Bits and Bobs 50
50 shades of bits
Grim... wrote:
Overwhelming means "very great or very large".
I'm not sure 62% cuts it.

I think in the context of the referendum, that’s a very large majority.
It's weird being at home when MrsA is doing her job, as I really don't understand what it is she does other than a very general 'make books happen' level. It seems to be 'being on the phone a lot' and something to do with 'drop box'. I might go and have some bacon waffles and take some clothes to the charity shop.
Hey DavPaz! I'm less than a 20 minute drive from you from Sunday!
MaliA wrote:

So you're moving on Sunday? Got enough manpower?
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

He's got horsepower. #ForeverRover
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Into an AirBnB. For a week.

Potential to move 2 days before Kendall Calling!
Can't you ask Kendal to turn up a few days later?
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

I assume the family isn't in the AirBnB with you?
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

I assume the family isn't in the AirBnB with you?

Nope!
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Potential fast moving away. It was a false hope.
We're looking at how easy it will be to relocate to the lake district when we get back....
It's raining in south Manchester.
MrChris wrote:
We're looking at how easy it will be to relocate to the lake district when we get back....

Message me about this tomorrow
**** me, I just saw a Titler post on another site.

It was soooooo looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.

:titler:
Cras wrote:
LOIDH

It's spelled Lloyd, actually.
https://twitter.com/SuperKMx/status/1017867943688982528

Potential Stag member? :/
Day went well. Nothing I cannot do that 8 have not before. Area nice. I found a boat
Boat is fun with children. Beach nice in hot weather. Apart from the semi undressed scousers, natch.
Taking the case off your phone and remembering how light and pretty it can be is something I find oddly enjoyable.
Grim... wrote:
Taking the case off your phone and remembering how light and pretty it can be is something I find oddly enjoyable.

Agree. I'm holding out for superlative materials that require no case.
Actually undressing your partner, as we do it similarly infrequently, is even more enjoyable.
I've never used a case, and never broken a phone...
I use a case on my iPhone X mostly to stop it falling out of my pocket (some of my shorts have quite low-cut pockets, and I tend to slump, so it can slide out) and so I can tell when I grab it which side is which. Protection from falling damage is only one part of it.

Also, 5/6ths of people think playing Russian Roulette is a fine idea.
Trooper wrote:

That pedestal must be mighty fine... ;)
DBSnappa wrote:
Trooper wrote:

That pedestal must be mighty fine... ;)

Sorry, I can't hear you over my smugness.
My Galaxy S8 has a cracked screen despite having a case, so…

Tbf I dropped it about five times trying to juggle it with Amazon parcels. I've never broken a screen before.
I am currently using an exceptionally skinny and surprisingly expensive case from Pitaka. I needed one with metallic elements to work with my magnetic car mount. I like it a lot. Probably won't go back to a chunky case for a while.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44884183

"Supermarket chain Morrisons has introduced a weekly "quieter hour" for autistic shoppers who struggle with music and noise.
Its UK stores will dim lights, turn music off, avoid using the tannoy and turn check-out beeps down on Saturdays from 09:00 to 10:00."

That sounds blissful, regardless of where you are on the autism spectrum!
One has to ask why they don't just keep the checkout beeps turned down all the time. The others I can understand, but no-one other than the checkout operator really needs to hear the beep.

Especially now that Dale Winton's dead.
Morrisons have chocolate chip pancakes.
On the topic of "translation", I present the following:
Attachment:
20180719_150306.jpg

I wonder what solutions they actually offer.
I love the last bit

"Sincerely sorry if you're unpleasant"
360 days is an odd choice
Looks like an even choice to me.
Did you travel back to the early mid 90s specifically to source a digital camera that would take such an awful image?
This was nearly a ruined Friday...
I don't pay my £2 a month for this kind of service.
Trooper wrote:
I don't pay my £2 a month for this kind of service.

Me neither
I may stop not paying.
I may cancel my direct debit.
Smart meters to cut energy bills by just £11, say MPs
Classic stuff. We got one years ago and turned off the monitor after a day because I already knew that I was using more electricity when I put the kettle on, and knowing by how much wasn't going to stop me doing it, or make me feel usefully informed about it. The only advantage is not having to be home when a meter reader calls.
Warhead wrote:
Classic stuff. We got one years ago and turned off the monitor after a day because I already knew that I was using more electricity when I put the kettle on, and knowing by how much wasn't going to stop me doing it, or make me feel usefully informed about it. The only advantage is not having to be home when a meter reader calls.

Absolutely all of :this:
Warhead wrote:

We had a smart meter in the old house, I was quite surprised when someone knocked on the door as they still need to do some kind of physical inspection of the meter.
Early lunch at the ornate Metropolitan on Baker Street before a talk on General Lee and a Prom. An ideal plan for a Saturday.
Being able to monitor energy usage benefits energy companies shocker.
Being home during the day recently, my electricity usage went through the roof, got a letter from the electric company asking me to do a meter reading and put it in their website.
I took the reading, filled in the field online... And in won't let me submit the reading as apparently the new number must be wrong as it is too high compared to previous usage. There is no option for me to say "yes, this really is my reading". Computer just says no.
One of my Gmail dopplegangers has actually contacted me to apologise that I was sent an email by mistake!

So naturally as I'm hiring, I've asked if he is a full stack java developer from london, as fucking around with my workplace by hiring someone with my own name is too good an opportunity to pass up :D
Trooper wrote:
full stack java developer

8) 8) 8)
Cras wrote:
Trooper wrote:
full stack java developer

8) 8) 8)

Full stack developer with extensive java experience, is that better for you :p
Page 10 of 100 [ 4953 posts ]