Bits and Bobs 51
Where IS area 51?
It's the last day of May (how etc?) and I think I've worn jeans and socks more than shorts/bare foot (I've even worn jeans out!) this month.

I usually transition to shorts in late March early April, I also still have the thick duvet on. I hope the onset of June signifies that I can put the Jeans away until October!
I'd have thought that the BBC would know that the Commodore PET wasn't available until 1977. IIRC, this was the first personal computer I ever used.

Attachment:
The secret D-Day scientists and engineers.jpg
An interesting read :

https://every.to/the-crazy-ones/the-mis ... the-ibm-pc

Quote:
The Misfit Who Built the IBM PC

Don Estridge broke all of Big Blue's rules to create the home
computer. The company would never forgive him for it.
MaliA wrote:

The article wrote:
Last month it was announced that a newly discovered skeleton of the iconic dinosaur Stegosaurus would be up for auction, with an expected sale price of about $6m (£4.7m).

This just makes the auction scene from Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom even stupider. If a skeleton is worth $6m, surely a living dinosaur is worth a lot more than $10m!
If I were a multimillionaire I’d definitely be buying a stegosaurus for £9m

I’d give it to the NHM, but it’d 100% be the kind of nonsense of be spending my riches on.
GazChap wrote:
MaliA wrote:

The article wrote:
Last month it was announced that a newly discovered skeleton of the iconic dinosaur Stegosaurus would be up for auction, with an expected sale price of about $6m (£4.7m).

This just makes the auction scene from Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom even stupider. If a skeleton is worth $6m, surely a living dinosaur is worth a lot more than $10m!

$22,000,000 according to an inflation calculator
MaliA wrote:
GazChap wrote:
MaliA wrote:

The article wrote:

Supply and demand kicks in to lower prices, when your dinosaurs are self replicating and more plentiful.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
MaliA wrote:
GazChap wrote:
MaliA wrote:

The article wrote:

Supply and demand kicks in to lower prices, when your dinosaurs are self replicating and more plentiful.

Yeah, but you'd very selectively breed them and kill the crap ones and feed them to their siblings.
Probably worth more if you put them in a big crusher and turned them into oil.
I reckon if you bought a load of dinosaurs and then set up a rival theme park where the dinosaurs didn't keep on escaping and eating people you could make a few quid.
Squirt wrote:
I reckon if you bought a load of dinosaurs and then set up a rival theme park where the dinosaurs didn't keep on escaping and eating people you could make a few quid.

They would... uh... find a way
Weirdly, while I was away one of the fields in my BeeX profile said "I buy and sell Crypto" so I think maybe I was minorly hacked.

Although it was sort of true in that I bought a bit a few years ago, it plummeted, then a couple of years later it came back and I got rid for a minor profit (but mainly just so that I could get rid of that bullshit).
I like the way that google maps was you of toll roads and a change of time zone, but not the Russian army
Page 61 of 61 [ 3014 posts ]