Bits and Bobs 51
Where IS area 51?
Warhead wrote:
At least it was impossible to put more than one disk in the drive at a time. A couple of people I used to work with managed to get more than on 5.25" floppies jammed in a drive slot.

My wife regularly gets two CDs into the player in the van. always ones I like, mysteriously
Although I've sold my Vespa, I'm still a member of a local scooter rider's Facebook group.
They do a weekly ride out on Wednesday evenings and a few people said they won't be going as they want to watch the England football match.
One of them replied. claiming that it wasn't being shown on TV in case the England flags are offensive to people :(

I suspect he may have voted Reform last week.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Although I've sold my Vespa, I'm still a member of a local scooter rider's Facebook group.
They do a weekly ride out on Wednesday evenings and a few people said they won't be going as they want to watch the England football match.
One of them replied. claiming that it wasn't being shown on TV in case the England flags are offensive to people :(

It's worrying, isn't it.

The election brings this stuff out in high volume. My local Nextdoor groups are full of this kind of thing, along with the ant-cycling brigade who are going into meltdown about the cycle lanes that have been created through Chorlton, blaming them for local businesses closing down due to reduction of on-street parking. In fact, local businesses have gradually been closing for a long time before the cycle lanes were installed, due to increased rents and business rates and the cost-of-living probems. And if it's not the cyclists fault, it's all the BBC staff who've moved to Manchester to work in media city, 'pushing up house prices' or the 'rice cake eating hippies' who've 'taken over' Chorlton.

To be fair, the cycle lanes and the Cyclops junctions that have been created have change the motor vehicle traffic flows. And there has been a gradual change from traditional independent shops to more main brand coffee shops, charity shops and fast food outlets, etc. but that's not exclusive to Chorlton.
Warhead wrote:
the ant-cycling brigade who are going into meltdown about the cycle lanes that have been created

Surely they'll be tiny?
The anti-cycling movement, seems to be getting worse. It does not help with the cyclists that go though red lights etc.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:

Someone posted in seriousness claiming carve England Match wouldn’t be shown on TV? Why do people say such easily disprovable things?
KovacsC wrote:
The anti-cycling movement, seems to be getting worse. It does not help with the cyclists that go though red lights etc.

Yep, though they are still in the small minority of cyclists, it's somehow resulted in this becoming another front in the culture wars.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... get-around

Mimi wrote:

Someone posted in seriousness claiming the England Match wouldn’t be shown on TV? Why do people say such easily disprovable things?

Yep, he did.

Shawn Smith wrote:
The England game isn't being shown on English TV's just incase it offends, like our flag, :) :), BELIEVE, IT WONT BE LONG.

I just replied with a screenshot of the TV guide, but the brain worms have clearly set in.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Yep, though they are still in the small minority of cyclists, it's somehow resulted in this becoming another front in the culture wars.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... get-around

Mimi wrote:

Someone posted in seriousness claiming the England Match wouldn’t be shown on TV? Why do people say such easily disprovable things?

Yep, he did.

Shawn Smith wrote:
The England game isn't being shown on English TV's just incase it offends, like our flag, :) :), BELIEVE, IT WONT BE LONG.

I just replied with a screenshot of the TV guide, but the brain worms have clearly set in.

I think he needs to be red tested for his license. Are the easily befuddled safe on the roads?
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Warhead wrote:
the ant-cycling brigade who are going into meltdown about the cycle lanes that have been created

Surely they'll be tiny?

:DD

Yes, but there are millions of them.
NEW MONSTER MUNCH FLAVOUR!!!
I’m not sure I like the look of that!
I doubt they’ll beat the current line up but I have to try them.
Genuinely excited!
Good spot. Chickpea snacks and lentil snacks are my favourite. I wonder if the other flavours have moved to chickpea/a combo as well now? I can’t eat the pickled onion ones but like the others.
I noticed their spicy ones are now called Sweet and Spicy too.
Well, they’re shit.
Zardoz wrote:
Well, they’re shit.

Send the rest over, we'll taste test them for you to prove you are wrong
No. I’m just going to finish them angrily.
That'll show em!
Page 62 of 62 [ 3071 posts ]