Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: SKYRIM - Let's talk about the upcoming Elder Scrolls game...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:41 
Hibernating Druid

Is there a 'calm down, calm down' spell/scroll/staff you can use maybe?

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:46 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

KovacsC wrote:
One huge bug for me.. Doing the companions quest. Hand one in to Alda, she says to see Koldak, he keeps attacking me..

Very frustraiting

Not turning into a vampire, are you?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:50 
Hibernating Druid

Nah, he always dresses like that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:10 
Master of dodgy spelling....

I doubt it, I have become a werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:20 
Legendary Boogeyman

Can you unbecome a werewolf? I've avoided that quest because it sounds like its going to be a hassle to go down that thread and it'll interfere with other shit I'm up to at the moment.

Relatedly I did the quest where:

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I found the werewolf in the jail and took his ring. Then killed the stag to talk to the Daedra, and then killed the werewolf to get the ring off. No hint about how to undo being a wolf though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:23 
Hibernating Druid

Being a Werewolf doesn't really interfere with anything.
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
You loose your restful sleep, but you become immune to disease. You only transform when you want to and it's only for 3mins at a time unless you feed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:37 
I used the werewolf "perk" once and ended up getting bountied in town and having my follower attack me. So I re-loaded and never did it again. Not much point of it for the style of play I had.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:38 
Hibernating Druid

I use it for galloping across to new parts of the map where I can't fast travel.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 13:05 

I have a full set of dragon scale Armour...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 0:38 
Legendary Boogeyman

Ok, I've got me some unimproved Daedric armour now, and smithing is at 100. Really want to improve it because as-is it's not that much better than my improved steel gear. Won't touch it though until enchanting is max and I can buff the shit out of smithing to get extra improvement. Need moar soul gems. Might make some dragon armour for cash as I've loads of materials but won't be wearing it. 42 hours stolen so far. Fuck me. Even Deus Ex didn't thieve my time like this.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:17 
Excellently Membered

Zardoz wrote:
I killed a Dragon last night that didn't burn up to leave a skellington. Is that a certain type or just a bug?

Could be a bug. Found the main bad dragon dude hovering over another buried dragon site and resurrecting it. After killing resurrected dragon main dragon dude just sat in the air over my head alas nothing I did hurt of even provoked him. Either I'm so wuss he didn't notice or the game broke.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:12 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Blimey EBG, you seem to be playing a lot at the moment, done any of Thieves Guild/ Dark Brother/ Mage quests yet?

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:43 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

itsallwater wrote:
Could be a bug. Found the main bad dragon dude hovering over another buried dragon site and resurrecting it. After killing resurrected dragon main dragon dude just sat in the air over my head alas nothing I did hurt of even provoked him. Either I'm so wuss he didn't notice or the game broke.

That's deliberate, because the game doesn't want you fighting him yet. He's supposed to fuck off, mind.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:47 

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
Ok, I've got me some unimproved Daedric armour now, and smithing is at 100. Really want to improve it because as-is it's not that much better than my improved steel gear. Won't touch it though until enchanting is max and I can buff the shit out of smithing to get extra improvement. Need moar soul gems. Might make some dragon armour for cash as I've loads of materials but won't be wearing it. 42 hours stolen so far. Fuck me. Even Deus Ex didn't thieve my time like this.

Why not improve it? Means you will have the added armour bonus. You can enchant it later.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:05 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

KovacsC wrote:

Why not improve it? Means you will have the added armour bonus. You can enchant it later.

:this:

Or tbh the cost of a new set of Daedric isn't that high later in the game when you have over 200k gold, you can get all the Ebony you need from the Gloombound Mine, and the Daedric hearts from the bloke in the Magehold

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:09 

buy the time I made dragon armour, I had 47 scales.

I am tempted to make the dragon bones into armour and sell it.

Now to work on enchantments... yippee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:10 
Legendary Boogeyman

Slightly Green wrote:
Blimey EBG, you seem to be playing a lot at the moment, done any of Thieves Guild/ Dark Brother/ Mage quests yet?

Nope, I haven't even done the 7000 steps thing yet to learn shouts properly. I'm getting round to it.

Kovacs I want max enchantment skill so I can enchant the maximum possible smithing buffs to whatever I'm wearing before I improve the Daedric armour. Then I'll neck my Blacksmith's Elixir (50% improvement to smithing for x seconds), and improve it to Legendary status, rather than just Flawless (which is unbuffed L100 smithing).

Then I can think about which enchantments I want to set on the improved armour :DD

Yes, I'm playing too much. Finding it hard to sleep because I'm either dreaming about levelling up or the theme music is playing on a constant loop in my head.

It's quite unlike Dungeon Siege 2 which is the last game of this sort I played. The major disadvantage with that is that you could play the whole game and only go up 30 levels without hideous repetitive grind. Once completed you can restart the game at the level you finished it at (although why you'd want to is a mystery), because only the really awesome legendary armour and weapon enchantments start at level 60+. The items just aren't purchasable anywhere until you're high enough up on the game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:13 
Hibernating Druid

Sounds like your enjoying the work aspect of the game more than the adventuring to me.

I'm improving my gear as I go along, rather than aiming for the very best before getting stuck in.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:13 

Have you used the work bench to increase it to legendary? All my kit is legendary :)

You forge it than use the work bench. I have enough to make a second set. As the enchanctments aren't that good yet but will be later.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:15 

Zardoz wrote:
Sounds like your enjoying the work aspect of the game more than the adventuring to me.

I'm improving my gear as I go along, rather than aiming for the very best before getting stuck in.

:this: but every time I was in Winterrun I bought as many iron ingots and ore she had or I could afford. Made iron daggers (am I sick of Iron daggers now).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:17 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Kovacs I want max enchantment skill so I can enchant the maximum possible smithing buffs to whatever I'm wearing before I improve the Daedric armour. Then I'll neck my Blacksmith's Elixir (50% improvement to smithing for x seconds), and improve it to Legendary status, rather than just Flawless (which is unbuffed L100 smithing).

erm...all my Daedric is Legendary, and i managed that with only Blacksmithing 100, didn't need any enchants or elixirs....hmmmm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:29 
Hibernating Druid

KovacsC wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

:this: but every time I was in Winterrun I bought as many iron ingots and ore she had or I could afford. Made iron daggers (am I sick of Iron daggers now).

Yeah, don't get me wrong I've made more than my fair share of Iron Daggers (and Leather Bracers) :) but I'd much rather be off out in the open air or creeping around dungeons than 'working'.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:32 
I tended to just gather as much stuff as I could on my travels for smithing then load up my companion and then smith and sell it all, using the house in whiterun as a base then being hugely overencumbered didnt matter too much as it was only a short ride. My blades sword kicked ass with damage of 80something I think by the time I finished.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:48 
Legendary Boogeyman

Slightly Green wrote:
erm...all my Daedric is Legendary, and i managed that with only Blacksmithing 100, didn't need any enchants or elixirs....hmmmm

That's interesting, although I think I've just realised why. When I hit 100 I tried improving an iron dagger and it only went to flawless. But then I realised that Iron smithing has no perk and so the 'improve twice as much' multiplier doesn't factor in. With Daedric you're quite right in saying that with the perk to make it, I'll be able to improve it to legendary.

However, from the Skyrim wiki:

Quote:
Quality levels continue past Legendary, although the displayed quality will not reflect that. Each new level increases armor ratings by 3.6 and weapon ratings by 1.8, resulting in an increase of about +0.1 per effective skill point for armor, and +0.05 for other items.

So there's still a reason to try to max your smithing potential before doing the improvement. I take your points though, I might as well improve this set sooner rather than later and carry on with the game.

Zardoz wrote:
I'd much rather be off out in the open air or creeping around dungeons than 'working'.

Me too, and I'm not just grinding skills. I'm constantly off exploring random locations or fulfilling minor quests, and when I've done a few of those I'll load up on a few suppliers to work a skill. There isn't much else I can grind at this point without exploring the game further in any case. I'm still trying to find this staff after the drunken night out, but trying to get to the glen where the witch was located was a nightmare. Had to navigate over a fort seemingly filled with raiders that were kicking my arse, so after a few well-planned but hard kills I sneak past (near the Atronach stone), and then a fucking dragon appears in a seemingly non-random encounter, forcing me to spend ages sneaking around it to get where I needed to be. Took about an hour and made me appreciate I needs better armour, yo.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 0:14 
Legendary Boogeyman

At the risk of talking to myself - improved Daedric armour and Daedric warhammer while under the influence of a lovely blacksmith elixir. I'm now extremely hard to kill, and I can take down a mammoth in 3-4 hits of my hammer. It's jolly lovely, is what it is. About 15k in gold now and very little to spend it on :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 0:17 

At the risk of talking to myself - improved Daedric armour and Daedric warhammer while under the influence of a lovely blacksmith elixir. I'm now extremely hard to kill, and I can take down a mammoth in 3-4 hits of my hammer. It's jolly lovely, is what it is. About 15k in gold now and very little to spend it on :)

Got a house yet?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 0:19 
Legendary Boogeyman

Yup, fully kitted out. Trying to clear out my minor quests at the moment but its just landing with me more loot :kiss:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:39 
Excellently Membered

Just a note you can improve things more than once if needed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:23 
Go buy more houses. Then save money for the cheevo.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:02 
Legendary Boogeyman

itsallwater wrote:

Only up to Legendary though I think. Once it's already there, you can't keep throwing ingots at it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:06 
itsallwater wrote:

Only up to Legendary though I think. Once it's already there, you can't keep throwing ingots at it.

If you have increased smithing armour necklaces rings potions etc... I think it can go more.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:09 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

itsallwater wrote:

It increases up to what your skill level (boosted with potions if you like) allows. So if you're at 100 and have potions, it'll go up to Legendary. But you can do it once at 50 and get Great, and then again at 100 to get Legendary. It's not like enchanting where you can't improve an existing enchantment.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:20 
Legendary Boogeyman

Something to play with later then.My enchanting is still only at 50ish, although I've started finding black soul gems now, which is good. Also the mammoth is the only readily accessible grand soul, so that combined with my epic hammer makes collecting them fairly straightforward.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

You can buy black soul gems from a guy in the College of Winterhold. I find that you fight so many human characters that using blacks is by far the easiest way to get grand souls.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:24 
Legendary Boogeyman

Craster wrote:
using blacks is by far the easiest way to get grand souls.

Racist.

Really must go to that mages college, still haven't gotten around to that area of the map yet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:36 
Skillmeister

GOT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 19:28 
Slightly Brackish

Dimrill wrote:
GOT

We know you've got the game Dale, you done gotten it ages ago, not sure what you're trying to say...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 20:43 
UltraMod

Pretty sure a bunch of you have already gotten this off of the internet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 21:01 
chewbacca -future arc welder

I brought it in a shop though innit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 22:21 
UltraMod

krazywookie wrote:
I brought it in a shop though innit.

Or you coulda gotten it in a videogame store.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 23:01 
Excellent Member

I could care less.

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 0:00 
Legendary Boogeyman

Plissken wrote:
I could care less.

I'm relieved you care as much as we do.

I'm level 41, and just bought my second much more expensive house that comes with an enchanting table and a dickload of free ingredients and gems and shizzle. REALLY must stop dicking around with side quests and progress on the main story a bit. Those greybeards have been waiting for a couple of in-game months for me by now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:12 
Slightly Brackish

I wish someone would borrow me a copy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:11 
Skillmeister

Write me. It's rather addicting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 19:06 

I can complete the companions quest now... looks like it has fixed itself.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 20:13 

Woot I am married...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 20:32 
Slightly Brackish

KovacsC wrote:
Woot I am married...

I never saw my wife again after the ceremony, didn't even have chance to kiss her before she legged it for the exit. I think she was only in it for the 10G.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 15:44 
Excellent Member

Too ill to go on the legendary annual Pipes & Ales pub crawl, my head hurts like a bastard and I am all coughy and sneezy. :'(

So to make up for that I've bought myself Skyrim. :)

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 16:18 
Honey Boo Boo

Hm. I inadvertently bought a bottle of Brooklyn Lager from Tesco in your honour, then.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 21:45 
Excellent Member

metalangel wrote:
Hm. I inadvertently bought a bottle of Brooklyn Lager from Tesco in your honour, then.

Afraid so. Still, Brooklyn Lager, never a redundant purchase. Wish I had gone along though, but frankly, I'm as weak as a diseased kitten right now.

Anyway, Skyrim...

OMFG!!!!

And I use the text-speak legitimately. I cannot believe how stupidly big and detailed it is. Am playing with the performance-enhancer mod that speeds up the FPS a bit, and the hi-res textures, better star field and improved UI mods. This game is a dream. At the moment just gone to visit the Jarl in Whiterun for the first time. Still only an hour and a half in... God this game is huge, isn't it?

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

Reply to topic  [ 1550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next