire BF3 thread and if you filter out the 'platform problems' and the 'Wahhhh EA are trying to make money!' mewling, there's fuck all of any constructive substance when it comes to problems with the actual game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 13:22 
UltraMod

Jesus Fucking Christ.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 13:23 
Excellent Member

If you stop spending £10 a day on your lunch, one day you might be able to. 8)

I'm sticking with Bad Company 2 until I hear some great collective ZOMG! about BF4. It does everything I need and the maps still feel roomy. And it still has the best sound in a game ever. If BF3 comes down to under £20 I might give it a go on my PeeCee one day, just so I can have an opinion, man.

I care not for unlocks and perks.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 13:27 

I'm not partaking in this argument anymore, AFTER THESE PARTING WORDS:

Why do I fucking LOVE Bad Company 2 whilst I think Battlefield 3 is shit? Both "suffer" from the same console restrictions.

WAIT, STOP TYPING! I'LL ANSWER FOR YOU!

Because Battlefield 3 has a host of problems, irritances, "lack of that Battlefield magic", lack of fun, etc, etc, that aren't related to the platform it is on. It's as simple as that. In my opinion.

And I'm done. Fuck off back to the Battlefield 3 thread if you want to harp on about it further.

Battlefield 4, eh?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 13:28 
Hello Hello Hello

WTB wrote:
I'm not partaking in this argument anymore, AFTER THESE PARTING WORDS:

Why do I fucking LOVE Bad Company 2 whilst I think Battlefield 3 is shit? Both "suffer" from the same console restrictions.

WAIT, STOP TYPING! I'LL ANSWER FOR YOU!

Because Battlefield 3 has a host of problems, irritances, "lack of that Battlefield magic", lack of fun, etc, etc, that aren't related to the platform it is on. It's as simple as that. In my opinion.

And I'm done. Fuck off back to the Battlefield 3 thread if you want to harp on about it further.

You've got anger issues, man.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 13:35 

I'm sorry, you've misinterpreted me again. The capital letters weren't me shouting; they were me talking LOUDLY AND SLOWLY, like one might to explain something complicated to a young child, a foreign visitor with a very basic grasp of the English language, or a fucking moron.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 13:38 
Hello Hello Hello

WTB wrote:
I'm sorry, you've misinterpreted me again. The capital letters weren't me shouting; they were me talking LOUDLY AND SLOWLY, like one might to explain something complicated to a young child, a foreign visitor with a very basic grasp of the English language, or a fucking moron.

And there you go again.

You don't like Battlefield games any more, I get it. Ripping the shit out of BF4 just because they've announced it, when you never even played BF3 properly, strikes me as a bit moronic. (I wouldn't say 'fucking moronic' though, because that's rude.)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 13:41 
Excellent Member

Draws fingers across face in agonisingly despair.

STOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPIT.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 13:42 
Excellent Member

What the hell kind of subtitle is "Warfighter"? Isn't that like having "Need for Speed: Cardriver"? Or "Street Fighter V: Manpuncher"?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 13:55 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

I'd get some popcorn. But then I'd probably do some sick in it. Then burn it with fire.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 14:34 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Bamba wrote:
Or "Street Fighter V: Manpuncher"?

Sexist.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 15:59 
Bad Girl

So if MoH isn't out until October, I'd imagine the BF4 Beta might be another 6 odd months after that. So by the time the Beta is doing the rounds, the premium content (extra ammo! New paint skins for your hand gun! NAME YOUR ASSAULT RIFLE BARBARA!) will be over. Leaving a good few months before BF4 is released in late 2013.

So there's nothing to worry about BF3 players. You've got a while before your game is redundant.

Besides, we'll all be playing BLOPS2 soon enough to even care.

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]