Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3057 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 18:15 
Gogmagog

Warhead wrote:
At least it was impossible to put more than one disk in the drive at a time. A couple of people I used to work with managed to get more than on 5.25" floppies jammed in a drive slot.

My wife regularly gets two CDs into the player in the van. always ones I like, mysteriously

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:55 
Decapodian

Although I've sold my Vespa, I'm still a member of a local scooter rider's Facebook group.
They do a weekly ride out on Wednesday evenings and a few people said they won't be going as they want to watch the England football match.
One of them replied. claiming that it wasn't being shown on TV in case the England flags are offensive to people :(

I suspect he may have voted Reform last week.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:55 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Although I've sold my Vespa, I'm still a member of a local scooter rider's Facebook group.
They do a weekly ride out on Wednesday evenings and a few people said they won't be going as they want to watch the England football match.
One of them replied. claiming that it wasn't being shown on TV in case the England flags are offensive to people :(

It's worrying, isn't it.

The election brings this stuff out in high volume. My local Nextdoor groups are full of this kind of thing, along with the ant-cycling brigade who are going into meltdown about the cycle lanes that have been created through Chorlton, blaming them for local businesses closing down due to reduction of on-street parking. In fact, local businesses have gradually been closing for a long time before the cycle lanes were installed, due to increased rents and business rates and the cost-of-living probems. And if it's not the cyclists fault, it's all the BBC staff who've moved to Manchester to work in media city, 'pushing up house prices' or the 'rice cake eating hippies' who've 'taken over' Chorlton.

To be fair, the cycle lanes and the Cyclops junctions that have been created have change the motor vehicle traffic flows. And there has been a gradual change from traditional independent shops to more main brand coffee shops, charity shops and fast food outlets, etc. but that's not exclusive to Chorlton.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 13:13 
Decapodian

Warhead wrote:
the ant-cycling brigade who are going into meltdown about the cycle lanes that have been created

Surely they'll be tiny?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 14:12 
Master of dodgy spelling....

The anti-cycling movement, seems to be getting worse. It does not help with the cyclists that go though red lights etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 15:34 

Dr Zoidberg wrote:

Someone posted in seriousness claiming carve England Match wouldn’t be shown on TV? Why do people say such easily disprovable things?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 16:22 
Decapodian

KovacsC wrote:
The anti-cycling movement, seems to be getting worse. It does not help with the cyclists that go though red lights etc.

Yep, though they are still in the small minority of cyclists, it's somehow resulted in this becoming another front in the culture wars.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... get-around

Mimi wrote:

Someone posted in seriousness claiming the England Match wouldn’t be shown on TV? Why do people say such easily disprovable things?

Yep, he did.

Shawn Smith wrote:
The England game isn't being shown on English TV's just incase it offends, like our flag, :) :), BELIEVE, IT WONT BE LONG.

I just replied with a screenshot of the TV guide, but the brain worms have clearly set in.

Reply to topic  [ 3057 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62