Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2981 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bits & Bobs 31
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:29 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

markg wrote:
Has anyone ever bought anything from CEX online? Fuck me they're slow. I ordered something a week or so ago and I keep checking the order status each day. .

I ordered a game and an xbox 'chatpad' around a year ago from them - it took around 2 weeks to show up (but did eventually arrive)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:32 
Excellent Member

8) :DD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:37 
Gogmagog

Should have a phone line and broadband a week Friday. I'm not exactly on tenterhooks, nor is my breath bated.

On Friday, we were out and about in Leeds, and found a Sam Smith's pub which was quite pleasent, and a few others, but had a terrible, terrible, meal (The food was worse than at Jericho). I'm off back there today to sort out more agency appointments and the like. I went into a lap dancing club but wasn't expereinced enough to work behind the bar.

Travelled to Oxfordshire on Saturday to retrieve MrsA underpants as she'd left 95% of them there along with what was, allegedly, the amjority of my socks. House #1 is now pretty much empty and house #2 is furnished and not so bad. The landlord came around earlier to introduce himself, seems he owns half the street, and used to be in the textile import/export trade. It's shaping up to be OK around here, I think, despite the fake tan and inches thick foundation the women here favor.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:08 
Sitting balls-back folder

Wait, where is "here"?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:12 
Gogmagog

West Yorkshire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:15 
Master of dodgy spelling....

FFS....

I am totally fed up with the CSA.... I am supposed to make a payment on the 22nd of each month.

They can't seem to take a payment.... This has been going on since April 2009 now!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:19 

MaliA wrote:
I went into a lap dancing club but wasn't expereinced enough to work behind the bar.

Should have worn your techno-frock.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 15:59 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Ah - and we're back in the room :-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 16:08 
Awesome
Yes

KovacsC wrote:
FFS....

I am totally fed up with the CSA.... I am supposed to make a payment on the 22nd of each month.

They can't seem to take a payment.... This has been going on since April 2009 now!!

My advice remains the same.

Put the money aside and stop making the payments manually. When a couple have been missed they'll soon get on to you. You get the paperwork sorted for you and the mess rectified, and you don't miss the sudden hit of all that money going at once because you've budgeted for it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 16:36 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Mr Russell wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
FFS....

My advice remains the same.

Put the money aside and stop making the payments manually. When a couple have been missed they'll soon get on to you. You get the paperwork sorted for you and the mess rectified, and you don't miss the sudden hit of all that money going at once because you've budgeted for it.

It has changed, if I miss payments they will do a deduction of earnings!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 17:30 

A colleague of mine is supposed to be doing till installs tomorrow at one of our customers but has somehow buggered his back up, meaning he wants me to do it tomorrow now instead.

And I am chuffed to bits about this! I could well use a day of driving and lugging shit about as opposed to actually having to think or concentrate on stuff. I've been consistently ill for some reason or other for about two months now, I feel tired and my patience and general ability to concentrate or engage my brain in anything has worn wafer thin. More importantly, I'm sick to the back fucking teeth of coming in to this office every fucking day and staring at the same four walls. And I like my job too, generally speaking!

So anyway, I'm looking forward to tomorrow now.

Also, I think I need to improve my diet, I keep getting very shaky and craving sugar from time to time... today has been unbearable in places and I was in the midst of a full-blown panic attack earlier before sneaking out to the kitchen to shovel six Jaffa Cakes into my gaping maw. That can't be good, can it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 17:30 

A colleague of mine is supposed to be doing till installs tomorrow at one of our customers but has somehow buggered his back up, meaning he wants me to do it tomorrow now instead.

And I am chuffed to bits about this! I could well use a day of driving and lugging shit about as opposed to actually having to think or concentrate on stuff. I've been consistently ill for some reason or other for about two months now, I feel tired and my patience and general ability to concentrate or engage my brain in anything has worn wafer thin. More importantly, I'm sick to the back fucking teeth of coming in to this office every fucking day and staring at the same four walls. And I like my job too, generally speaking!

So anyway, I'm looking forward to tomorrow now.

Also, I think I need to improve my diet, I keep getting very shaky and craving sugar from time to time... today has been unbearable in places and I was in the midst of a full-blown panic attack earlier before sneaking out to the kitchen to shovel six Jaffa Cakes into my gaping maw. That can't be good, can it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 17:39 
Excellent Member

Zio wrote:

I get this when I've been only eating junk, also not good - eat some fruit, it's your body telling you you need Glucose and/or vit C

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 17:41 

Decca wrote:
Zio wrote:

I get this when I've been only eating junk, also not good - eat some fruit, it's your body telling you you need Glucose and/or vit C

You could be right. I do not feel especially tip top today, mentally or physically. And my diet is pretty shocking really.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 22:06 
Excellent Member

GazChap wrote:
Plissken wrote:
Drinking on a plane is not a good idea.

I'm a happy drunk, not an arsehole one ;)

It was more that it affects you faster and the hangover is worse.

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:16 

That would have been the idea, in my case. I can't sleep on planes normally so I was hoping that if I got a little tipsy it'd send me to sleep.

Alas, there was no opportunity to as they wanted to charge redonkulous sums of money for tiny sized bottles of alcohol.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:46 
ugvm'er at heart...

I'm on a 3g dongle at the new client, and it actually works like they advertise! HSPDA connection at full speed with full signal.
Needless to say i'm not in London...

There might actually be a future in this mobile internet thing, you know.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:44 

markg wrote:
Has anyone ever bought anything from CEX online? Fuck me they're slow. I ordered something a week or so ago and I keep checking the order status each day. It seems to progress to another stage once every two days or so. "Order Received" "Stock Picking Commenced" "Stock Picking In Progress" "Stock Picking Complete". I think they must have a giant warehouse staffed by just one shuffling, wheezing geriatric. I can only imagine how many more tasks the poor old giffer is going to need to complete before he'll finally be able get my item to the post office.

And yesterday it went back to "Stock Picking In Progress", then just now back to "Stock Picking Complete". WTFF CEX? I expect far better service from a nationally renowned handler of stolen goods than this!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:49 
Gogmagog

Chamber 15 on the original Portal is really hard. I've just looked at a walkthrough, and although I've clearly go the right idea, just not been able to do it. The controls are too tricky. This is probably why i've not played it for almost two years.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:36 
Slightly Brackish

They have to steal to order so there's a fair bit of hit and miss involved... what if the first few houses they knock off don't have your game? They can't know for sure until they're in.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 13:35 
Awesome
Yes

MaliA wrote:
Chamber 15 on the original Portal is really hard. I've just looked at a walkthrough, and although I've clearly go the right idea, just not been able to do it. The controls are too tricky. This is probably why i've not played it for almost two years.

Spacky Hands Syndrome.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 13:44 
Gogmagog

Mr Russell wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Spacky Hands Syndrome.

I suspect this may be the case.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 13:45 
ugvm'er at heart...

Mr Russell wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Spacky Hands Syndrome.

Racist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 14:04 
It's all pish

markg wrote:
And yesterday it went back to "Stock Picking In Progress", then just now back to "Stock Picking Complete". WTFF CEX? I expect far better service from a nationally renowned handler of stolen goods than this!

It means old Cyril the warehouse-picker wheezed all the way to his desk, then realised he'd grabbed the wrong game and had to shuffle back into the dizzying stacks of merchandise to find the right one. In fact, he's so tired he's going to take tomorrow off, so don't expect your game any time soon.

Xbox Live & Game Centre ID - MalcSeventyFour
You're not allowed to be better than me, though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 14:07 

I know, poor guy. It's actually a steering wheel. It's quite heavy so I'm starting to worry that he's done himself a mischief.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 14:08 
Gogmagog

Quote:
"We can easily compare Amanda Knox to Jessica Rabbit, as in the movie Who framed Roger Rabbit, because she looks like a femme fatale but she is a loyal and loving women. Jessica Rabbit says 'I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way'".

Umm, yeah.

Hope this sorts itself out for her soon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 14:33 
Gogmagog

Following on from a half remembered discussion from this forum , I've just been pointed to here which states that the UK is a more violent place per capita than the US.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 14:38 
It's all pish

markg wrote:
I know, poor guy. It's actually a steering wheel. It's quite heavy so I'm starting to worry that he's done himself a mischief.

*cough* Excuse me for a second.

CYRIL! IT'S A FUCKING STEERING WHEEL! NO, I DON'T CARE WHAT THE PACKING SLIP SAYS! GET BACK IN THERE AGAIN, YOU SILLY OLD DUFFER!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 15:36 
INFINITE POWAH

I'm trying to work out if the £168 on insulation boards for the loft roof will actually work out more expensive than the gas saved.

Still, it'll be a bit warmer at that end of the house now. And any leftovers can be turned into wargaming scenery.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 15:37 
Gogmagog

Mr Kissyfur wrote:

Still, it'll be a bit warmer at that end of the house now. And any leftovers can be turned into wargaming scenery.

You should totally come visit my new basement.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 15:41 
INFINITE POWAH

MaliA wrote:
Mr Kissyfur wrote:

You should totally come visit my new basement.

Heh. Train set!

Also - don't you live in the arse end of nowhere now? How's the north treating you? How's MrsA's new job going?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 15:42 
ugvm'er at heart...

Trooper wrote:
I'm on a 3g dongle at the new client, and it actually works like they advertise! HSPDA connection at full speed with full signal.
Needless to say i'm not in London...

There might actually be a future in this mobile internet thing, you know.

Ignore that. 3G signal has gone from full to zero in the space of 4 hours. I'm now on crappy 2G...

I can't actually think of a worse product than a mobile phone, for not doing what it is advertised to do, and everyone just accepting that "that's the way it is" Be it data, phone calls, text messaging, whatever...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 15:49 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Your phone is a net used for catching mid-air wibbly-wobbly data goblins. It's a miracle it works at all, frankly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:11 
Paws for thought

Craster wrote:
Your phone is a net used for catching mid-air wibbly-wobbly data goblins. It's a miracle it works at all, frankly.

This.

The scale of it all somewhat burger my mind.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:12 
It's all pish

Mr Dave wrote:
Craster wrote:

This.

:DD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:13 
ugvm'er at heart...

Craster wrote:

So is my radio, and TV. They work all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:15 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Yeah, but your phone also generates goblins, and hurls them via catapult at a tower half a mile away, which has it's own net. It's a whole other layer of goblin complexity!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:18 
INFINITE POWAH

Dear Beex - can you please stop making a "bludURP" noise every time I load a page? KTHNX BIBI.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:18 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Also, your phone has to work out which its own special goblins are, and not waste its time dealing with other people's goblins. Everyone gets the same TV goblins, so that's easy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:19 
INFINITE POWAH

Craster wrote:
Also, your phone has to work out which its own special goblins are, and not waste its time dealing with other people's goblins. Everyone gets the same TV goblins, so that's easy.

Don't the goblins just wear different coloured shirts?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:20 
INFINITE POWAH

Most users ever online was 203 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:36 am

8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:21 

Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Only on Verizon in the US. Here, some goblins are taller than others, and you only need goblins of a certain height.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:21 
ugvm'er at heart...

My home internet connection sends and receives goblins down a single tiny fragile wire, which connects to another tiny fragile wire, which connects to a billion other tiny fragile wires, all of which are buried underground, or draped through the air in a haphazard fashion, all of which need to be perfectly connected and none of which can be broken.

That works all the time.

By comparison, my phone throws it's goblins in every direction at the same time, it is literally impossible not to be hit by a goblin of mine if you are within range. Same in reverse from the tower, yet it can't even catch one of them?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:22 
It's all pish

Mr Kissyfur wrote:

8)

We thought you'd left for good, so we had a party...

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
:kiss:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:23 
INFINITE POWAH

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Only on Verizon in the US. Here, some goblins are taller than others, and you only need goblins of a certain height.

Won't that cause difficulties for higher-height goblin networks, as every goblin under that height will be able to get through their magic network goblin door?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:28 
ugvm'er at heart...

Mr Kissyfur wrote:

8)

That was when time changed, everybody who was on then, was counted as being on in the future, and the people who were on in the future were counted as being on in the past.

Clear?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:29 
It's all pish

Nooooo! The contractor working on the basement has his radio on and it's playing... country music. Aaargh!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:30 
It's all pish

Also: Who is Bamba? They appear to be an Extreme Lurker, whoever they are.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:35 
Paws for thought

Malc74 wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Craster wrote:

This.

:DD
My phone is badly behaved. I blame the wibbly - wobbly data goblins, personally. Although it did know I wanted to type wibbly - wobbly data goblins just from wibb. It must be self aware

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 16:37 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mr Kissyfur wrote:

Won't that cause difficulties for higher-height goblin networks, as every goblin under that height will be able to get through their magic network goblin door?

It used to be an issue. Nowadays most phones have several different sizes of goblin net available.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2981 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 60  Next