Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: iPlayer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 19:33 

Hullo,

Since new and 'improved' iPlayer launched the blasted thing will not let me download anything or watch any programs. It keeps telling me that the program is only available within the UK.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why?

PS, I am in the UK

Post subject: Re: iPlayer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 19:46 
Comfortably Dumb

If you visit this site, where does that say you are? Have you iPlayer on the Wii to see if that works?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 19:54 

devilman wrote:
If you visit this site, where does that say you are? Have you iPlayer on the Wii to see if that works?

Ah, good thinking! It says I am in London, UK. I will try and connect the Wiiiiiii later to try and access it trhough that (again, good thinking BatDevilman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 19:58 

Have you checked with the U.N. ? Monkey was trying to get the 50 meter radius around him recognised as an independent free state. Try using the iPlayer 50 meters away from Monkey.

Cheer yourself up
Amiga Power Scans.

Post subject: iPlayer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 20:54 
baron of techno

Or send Monkey 50m away.

Also, Londonistan, that's your problem!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 21:03 

Think it must be Mac as it was happening on train, wasn't thinking before. Never had this problem before today, though. Re-booted both computer and router and still no joy. Wii plays iPlayer OK, seems only to be Mac affected. I deleted and re-installed iPlayer. Won't let me watch or download content. Stupid annoying thing.

Monkey going to just act out every episode of all I wish to view.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 21:15 
Comfortably Dumb

What did you use to get online on the train? I've noticed that some mobile broadband shows up as being in the US when I check the IP location.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 21:52 

The BBC are blocking Macs now? That's worth the licence fee on its own!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 22:10 

devilman wrote:
What did you use to get online on the train? I've noticed that some mobile broadband shows up as being in the US when I check the IP location.

It was the T-mobile hotspot on the train (the on-board service) but this was for programs I had pre-downloaded a couple of days previously to watch on the train as the speeds aren't god enough for streaming. I disconnected from the hotspot and turned off Airport to see if that would fix it, but then it just deleted the shows I had downloaded. I both :DD and >:(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 23:17 

Is it just downloads or is streaming not working either?

Not at work at the moment but if you remind me on Monday evening (and tell me your IP address) I might be able to look into it for you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 14:00 

It was downloads and streaming, though today I have just tried the streaming and the first program I clicked on started to play fine.

I clicked on the first program on the iPlayer front page because, oddly, the 'still' of the program showed someone I went to school with, in a program about marriage. She was quite a nasty two-faced thing at school.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]