Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wino dead
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 17:26 
Gogmagog

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
I heard he was reaching in to recover a penne he'd dropped.

Heh, I've been wracking my brains for something like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 17:30 
Gogmagog

JC:

Kindly, it isn't about you and your problems, here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 17:32 
Excellent Member

GazChap wrote:
dogtoffee wrote:
Yet, instead of being a spiteful wanker and finding something bad to say about him I instead passed on my wishes and sadness at what had happened.

There's a world of difference between the two events.

I didn't really talk to Owen much or have much to do with him other than seeing his posts on here, but I still passed on my wishes and condolences. Why? Because he was a member of this forum, and was loved by many.

Amy Winehouse was only one of those.

I'm sure, had she been a member of BeEx (in some bizarro parallel universe) it would have been an entirely different thread.

There's no difference to many, myself included.

I could repeat your first line, only with -

I didn't talk to Amy or have much to do with her other than listening to her lyrics, but I still passed on my etc. Why? because she touched my heart.

And, had some one picked something out about Owen and said it on the internet it would have been fucking horrible.

But what makes it even more simple is that they were both human beings. They were both live tissue that breathed and had feelings and emotions. I don't expect any one to give a shit when I am gone. Hopefully I will serve my purpose and outlive my mother/aunts and uncles and then be gone with no fuss. I don't want any one at my funeral as there's no point. I wouldn't want people pretending to give a shit about me once I am gone, when they couldn't give a shit now. No one bothers with me, very few of my own family can be bothered to come and see me, so I wouldn't want them putting themselves out to try and change it by attending my funeral. I know now that it's probably way too late for them even to forgive the things I did in the past, let alone understand it.

However, the one thing I certainly wouldn't want is a hate crusade against me telling those that do care about me what a complete cunt I was.

There's no point really. I mean, I would be gone. So, surely if they despised me so much they could just take solace in the fact that they would never have to see me again and just keep schtoom. Not publically announce what a rotten worthless cunt I was.

What's done is done. It's another case of true colours, and there's no taking it back. Maybe I should have left it the fuck alone, given that I couldn't even remember my password here as I hadn't visited since I was told to fuck off when I lost it a bit. Some one pointed me here, I read it, felt the disgust and then, well, the rest is history.

I can truly see and understand what happened to Amy. She was a tortured soul who tried desperately to hold the pieces together and carry on. Even a few days back she was up on stage with her god daughter trying her best to make it look like she had her life under control. I know just what that feels like, sitting around a table at christmas with my entire family throwing out plastic smiles and fake laughs whilst wishing I was dead.

Malia. You seem to be incapable of understanding what I am doing here, and saying here. It's not about my problems at all, it's about your lack of understanding.

One that you have had for a long time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 17:34 

A few hours late, but I think it's time to break out:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 17:37 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

dogtoffee wrote:
You seem to be incapable of understanding what I am doing here, and saying here. It's not about my problems at all, it's about your lack of understanding.

Well, to some extent it is. Your initial post showed quite clearly that you identify heavily with Amy Winehouse, her life, and the situation she ended up in. You must be able to see that something like that makes you much more likely to empathise with her than the average man on the street would who has no experience in this area?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 17:41 
Excellent Member

Craster wrote:
dogtoffee wrote:
You seem to be incapable of understanding what I am doing here, and saying here. It's not about my problems at all, it's about your lack of understanding.

Well, to some extent it is. Your initial post showed quite clearly that you identify heavily with Amy Winehouse, her life, and the situation she ended up in. You must be able to see that something like that makes you much more likely to empathise with her than the average man on the street would who has no experience in this area?

It could be simplified to that, yes. Quickly put - had I met heroin then no doubt I would have met the same fate. Heroin was not tollerated nor accepted where I grew up. Stupidly it was considered a scummy drug, yet others were not. Madness.

And yes, whilst me being able to truly understand what happened to Amy it's not exactly rocket science if you don't understand it.

Surely every one was taught just how terribly wrong it was to disrespect some one in death many years ago?

Or do certain people not fit into that category?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 17:42 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

myoptikakaka wrote:
It seems Captain Darling has summoned General Melchett back.

If I understand your intimation correctly, and if you are correct, the ironing of hippotamuscracy would be so dense that it would engulf the planet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 17:47 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

dogtoffee wrote:
And yes, whilst me being able to truly understand what happened to Amy it's not exactly rocket science if you don't understand it.

Surely every one was taught just how terribly wrong it was to disrespect some one in death many years ago?

Not terribly, no. For a great amount of people the death of someone who's had no impact on their lives is a matter of no consequence whatsoever. Maybe the world would be a better place if that weren't the case, but it is. That doesn't make them less human that others, and it doesn't make them fucking cunts. It makes them fairly average.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 17:48 
Meh

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
myoptikakaka wrote:
It seems Captain Darling has summoned General Melchett back.

If I understand your intimation correctly, and if you are correct, the ironing of hippotamuscracy would be so dense that it would engulf the planet.

I just got that. Very subtle but wrong.

However the summoning that went on in your circle jerk yesterday was suitably impressive and as it turned out completely unnecessary.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 17:54 
Meh

Craster wrote:
dogtoffee wrote:

Not terribly, no. For a great amount of people the death of someone who's had no impact on their lives is a matter of no consequence whatsoever. Maybe the world would be a better place if that weren't the case, but it is. That doesn't make them less human that others, and it doesn't make them fucking cunts. It makes them fairly average.

No what makes them cunts is saying that the person was worthless and deserved to die. As has happened in this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 17:56 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Oh God.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 17:59 
Meh

Grim... wrote:
Oh God.

I thought you were God.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:00 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Nah.

But I'd be quite good at it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:04 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Nemmie wrote:
No what makes them cunts is saying that the person was worthless and deserved to die. As has happened in this thread.

It did? The closest I've seen is people saying they have no sympathy for her (in a blunt, and uncharitable way, I'll not deny that). I can't see a single point where someone says either of the two things you've alleged.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:05 
Meh

Grim... wrote:
Nah.

But I'd be quite good at it.

Let me give that some thought ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:05 

Craster wrote:
Nemmie wrote:

It did? The closest I've seen is people saying they have no sympathy for her (in a blunt, and uncharitable way, I'll not deny that). I can't see a single point where someone says either of the two things you've alleged.

I'm glad it's not just me that thought that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:06 
Meh

Craster wrote:
Nemmie wrote:

Not outright but that was the general gist of it, to my mind anyway. Of course you are entitled to disagree but I can only say things from my perspective.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:07 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I think it's pretty clear to make an important distinction between "I don't care about this person in any way" and "this person deserved to die". Conflating the former with the latter is doing people a major disservice.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:08 

Nemmie wrote:
Not outright but that was the general gist of it, to my mind anyway. Of course you are entitled to disagree but I can only say things from my perspective.
Is it really asking too much to suggest you say things from the perspective of what was actually written instead of what you imagined, then?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:08 
Excellent Member

Craster wrote:
dogtoffee wrote:

The only sense I can make out of the display of spite in this thread is that those who are making nasty comments have not experienced the sad death of some one they cared about personally. I am trying to work that out now. Surely when some one you care about dies you suddenly realise how important they were, and how you would react if some one was disrespectful to them?

And if they have then maybe they ought to think about it now.

What if I were to show up at a funeral or wake and walk around saying "Couldn't give a fuck, fat cunt should have laid off the donuts !".

I mean really, I truly thought that this forum contained many bright and intelligent minds. Maybe some that didn't seem to understand me, but well above the national average.

Yet it seems to me that the stealth bombers that flew over earlier really did fly over many heads.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:09 

Nemmie wrote:
Craster wrote:
Nemmie wrote:

So, just to clarify, most of the animosity in this thread has been as a response to something that wasn't even said?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:10 
Excellent Member

Grim... wrote:
Oh God.

Are you really this ignorant in real life or is that just your internet persona?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:11 
baron of techno

Nemmie wrote:
Craster wrote:
Nemmie wrote:

My perspective is that *you* have been accusing various people of some pretty nasty things, all the while claiming the higher moral ground on the basis of your apparent empathy with the subject. Frankly there is a disconnect here and I don't think I'm the only one to see it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:12 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

I'm now not entirely sure whether, less than 10 hours after the birth of my first child, my time is reasonably spent googling for an incidence of death by pasta, to support a pretty shit joke by myp.

On the flipside, gaywood pulled a pretty good pun out of it.

Let me ponder this some more, whilst taking the opportunity to call everyone a cunt.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:12 
Meh

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Nemmie wrote:
Is it really asking too much to suggest you say things from the perspective of what was actually written instead of what you imagined, then?

I didn't imagine anything if you want me to quote particular phrases and how they could easily be construed to say exactly what I said then I will do so but I don't think it will be constructive particularly as one of the people has withdrawn from his original position.

You really are desperate to leap on the tiniest perceived mistake aren't you. I am finding it highly amusing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:13 
Meh

kalmar wrote:
Nemmie wrote:
Craster wrote:
Nemmie wrote:

My perspective is that *you* have been accusing various people of some pretty nasty things, all the while claiming the higher moral ground on the basis of your apparent empathy with the subject. Frankly there is a disconnect here and I don't think I'm the only one to see it.

Well at least I didn't go through three years of posts trying to find ammunition to discredit you.

That would be very sad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:13 
and!

Problem is, the nasty comments are coming from the other direction.

Comedy podcast, films and that - http://www.wenton.co.uk - Now with Hammer horror special

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:14 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

dogtoffee wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Oh God.

Are you really this ignorant in real life or is that just your internet persona?

No, my Internet persona's hook is that I don't know what "ignorant" means.

Oh, hi5!

Hello Hello Hello

Decca wrote:
As I typed it I was trying to think of the right word for it, bad reaction, tainted pill - are they the same as a OD? When you get bad smack they still call it a OD.

People are saying that during her last weeks she was heavily into E and that's what she was on when she did her last "perfomance" , she may have been on any number of things but given the state of her I would not be suprised if it was E - somone in her state isn't exactly going to be thinking "oh I must put down this gin and drink the right amount of water" . E is a "safe" drug to a degree if you use it right but munching down on them constantly will freaking kill ya quicker than smack.*

*Or leave you in a wheelchair, E likes to om nom nom on your fluids. If you don't drink enough water it will happily chow down on your spinal fluids and take your brain fluids as pudding. Drinking Alcahol makes it worse and drinking too much water on it will screw up your liver and kidneys.

You can't overdose on ecstasy, its mechanic of operation on the body and brain just don't work like that.

Moreover, the more you take, the less effect it actually has.

I'm not saying it's a harmless drug, but the idea that you reach a point where it flat out kills you (as paracetamol would for example) is just plain wrong, particularly in long-term users.

Filthy Junkie Bitch

Reaching for a penne... Fucking classic.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:15 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Nemmie wrote:
You really are desperate to leap on the tiniest perceived mistake aren't you. I am finding it highly amusing.

Not really. I constructed a reasonable discussion around why people's reactions were different. You responded to say "But that doesn't excuse reaction X or Y". But neither of X or Y were true.

That's not a tiny perceived mistake, that's you (for whatever reason), putting an interpretation on people's stated positions that doesn't actually exist.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:16 
Meh

Also is it correct behaviour for a Mod to bring Twitter related matters involving a person who isn't a member on to the forum.

But as you have you will note I apologised to that person as I am capable of admitting when I am wrong unlike the majority of the members of this forum who are clearly always right.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:16 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Plenty of stuff there that can kill you. I'm no pharmacodynamicist

"Some of my best friends are pharmacodynamos"?

MaliA wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Malabelm wrote:
Nemmie wrote:
A lot of you are pointlessly vindictive and have no real awareness of being so. I think that sums it up in one line.
What the fuck has that got to do about planes?
Truly, we are what is known as a wanker.

Someone said to me once that the colelctive noun is 'bolus'. It might have been Stephen Fry, adn on the radio.

Probably HIGNFY - there's a bit where someone was quoted as saying something like "she was beset by a bolus of wankers", to which Deayton adds "still, it's nice to know what the collective noun is", and one of the guests says "I always thought it was a 'cabinet'".

My memory is a weird thing.

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
Nemmie wrote:
Could someone read that wall of text and give me a short summary? Thanks.

It has paragraphs, try one at a time.

Classic troll response! Well done.

Oh come on, that's not at all fair. It was a long post, yes, but perfectly readable and was clearly NOT a wall of text.

MaliA wrote:
Aye I'm sure it will be, this heart has run two marathons y'know.

It would have been helpful if the first hint of there possibly being something wrong wasn't the letter saying 'You're on the waiting list'. Turns out my GP had referred me and not told me.

As unlikely as it is, if I do pop off in teh meantime from Sudden Death Syndrome, I give you all permission not to give a shit and remark that actually, I'm a cunt who brought it on himself. :D

Would I get my tenner back?

Sorry gnomes, but... :DD

Oh, and I've not seen anyone say she was worthless or deserved to die, even in jest. That's not a minor mistake - that's a pretty massive one. It's the difference between stepping on someone's toe and kicking them in the stomach.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:17 
Meh

Craster wrote:
Nemmie wrote:

Not really. I constructed a reasonable discussion around why people's reactions were different. You responded to say "But that doesn't excuse reaction X or Y". But neither of X or Y were true.

That's not a tiny perceived mistake, that's you (for whatever reason), putting an interpretation on people's stated positions that doesn't actually exist.

Are you replying for each other now. Impressive.

Ok so you stop jumping all over me in glee I will withdraw that one post as I can see your point (s). I stand by every other post I have made.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:17 

Nemmie wrote:
Also is it correct behaviour for a Mod to bring Twitter related matters involving a person who isn't a member on to the forum.

But as you have you will note I apologised to that person as I am capable of admitting when I am wrong unlike the majority of the members of this forum who are clearly always right.

Myp isn't a mod, so that would be something else you've made up.
You're doing quite well now, carry on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:19 
Meh

Joans wrote:
Nemmie wrote:

Kalmar not Myp. Myp hasn't done anything of the sort.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:20 

Nemmie wrote:
Joans wrote:
Nemmie wrote:

Kalmar not Myp

Then I apologise, I only saw the parts of the conversation involving Myp.

Actually, I just misread your post altogether. There goes my moral high-ground. :facepalm:

Extra edit - Oh, you were referring to that post up there. That seems to be a bit of a leap between what was said and what you think it said. Again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:21 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Nemmie wrote:

But the point here is, you've read into what people have said something that is truly nasty. And I wouldn't blame you for reacting the way you have if that's what they'd said. But they didn't say it.

Nemmie wrote:

Don't be childish. I'm involved in a conversation with you and with other people. I'll respond to something that I feel deserves a response.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:21 
Meh

Joans wrote:
Nemmie wrote:
Joans wrote:
Nemmie wrote:

Kalmar not Myp

Then I apologise, I only saw the parts of the conversation involving Myp.

I am sure you can appreciate it is hard to deal with five people at once.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:23 

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
It wasn't the machine that killed him either, it was the 150 foot plunge that did him in. It really was a farfalle.

sinister agent wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Actually, yes, because SistaCrumpet is a pharmacist :)
Nemmie wrote:
When all you see are headlights, it might mean you're driving on the wrong side of the road.

Meh

Craster wrote:
Nemmie wrote:

But the point here is, you've read into what people have said something that is truly nasty. And I wouldn't blame you for reacting the way you have if that's what they'd said. But they didn't say it.

Nemmie wrote:

Don't be childish. I'm involved in a conversation with you and with other people. I'll respond to something that I feel deserves a response.

I already withdrew that comment, so stop jumping please.

As for being childish that comment was aimed specifically at Doc G not you as I don't think you are like that at all.

I hope that clarifies things.

Meh

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
It wasn't the machine that killed him either, it was the 150 foot plunge that did him in. It really was a farfalle.

sinister agent wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Actually, yes, because SistaCrumpet is a pharmacist :)
Nemmie wrote:
When all you see are headlights, it might mean you're driving on the wrong side of the road.

No it means there is a circle jerk ahead.

SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Nemmie wrote:

Gnnnh! Must....resist....

Phew. That wasn't easy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:27 
baron of techno

Nemmie wrote:

I'm talking about this thread alone - your projection of "worthless and deserved to die" sentiments onto others who *did not say it*. You keep bringing up something on Twitter. You will notice that I have not mentioned that here at all, precisely because, as you say, you did apologise after a very graceful extension of forgiveness was granted to you.

(edited for actual quote)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:28 
Chinny chin chin

Grim... wrote:
Oh God.

Oh fucking hell, don't say that. Given the way this thread is heading he's due for an appearance soon. :attitude:

If I catch any of you chanting "Vimto" backwards........

Excellent Member

DavPaz wrote:
chinnyhill10 wrote:
Hmm, for once that could be anyone apart from Davpaz since the post occurred almost simultaneously with his own.

Except he has special mod powers and access to lots of computers...............

Is it or isn't it? Is it or isn't it? Hmmmmmm?

No, it was JC. If anyone hadn't worked that out.

BTW, dogtoffee, admitting to criminal acts on a public forum is not a particularly good idea.

I missed this.

Maybe it isn't/wasn't? The fact is it doesn't matter because I don't care. Not that I don't care about those who were affected by my fucked up actions, but that I don't care about myself enough to give a shit, if that makes sense.

When some one such as myself (and many others in this world) does what I do then instead of thinking "What a fucking idiot !" they should maybe think "shit, this cunt is fucked up". I'm fucked up enough to have never really cared about myself. I still don't now. I just try and keep myself busy and get each day done.

The things I have said and done in life are not done by 'normal' people. Maybe if it was easier to understand that then people would be able to understand a bit better? Kinda like, instead of going on about what a heroin riddled mess Amy Winehouse was actually think about it with some real thought.

How can some one make a fool of themselves like that? how could they walk out on stage fucked on drugs swaying around and falling over? how could they let themselves get into a state of anorexia and go out in public? why are they smoking when they have emphasyma (sic). And so on and so on.

I wish I could be like 'normal' people. I wish I had a shock value on myself to stop myself being a cunt. I wish that every one could like me and think I were great. I wish I were perfect.

I'm not. No one is. Nor would I want to be. In a sick twisted sort of way I am happy that I'm the way I am, because I suppose yeah, I don't really care much about myself. But in the same token I don't really care much about myself, not obsessing over myself to be perfect.

Honestly I really truly pray that those who can't seem to get it are not thrown into a situation where they are forced to. I can not even begin to imagine how hard I have made the lives of those who do actually care about me. I can not even begin to comprehend why they care about me so much.

Fucking stupid part of course is that I generally tend to care about people that treat me like shit.

SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Nemmie wrote:
I already withdrew that comment, so stop jumping please.

Then I withdraw the response.

Quote:
As for being childish that comment was aimed specifically at Doc G not you as I don't think you are like that at all.

I hope that clarifies things.

OK. It was a response to me, hence my surprise.

Last point, because I really want to leave work.

I think that you are upset and angry about things that people have said. I understand from what you've said elsewhere in the thread that you'd have reasons for that. I think you've chosen to interpret things that people have said in a much worse way than they were intended (even though they were clearly not intended in what would be considered a 'nice' way).

As a result, I think there's been an amount of over-reaction on all sides and people might be well-off to realise that while their positions are pretty opposite on this, they aren't quite so far apart as to need open hostility.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:29 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Now let's kiss.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:30 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I've just come to this thread ready for a fight, and now I find I've got to kiss Craster?

I really should pick my time to post better. :facepalm:

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
:kiss:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:32 
Meh

kalmar wrote:
Nemmie wrote:

I'm talking about this thread alone - your projection of "scum" and "glad she's dead" sentiments onto others who *did not say it*. You keep bringing up something on Twitter. You will notice that I have not mentioned that here at all, precisely because, as you say, you did apologise after a very graceful extension of forgiveness was granted to you.

How many times do I have to say I have withdrawn that post before you all stop jumping. It was wrong of me to post that ONE post.

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH?

Reply to topic  [ 613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next