BETEO Official Nottingham Meet
9th August 2008
Thank you for the kind offer, Mr. Angle, but I'll have to decline. The flat needs to be sorted, and with the car repairs on top there's no way I'd be able to afford to get even a single round in at t'pub. I won't be claiming on the insurance as my excess is probably higher than the repair cost anyway.
No worries. Sorry about about all that trouble... I have a nasty scrape on my front bumper (thank god it's plastic) that I also need to get sorted. It's a shame as the car is pristine apart from these two marks, and I'm a bit embarassed by them.
What car is it? Mine was pristine until this incident and frankly it hurts me to even look at the car :(
Skoda Octavia. It's a 2002 but it's still in virtually perfect nick apart from a few wear and tear scratches... and this dent and large scrape.

What's yours?
You could fit a Gaywood and a Goat in something that big.
MetalAngel wrote:
Skoda Octavia. It's a 2002 but it's still in virtually perfect nick apart from a few wear and tear scratches... and this dent and large scrape.

What's yours?

:'(
Well if you park like that...etc etc.

You do NOT fuck with a man's car.
Gaz, the missus and I are both aghast. You deserve the right to MURDER THE HELL out of anyone who does that to such a lovely Celica.

Dimrill, I know. But both are 'busy'.

I meanwhile am a total clot and printed out the directions for tomorrow... and left them at work. So I'll have to print them again tomorrow morning at home. Bah!
Yeah, he's making some arse excuses about needing a "car" or something on CoD at the mo.
MetalAngel wrote:
Goat or Gay?

I haven't thought of the premise yet, but this is defintely the title of a new game show.

(suppose I'd better quote it now I've wound up on a new page)
Any last minute disasters?
Yeah, Myp's having a bad hair day.
Dimrill wrote:
Yeah, Myp's having a bad hair day.

I'll have you know I've been up since half six doing my hair.

*preen*

Meaty: you still coming up on the bike despite the rain?
Everytime I see a post in here, I assume something's gone wrong.
I am currently debating bikeage... given it's meant to at least be nice tomorrow.
Remember your pillow. It will get wet on the bike.
Are you here already? Sheesh :)

Everything's ok so far. Going to the shops for some supplies in a bit then we're ready :)

Its a bit wet though :(
Dimrill wrote:
Remember your pillow. It will get wet on the bike.

It'll make for a comfy snooze on the way down, though.
I hope Dave set out okay :S *Starts nervously pacing between the computer and front room*
Have you got each other's numbers? What whisky did you want me to get again? I'm stood in the only part of Tesco with a GPRS connection. :s
Ah yes! Cocktail stuff, almost forgot. Erm... any cheapo blend. Teacher's or Bells will do. Also lemons.
Wait, this bit sounds scary. :'(
Joans wrote:
Wait, this bit sounds scary. :'(

Don't worry! GPRS = Great Pantene Rug Spray. He's talking about his hair again.
Due to the intense misery of the weather, driving. >:(
Typical. I don't think they have one of those in the Tesco near me (not that I'd need it).
I can confirm it's also pretty wet in the Birmingham area, so I guess it's just raining everywhere.
Looks like it should stop over Nottingham about 1am. You can probably cross off any nice beer gardens you were going to take us to.
Stupid weather. I was supposed to be going up Snowdon today.
Right, I think I've got everything we possibly need for a drunken night.
myoptika wrote:

Camera, pref. digital.
MaliA wrote:
myoptika wrote:

Camera, pref. digital.

What happens in Nottingham, stays in Nottingham. ;)
I REALLY hope you're planning on doing this again, say around Christmas? ;)
*pacing regularity increases*
We are still aiming for 3 aren't we? I can't see Dave getting there for a while yet.
Aiming for 3, yeah, but Dave said he was leaving Bristol at 11. I can make it down to Worcester in under an hour, so I'm expecting him soonish. If everything went to plan of course.
Fair enough, he shouldn't be too long then (if everything went to plan). Depends where he is in Bristol I suppose, if he's by the M5 then it's nice and easy, anywhere else and I'm not too sure.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

It all depends whether that Alton Towers thing is happening or not. I don't want to clash with that.

It's supposed to be summer and it's fucking chucking it down here. :(
Joans wrote:
Fair enough, he shouldn't be too long then (if everything went to plan). Depends where he is in Bristol I suppose, if he's by the M5 then it's nice and easy, anywhere else and I'm not too sure.

If I remember rightly, he's in Westbury-on-Trym. That's right next to the M5. :)
myoptika wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

It all depends whether that Alton Towers thing is happening or not. I don't want to clash with that.

It's supposed to be summer and it's fucking chucking it down here. :(

Well we don't even need to consider it until say early November?

I'm not sure what CUS is planning with it tbh.
A Christmas one could be a good idea. Let's see how this one goes first. *fetches galoshes and sou'wester*
Hopefully you'll have repaired everything and got over the mental trauma by Christmas. :)
Dimrill wrote:
Ah yes! Cocktail stuff, almost forgot. Erm... any cheapo blend. Teacher's or Bells will do. Also lemons.
:spew: Life is too short for bad wine or bad whisky.
Right, where are you all? Bored of waiting.

Oh and I've just realised our house number is covered up by the overgrown hedge in the front garden. Oh dear...
Still here.

Not any more. See you in real life.
ZOMG internet people on their way to my house. If I don't post again this weekend call the police.
Oh my god they're here. No one's stolen anything yet.
Ange wrote:
Oh my god they're here. No one's stolen anything yet.

We demand updates.
Page 14 of 17 [ 844 posts ]