Bits and Bobs 50
50 shades of bits
Curiosity wrote:
Cras wrote:
What? No.

What? Yes.

Dilute juice tastes nothing like squash and I will absolutely die on this hill.
But not before I watch you drink two pints of dilute lemon juice with a smile.
Isn't diluting juice, pretty much the same idea as diluting already diluted squash?

I'm with Cras, figuratively, not literally or relationshiply.
I dilute squash using juice - that way I get more juice per juice in my drink.
Cras wrote:

I have literally no idea what the difference is between the two.
Bamba wrote:
Cras wrote:

One is squash, the other is fruit squeezed into a glass with water added.
Wait, squash is dilute juice isn't it? If you mean Fresh Juice or Fresh juice from concentrate or something then I'm with you, but if they are both things you pour into your glass and then add water (or more often the other way round, so you don't get water at the top and 90% concentrate at the bottom) then I don't know the difference!
I forget that Scots literally call any non-alcoholic drink that isn't water "juice".
Juice, that's juice
Squash, that's juice
Cordial, that's juice
Coke, that's juice
^^^
Squash

^^^
Juice
Squirt wrote:
I dilute squash using juice - that way I get more juice per juice in my drink.

Genius idea, i'm going to try this tonight and report back.
Malc wrote:
Wait, squash is dilute juice isn't it? If you mean Fresh Juice or Fresh juice from concentrate or something then I'm with you, but if they are both things you pour into your glass and then add water (or more often the other way round, so you don't get water at the top and 90% concentrate at the bottom) then I don't know the difference!

What the fuck.
Wait. WHAT THE FUCK?

You put your water in before the squash, are you insane?
I can't imagine how gently you'd have to pour the water to end up with all the squash at the bottom
SO MUCH WRONG IN ONE THREAD
Cras wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Cras wrote:
What? No.

What? Yes.

The ingredients of squash are literally juice, water and sugar/sweeteners, you numpty.
Are you saying orange squash tastes like fresh orange juice?
Lonewolves wrote:
Juice, that's juice
Squash, that's juice
Cordial, that's juice
Coke, that's juice

Aye, that's all juice right enough. But you're forgetting dancing juice, which typically is alcoholic.

I'd say if it's a liquid, it's juice.
Bobbyaro wrote:
Are you saying orange squash tastes like fresh orange juice?

No. Orange squash tastes a bit like diluted orange juice. This should not be a surprise, but Craster has decided that they are massively different beasts.
krazywookie wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Juice, that's juice
Squash, that's juice
Cordial, that's juice
Coke, that's juice

Aye, that's all juice right enough. But you're forgetting dancing juice, which typically is alcoholic.

Baby oil
Again, please go drink some dilute lemon juice and tell me it tastes like lemon squash.

Your description might just about work for orange and ape juice but literally no other juice.

(@curio obviously)
Orange and what juice?
Ooh, I could crush an ape!
Juice. What a weird word. Joose. Duce.

Posh people have squash. Poor people just dealt with the confusion in the morning, "juice you put water in or juice with bits in?" We called everything juice or pop, and you know you're not getting anything branded if it's called pop.
Cras wrote:
I can't imagine how gently you'd have to pour the water to end up with all the squash at the bottom

Fridge water has so little pressure. I'll take a pic...
Malc wrote:
Cras wrote:

Fridge water has so little pressure. I'll take a pic...

Ah no, it's not that, it's when there is ice in the glass and I use the fridge tap.
Attachment:
MVIMG_20180911_202548.jpg
Do you put the squash in, then the ice, then the water?
MaliA wrote:
krazywookie wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Juice, that's juice
Squash, that's juice
Cordial, that's juice
Coke, that's juice

Baby oil

Slippy juice
Trooper wrote:
Do you put the squash in, then the ice, then the water?

I did then, for the picture. Normally I put the ice in, then water then dilute juice, to stop that weak stuff at the top.
Cras wrote:
Again, please go drink some dilute lemon juice and tell me it tastes like lemon squash.

Your description might just about work for orange and ape juice but literally no other juice.

(@curio obviously)

Obv for juices with lower sugar content it needs more sugar to taste the same. But for the majority of them I bet it’s not far off. Certainly not vastly different.

And I would be well up for drinking dilute lemon juice.
Thrice I say thee pish, Sir.
Lonewolves wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Cras wrote:

People up here will often call squash 'diluting juice' (i.e. the type of juice you dilute before drinking) and I thought when Craster was saying "dilute juice" in his post it was a form of that; which left me wondering how he was contrasting it with squash. I see now he was actually referring to Curio's fucking batshittery so I withdraw my confusion.
Bamba wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Cras wrote:

People up here will often call squash 'diluting juice' (i.e. the type of juice you dilute before drinking) and I thought when Craster was saying "dilute juice" in his post it was a form of that; which left me wondering how he was contrasting it with squash. I see now he was actually referring to Curio's fucking batshittery so I withdraw my confusion.

What do you think squash is made of?

It’s juice, water and sugar.

Apologies if you thought it was made of stardust and unicorn tears :D
Bamba wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Cras wrote:

If you're going to the shop, can you pick up a bottle of diluting juice?

Nobody says diluting juice, surely?
Findus Fop wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Cras wrote:

MaliA wrote:
We call them "dilutes" in the industry.
I had no idea me liking orange squash would be so controversial.
Jem wrote:

You must be new here.
Findus Fop wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Cras wrote:

I could type 'people up here often say diluting juice' again, would that help you understand that people up here often say diluting juice?
Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Cras wrote:

It's not made of freshly squeezed fruit juice with water added that's for fucking sure. What the hell is wrong with you?
Bamba wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Cras wrote:

I could type 'people up here often say diluting juice' again, would that help you understand that people up here often say diluting juice?

Diluting juice
Jem wrote:

Or that such a load of bollocks could be written in the subject. :D
Anyone else play the Battlefield V open Beta last weekend? I managed to get Monday night on it after I randomly noticed it existed. It's closed now :(

Yes, it's yet another online FPS but I thought it was one of the better ones I've played recently. I'll tell you for why.

Small digression first. I was hugely happy when Battlefield Bad Company 2 got put on XBox Gold a couple of years ago, as a bunch of people started playing it again - there were a few months of bliss, but now it's a wasteland of empty servers. BBC2 is without question the finest multiplayer FPS of all time (yes, yes it is. Objectively so). I had many happy evenings blowing buildings up and running around like a joyous loon. There's nothing quite like you and four randos being the last tickets left and then taking down 30 tickets from the red team to win. By collapsing buildings on them. The level design was, without doubt some of the best ever. Arica Harbor will go down in history. The weapons were all meaty and you weren't crippled by not having ground out enough XP to get the "best" weapons.

In essence yes, it's basically a FUCKING GREAT GAME.

So Battlefield V, despite being YET ANOTHER WW2 game, somehow managed to capture a bit of that B:BC2 feeling. It might have been the snowy map I spent most of the evening on being fairly reminiscent of White Pass or Nelson Bay in B:BC2, but it just played so well. I also hugely enjoyed nailing a Tiger with a static AT gun.

895 BOOMs out of 1000.
Bamba wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Cras wrote:

It's not made of freshly squeezed fruit juice with water added that's for fucking sure. What the hell is wrong with you?

But literally nobody is saying that?

I said that if you are in a position where you want squash, but have no squash, but do have juice, then diluting the juice is a decent approximation.

It’s not exactly the same, but it’s in the same ballpark. It might be Stella vs your favourite craft beer, but it’ll do in a pinch.

Apparently that is a crazy thing to say, and it’s more like comparing a can of Stella and the concept of ennui.
krazywookie wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Cras wrote:

Diluting juice

Monorail.
Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Cras wrote:

I said that if you are in a position where you want squash, but have no squash, but do have juice, then diluting the juice is a decent approximation.

It’s not exactly the same, but it’s in the same ballpark. It might be Stella vs your favourite craft beer, but it’ll do in a pinch.

Apparently that is a crazy thing to say, and it’s more like comparing a can of Stella and the concept of ennui.

It's more like telling a kid to eat fruit when they want some Haribo.
Curiosity wrote:

Curiosity, right before that wrote:

Um...

Curiosity wrote:

If you are in a position where you want squash, but have no squash, but do have juice, then just drink the juice. Adding water to it gives you...watery juice.
Squash is watery juice, though.
I got enough to go around.
Page 17 of 100 [ 4953 posts ]