Bits & Bobs 46
A new B&B for a new year !
TheVision wrote:
MaliA wrote:
I think it's a real credit to the songwriters that even "Love is an Open Door" is an ear worm. As is "Fixer Upper".

You're welcome.

Brilliant. Thanks. :facepalm:

"Their engagement is a flex arrangement, and by the way I don't see a ring"
"Don't see NO ring"
DavPaz wrote:
"Don't see NO ring"

Heh.
Currently drinking one of the nicest pints of beer I've ever had; London brewery company's 'extra pale'. The first batch they've made and onto a winner imho. Like a lager hopped with citra, but subtle and crisp. Really nice.
Bobbyaro wrote:
Currently drinking one of the nicest pints of beer I've ever had; London brewery company's 'extra pale'. The first batch they've made and onto a winner imho. Like a lager hopped with citra, but subtle and crisp. Really nice.

Feck off. I'm still at work.
Bobbyaro wrote:

I'll keep an eye out for it.
zaphod79 wrote:
GazChap wrote:
I've got a ridiculous amount of stuff that I could do with selling, I just lack the motivation to do so. Mainly because for most of it I'll have to deal with eBay morons and scammers.

There has got to be a business in selling stuff on ebay for people who cannot be bothered with the hassles of actually dealing with Ebay and the general public

And as if someone was reading the forum - this was the top link when i logged into ebay today

http://sellforme.stuffusell.co.uk/?utm_ ... aign=pilot

Quote:
Let an experienced professional sell on your behalf. If your item sells, get 70% of the final sale price
I am in Iceland. Going to find the EVE monument tomorrow. Any one want me to look there avatars up.
KovacsC wrote:
I am in Iceland. Going to find the EVE monument tomorrow. Any one want me to look there avatars up.

Get me some Findus crispy pancakes.
Lonewolves wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

What flavour
KovacsC wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

What flavour

Surprise me
Will at the wedding!!
KovacsC wrote:

Ooh yes! Squirrel but with two "L"s, please.
KovacsC wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

What flavour

Gerrorff.

(Mince)
Grim... wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Ooh yes! Squirrel but with two "L"s, please.

Llquirrel? Are you sure?
According to Radio 4 the paternity of the Archbishop was the most important thing going on in the world I had to know about at 7 AM this morning.
The eve monument

Tiles are too small to find names easily.
I thought you went to Iceland, not Australia.
Colleague: Can you come into work a bit earlier than planned as it looks like the release is done already so we can get the testing squared away sooner than expected?
Me (after arriving at work): So the release is all done then yeah?
Useless Operate Guy: Yep; good to go.
Me: It's probably not brilliant then that the most basic web service calls to the server are returning fuck all then?
UOG: Oh yeah. Huh. Looks like a directory on the server's been deleted and I don't think we've got a full set of the files needed in the deployment repo. I'll look into it...

Cue me spending the next few hours sitting here doing nothing before maybe finally getting to spend the actual five minutes it'll take me to do the post-release validation. Fuck sake.
KovacsC wrote:
The eve monument

Can some one fix them? Cheers
KovacsC wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
The eve monument

Can some one fix them? Cheers

Well, you are closest it is probably easier for you; but I would ask the owner's permission first.
Bamba wrote:
Colleague: Can you come into work a bit earlier than planned as it looks like the release is done already so we can get the testing squared away sooner than expected?
Me: It's probably not brilliant then that the most basic web service calls to the server are returning fuck all then?
UOG: Oh yeah. Huh. Looks like a directory on the server's been deleted and I don't think we've got a full set of the files needed in the deployment repo. I'll look into it...

Cue me spending the next few hours sitting here doing nothing before maybe finally getting to spend the actual five minutes it'll take me to do the post-release validation. Fuck sake.

I am in work now. Doing fuck all. This is my life!
Lonewolves wrote:
Bamba wrote:

I am in work now. Doing fuck all. This is my life!

I'm still here. After no small amount of fucking around I was able to do the five minutes of actual work required and that was that. Except that there's a second scheduled release required before I can check off another five minutes of work; and something seems to have gone wrong there as another colleague is apparently having to rush home so he can login and complete it. Then I might get to maybe leave. If that actually works. Words are going to be had on Monday morning because this is a thoroughly bullshit use of my time.
Money though innit.
Lonewolves wrote:
Money though innit.

Not in my case, though it is a pretty valuable day in lieu for about five hours of 'work'.
Bamba wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Money though innit.

Not in my case, though it is a pretty valuable day in lieu for about five hours of 'work'.

Then don't sweat it, that's as good as money! Did you manage to complete many Android games?
Yeah, upside down things are funny
Curiosity wrote:
Yeah, upside down things are funny

Bats
MaliA wrote:
Wot?

Upside-down cakes.
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Wot?

Upside-down cakes.

Wot?
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Wot?

Upside-down cakes.

Wot?

Are funny.
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Wot?

Upside-down cakes.

Wot?

Are funny.

Are you mugging me off, son? I SAID ARE MUGGING ME OFF?

STEVE! LAUGHING BOY HERE THINKS HE CAN MUG ME OFF!

Now, son. Are you mugging me off?
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Wot?

Upside-down cakes.

Wot?

Are funny.

Like bats
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Wot?

Upside-down cakes.

Wot?

Are funny.

Like bats

Oh that's OK then.
A VR project to capture the current state of Chernobyl

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... r-disaster
I've been sitting at my desk for the last hour, wearing a full-body fish costume, because in the time that has passed since me putting the costume on (to demo it for people in the office) and me wanting to take it off, a client has come in for some training and if I leave my desk to go and take the costume off, I'll have to walk directly in front of them.
GazChap wrote:
I've been sitting at my desk for the last hour, wearing a full-body fish costume, because in the time that has passed since me putting the costume on (to demo it for people in the office) and me wanting to take it off, a client has come in for some training and if I leave my desk to go and take the costume off, I'll have to walk directly in front of them.

So many questions. I don't know where to start.
oh godddddddddddddd why
And there's a branch sticking out of your head
Lonewolves wrote:
oh godddddddddddddd why

Jem's friends have been doing "Come Dine With Me" dinner party thingies for a month or two, and the next one that we've got scheduled is themed. We don't know the theme yet, we've just been told to "wear swimwear" - so I'm taking it a bit too literally.
GazChap wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
oh godddddddddddddd why

Jem's friends have been doing "Come Dine With Me" dinner party thingies for a month or two, and the next one that we've got scheduled is themed. We don't know the theme yet, we've just been told to "wear swimwear" - so I'm taking it a bit too literally.

So when they throw you in the pool wearing that you've only got yourself to blame, really.
GazChap wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
oh godddddddddddddd why

That probably means they have a hot tub in the garden aka they're probably sex people.
Page 27 of 60 [ 2971 posts ]