Are we quizzing on the Saturday night?
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

If not there will be riots
Lonewolves wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

If not there will be riots

Crooked Curio's Crocked Cwiz, more like.
This is pretty soon.
Best get your quiz on, quizmaster
I had big ideas to do something on the Friday night to entertain you all... but clearly it's too late for that.

I'll just stick with playing games with Davpaz.
TheVision wrote:
I had big ideas to do something on the Friday night to entertain you all... but clearly it's too late for that.

Lion taming?
TheVision wrote:

Yeah!
TheVision wrote:

Pie reenactment?
Curiosity wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Pie reenactment?

If you're happy to pay my fees, then certainly!
DavPaz wrote:
American Pie?

We'll tell your mother the pie man kept the penny and the pie.
Giphy "soon":
https://media3.giphy.com/media/hoW29qZ2FcaQg/giphy-loop.mp4
8 days? Drove passed it today..
Giphy "countdown begun":
https://media3.giphy.com/media/oYDWEZpvbamL6/giphy-loop.mp4
I want to think that band is Europe.
Did anyone start a board game spreadsheet? I would very much like it if someone did that.
Curiosity wrote:
Did anyone start a board game spreadsheet? I would very much like it if someone did that.

#gid=0">https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Ta.

Will update at the weekend.

Other people! Add stuff!
Never seen the film.

Don't mind merlot. Tend to go for Malbec at the moment though.
I can't drink wine. I am an uncultured, lager-swigging yobbo.

And wine makes me squiffy.
I can drink it but when someone is jizzing themselves over how great some particular wine is I honestly have no fucking clue what they're on about. I mean, I've had wine that tasted absolutely horrible but anything beyond that is all much of a muchness to me. I sometimes wonder if the wine expertise thing is mostly just a load of people trying to cover up that they're borderline or full-on alkies.
I'm amazed when people gush over wine. I can barely tell the difference between red and white in a blind taste test. I've long suspected that I don't taste as well as others, as the foods I like tend to have strong flavours and anything subtle is lost on me. A childhood of Mini Kievs and Crispy Pancakes will do that to you, I suppose.
DavPaz wrote:
I'm amazed when people gush over wine. I can barely tell the difference between red and white in a blind taste test. I've long suspected that I don't taste as well as others, as the foods I like tend to have strong flavours and anything subtle is lost on me. A childhood of Mini Kievs and Crispy Pancakes will do that to you, I suppose.

I'm quite similar. I'm very unfussy with food or drink and couldn't tell a taste difference between something cheap and something expensive. Makes it easier for me when buying wine though - I just stick to around £4 a bottle and I'm happy. :)
I can't drink wine, i think i am uncultured..
I can't drink wine, i think i am uncultured..
devilman wrote:
I just stick to around £4 a bottle and I'm happy.

The trick with wine is to look for bottles that have been reduced to the magical £4-£6 mark from the heady heights of £9-£12. Also look for gold or silver bits on the labels.
Zardoz knows his wine
And NEVER fill yourself up with wine if there's Port available.
Zardoz wrote:
And NEVER fill yourself up with wine if there's Port available.

I don't think I've ever drank Port, except as part of a Cheeky Vimto. I'm classy, me.
Now, Port is a proper sophisticated drink.
Not the one I'm taking. It's pink.
You can still Lord it over the other plonkers there.
*cracks open a Carling*
You don't even go for a decent imaginary lager?!
i do like port... from my rugby days
Zardoz wrote:
You don't even go for a decent imaginary lager?!

I was playing up to the stereotype. I will not be bring lager to the cottage.

Skol. Obv.
*Places down imaginary glass of Taylor Fladgate Scion Vintage*

Understood.
I like wine. It doesn't like me.
Have you tried talking to it?
I've cried into it, if that counts?
Forget wine then, Port is your friend.
Zardoz wrote:
devilman wrote:
I just stick to around £4 a bottle and I'm happy.

The trick with wine is to look for bottles that have been reduced to the magical £4-£6 mark from the heady heights of £9-£12. Also look for gold or silver bits on the labels.

Except if you do this in the supermarkets it's usually a con. You're best off signing up to someone like Naked Angels where they actually invest in independent wine makers.
Unless you like your money.

Or wine.
Ice is back. Official.
Cras wrote:
Ice is back. Official.

ICE denied harder than in a Mexican fruit picking community.
Page 8 of 18 [ 857 posts ]