OOO OOO OOO OOO The Olympics
. OO OO OO OO OO
Well, I know there's a lot of bitching mixed in with praise and pride on Twitter, but I really enjoyed it. I thought it was funny, touching and quite dark in places. It was probably just about as opposite to the Chinese ceremony as could be.
Grim... wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
What did they say the copper pots were for?

They haven't, yet.

Oh, I heard them mention them but missed the next sentence Thought they would have said.
I can't wait to see what Curio has arranged for the Cottage III. That was a high, high, bar to set.
Grim... wrote:
Atkinson!

I have to confess, when the Queen sat down I said "What the fuck is Rowan Atkinson doing sat behind her?". I'm an ecumenical question.
Look up Rowen Atkinson Indian Waiter on YouTube.
Kern wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

The wine-tasting. France usually does well on this.

Nah, I'd be in the British team. ;)
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Atkinson!

I have to confess, when the Queen sat down I said "What the fuck is Rowan Atkinson doing sat behind her?". I'm an ecumenical question.

They're the two people everyone in the world is likely to recognise.
Grim... wrote:
Look up Rowen Atkinson Indian Waiter on YouTube.

I'll do it after this.

I think they just said the copper pots are petals.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Kern wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

You have to spit the wine out when you're wine tasting.
This ceremony has genuinely made me feel patriotic for the first time in my life. I think it's because of the tangible stuff like music, rather than some jubilee bollocks.
Kern wrote:
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Atkinson!

They're the two people everyone in the world is likely to recognise.

I sincerely hope you're joking, Kern... :)

Seriously, though, what the fecking feck is the Archbishop of Canterbury doing getting that sort of seat?
WTB wrote:
This ceremony has genuinely made me feel patriotic for the first time in my life. I think it's because of the tangible stuff like music, rather than some jubilee bollocks.

You really are a massive twat, myp.
Craster wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Kern wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

You have to spit the wine out when you're wine tasting.

Oh. :(
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
WTB wrote:

:D
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
What, everytime I've seem him on tv in anything he's acted in a beanesque manner. I don't enjoy that sort of humor.

the only things he's 'Bean-like' in is Mr Bean. :shrug:

Your loss. :p

Leave myp alone, Craster!
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Seriously, though, what the fecking feck is the Archbishop of Canterbury doing getting that sort of seat?

To annoy Team Vatican.
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
WTB wrote:

Superb.
Zardoz wrote:
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
WTB wrote:

Superb.

Shut up, Joans.
That's a point, actually - given that Vatican City is technically a country, sort of, do they send some competitors in? The 500m choirboy steeplechase must be a shoe-in for them.
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
That's a point, actually - given that Vatican City is technically a country, sort of, do they send some competitors in? The 500m choirboy steeplechase must be a shoe-in for them.

Think how awesome the Vatican Games would be! Ladies' beach volleyball in St Peter's.... The hurdles in St Peter's... oh, the possibilities.
The Last Salmon Man wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
What, everytime I've seem him on tv in anything he's acted in a beanesque manner. I don't enjoy that sort of humor.

And the opening ceremony, it seems.
Grim... wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

I assumed that was on purpose, seeing as he got a lift in a mini in the beach clip.
Grim... wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Well, he did do it as Mr Bean.
Grim... wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

I assumed that was on purpose, seeing as he got a lift in a mini in the beach clip.

That wasn't a mini! It was a 1940s car.
She's using an iPhone!
Christ, look at the chins on the canucks. Maybe Perkies isn't such a mutant afterall...
Oh my. Canada has some real talent.
I think Atkinson is a genius of comedy. In his writing he can craft a sentence with the most precise and well balanced comedy cadence. His pronunciation and vocal delivery are just as precise and his physical expression is amazingly adaptable.

I could just watch him say the word 'Bob' and crack up.
Zardoz wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Well, he did do it as Mr Bean.

I thought he did everything as Mr Bean. :shrug:
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Oh my. Canada has some real talent.

:this:
An Olympic opening event would be a great scenario for L4D2.
Mimi wrote:
I think Atkinson is a genius of comedy. In his writing he can craft a sentence with the most precise and well balanced comedy cadence. His pronunciation and vocal delivery are just as precise and his physical expression is amazingly adaptable.

Ditto. Mrs K loves him to bits, too. She's a bit weird though - her top two sleb crushes are Rowan Atkinson and early Hugh Laurie.
Nice to see Chile walk out to Pet Shop Boys. Very apt.
Mimi wrote:

No, he's awful. He just pulls faces! It's not my kind of humour!!!

*runs before getting slapped*
Chilean Archery Flag Bearing lass was a bit lovely.
Christ, China has sent the whole country.
Mimi wrote:

Everyone who just read that did the voice in their head.
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Christ, China has sent the whole country.

That's just one family!
Craster wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Everyone who just read that did the voice in their head.

And imagined his face when he did it.

Wasn't "bob" a punchline in Blackadder Goes Forth?
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Ditto. Mrs K loves him to bits, too. She's a bit weird though - her top two sleb crushes are Rowan Atkinson and early Hugh Laurie.

She must have gushed buckets when she saw your rubbery mush.
Mimi wrote:

Mr Bean or Rowan Atkinson?
I'm surprised no athletes have committed suicide after being forced to listen to West End Girls for that long.
I love it when they have absolutely nothing sports related to say about a country so they just turn to geographic and political facts. As just demonstrated by the Cook Islands.
I bet you'd gush buckets if you could find someone to play Left 4 Dead with you.
Yay! Critical mass ran a protest outside the stadium and they're in a kettle.
BTW, did anyone else notice Huw I'm Having A Stroke Edwards couldn't pronounce Isambard Brunel properly?
WTB wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Mr Bean or Rowan Atkinson?

Go back to sleep, myp.
Craster wrote:
I love it when they have absolutely nothing sports related to say about a country so they just turn to geographic and political facts. As just demonstrated by the Cook Islands.

Yes, pity they didn't mention the human rights abuses when Bahrain came out.
WTB wrote:

:this:

Sir Danny Boyle anyone?
Page 24 of 53 [ 2601 posts ]