Royal Wedding, Electoral Reform, and Royal Babies thread
Honi soit qui mal y pense
Brexit brings the Anglosphere closer!
Marrying an American divorcee? I'm not sure that turned out so well last time.
Although if you're going to marry someone from Suits, it clearly should be Donna.
Squirt wrote:

:DD And he had dubious Nazi connections...
Squirt wrote:
Although if you're going to marry someone from Suits, it clearly should be Donna.

And if you're going to marry a Donna, it should be Donna Actual from The West Wing.
Grim... wrote:
Squirt wrote:

And if you're going to marry a Donna, it should be Donna Actual from The West Wing.

Disagree. Donna from 2 Pints of Lager and a packet of crisps.
I'm looking forward to Mr Trump posting a message on Twitter claiming to have declined an invite.
MaliA wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Squirt wrote:

She's Donna, she's not a Donna.

Plus I was more of a fan of Janet.
Grim... wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Squirt wrote:

Louise.

Janet just looked filthy all the time. Smith nailed that part.
Squirt wrote:

Charles was technically a widower when he married Camelia, so if the future King can do it, then so can Harry I guess?

Nice to see he can marry someone he loves and who isn’t a first cousin

Wonder which Dukedom Harry will get? Also will she be still working on Suits?
asfish wrote:
Charles was technically a widower when he married Camelia, so if the future King can do it, then so can Harry I guess?

Charlie married Camilla in a civil ceremony and had it blessed at a church. Not sure how far things have changed since then, but I guess it wasn't a problem for one of his more notable namesakes.

The only other thing I remember from that time was a Youtube parody called 'Camilla Queen', which still makes me smile.
MaliA wrote:
Grim... wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Squirt wrote:

Louise.

Janet just looked filthy all the time. Smith nailed that part.

I like how we've effortlessly moved from a royal engagement to 2 Pints. :)

I went out with someone who used to get compared to Donna a lot, which she hated, although I think it was more down to snobbery than anything else - she didn't like The Royle Family (almost back on thread track) because she didn't like to think people like that actually existed
devilman wrote:
(almost back on thread track)

What are her thoughts on proportional representation?
asfish wrote:
Squirt wrote:

Nice to see he can marry someone he loves and who isn’t a first cousin

Wonder which Dukedom Harry will get? Also will she be still working on Suits?

That "technically" is worrying.
Donna Air, surely?
asfish wrote:
Wonder which Dukedom Harry will get?

Aquitaine.
Spectator waffling about the Royal Marriage being bad because she's a divorcee.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/11/p ... d-showbiz/

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the entire existence of the Church of England based on the desire for divorcees to get married, and Royals in particular?
Cras wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the entire existence of the Church of England based on the desire for divorcees to get married, and Royals in particular?

He liked to chop and change!
Cras wrote:

For terrible opinion pieces on the engagement, I think Tatler is winning so far.

Quote:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?! It's simple, really: Your average English girl rarely brushes her hair and never cleans behind her ears, so it's no wonder that Britain's bachelors are falling for spruce all-American charms.
Yeah! British women, up your game!
devilman wrote:
Cras wrote:

For terrible opinion pieces on the engagement, I think Tatler is winning so far.

Quote:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?! It's simple, really: Your average English girl rarely brushes her hair and never cleans behind her ears, so it's no wonder that Britain's bachelors are falling for spruce all-American charms.

Holy shit, that's surely got to be some kind of incredible satire? The entire article is just mind-boggling.
MaliA wrote:
Yeah! British women, up your game!

Ed Sheeran?
It was very courteous of Prince Harry to announce his wedding within the publishing schedule for 'Private Eye'.
ROYAL BABY INCOMING
PUSH KATE PUSH! PUSH KATE PUSH!
So kind of Will to further reduce Harry's chances of ever becoming king. Could at least have waited until after his wedding.
Clearly a Royal Baby being born on St George's Day is a clear Symbol of BRITAIN GOING FORWARD and SUNLIT UPLANDS and if they had any decency they'd call it Nigel after the man who freed us forever from BRUSSELS.
Squirt wrote:
Clearly a Royal Baby being born on St George's Day is a clear Symbol of BRITAIN GOING FORWARD and SUNLIT UPLANDS.

In honour of OPEN GLOBAL BRITAIN we should the royal sprog after someone from Turkey who died in Palestine for his beliefs.
Kern wrote:
Squirt wrote:
Clearly a Royal Baby being born on St George's Day is a clear Symbol of BRITAIN GOING FORWARD and SUNLIT UPLANDS.

In honour of OPEN GLOBAL BRITAIN we should the royal sprog after someone from Turkey who died in Palestine for his beliefs.

Find the missing word.
Dark, Craster. Dark.
We should Dark the royal baby?

Controversial, but it might help with Windrush...
I didn’t know she had a second sprog. They’re knocking em out, ain’t they. Jesus.
Satsuma wrote:
I didn’t know she had a second sprog. They’re knocking em out, ain’t they. Jesus.

We need all the alliances we can get these days. Fucking Brexit.
In Asimov's Foundation, whenever a crisis emerged, Harry Seldon's wisdom would guide the planet through. We have Kate's uterus
MaliA wrote:
In Asimov's Foundation, whenever a crisis emerged, Harry Seldon's wisdom would guide the planet through. We have Kate's uterus

Well, for most of it we had Danieel
Welcome to ingerlund, baby Enoch.
DBSnappa wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Well, for most of it we had Danieel

Huge spoilers!
Well, the little 'un is born! Another throat Harry will have to slit when he seizes the throne in a brutal palace coup. Hopefully all involved are well.
Giphy "salute":
https://media3.giphy.com/media/B2pYWvuAH2cnu/giphy-loop.mp4
I'm putting my money on Arthur. Well, if I had any money I would.
BBc reckons Phillip.
Prince Phillip? Nah, sounds stupid.
Page 13 of 21 [ 1043 posts ]