Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 560 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 8: Modern Warfare 3 **OFFICIAL TOPIC**
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 20:31 
I forgot about this - how vain

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Fucks sake.

?

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 20:36 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

No post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 20:39 
Rude Belittler

I really can't be arsed with this. I had no temptation to buy it at lunchtime. It's like they keep serving you plates of mashed potato, and you really like mashed potato, and each time its slightly different, one time its with onion gravy, another its cheesy mash, another with baked beans, but its the fifth plate of mash. You're getting bored of mash, and have the suspicion that the original, simple mash is still the best. You hear from the next table that their mash still has the lumps in that all the plates of mash have had, in different places, sure, but still there. It makes you want to order the pasta.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 20:50 
Sleepyhead

Mmmm, mash.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 21:02 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
No post

We're all playing Skyrim now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 21:21 

Zardoz wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
- but actually reading all the reviews for Skyrim yesterday i really didnt care about the scores but more about what the reviewers were actually saying

That the combat isn't as good as Dark Souls?

:DD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 21:23 

Curiosity wrote:
Mmmm, mash.

I really fancy some of my patented mustard mash right now.<snip>

Last edited by Cras on Fri Nov 11, 2011 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
Removed random email address

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 21:30 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

WTB wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Mmmm, mash.

I really fancy some of my patented mustard mash right <removed because its probably someones email address that you've just accidently pasted into a post :-)>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 22:05 

Wow, cheers! I must've been half asleep! Even more amazing is the fact that that email address has been on my iPhone's clipboard for a whole week!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 22:43 
Ready for action

I don't normally bother with k/d ratio because I'm too gung Ho in objective based games and I suck at hardcore team deathmatch but I played it tonight and got 18 kills and two deaths! Yay :)also, is it just me or does the overwatch just hover over your head?!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 23:06 

Gill, I would join your game but Xbox Live keeps crapping out for me so I'm playing the campaign instead!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 23:13 
Ready for action

WTB wrote:
Gill, I would join your game but Xbox Live keeps crapping out for me so I'm playing the campaign instead!

No problem, my internet is being a bit flaky as well. We've got seven now, we might need to Mimi into a private match once we get a couple more :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 23:23 
Ready for action

Gilly wrote:
WTB wrote:

No problem, my internet is being a bit flaky as well. We've got seven now, we might need to Mimi into a private match once we get a couple more :)

Lol I have no idea why I'm talking about Mimi! I think I meant to write jump :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 23:29 
Paws for thought

my phone appears to have disappeared...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 0:06 

:D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 0:14 
Excellent Member

Its all a bit odd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 0:16 

So... Anyone else getting disconnected from Live periodically?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 0:21 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

WTB wrote:
So... Anyone else getting disconnected from Live periodically?

Theres a magazine now?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:04 

Well I'm halfway through the campaign on Veteran. 4 hours so far. It's definitely the easiest Veteran campaign in CoD history. So far...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:19 
8-Bit Champion

Elites still not working but they do have a note on here which might be of interest to Cookie

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/status

Quote:
ELITE SERVICE NOTICE
Latest update: November 11th, 10:05PM PST

As we continue to keep everyone updated on the steps we’re taking here to get more of you into Call of Duty Elite, we are aware that some users have been denied entry into the service once they have input their age. We recognize that in regions around the world player age requirements vary. We are happy to say that we have identified some solutions to this issue. Our team is working on the technical changes required, and we expect to announce the details soon on this change. Meanwhile, if you purchased MW3 and were not able to register for Call of Duty ELITE, we wanted to make you aware of this pending change, and we thank you for your patience.

We remain committed to taking all of the necessary steps to increase our capacity for all our users. The Call of Duty Elite team will keep you updated at callofduty.com/elitestatus. Continue to check back here for overall Elite status or for a complete list of FAQs, check out our customer service site. We will also give you updates regularly through the official Twitter account, @CallofDutyElite.

We’re working around the clock 24/7 to resolve things, so thanks again for your patience.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 14:25 
8-Bit Champion

If anyone is still looking for this remember the Tesco offer is still valid and they are getting more stock in

(£25 for the game £16.99 for 2100 points if bought together)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 14:50 

There are SO MANY copies of this swimming about in Hull that I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the one which actually has a price drop in line with the mean in a couple of months. Still, I've a rack of unplayed single player shooters already and BF3/Reach&CE/War for Cybertron to sort me out for multiplayer. Nonetheless, I might go for it at 20 quid as it seems to be better than the last one which I paid £22 for on launch day and didn't consider worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 14:57 
8-Bit Champion

GovernmentYard wrote:
There are SO MANY copies of this swimming about in Hull that I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the one which actually has a price drop in line with the mean in a couple of months. Still, I've a rack of unplayed single player shooters already and BF3/Reach&CE/War for Cybertron to sort me out for multiplayer. Nonetheless, I might go for it at 20 quid as it seems to be better than the last one which I paid £22 for on launch day and didn't consider worth it.

I wonder what they thought they could shift on day one since the web is still full of posts about the biggest launch ever

http://kotaku.com/5857400/call-of-duty- ... ll-of-duty

Quote:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Shatters All Sales Records, Nears Half a Billion Dollars in Day One Sales

More than 6.5 million people bought copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in North America and the United Kingdom in the first 24 hours of its release pulling in more than $400 million, Activision said today.

That makes it one of the largest entertainment launch in history, with sales of more than $400 million. That's an impressively big number, one that approaches the biggest opening weekend for a movie of all time. That record is held by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Its reported $483 million take includes the entire world and two days, not just one, so there's a very good chance that Modern Warfare 3's worldwide end up breaking that record too.

Modern Warfare 3's impressive sales topples last year's record-breaking release of Call of Duty: Black Ops, which managed to sell 5.6 million copies the day it went on sale. That means Black Ops sold $360 million worth of copies in its first 24 hours of release in North America and the U.K. That compared to the $310 million that Modern Warfare 2 pulled in two years ago by selling 4.7 million copies.

"We believe the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the biggest entertainment launch of all time in any medium, and we achieved this record with sales from only two territories," said Bobby Kotick, CEO, Activision Blizzard, Inc. "Other than Call of Duty, there has never been another entertainment franchise that has set opening day records three years in a row. Life-to-date sales for the Call of Duty franchise exceed worldwide theatrical box office for "Star Wars" and "Lord of the Rings," two of the most successful entertainment franchises of all time."

Eric Hirshberg, CEO, Activision Publishing added, "Call of Duty is more than a game. It's become a major part of the pop cultural landscape. It is a game that core enthusiasts love, but that also consistently draws new people into the medium. It is the most intense, adrenaline pumping entertainment experience anywhere. I would like to thank our incredible teams at Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games for making a brilliant game. But most of all, I would like to thank our millions of passionate fans worldwide. We made this game for you."

Activision also announced today that they donated $3 million to their Call of Duty Endowment, a non-profit, public benefit corporation that seeks to provide job placement and training for veterans. This latest donation will be added to the $2 million that Activision has already donated to the Endowment, which has provided more than $1.5 million in grants and scholarships to veterans' organizations across the country since it was conceived by Bobby Kotick in November of 2009.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 15:00 

zaphod79 wrote:
Eric Hirshberg, CEO, Activision Publishing added, "Call of Duty is more than a game. It's become a major part of the pop cultural landscape. It is a game that core enthusiasts love, but that also consistently draws new people into the medium. It is the most intense, adrenaline pumping entertainment experience anywhere. I would like to thank our incredible teams at Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games for making a brilliant game. But most of all, I would like to thank our millions of passionate fans worldwide. We made this game for you."

That's fucking hilarious.

Call of Duty - a game lots of people really like, and which lots of other people play a lot of because their mates are on it. The Facebook of gaming, then.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 15:55 
Excellent Member

Its starting to click with me now and I'm getting my MW love back.

I did enjoy the changes of Blops and this seems to of listened. Glad the Predator is back , I do miss the Harriers but they were overpowered and made the standard air strike redundant.

Gun camos are a bit easy to unlock- I like to feel I have earned them.

anyone used the MP9 machine pistol yet? 8) its a bloody lawnmower.

Over watch is not as good as it promised to be

ACR seems way more powerful than the other assault rifles :?

claymores, dead silence, and the AK47 seem a bit late on the progression ladder for my taste. not sure I can be bothered to prestige this time around. Hell I've unlocked to extra class slots anyway from the Pro shop.

finding Maps are ok, getting used to the elevations and some are excellent , but still too many small arenas.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 16:32 
Excellent Member

Got this game yesterday and had a few good games with some bessies last night. A couple of things that annoyed me was, the m16 is still pants and more annoyingly was the lag. I had more lag in the 5 ish hours I played last night than in all my blops games put together.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:13 

Veteran finished. Piece of piss compared to previous ones. Still a cheating cunt with infinite enemies mind. Also, Idris Elba and Bill Murray were apparently in it according to the credits.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:16 

Oh, and it took me 7 and a half hours. Beat that you pussies.

Also also, I'm recruiting a hardened spec ops partner for cheevo hunting. Anyone want to be my wingman/woman?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:52 
Ready for action

If I'm online and not doing anything I'd be happy to do some spec ops.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:53 
Sleepyhead

Played some Spec Ops yesterday with Bobby.

The levels we played we all good fun, and promise to be a challenge on Veteran. The one where you collect nerve gas samples as a pair of Juggernauts is awesomesauce (and even fun to do twice if, like Bobby, instead of getting on the chopper at the end, you call in an airstrike on its head).

We also played Horde] Survival Mode, which was really good fun. You get waves of bad guys, but earn monies for killing them and for a few other things. You can then spend the monies on laptops around the map to get new weapons, more ammo, grenades, claymores, and even perks and killstreaks! It operates on a levelling system, so you can't use everything first time around. I really enjoyed our one go, though you have to have a bit of time to spare (Our first go took 33 mins and 24 waves, before I got caught trying to run back from the airstrike laptop).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:19 
Decapodian

Now that I've got a couple of better assault rifles and SMGs I'm doing better - I'm up to 1.1 kdr from 0.9 and I'm in the top half of the scores most games. Still enjoying the spec ops a lot too, though this morning I kept getting teamed up with incompetents.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 17:32 

Wait... It has matchmaking? And Gilly, cheers! Will drop you an invite at some point! I have mock exams this week though. :'(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 21:15 
Excellent Member

Also, it's not really my thing, but the London map on Spec Ops survival just had me complaining that the fonts weren't right, that the ticketing machines were obviously assets from the NY subways with pound signs hastily superimposed, and you don't get adverts on billboards talking about 'a new season' of a TV show. Bah. Americans. Though it probably didn't help that I'm rubbish at it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 21:18 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

There's no dogshit on the pavement on the Paris map either.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:09 
8-Bit Champion

Peter St. John wrote:
Also, it's not really my thing, but the London map on Spec Ops survival just had me complaining that the fonts weren't right

The actual underground map is made up as well (looks reasonable from a distance but not if you go closer) i assume TFL didnt give them the rights (or they never bothered to ask)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:00 
8-Bit Champion

Charlie Brookers review

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... -warfare-3

Quote:
Many of the missions require you to adopt the guise of Yuri, an impressionable young Russian lad hanging around with a pair of impossibly butch men, one of whom, Captain Price, is the aforementioned guy with a moustache – not just any moustache, mind, but a full-blown leatherman's handlebar number. I think Captain Price's "look" was designed by Tom of Finland. Your other companion is a Scottish lad called Soap. I'm not sure why he's called Soap, although I think it's because Captain Price once picked him up in a bathhouse.

Price is definitely the "top" in the relationship, and before long both you and Soap appear to be vying for his affections. Often when you look at Price, the word "Follow" literally appears over his head – a sincere instruction presumably beamed directly from your heart – as you walk behind him, tracing his footsteps while gazing forlornly at his back like a pining lover. When Price commands you to "get down", you literally crawl behind him on your hands and knees. Sometimes you'll be crawling so close, your viewpoint goes right up between Price's legs until his crawling, pumping backside takes up the entire screen, which is precisely the sort of cinematography that failed to occur in Delta Force starring Chuck Norris.

Perhaps that's why Modern Warfare 3 will make more money than Delta Force did. Because presumably they've done market research and discovered that that's what their consumers want. I just wish they'd be honest about it and let the lead characters kiss. And press X to use tongues.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:27 
8-Bit Champion

Seeing a number of posts about people hacking the game already - mainly the same as MW2 to give them 'odd' clan tags with the large letters for the buttons on there but if they are hacking that who knows what else they are doing

Also http://mp1st.com/2011/11/10/cod-4-and-m ... warfare-3/ says that there are a number of MW1 and 2 map packs 'already on the disk' for MW3 so i'd say they will arrive at some point as part of the DLC

Quote:
Interestingly, the map file contains four maps from CoD 4 and only one from MW2. Call of Duty 4 maps are Crash, Crossfire, Strike, and Overgrown along with Highrise from MW2.

** edit seems its a glitch for the clan tag stuff rather than a hack - video for it but i'd suggest not doing it

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:30 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Odd to put Crash in, when it's really quite similar to the one that's already in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 13:39 
Decapodian

Craster wrote:
Odd to put Crash in, when it's really quite similar to the one that's already in the game.

And if true it's more than a little cheeky to sell people the Elite upgrade on the promise of new DLC, only for it to be old maps.
I suspect these are just leftovers from the testing phase though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 13:44 
8-Bit Champion

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Craster wrote:

And if true it's more than a little cheeky to sell people the Elite upgrade on the promise of new DLC, only for it to be old maps.
I suspect these are just leftovers from the testing phase though.

Its possible , but i would also think that at least one or two of the maps we'll see will be either a simple upgrade to an old map or an exact copy

BTW since elite is still not working cant get a copy of my title but i keep meaning to put in here to temp Nickachu that i have a narwhal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 13:26 
8-Bit Champion

I realise that by posting that it will now break but Elite seems to be up at the moment - i've got in , created a group (Beex) and looked at my classes and previous match stuff.

Oh and last night the next match after everyone else left (apart from Ramsea) somone on our team got the MOAB (Mother Of All Bombs) which works a bit like the Nuke (apart from ending the game) , so a short countdown with the same screaming "arrrggghhh!" , then an EMP and the instant death of everyone on the other side (first time i've seen it in game)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 13:40 
Paws for thought

zaphod79 wrote:
I realise that by posting that it will now break but Elite seems to be up at the moment - i've got in , created a group (Beex) and looked at my classes and previous match stuff.

Oh and last night the next match after everyone else left (apart from Ramsea) somone on our team got the MOAB (Mother Of All Bombs) which works a bit like the Nuke (apart from ending the game) , so a short countdown with the same screaming "arrrggghhh!" , then an EMP and the instant death of everyone on the other side (first time i've seen it in game)

That sounds Really shit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 13:44 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dave wrote:
That sounds Really shit.

http://www.themodernwarfare3.com/mw3/ki ... -packages/

Quote:
MOAB (25 kills)
MOAB

The MOAB (Mother of All Bombs) is a hidden killstreak available with any Strike Package. It's earned by getting a 25 killstreak, not including Strike Package kills. The MOAB works pretty much like the Tactical Nuke from Modern Warfare 2; it kills every enemy on the map and causes an EMP-effect for the enemy team by eliminating all enemy equipment, electronics and killstreaks for 1 minute.

The MOAB doesn't end the match. The team that uses the MOAB will have double XP for the remainder of that match.

I prefer it to the Nuke , and given its 25 (or 24 kills) then its not the type of thing your likely to see very often

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 13:47 
Paws for thought

zaphod79 wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
That sounds Really shit.

http://www.themodernwarfare3.com/mw3/ki ... -packages/

Quote:
MOAB (25 kills)
MOAB

The MOAB (Mother of All Bombs) is a hidden killstreak available with any Strike Package. It's earned by getting a 25 killstreak, not including Strike Package kills. The MOAB works pretty much like the Tactical Nuke from Modern Warfare 2; it kills every enemy on the map and causes an EMP-effect for the enemy team by eliminating all enemy equipment, electronics and killstreaks for 1 minute.

The MOAB doesn't end the match. The team that uses the MOAB will have double XP for the remainder of that match.

I prefer it to the Nuke , and given its 25 (or 24 kills) then its not the type of thing your likely to see very often

Except, of course, for the bellends with an inside man on the other team.

It's just a broken mechanic they've chosen to put in. Again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 13:51 
UltraMod

The more I read about this game the less I want to play it. It's so far from realism it's ludicrous. They should just make the enemies aliens and turn it into a scifi shooter.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 13:58 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dave wrote:
Except, of course, for the bellends with an inside man on the other team.
It's just a broken mechanic they've chosen to put in. Again.

Your right of course , and i doubt it will take long for that type of thing to happen :-(

myp it wrote:
The more I read about this game the less I want to play it. It's so far from realism it's ludicrous. They should just make the enemies aliens and turn it into a scifi shooter.

To be honest it really is MW2.5 - it has a lot of the same flaws as 2 , and if you didnt enjoy 2 there is not much here to convince you otherwise - there are a few tweaks here and there but it is just the follow on from the last game.

However if you liked 2 then this has

16 new maps
New game modes (Kill confirmed and Team defender are great)
Updates to fix some broken game modes (the changes to Demolition work well)
Loads of new things to unlock (at the start its virtually impossible to play a match and not unlock something)

Multiplayer spec ops missions (2 player only)
Multiplayer hoard mode (2 player only)

A single player campain that continues / concludes the story from MW 1 and 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 14:01 
UltraMod

I didn't really enjoy MW2, no. Especially not the multiplayer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 14:16 
Paws for thought

Given that I was tired of it by midway through the first prestige of cod4, it's not for me. I'm just bemused at how people at still playing tennis Sam thing 3 years later, but withheld even more Whitney (bikes etc)

I think the moment I started playing hide and seek, kangaroos and swimming pool stabbsies to avoid actually having to play the game, it was quite obvious something was wrong.

Private games where you generally weren't playing against ducks was much begter, but shafted by no xp gain.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 14:18 
UltraMod

Mr Dave wrote:
tennis Sam thing 3

The GOTY version of this was great.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 14:22 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Mr Dave wrote:
Given that I was tired of it by midway through the first prestige of cod4, it's not for me. I'm just bemused at how people at still playing tennis Sam thing 3 years later, but withheld even more Whitney (bikes etc)

I think the moment I started playing hide and seek, kangaroos and swimming pool stabbsies to avoid actually having to play the game, it was quite obvious something was wrong.

Private games where you generally weren't playing against ducks was much begter, but shafted by no xp gain.
Just brilliant! :D

Reply to topic  [ 560 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next