Bits & Bobs 46
A new B&B for a new year !
Grim... wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Grim... wrote:
I've had 4. That list is compiled by fucking idiots.

“Does what it says in the tin." says an idiot, referring to a draft beer called "Pint". That tastes of apricots.

Almost tastes of apricots, you philistine.

I... So...

What does it taste of?

I've not had that one, but Marble beers are usually very good. I expect it tastes like a normal bitter, but actually have some flavour.
I love pink champagne and rose wine. Ruth always refers to this as me liking girly drinks. Has she internalised the patriarchy? If so, does that not mean that you are denying her agency, and also that you are dictating that her approach to being a woman is wrong compared to your male opinion of how she as a woman should act? Genuinely interested.
I like Rose wine.
Who the fuck doesn't? I mean seriously.
Well, he's too much of a manlyman, clearly.
MrChris wrote:
Genuinely interested.

Your post seemed almost credible until this part.
Oh hey, Mr Chris, look who I met on the train today!

Attachment:
2016-04-12 19.18.48.jpg

I asked him. He said he wasn't.
VIN DIESEL!

He's clearly too drunk to know that he is.
Bamba wrote:
MrChris wrote:
Genuinely interested.

Oh my goodness, aren't you just the cleverest.

So I lied about... what? That my wife refers to them as girly drinks? Really? This discussion is that important I'd make shit up to score points? Fucking hell, man. That says a fuck of a lot more about you than it does about me.
MrChris wrote:

True! Rose rocks :hug:
Had a lovely Provence rose from Waitrose last Saturday; a tad pricey at £9 but great fruit and a superb, buttery finish, and as easy drinking as it gets. Thank goodness for patio burners.
DavPaz wrote:
Hey guys! Did I miss anything of importance in the last 2 pages?

I'm sorry, I haven't read them, so I can't help you with this one.
There's a pub near me that has Jacob's Creek rose on tap!
And now for something completely different.

The 20mph speed limits introduced in the last few months all over the place are driving me bonkers.

For one thing, I think there are too many of them, and for another, they should only apply in some places around the start and end of the school day.
Cavey wrote:
MrChris wrote:

Had a lovely Provence rose from Waitrose last Saturday; a tad pricey at £9 but great fruit and a superb, buttery finish, and as easy drinking as it gets. Thank goodness for patio burners.

I'm struggling with where the patio burners fit in here, you 90s pastiche. ;)
Grim... wrote:

I'm only gonna be impressed if they serve it in pints, Soz man. :D
MrChris wrote:
Cavey wrote:
MrChris wrote:

I'm struggling with where the patio burners fit in here, you 90s pastiche. ;)

Tsk! Rose is a Spring or Summer tipple, man, but it was still fecking cold so didn't feel right.... Until the old 20kW, aptly-named "Jupiter" burners were lit, that is. Instant Summer. Cheers! :D
MrChris wrote:
Bamba wrote:
MrChris wrote:
Genuinely interested.

So I lied about... what? That my wife refers to them as girly drinks? Really? This discussion is that important I'd make shit up to score points? Fucking hell, man. That says a fuck of a lot more about you than it does about me.

It was a joke based on the idea that it's not credible anyone would be genuinely interested in anything myp had to say. Holy fucking shit, take it down a notch you mentalist!
I find it easier to just set fire to some of the servants.
Bamba wrote:
MrChris wrote:
Bamba wrote:
MrChris wrote:
Genuinely interested.

It was a joke based on the idea that it's not credible anyone would be genuinely interested in anything myp had to say. Holy fucking shit, take it down a notch you mentalist!

Sorry, I was just assuming you were being a dick. ;)
:luv:
Hey, it's not my fault!
You deleted your post you swine.
I've only ever had one good bottle of rose wine (but it was actually a magnum). Me and the ex-wife drank it pretty quickly while we played Zombies!!! and I don't remember going to bed.
Cheap White Zinfandel is great for festivals. Take a few boxes along, doesn't really matter if it's a bit warm, drink at breakfast.
I've not had a rose I like yet, I'll drink it; but it's always my third choice.
I like prudence gin and tonic, it is served with rose petals...
When I was in the UK I once asked for a pint of diet coke
people were shocked
why? very unfair, and I had my pint of coke anyway

also I remember Grim.. posting once that his favourite beer was the one in his hand
best answer ever :D
Cavey wrote:
Grim... wrote:

They will. It's three large glasses, apparently.
miki wrote:
also I remember Grim.. posting once that his favourite beer was the one in his hand

This is indeed true.
miki wrote:
When I was in the UK I once asked for a pint of diet coke
people were shocked
why? very unfair, and I had my pint of coke anyway

I'm surprised at that, it's pretty common in my experience and is something I have a lot if I'm in somewhere for lunch rather than drinks.
Grim... wrote:
Cavey wrote:
Grim... wrote:

A large glass is 189ml? I always thought 175ml was "small".
125ml and 175ml, I think.
Google says you are both right and wrong

A "standard" glass of wine used to be 125ml - the equivalent of one unit of alcohol - but the majority of bars and pubs have scrapped this in favour of a "small" serving of 175ml or "large" at 250ml which is the equivalent of a third of a bottle of wine.25 Mar 2009
Mimi wrote:
Google says you are both right and wrong

A "standard" glass of wine used to be 125ml - the equivalent of one unit of alcohol - but the majority of bars and pubs have scrapped this in favour of a "small" serving of 175ml or "large" at 250ml which is the equivalent of a third of a bottle of wine.25 Mar 2009

I live in the frequency where action rules that God is me. I shape reality indirectly. I am the light in the dark, the guiding hand on the small of your back.

I am MaliA.
Grim... wrote:
Cavey wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Isn't that illegal under weights and measures and all that?
GazChap wrote:

"For example, as of April 2012, wine for consumption on premises may only be sold in 125, 175, and 250 mL glasses." So, yes.
Let's all go the this pub Grim knows, order pints of wine (then die) then refuse to pay on the basis of the illegality of it all.
GazChap wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Cavey wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I think that's the least of their worries :)
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
GazChap wrote:

"For example, as of April 2012, wine for consumption on premises may only be sold in 125, 175, and 250 mL glasses." So, yes.

'I'll have two large glasses of wine please. Put them in a pint glass for me'
Pundabaya wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
GazChap wrote:

'I'll have two large glasses of wine please. Put them in a pint glass for me'

That's not serving it in the designated legal glass, though. I think you'd have to transfer them into the pint glass yourself.
If they sell them to you in the glass, they can presumably pour them into the pint glass afterward.

I mean, they don't, but I think that's the idea.

Of course, a pint is a little more than 175x3ml, so you're getting a better deal :)
It'll be silly degrees of legality, but I'd assume that the wording to 'serve' the customer in the allowed glasses would technically mean that would have to be how they are handed to the customer, otherwise you are serving it in a pint glass, no matter what intermediary measures the wine went through.
It says "sold", not "serve".
Like vodka is sold in 25ml servings, but I can buy a triple vodka and coke in a pint glass. A triple wine should be no problem.
Squirt wrote:
Like vodka is sold in 25ml servings, but I can buy a triple vodka and coke in a pint glass. A triple wine should be no problem.

Until you try to stand up.
Grim... wrote:
Cavey wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Oh. Well, in that case: :excellent:
Grim... wrote:
It says "sold", not "serve".

You are right. I should read more betterer.
How much money do you think an ice cream van takes in a day?
It depends on quite a lot of things I would imagine, but some of them do ok. Bloke who used to run our local sacked it off and got one, then his son ended up getting one too. He has a nice house and decent cars etc.
Page 31 of 60 [ 2971 posts ]