Bits & Bobs 46
A new B&B for a new year !
There'e been some quite bitter ice cream turf wars round here too as I understand it.
So if you're planning a change of career best get tooled up.
Just tried the new (at least here in Spain) Ben & Jerry's Blondie Brownie. Must be one of the best factory-made ice creams I've ever tasted.
Hmm. That's interesting.

If they serve an ice cream every 30 seconds at £2 a go, that's about £2k a day. Minimum.

That's half the average bank robbery take but less of a risk as the vans are old and designed for easy access. You'd get several in one park and they'd all use the same access routes. I'm surprised ore aren't hit at the end of a day. Unless they are also used to launder cash and/or sell drugs like they do in Glasgow
In all seriousness, our ice cream man (Frank) was shot dead in his van. He was so nice :( He used to give out free ice creams to all the kids on sports day. Plus it was scoop ice cream in many flavours, not the Thatcherite Whippy stuff.

Frank was Italian. I reckon it was a mafia hit.
MaliA wrote:
Hmm. That's interesting.

If they serve an ice cream every 30 seconds at £2 a go, that's about £2k a day. Minimum.

That's half the average bank robbery take but less of a risk as the vans are old and designed for easy access. You'd get several in one park and they'd all use the same access routes. I'm surprised ore aren't hit at the end of a day. Unless they are also used to launder cash and/or sell drugs like they do in Glasgow

What about driving time and when there is no queue of customers? Rainy days? Winter.
I think Mali is planning on robbing them rather than running one. I guess he'll just plan his raids for hot sunny days.
You want one that's just finished an event on a sunny day - like a faire or a county show or something. It'll have been churning them out non-stop for hours, and you can hit it on the way home.
Squirt wrote:
You want one that's just finished an event on a sunny day - like a faire or a county show or something. It'll have been churning them out non-stop for hours, and you can hit it on the way home.

Yes. Exactly. I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.
Apparently Ron Weasly (don't know his name) used his Harry Potter money to buy an ice cream van and the first time he ran into some kids they were extremely disappointed he didn't have any ice creams so he decided to keep it stocked up all the time. He gives them away to kids for free, if he wanted to sell them he would have to get a license.
*allegedly :shrug:

sorry about your ice cream man mimi!
Had a great trip to iceland. The beer is heart stoppingly expensive, so tried to to work out what i spent.

Did the blue lagoon, the golden circle and the northern lights.
miki wrote:
Apparently Ron Weasly (don't know his name) used his Harry Potter money to buy an ice cream van and the first time he ran into some kids they were extremely disappointed he didn't have any ice creams so he decided to keep it stocked up all the time. He gives them away to kids for free, if he wanted to sell them he would have to get a license.
*allegedly :shrug:

sorry about your ice cream man mimi!

This is the best thing I have ever read and has made my day even better, and I was having a.n Awesome day
http://www.rupertgrintpress.com/tag/ice-cream-van/
Ron Weasley wrote:
‘My first ambition was to become an ice-cream man, which is why I bought the Bedford van. Not long after I first got it, I pulled into a pub to do a U-turn and there were eight kids with their pocket money out, hoping to buy a 99 or whatever. But I had nothing to give them. I’ve learnt my lesson since then.

‘I keep my van well stocked. It’s got a proper machine that dispenses Mr Whippy ice cream and I buy my lollies wholesale – 50 for a tenner – so I never run short. I’m not allowed to sell my merchandise. I’d need a licence for that.

‘I tend to avoid July and August, but the rest of the year I’ll drive around the local villages and if I see some kids looking like they’re in need of ice creams, I’ll pull over and dish them out for free. They’ll say, “Ain’t you Ron Weasley?” And I’ll say, “It’s strange, I get asked that a lot.”

glad you are having an awesome day mimi! :kiss:

also apparently llamas
TIL you can do a google search for these

#tbm=isch&q=celebrity+name+puns&imgrc=K6S1Su16Ssg4XM%3A">https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jerem ... 6Ssg4XM%3A
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
TIL you can do a google search for these

#tbm=isch&q=celebrity+name+puns&imgrc=K6S1Su16Ssg4XM%3A">https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jerem ... 6Ssg4XM%3A

Damn you, Gaywood.
Some brilliant ones in there :DD
These are rather nice!
Whoa! That's like my three favourite food things!!
Mimi does like the taste of Burt. Fnar.
Website names that I never thought I'd see : Semen tanks.com
Sir Taxalot wrote:
Website names that I never thought I'd see : Semen tanks.com

That does beg the question: where have you been storing your semen all this time?
MaliA wrote:
Day off!!!!!

For any reason? Are things underway?
What food would you expect http://www.haitianrestaurant.co.uk to serve?
Lonewolves wrote:

Lebanese.
Lonewolves wrote:

Having looked, I expect it to serve up some tasty or.
I luffs me a good plate of or.
Mimi wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Day off!!!!!

For any reason? Are things underway?

Just wanted a day off.
http://mrdoob.com/lab/javascript/effects/solitaire/

View in full screen; click and drag. Works on mobile browsers as well and handles multi-touch.
Aw, that's cute.
Bamba wrote:
http://mrdoob.com/lab/javascript/effects/solitaire/

View in full screen; click and drag. Works on mobile browsers as well and handles multi-touch.

I'd like to think that effect came about because they coded in the "bouncy" cards, but forgot to put in the "clear screen after every frame" part of the code, and then realised that they preferred that effect.
has anything changed regarding embeded youtube videos?

I've gone into the dark souls 3 thread a couple of times, and the video near the end is auto playing.

Is that happening to anyone else or is it just me?
Malc wrote:

I've gone into the dark souls 3 thread a couple of times, and the video near the end is auto playing.

That's a twitch video, no?
DavPaz wrote:
Malc wrote:

didn't stop to hang around (at work) is there any way it can be turned off? (the auto play?)
DavPaz wrote:
Malc wrote:

Well, a Twitch livestream, but yeah.
Have been knocked sideways by lurgy of doom all week, what did I miss?

Mimi wrote:
Let's all go the this pub Grim knows, order pints of wine (then die) then refuse to pay on the basis of the illegality of it all.

Last time I drank pints of wine was at a free bar. I started stealing bottles from behind the bar and was told to leave, so I siphoned off the bottle(s) I had nicked into a pint glass and downed them. Last thing I remember was the DJ's girlfriend dialling every contact on my phone till someone agreed to take me home. I woke up on the stairs.

And that's why I no longer go to any events with a free bar.
The Great Tyrant wrote:

Same. The last time I did this was Curio's wedding in Vegas. It didn't end well.
Disgraceful behaviour
Lonewolves wrote:
The Great Tyrant wrote:

Same. The last time I did this was Curio's wedding in Vegas. It didn't end well.

I'd like to note he means that it didn't end well for him
The Great Tyrant wrote:

After about 3 drinks I lose all track of the concept of money and every bar becomes a free bar.
I think I've only once been somewhere with a free bar and we were all so confused by it that it ended with the person who was paying for it buying rounds of shots and making us drink them because we weren't abusing it hard enough.
I got in a race with the bar staff at a bar where one of our clients/suppliers (can't remember) was picking up the tab. The first mojito I ordered took ages, so I told the waitress to keep bringing them back until hadn't drunk the previous one.

The whole night is pretty blurry, but reports vary from twelve to seventeen, in around a five minute window. I do remember that the bar staff were constantly making them and lining them up on the bar for her, and she'd walk over, pick up the empty glass, hand me the new one and walk back to the bar while I downed the one she'd just gave me, at which point she'd be on her way back with a new one.

It didn't even get me that drunk - they weren't exactly overflowing with rum - but the amount of citric acid I was consuming was causing some serious heartburn :)
Because I'm such a colossal lazybones, part of the reason I don't drink more when I'm out and about is because I can never be arsed to get up and go to the bar and fight my way through the crowds.

Being able to order drinks from the table may mean that I end up significantly drunker than I do normally.
Page 32 of 60 [ 2971 posts ]